Fruits Basket The Blossoming...

By Gamekip99

Sakura Suzuki is Tohru Honda's best friend and rich big sister figure her entire life. Like Tohru, Sakura li... More

OC Info
Chapter 1: Seeds of Friendship
Chapter 3: Sense and Insensibility
Chapter 4: Kagura
Chapter 5: Blood or Bonds?
Chapter 6: Festival
Chapter 7: Date
Chapter 8: Is There A Doctor in the Soma House?!
Chapter 9: Sakura's Life Pt 1
Chapter 10: Sakura and Tamaki
Chapter 11: Night Life (Sakura's Life Part 2)
Chapter 12: New York for New Years
Chapter 13: Schooling Off
Chapter 14: Darth Mall
Chapter 15: NYC Let's See
Chapter 16: Uncle Yoshi
Chapter 17: Yuki and Me
Chapter 18: Timely Fashion
Chapter 19: Valentines Day

Chapter 2: The Animal Instinct

109 1 0
By Gamekip99

The two girls were in shock at Kyo, Yuki, and Shigure's transformation when someone arrived at the door. Sakura then went down and signed the package. The delivery man left as the animals started to talk.

Kyo: Thanks a lot, you damn rat! We could've kept the girls from finding us out!

Yuki: Says the guy who fell from the roof and didn't just go through the door.

Sakura: What just happened?

Shigure: Well, you two seem to be smart girls, so I might as well. I'm the dog, Yuki's the rat, and Kyo Soma's the cat. We're all possessed by animal spirits. In fact, 10 more share our pain. Adding insult to injury, we turn into them with our bodies under immense pressure or hugged by the opposite sex. That explains why Yuki never hugged you, Sakura.

Sakura: Wait, can you do anything-

Yuki: No, no powers. Just communication with the other species like us. After a while we turn human.

And as he said that, they turn human, but it was all 3 naked, so both girls blushed out of embarrassment. Sakura rushed upstairs and grabbed the clothes each male wore. Then she gave them those clothes and and locked the doors.

Shigure: But also naked, I'm afraid. Hope this isn't too much.

Sakura: I-I-It's fine. This could explain why you're, you know, you, Yuki. But who's orange?

Shigure: That's Kyo. He's a martial artist.

Sakura: Cool! Nice to meet you! I'm Sakura Suzuki.

Kyo: UGH! You're the ones who let girls into this house! What are they doing here?!

Sakura: Whoa, pal! I know you just bust through the roof but why are you here?

Yuki: She is right. You don't live here, you don't interact with any of us, so why should you believe you have a say in this?

Kyo: SHUT UP!

He punches a table and it hits Tohru in the head. She starts to bleed, and Sakura was worried. Really worried.

Sakura: Tohru! Are you ok? Someone get a bandage!

Kyo was shocked as Sakura bandages up Tohru. After that, she then grabs Kyo by the collar and starts to scream at him.

Sakura: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! What the hell is your problem?!

Kyo: OK! OK! I'M SORRY!

Yuki: Dumb cat. Be lucky some words are all that came out of Sakura. And you'll be even luckier when I'll say, I accept your little challenge.

Kyo: All right, you girly boy!

Sakura: WAIT! Use words to solve this brotherly problem. Not violence!

Kyo: We're not brothers!

Yuki: Before this stupid cat says anything else, he's right. We aren't brothers. But don't worry. I never lose. It's ok.

Sakura: Alright. If you say so.

The two boy Somas start to fight. Kyo throws punches and jumps around the room while Yuki just dodges and hits him whenever convenient. Sakura analyzes the whole fight and sees what's right and what's wrong. Soon, Yuki hits Kyo's leg, and first gets up to his face. Then, he kicks him into the pool.

Sakura: Did that mean boy hurt you? He won't do it again.

Tohru: Don't worry, I'm fine. Thanks, Sakura.

Yuki: You and Miss Honda are very close.

Sakura: Duh. Our parents have been best friends our entire lives and so have we. She's like a little sister to me. But dang, you sent Kyo flying!

Tohru: Yeah. Is he ok?

Yuki: Don't worry. He'll be fine. And Sakura, just because you saw this, I'm no bad guy. Don't worry.

Sakura: Yeah. I wonder how the Prince Yuki Fan Club to school........OH MY GOD, SCHOOL!

