Bad Moon Rising. (Male Reader...

By Johnny_Blade289

I died. My god had other plans for me. Now I live on as his avatar, and I want only one thing: Vengeance! More

Prologue: Kill the moon.
Chapter 1: Kill the knight.
Chapter 2: Kill the Deal.
Chapter 3: Kill The Mob
Chapter 4: Kill The Executioner
Chapter 5: Kill the resurrected
Chapter 6: Kill the mercenary
Chapter 7: Kill this abandonment
Chapter 8: Kill The Silence
Chapter 9: Kill The Mimic
Chapter 10: Kill the Taskmaster.
Chapter 11: Kill the tournament.
Chapter 12: Kill this possession

Chapter 13: Kill The Spector

218 5 4
By Johnny_Blade289

The sound of a bag of money hitting the ground echoed throughout the throne room, commanding attention. Taskmaster stood before Honest and the young emperor, his voice laced with panic as he pleaded, "Get someone else to do it!"

Honest's gaze bore down on Taskmaster with a cold intensity. "You failed to kill him?" he questioned, his tone a mixture of disappointment and disdain.

"There is no amount of money you can pay me to fight him! He's a lunatic! He ain't right in the head," Taskmaster vehemently declared, gesturing towards his damaged shield. "And this isn't going to fix itself!"

"If you want your shield fixed, you'll have to kill him," responded Honest, his voice cold and unforgiving.

"Fuck you," Taskmaster snapped, his frustration boiling over. "I'm done with the imperial army, ya hear! I'm out!" With that final proclamation, he stormed out of the throne room, his footsteps echoing through the halls.

"It appears this Moon Knight is more than what we expected," remarked the Emperor, his brow furrowed in contemplation.

"Indeed," agreed Honest, his gaze fixed on the door through which Taskmaster had just departed. "I suppose it's time."

"Time for what, Prime Minister Honest?" inquired the emperor, curiosity evident in his tone.

"To reach out to a contact of mine," explained Honest, stroking his beard thoughtfully. "A former associate of Raoul Bushman. He's been hunting the Moon Knight for a while now. He'd be more than willing to take up this job."

"Very well. We'll get in touch with him," affirmed the emperor, his decision made.

=============--------------===============

I've been having this dream for as long as I can remember. It always starts the same way - I find myself standing in front of a mirror, its surface marred by a single crack running across it. At first, it seemed like just another dream, a figment of my subconscious mind playing tricks on me.

But as time went on, I began to notice a pattern. Every time I die, another crack forms on the mirror, and the damage becomes more pronounced. At first, I brushed it off as just a strange coincidence, a quirk of my dreaming mind. But now, I realised it's something much more sinister.

This isn't a dream. It's a countdown.

With each death, the cracks multiply, spreading like a web across the mirror's surface. And as the fractures deepen, I can feel it - the creeping sense of dread, the chilling realisation that once the mirror shatters completely, I'll be lost.

Lost to the animal that lurks within me, the primal instincts that threaten to consume my humanity. Stripped of all that makes me who I am, I'll become nothing more than a mindless beast, driven by instinct alone.

I can't let that happen. I won't let it happen.

With each death, the cracks multiply, spreading like a web across the mirror's surface. And as the fractures deepen, I can feel it - the creeping sense of dread, the chilling realisation that once the mirror shatters completely, I'll be lost.

As I slowly awakened from my slumber, I felt the warmth beside me and opened my eyes to find Esdeath sleeping peacefully next to me. Her serene expression belied the turmoil within me - anger, fear, and an overwhelming urge to rid myself of her presence.

The ringing in my ears intensified, drowning out all other thoughts as I struggled to resist the impulse to strangle her in her sleep. My fists clenched tightly as I fought against the killer instinct threatening to take over.

With great effort, I managed to slip out of bed without disturbing her, making my way to the window in search of solace. The cool morning air brushed against my skin, offering a brief respite from the storm raging within. I quickly got dressed and left the bedroom.

I pushed open the doors to the meeting room, finding Wave and Kurome already awake and waiting.

"Yo. Did you sleep well last n-" Wave started, but his words trailed off as he noticed my exhausted expression. "Nevermind. Looks like you didn't," he observed, his tone sympathetic.

I grumbled in response, too preoccupied with the events of last night to engage in small talk.

"Hey, did you hear that we're supposed to get a new addition to the Jaegers?" Wave continued, attempting to change the subject. I shook my head, my mind still reeling from the turmoil of the previous evening.

Lost in my thoughts, I found my gaze lingering on Kurome. There was something about her that felt familiar - her aura, her name...

"You can't have any!" she exclaimed suddenly, clutching her bag of treats protectively. Startled, I blinked in response and raised my hands in a gesture of surrender, realising I had been zoning out.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but has anyone ever told you that you look similar to Akame from the wanted posters?" I ventured, unable to shake the uncanny resemblance.

"I was thinking the exact same thing!" exclaimed Wave, his eyes widening in realization.

Kurome's expression darkened at the mention of her sister. "Yeah. She was the most accomplished member of our society, but as you know she betrayed the empire. I want to meet her so badly. And then..." Her smile turned sinister. "... My beloved elder sister will receive her death by my own hands."

Just as Kurome spoke those chilling words, the doors swung open to reveal a new arrival.

A man in his thirties stood before us, dressed in mercenary gear with a scar over his left eye. "Uh, hello? Is this where the Jaegers meet?" he asked, uncertainty evident in his voice. Wave and Kurome nodded in response, and he stepped forward, offering his hand to Wave.

