Ancestral Cataclysm (Illustra...

By VinoLeunc

In 2055, a magnificent discovery happen. A new race of hominins is found frozen in deep Alaska. This unidenti... More

Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017 - 40 kilometers per hour
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021 - Distress Call
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024 - A phone call was made
Chapter 025 - Did Ros really do that?
Chapter 026 - The Observant, The Ignorant, And The Untouchable
Chapter 027 - Elad's Bunker
Chapter 028
Chapter 029 - Blue Lantern
Chapter 030 - Who is There?!
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036 - Natural Conversation
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039 - Real-Life Superpower
Chapter 040 - King of Fruit
Chapter 041 - The Stadium
Chapter 042 - Now
Chapter 043 - Near Death
Chapter 044
Chapter 045 - Michellin Award
Chapter 046 - Thwarting
Chapter 047 - What Must I Do?
Chapter 048 - Jumps
Chapter 049
Chapter 050 - 43 hours
Chapter 051 - Drifting
Chapter 052 - Eagle
Chapter 053 - Diversity
Chapter 054 - Candi Jagat Tuwo
Chapter 055 - Pray
Chapter 056 - White Tiger
Chapter 057 - Bite It
Chapter 058 - Biosemiotics
Chapter 059 - Pirates?
Chapter 060 - Primitive
Chapter 061 - Long Crates
Chapter 062 - Victim
Chapter 064- Extraction
Chapter 065 - Meteorite
Chapter 066 - Found
Chapter 067 - Revenge
Chapter 068 - Wait For Us
Chapter 069 - Dead End?
Chapter 070 - Extinct
Chapter 071 - Ros
Chapter 072 - Ros Story
Chapter 073 - Infiltration 1
Chapter 074 - Infiltration 2
Chapter 075 - Infiltration 3
Chapter 076 - Infiltration 4
Chapter 077 - Infiltration 5
Chapter 078 - The Identity

Chapter 063 - Reunion

2 1 0
By VinoLeunc

Two airplanes arrive near the CCT base camp. One is the amphibian Dikombo's airplane, and the other one is a bigger cargo airplane.

Jack McMoney, Dikombo Matamba, and Jeff exit the Dikombo amphibian airplane. Meanwhile, many of McMoney's mercenaries exit from the cargo airplane. All of them are prepared with full bulletproof gear and weapons.

"Meziah." Said McMoney walking closer to Meziah who was welcoming him.

"McMoney." Replied Meziah.

But then they just stand in silence, looking at each other without a word. They both like measuring the power of each.

"Where is the weapon?" Meziah asked.

"Where is the money?" McMoney asked back.

"Jacobson is on the way here, you can ask him. So where is the package? The artifact?" Meziah said and asked.

"Jeff..." McMoney said.

"Yes, Jack?" Jeff said.

"Show him, but just awhile," McMoney said.

"OK, Jack." Jeff then opens the case in his hand, he shows the baby skull to Meziah, but only for a few seconds, and closes it back.

"Now, your turn, the Japanese Scientist?" McMoney asked.

"There, locked in a room," Meziah said.

"But why do we do this? In fact, we must wait for Jacobson for the transaction." Meziah said again.

But they don't have to wait long, because the person they are waiting for is coming.

A group of futuristic helicopters come to them.

(The picture above is just for rough imagination. Your imagination may be more correct in describing the situation.)

That group of helicopters comes closer and keeps hovering in the sky above them.

Through the windows of the helicopter, they can see inside it is Jacobson and his army.

5 minutes...

10 minutes...

Still, Jacobson and his army are just hovering above Meziah and others.

Maziah can not wait any longer, he commands his army to take a megaphone.

"Hey, Jacobson... What are you waiting for? Come down, isn't it there is a transaction need to be done?" Meziah said through his megaphone.

They can see Jacobson trying to respond to that call by taking a walkie-talkie.

Meziah then also takes a walkie-talkie and finds the same frequency as Jacobson.

"Ah... Yeah... Hello, can you hear me?" Jacobson's sound was heard through the walkie-talkie.

"Yes, Jacobson, why don't you come down?" Meziah asked again.

"Well... the view is beautiful from up here... The sunset, the scenery..." Jacobson said.

Well, it is a nonsense answer, but what can Meziah and McMoney do?

"What about my packages, do you have them? Where is my artifact?" Jacob asked.

McMoney then signals Jeff for him to open the case again and show it to Jacob.

"Wait let me see with my binoculars," Jacob said...

"Is it genuine?" He asked again.

"Why don't you come down and make sure yourself?" Meziah said.

"OK, just put that on top of the rock over there, in the open field," Jacob commands.

What else they can do besides obey Jacob's command? So Jeff just follows the instructions, he walks and puts the case on top of the pointed rock.

"OK, good boy... And where is the Japanese Scientist?" Jacob asked again.

"There... locked inside the cabin house over there," Meziah said.

"Good... Good... OK, Jack, you can give them the weapons." Jacob said.

"Wait... No-no... You need to pay me first." McMoney takes Meziah's walkie-talkie and says.

"Alright-alright... Money first, always like that for you, isn't it Jack? Wait... Here, done, check your account." Jacob said.

Jack McMoney then checks his account number, and the huge payment is received. McMoney is smiling and so are Jeff and Dikombo, they think finally they get what they deserve.

Then McMoney commands his mercenaries to bring all the weapon crates from the cargo plane there, in front of Meziah. They open the top crate to show them what is inside, and it is what they want, a bunch of advanced weapons. But when this is happening...

"DON'T MOVE! DROP YOUR GUN! OR I WILL SLICE YOUR LEADER'S THROAT!" Nasef suddenly grabbed Meziah from behind and held his knife to Meziah's neck.