Tohru: You're right! We need to head there! Sorry about this but-

Sakura: WE NEED TO GO NOW!

Shigure: Ok, ok, geez. However, we will need to report you witnessed us transform to the family head, Akito.

Sakura: Sounds great, thanks Shigure-san!

They rush off to their rooms to change clothes while Yuki talks to Kyo from a distance.

Yuki: Unless you want to be worse off, fix the place. And give an apology to Miss Honda.

As Yuki left to prepare, he thought about Sakura's loud voice and strength after he hitTohru, and he actually felt a bit of fear when she came down.

Kyo: (Thanks a lot, you damn rat.)

====================
==========

When they arrive, they were met by Arisa and Saki. Not to mention, Sakura's archenemies, the Prince Yuki Fan Club.

Arisa: Let me guess, Sakura needed to wash with an extra shampoo from France and that's why you're late.

Sakura: Nah. Overslept. And I accidentally broke my alarm clock in the process.

Tohru: Uh, same here! But no broken alarm clock.

Prince Yuki Fan 1: So you two are lazy. You should've stayed at home and gotten more beauty rest.

Sakura: And you should've stayed at home so I didn't have to see your faces around here.

Saki: Throwing words like that won't solve a problem. Action will.

Sakura: Oh yeah. Get 'em, Saki.

Saki: No. We'll get them.

The black haired wave girl and her rich friend chase off the groupies and once they leave, they go back to meet with Arisa and Tohru.

Arisa: What a bunch of airheads. Must be nice to be so dumb.

Sakura: Yeah. If ignorance is bliss, they're the happiest people on earth.

Arisa: Oh snap! Shots fired!

The girls laugh, except Saki, but Yuki notices the group of girls and gets worried about what will happen next.

He knew Sakura since the start of High School, and they were close locker neighbors. And since her mouth fires words as fast as bullets, he began to worry if something might happen to her or him.

====================
==========

Soon, home economics class started and the kids needed to be in groups of three. However, the group of girls noticed Sakura staring at Yuki for a while. So they decided to pair her up with him.

Arisa: Maybe we should get you with the prince.

Sakura: Uh, I'm not sure. Why me-

Saki: Also, you don't want the Prince Yuki fan club to get him, do you?

Sakura: Ok. Hey Yuki!

Yuki saw and went over to Sakura as she waved. Then, she noticed she still needed one more person for the group. Everyone was almost out, but soon, a friend of Sakura's was also needing a group friend.

???: Yo, Sakura-chan! Can I join you guys?

Sakura: Sure!

Arisa: Oh, who is she again? I feel like I'm getting dumber after dealing with that fan club.

Tohru: That's Asura Miyazawa. Sakura's friend. Fun fact, she's a year younger and super smart too.

Asura had red hair and red/brown eyes and was around Tohru's height, and she was a good friend of Sakura. Her intellect was extremely high. So high, she skipped a grade of junior high.

Asura: Now, what do we make here?

Yuki: A new pair of pants and a shirt.

Sakura: Already on it!

As she was working on the outfit, Yuki told Asura to get more material, which she likely agreed to. Then, he talked to Sakura in private.

Yuki: Did you tell them, Sakura?

Sakura: No.

Yuki: Look. There might be a chance that even if you don't tell, we'll have to erase your memories. It's just, when I was playing with a group of friends as a kid, a girl fell onto me. She saw me transform, and it freaked everyone out. As much as I want to defend you, Akito's word is absolute. No matter who says the opposing side.

Sakura: Wow. Thanks, Yuki. I appreciate it. Your concern. And, the reason why I was so angry at Kyo was because I can't stand people like him, hurting good people just because they can. I want to help and support the people I care about and the good people too. And Tohru, Uotani, Hanajima, and you, you're both. Even if Kyo is your brother, that doesn't give him the right to physically assault you every chance he gets.

Yuki starts to blush, but shrugs it off. He then remembers from Akito about how people will get sickened by him when seeing the rat. So, he decides to go in for the icebreaker.

Yuki: (Actually, there's more to it than just brotherly fighting even if we aren't brothers.) Are you.......sickened by me?

Sakura: Why would I be that? You're kind, you're helpful, and caring to everyone. Except your brother.

Yuki: Kyo is not my brother.

