28 | lively home

I forgot what day it was in canon, so if I said in a previous chapter that they had school today, no, I didn't. Shh

-

"It's just kinda weird, I don't know, (Y/n)." We're the unsettled words Denji uttered to his girlfriend. That fateful tour of the church finally happened, and much to his surpise, he ended up hating it even more. The cameras in the bedding rooms, Barem in general, all of it was very off-putting.

His face hung on every wall, albeit it was more Chainsaw Man's, the notion still stands. So why would he want to be anywhere where children were consummated on bedsheets with his face on it? He shivers violently at the memory.

Denji and (Y/n) were currently out on the town, finding a cozy little bench to sit and eat Popsicles on. They sat on opposite ends of the metal bench long ways, their feet propped up and intertwining.

"Yes... It's too much." (Y/n) whispers while you awkwardly finish your Popsicle. It was the weekend now, and it only meant one thing to Denji. His eyes flickered up and down your Devil Hunter Club uniform, his eyes finding that hat. He spent so much of his time babbling on that you were fully able to finish your icey treat long before him.

He didn't like it when you wore it. He understood it was club uniform, but Denji reaches and slips the hat off your head, a pouty look over, taking his face.

"What?" You giggled, confusion striking your expression.

"You're off the clock, aren'cha?" He mumbled and tucked the hat beneath his armpit.

His answer did not satisfy your curiosity. You found it strange how his eyes seemed to shyly move away from yours. Yes?" Your head quirked when more. He puts it again, but the air around it is make somber than it is playful. You blink, "Aw... Ji? Are you jealous?" The giggle rolls straight of your tongue.

Denji tenses shaking his head aggressively. "Hell no!" He barked loudly.

"You are!" You leaned forward, jabbing a finger into his chest. Thr finger melts into a palm as you pat his poor chest above his poor little heart. "What's wrong, Denji." You hush softly, in the tone you knew he couldn't resist.

"It's the weekend... And you were at that church all day. Not fair." He shakes his head passionately, his lips puckering to shame. He takes the last bite of his Popsicle and wedges the stick between his teeth.

"Aw... I'm here now, Denji." You giggled. You pulled your knees up to your chest as you scooted down near to him, now sitting in between his legs. Denji had brainwashed you. You were becoming eerily numb to PDA. You wrapped arms around his body, sinking your head deep into his shoulder. His body coddled you, trapping your knees in-between your chest and his while his legs swung inwards to trap you tightly.

His arms warmly found your back with a giddy, girlish gasp. He loved your warmth, your hugs, your love, and your care. He was cheesing from ear to ear.

You wished you could spend every day like this with him. Last niht your besmd was cold, your house empty. The desolation of it all hit your terribly hard last night, and without your phone, it wasn't like you could call Denji.

Wait, where is your phone?
You could have sworn someone said they found it?

Oh, well.
You were rich enough to simply buy another one.

Still, even a simple phone couldn't take away the emptiness that plagued your home. You missed aounds in your home. You missed the laughter and the voices as they chatted about. You missed smelling food cooking as you stepped out of the shower.

That love faded away.
And it left an uncomfortable, undesriable hole the buried deep through your heart.

Your smile faltered, but diligiently, you leaned into Denji more. And handsomely, he accepted more of your weight, as if he was egging you to rest on him more.