When this happens, all the RDA army also point their gun at CCT's army and McMoney's mercenaries. Jibir also points his weapon at Otomanko from the optimal range. He knows if he is too close or too far from him, Otomanko can quickly do something that will disadvantage him.

"After all my hard work, you think I'll just hand over all my hard work to you? Don't dream, Meziah." Nasef said to Meziah.

But Meziah just keeps smiling and calm in that situation. Even though the CCT army is still confused about what must they do? And also McMoney's mercenaries.

"HA-HA-HA, that cockroach finally shows their true identity. People who use religion to gain authority are guaranteed as biggest losers in this world." Jacob said just to his army, this is become their internal joke to be laughed at together. From above they are witnessing the betrayal.

ARGH!

Suddenly a crew of the CCT army screams, what he is doing no other than cutting his own throat, slowly.

This distracted the attention of Nasef and all of his RDA's army. Only in that slight moment, does Otomanko move fast. He slices Jibir's hand and then Nasef's hand quickly.

That slice cut off Jibir's and Nasef's hands. And because the cut is deep, it is also cut Meziah. Meziah's cheek and chest are also cut, and it is bleeding. But Meziah keeps calm like nothing happened. What is for sure, is now Nasef's hand holding a knife on Meziah's throat has already fallen to the ground.

"AAAAAAARGH!" Nasef is crying because he feels the pain.

Jibir and Nasef, fall to the ground and moan in pain because they lose their hand.

This incident shocks the RDA army, they do not know what to do...

Meziah who is still bleeding smiles and sees Nasef below him.

"You see... This is the difference between you and me. A low bastard like you just maximum become a cat, you will never become a lion like me." Meziah said proudly.

But suddenly a rain is falling... From the far border of CCT's base camp gate, they hear gunshots and a crowd situation.

"What is that?" Meziah asked Otomanko.

"Dunno," Otomanko said.

But they do not need to wait for long, because the answer is coming.

A large group of no longer normal humans is attacking. They are furious, very agile, and love to bite. Their saliva is overflowing through their mouth.

They are led by a muscular primate-looking man. That primate-looking person looks stronger than the rest and more furious also.

"See! He is coming for the skull! I already told you!" Jeff says, and he is running to try to grab his case that he left on the top of the rock.

BANG!

A warning shot was fired from the helicopter.

"What are you doing? I already paid for that." Jacob said.

So what must Jeff do? Run then, try to save his life.

Now the chaos is happening. There is no longer CCT, RDA, Mercenaries, etc... The clear distinctive is only infected, or uninfected yet.

Gunshots everywhere. Screams... Shouting... Not clear who shot who.

Survive, is the most clear priority of intention.

"Our calculation of timing is perfect, boss. The chaos is happening just like we hope and plan." Jacob's subordinate said.

"OK, good... Listen up! Shoot the alpha primate with the tranquilizer. And bravo team, protect the Japanese Scientist Cabin from above. Be careful because they can throw stones at us." Jacob gives a command.

"Affirmative sir!"

And so the army on the helicopters do as commanded.

Bravo team helicopters fly above the cabin where Sayaka is locked. They shoot from above every threat that comes.

The rest they shoot any threat, and try to tranquilize the alpha primate.

But when this is happening, of course, there is a group of people that are in shock and panic to survive. A small group that is locked in a small cage.

"Oh my God! The infected attack... What must we do?" Said the Cruise Ship Captain.

Gerald thinks a lot, and then he sees the ground where they sit is getting wet.

"Just cover our body with this mud, all of the area, we must cover our odor," Gerald said.

"But this cage only made from thin wire and wood, do you think this is can hold the infected?" Ros asked Gerald.

"Honestly, I am not sure. But I guess the best way is to hide here and avoid their attention." Gerald said.

But what else they can do, so they cover all of their body with mud and fold their body pretending to be stone.

"Rory, you also need to do this," Gerald said to Rory.

Rory is still in the state of grieving, he is living soullessly. But he still does what Gerald asks, so without any enthusiasm, he just covers his body with mud.

But when this happens, two men are confused and run around in front of the cage.

"What must we do? What must we do?" Jeff said to Dikombo.

"I do not know if we run to the forest, I do not think we can outrun the infected, besides many dangerous animals around here. Our route to my plane was also crowded already." Dikombo said.

"Go to the tent, hide," Jeff said.

"That fabric tent? I don't think so." Dikombo said.

"Hey, I know you... You are the expedition worker on Alaska." Ros said.

"Who are you?" Jeff asked because Ros was already covered in mud.

"I am the archeologist from the US," Ros said.

"Hey listen, if you want to survive, go get the key of this cage and hide here together with us!" Gerald said.

"You are right... Dike, they have survived until now, it is means they are experts on this. Come on just follow them." Jeff said.

"OK... Where is the key?" Dikombo asked.

"There inside that tent... Hurry." Gerald said.

Dikombo and Jeff then run to the tent, find the key, open the cage, and enter.

Gerald and Ros help them to cover all of their body with mud.

Yes, it is a small cage, it is very packed with six of them.

"Just hope this cage can protect us," Jeff said...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 103 41
It's 2229. Luther Wall, the most powerful man in the world, is inexplicably dead, leaving the population stunned and the world at risk of civil war...
109 14 8
Ever imagined what it's like to be a zombie? Do you truly feel nothing? Are you just a mindless creature that randomly attacks anyone or anything? ...
275K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
18 0 10
Like the start of any apocalyptic tale - an asteroid was headed towards Earth - but did it actually reach its mark? That's irrelevant, the world's go...