Sakura: Yeah, you guys are angry, I get it.

Yuki: That's not why I-

Once Sakura finishes the outfit and sewing the rest of the clothes, he was surprised at how good she was.

Yuki: Wow. You're amazing.

Sakura: I know, right? I am wanting to be a fashion designer. Now, we just need to wait for Miyazawa to get back with more material. And, if I do forget you, please befriend me again.

Yuki: Sure.

Miyazawa: Here you go.

While Sakura, Yuki, and Asura continue to help each other out, and Tohru, Arisa, and Saki lovingly cheer on Sakura while the Prince Yuki Fan Club plot.

Minagawa: Now we all know our public enemy No. 1. Sakura Suzuki. She thinks she can just steal Yuki from us because they're locker neighbors?! How arrogantly foolish. We shall have to remind her about our importance!

====================
==========

After school, Yuki and Tohru meet up in private and Sakura waits outside. She was suddenly approached by the Prince Yuki Squad again.

Sakura: Wow. I thought this day couldn't get any more annoying.

Minagawa: We know what you're trying to do, temptress! You shall not steal our beloved Prince Yuki from us!

Sakura: Please just leave me alone. I don't even want to steal your delusional form of Yuki Soma.

Minagawa: Oh, is he not good enough for you?

Sakura: (Oh my god! Are you defending him or harassing him? Pick a side!) Like how they can't decide which brain is right for your heads? Maybe I should call Hanajima. She'll fix you right up.

Minagawa: You're bluffing!

Sakura pulls out her phone and immediately calls Hanajima. But it was fake.

Sakura: Hanajima? Yeah, code blue. Room-

The Prince Yuki Fan Club run away before she could even say the phone number, and Sakura gets a laugh out of messing with the group. She didn't even turn her phone on. Then, Tohru and Yuki exit and she does the same as they go back to home.

====================
==========

When they arrive back at home, Kyo finished taping the hole in the wall as they entered.

Kyo: Call a pro to really fix it. It's just a patch job.

Sakura: Wow. Nice job. Thanks for fixing Tohru's room.

Tohru: Oh yeah. Thank you, Kyo.

Kyo: And, I also wanted to say.....about this morning......I can be what that rat said: an idiot who doesn't look around him. So, Sakura, as the damn rat calls you, I'm sorry for hurting your best friend.

Sakura: Yeah. I forgive you. And I'm sorry too. For yelling in your face. I just care about my friends so much.

Kyo: And Tohru, I'm s-

Shigure: We're home! Is that Kitty who lost a fight home too?

Sakura: You were saying-

Kyo: Yeah! I'm sorry!

He leaves and puts away the gear he used to fix the hole, and Tohru and Sakura follow him.

Shigure: Akito allowed you to stay with us and keep your memories. As long as you don't say a word about us,

Both: (Thank goodness! We can keep our memories!)

Yuki: Somehow, I feel like there's something wrong with this. You two might be scheming to mix up Miss Honda and my locker neighbor in some plot.

Shigure: Oh come now. Would I do that?

Tohru was oblivious while Yuki and Sakura looked at him with skepticism. Sakura lived in a big family. Both sides had a lot of conflict, so she knew the ins and outs of it. But she didn't care. All she wanted to do was wait until she had her room at the Family Mansion.

Sakura: Well, thank you for letting us stay here.

Tohru: And we're so glad we've gotten to meet you.

Shigure: Feeling's more than mutual.

Sakura: And, best part of all Yuki, we can see each other every single day!

Yuki: Yeah. It's great.

Sakura: And Kyo, I know we got off to a bad start, but I forgive you. No. We forgive you. And welcome to the family, my friend.

Kyo: Leave me out of this! I don't care-

Yuki then kicks Kyo into the pond again while having Sakura back up.

Yuki: Can't you be nice and quiet for one day?

Kyo: WHAT WAS THAT, RAT?!

Sakura: Splinter and Shredder.

Tohru: Well, we're now with the Soma family now. Until we can move into your grandparents or me into mine.

====================
==========

Toru and Sakura cleaned up the kitchen and were able to finish in record time. Sakura may have had servants, maids, and butlers help her, but she normally helped out when she could, especially when she lived in a tent. Currently, Yuki walked in as Sakura was calling her grandpa.

Sakura: Me and Toru are living with a close friend, Taro. For the time being.

Taro: Ok! Hope you're happy, granddaughter!

She hangs up and Yuki sees the room looking extremely spotless. Not a single piece of trash in sight. They even managed to pull out a rice cooker from it all.

Sakura: Also, where's Kyo?

Yuki: Yeah. Must have gone with Shigure.

Tohru: Also, where were you?

Yuki: In the yard with my secret base.

Tohru: A secret base?! Awesome!

Sakura: What is it like?!

Yuki: It's nothing special.

Sakura: Oh that's what they all say.

Yuki: I'd be happy to show you both.

Both: Yeah!

They begin to eat the food, and it was really good. Both Tohru and Sakura were glad Yuki enjoyed it. But suddenly, Kyo bursted through the door and angrily walked in circles.

Sakura: Want something to eat, man?

Kyo: HELL NO!

Sakura: Geez! All you need to do is say no!

He slams the door and Sakura sighs.

Sakura: Has he always been like this?

Shigure and Yuki: Yes.

Shigure: Also, I might have tricked him into taking a school transfer exam. And as of tomorrow, he'll walk in  the walls of your school.

Sakura: Awesome! Oh wait. You two are those types of brothers. Not awesome.

Suddenly, Yuki slams down his dish and glares at Shigure.

Yuki: We, are, not, brothers. And you. Put that down and get out.

Shigure: I knew you'd be mad. But this is good for him. He should be in his school in his area, but hasn't shown up in 4 months. All he's been doing is training.

Sakura: Why?

Tohru: Yeah, why?

Shigure: To beat Yuki. All he wants to do is beat Yuki in a fair fight.

Yuki: Thanks for the food, Sakura and Miss Honda.

They leave and wonder why Kyo hates Yuki so much. All they know is that they've been rivals since they were little kids. Sakura thinks they're brothers who are embarrassed to be related to each other. But Tohru feels sad that Kyo doesn't really like her that much, or Yuki.

====================
==========

Since Kyo was the new guy, every girl swarmed him and wanted to get to know him.

Yuki: Ok. And I kept telling you we're not brothers because we're actually cousins. So try and not say that during school.

Sakura: But you guys are brothers.

Yuki: We have different parents.

Sakura: Well then, half brothers.

Yuki: Different parents in the Soma family.

Sakura: Ok.

Saki: His waves are just like Yuki Soma's. How odd. It's like they aren't human.

Suddenly, as a girl grabs his wrist, he pivots behind her and pins her to the floor. Everyone starts reprimanding him, and Kyo jumps out the window. Tohru, Yuki, and Sakura follow but Yuki goes on up ahead. Soon Tohru and Sakura catch up and they hear something from Kyo.

Kyo: I'll defeat you and then become a full fledged member of the Soma clan. They'll never ostracize me anymore! You hear me?!

Sakura pushes the guys away but Kyo lands into Tohru's arms which causes him to turn into a cat.

Tohru: I'm sorry, but you shouldn't be fighting. You could get in trouble.

Sakura: Yeah. This isn't like wherever you used to go so-

Kyo: WIL YOU TWO SHUT UP? This isn't any of you guys's business! Stop causing us problems and get out of here! I don't any of you guys around me, you hear?! So just leave me alone!

Tohru walks off scared, and frightened. Sakura hated Kyo already. But this pushed the rich girl over the edge. Her caring face turned into a scowl of hatred as she then grabs Kyo by the neck and pulls the angry cat to her face.

Sakura: We've been trying to be kind to you. And I don't know what Yuki did to you that made you get so pissed off at him. But he's a good guy, and I'm pissed off at you. Me and Tohru have repeatedly shown you kindness and how do you repay that? Yelling in our faces and telling us to get lost. I want to scream in your face and beat you up, but I just can't do that to Yuki's brother, and it's not my business, right? So I'll say this. If this is who you are, I can't believe Tohru would care for a bitter, lonely, angry, fool.

She then places him down and as she grips her fist, a red and white bracelet slips to the edge of her wrist. Kyo attempts to reach out to one of them with his paw, but fails. Then, Sakura leaves as she calmly steps away and Yuki tries to walk with her, but stops and talks to Kyo.

Yuki: She's right, you know.

Kyo: You gonna kick me?

Yuki: This is where not getting kicked hurts more.

He leaves and the orange haired boy droops down in sadness while thinking, as much as he hated him, Yuki's right. This did hurt more than being kicked. No one wanted anything to do with him. Once Yuki left, he ran off too.

====================
==========

Sakura and Tohru walk back home, but Sakura was more tired since she was taking out all of her frustrations on the windows of the skyscraper.

Tohru: I can't believe it. I meet the cat and he hates us.

Sakura: Best to just let it go. You're great. He isn't. A girl like you doesn't deserve to be yelled at by a bully like Kyo.

Tohru: Thanks. But, why are you being so protective over me?

Sakura: Can't a friend look out for their friend?

Tohru: Aw, that's so sweet! But maybe you're being a bit harsh on Kyo.

Sakura: How?

Tohru: To be fair, it's the first day. He may not be used to us.

Sakura: But does that really excuse his behavior? He treats us like servants! Even back at the mansion, I treat the people taking care of me with respect!

Suddenly, the girls hear footsteps near them, and Sakura first grabs a pebble and throws it to the shadow.

Kyo: Ow.

Sakura: Oh. It's you. *sigh* First you yell at us, then you peep on us. Are you sure training isn't code for juvie?

Tohru: I'm sorry, my friend was practicing martial arts and comedy-

Kyo: Drop it. I......I know you guys don't mean to cause problems for us. And also, Sakura, I'm......I'm......I'm sorry for hitting your best friend. You had every right to lecture me. You're both not here to cause problems for us. You're both here to help us. And Tohru, I'm sorry for hitting you earlier and yelling at you earlier.

Both Sakura and Kyo were shocked at his personality doing a 180, but while Tohru instantly forgave him, Sakura was on edge.

Tohru: Come on Sakura! Say it!

Sakura: *sigh* Tohru is a kind girl, and one in a million. But I'm not like her. How can I get over everything you did to us and our hosts in one day?

Tohru: Sakura! He's trying to-

Kyo: She's right. I don't deserve your forgiveness. I have to earn it. And.....I heard from Yuki that you two are really close. That's why you scolded me, and I'm sorry about that. You don't have to forgive me right away, or ever.

Sakura: *sigh* I'm the one who should be apologizing. I was being overprotective of my friend. I just hated whenever such an Angel would be treated by this. I can't get over your first impression. But everyone deserves a second chance. So.....I'm sorry.

Kyo: I'm sorry too.

Sakura: Shake on it?

Kyo: Why not?

Both the tough kids shake their hands and Tohru cheers happily that her best friend and new friend made up.

Tohru: Yay! We're friends now!

Sakura: Not super close, but I guess so. Also, I gotta admit. That cat form is kind of cute.

Tohru: Yeah!

Kyo starts to blush, but then marches off.

Kyo: Nothing's good about the Year of the Cat, ok?! Now follow me! I don't want any actual peepers on us.

They walk with him and both girls begin to understand him a bit. Tough, but kind deep down. Except there's more toughness and the kindness is more buried than Sakura's.

====================
==========

Shigure: Kyo! You lecherous and jealous deviant!

Kyo: What makes you think you can call me that?!

Shigure: *chuckle* You know, Sakura and Tohru, he wanted to walk you both home from work so you'd get home safe and sound. And also apologize to you, Sakura.

Kyo: That was a one time thing! And I only did it so I could apologize to Sakura!

Sakura: How sweet. Thanks, Kyo.

Tohru: Yeah. It is sweet. Also, how's he meal we made? Up to your standards?

Sakura: Also, since we're gonna be living in the same house, I should say something.

Kyo listens in, but then his cousin looked over it all and Kyo started getting a bit aggressive.

Kyo: What do you want?

Yuki: Nothing.

Kyo: You were looking at me!

Yuki: You were in front of me.

Kyo: Nice excuse, rat!

Tohru: So you don't like the food?

Kyo: Of course not! *gulp*

He felt a chill going down his spine and it was Sakura. Somehow, he went back down into his seat and continued eating.

Kyo: Sorry. I was-

Sakura: Drop it. And for the secret, I'll tell you another day. Just ain't feeling it.

Kyo: The food's good, it's just-

Sakura: Not because you insulted the food. I just want to know if revealing my secret is a good decision.

Kyo: Oh. Ok.

The Somas and the two girls continued to eat while conversing around the dinner table. Soon, after that, they'd prepare to go to bed and Sakura was taking a shower.

====================
==========

When the shower was all done, she attempted to walk to her room, but Yuki was reading a book and literally ran into her.

Sakura: AH!

Yuki: Sakura!

Her towel nearly fell off and Yuki grabbed a bathrobe from the bathroom to cover her up before both died of embarrassment. She came out with her hair wet and a blushing face.

Yuki: Sakura! I'm so sorry, I-I thought you were-

Sakura: No, no, it's my fault. I should've grabbed the bathrobe first. And....oh no. Your book!

Yuki: It's fine.

Sakura: No! I can buy you a new one!

Yuki: You don't have to do that. It's just a book.

Sakura: Hey, what's the fun in having resources and money if you can't help your friends with it? Besides, I have to help them. That's why they like me so much! And not because they want to use me, no no no!

Yuki: Do you want to talk? Look, if this is about that flea bag, don't worry. He'll pout for a day and focus his anger on me again.

Sakura tries to find a way out, but Yuki was her closest friend and she really wanted someone to talk about her that she could confide in. Arisa and Saki were at home, and Tamaki was in America. So she decided to talk to him.

Sakura: No. It's not that. It's Tohru. But not here.

They enter the bedroom, and Shigure sees them entering. And with his mind being as dirty as a landslide, he thought he knew what was going on.

====================
==========

In Sakura's bedroom.

Yuki: So, what about Miss Honda?

Sakura: You know we're close friends, right?

Yuki: Yeah. Whenever I see you, you're always with Miss Honda.

Sakura: We've been friends like, since we were born. Or close to that range. Tohru was always kind, caring, and loving as well. Even when we lived a life of luxury temporarily when Kyoko wasn't around, she always put me first.

Yuki: What are you trying to say?

Sakura: She's not like any friend I had. Nearly every other friend I had but you, Saki, Arisa, and Tohru, all wanted to use me for my money. And they kept calling me selfish whenever I didn't meet their demands. If I could fight, or say snappy comebacks, they'd at least respect me. Anyway, I want to see Tohru spread her wings and fly, but what if she gets hurt? Or calls me selfish? I can't lose a once in a lifetime friend like her!

Yuki: What about Tamaki? He's cool. (And unlike my actual brother.)

Sakura: Tamaki doesn't need me. Tohru clearly does. Even if she says she doesn't.

Yuki places his hand on Sakura's shoulder, and looks into her pink eyes with his blue ones.

Yuki: Life isn't always perfect and you can get hurt from it. But that doesn't mean you can't get back up. Tohru can get back up by herself, and if she's the type of person you say she is, she will. And those friends you used to have who aren't Miss Honda's, they aren't your real friends. Real friends support and are there for you. They're not only happy when you're happy, they cry when you do as well. Thick and thin, they'll have your back. You have Miss Honda's back as much as she has yours.

Yuki opens his mouth, blushes, and then places his hand on her shoulder.

Yuki: And.....don't worry. You have me.

Sakura wipes her tears on the bathrobe and attempts to hug Yuki, but remembers the curse of the Zodiac Animals and backs off.

Sakura: I'd hug you, but I don't want to transform you.

Despite this warning, Yuki doesn't care. So he goes in a bit further.

Sakura: But you, you could-

Yuki: I'll take my chances.

They hug and feel each other's warmth. Soon, he releases, and he transforms.

Yuki: There it is. Anyway, I'll be headed to bed. Goodnight.

Sakura: Goodnight, Yuki.

====================
==========

Chapter 2: End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 81 4
This story is meant for a mature audience, if you are younger than the age of 16 please read something else. • Characters belong to Natsuki Takaya •...
29.8K 541 47
"Everyone calls me an Angel, but Angels have wings, and no matter how hard I try...I can't fly." Inside the Sohma Estate exists a whole other world o...
72.3K 2.2K 61
Hatori paused for a second finding his choice of words. "I understand you and Akito are still at odds..... don't reel Audrina into it again." He didn...
220K 5.4K 55
Natsu and Tohru Honda had recently lost their mother in a car accident. Fate has it's ways, as the Honda sisters stumble across the Sohma family and...