"Marc Spector. I've been added to the group under the orders of Prime Minister Honest," he explained, his voice steady despite the situation.

"Why's that?" Wave inquired, curiosity piqued.

"Because he's going to help us with the Moon Knight."

The answer came not from Marc, but from Esdeath herself, who stood imposingly at the doorway.

"(F/N)! For the next few days, we'll be going hunting. We're heading to Mt. Fake," she announced, her voice carrying authority.

A hand settled on my shoulder, and I knew it was Khonshu's guidance. "This could be your chance to escape. You can always deal with her later," he whispered, his voice a reassuring presence in my mind.

Esdeath continued, outlining the plan for the hunt. "Wave, Kurome, and Marc will be coming with us as well. Mt. Fake is the perfect place for an ambush, so keep your eyes open for enemies while hunting."

"Until evening, we'll be hunting for Treeman cells. Kurome, Wave, and myself will search the east side, while (F/N) and Marc will search the west side," she instructed, her gaze flickering towards Kurome and Wave.

I tuned out their conversation, focusing instead on plotting my escape. The opportunity had presented itself, and I needed to seize it before it slipped away.

=============--------------===============

"So..." Marc started as we walked along a mountain cliff.

"So, what's your story? Why are you hunting the Moon Knight?" I asked him. Marc inhaled deeply before talking.

"Years ago, I lived in a distant village where my father served as a priest, a respected figure in our community. My brother, Randall, and I pursued a less honorable path as mercenaries, much to our father's dismay, to make ends meet, tragedy struck when my brother returned home severely injured, his forehead marked with a crescent moon symbol. He recounted being attacked by a mysterious figure dressed in white, whom we later discovered to be the Moon Knight. Marc explained, his voice heavy with emotion. "A few months later, my father fell ill, and shortly after, my brother passed away." Marc continued, his voice tinged with sorrow. "I worked with another mercenary, named Raoul Bushman, in order to earn more money for my father's medicine. Unfortunately, by the time I got enough money, he had died as well."

"Then, I found out a few weeks ago that Bushman was killed by Moon Knight," Marc revealed, his voice filled with a mix of grief and bitterness. "At this point, I've finally come to the conclusion that I was going to kill him the moment I saw him," Marc declared, his tone firm and resolute, carrying the weight of his determination for vengeance.

As I listened to Marc's tale of vengeance, a somber realisation dawned upon me. I had failed to fully consider how my actions might affect others. The collateral damage left in my wake, the lives disrupted by my single-minded pursuit of vengeance, weighed heavily on my conscience.

It was a sobering realisation, one that forced me to confront the ethical complexities of my quest. As much as I desired vengeance, I couldn't ignore the fact that my actions had consequences beyond my own desire.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Marc," I said, trying to sound sympathetic.

"No need. It's the Moon Knight who needs to apologize." Marc took notice of my staggering. "You okay?" he asked me.

"I took a beating a few weeks back. It had me crippled for a while," I replied, wincing as I held my shins. As I looked up at Marc, my eyes widened at what I saw.

"Behind you!" I exclaimed. Marc swiftly unsheathed a machete and whirled around to slash at the threat behind him. The blade found its mark in the eye of a tree beast, and in the blink of an eye, we found ourselves surrounded by more of these grotesque creatures. I watched as Marc readied himself with his machete, prepared for the impending onslaught.

"Stay behind me at all times. You're in no condition to fight!" He commanded.

"This could be your chance to get away!" said Khonshu. He was right. While Marc was occupied with the tree beasts, I could take advantage of this moment to slip away. "Jump off the cliff. I'll open a portal while you're falling. Once you go through, run as fast as you can." I nodded in agreement. I crept over to the cliff's edge and peered down to see a portal opening below.

"This is your path," Khonshu explained. Despite Marc's relentless assault on the beasts, Khonshu warned, "You are not welcome. The journey will be perilous. When you enter, don't stop running!" I nodded in understanding, then took a leap. Marc's voice echoed as he called out my name, "(F/N)!"

As I plummeted through the air, the biting wind lashed against my skin. I plunged through the portal and landed on solid ground. Before me stretched a corridor unlike any I had ever seen in my time as Khonshu's avatar. Khonshu stood at the other end, a portal beside him.

"Run, my priest! And don't look back!" he urged. I scrambled to my feet and sprinted forward as fast as I could. Behind me, I could hear the snarls of creatures drawing nearer, hot on my trail.

"What's behind me, Khonshu?" I shouted, my lungs burning from the exertion.

"The echoes of my past fists! They do not take kindly to being disturbed from their eternal slumber," he replied cryptically.

"Eternal slumber?" I questioned, the creatures' snarls growing louder with each passing moment.

"That is the fate that awaits you," Khonshu responded solemnly.

Summoning every last ounce of energy, I sprinted towards the portal, feeling the creatures closing in. With one final burst of effort, I leaped through the portal and landed on grass. I looked up from the ground and saw that I was in front of the Night Raid's hideout. I picked myself up from the ground and brushed myself off. As I walked towards the entrance, I saw Lubbock come out, and the moment his eyes landed on me, a smile spread across his face.

"Welcome back, (F/N)!" he exclaimed, spinning around to face the group. "Hey, everyone! (F/N)'s returned!" With his announcement, Mine and Leone emerged to join him.

"Welcome back, Moony," Leone said, draping her arm around my shoulders.

But I couldn't bring myself to meet the gazes of either Mine or Leone. No. What Esdeath had done to me was still vivid in my mind.

"How did you manage to escape?" Mine inquired, her arms folded across her chest.

"Khonshu aided my escape," I replied, shrugging off Leone's arm, much to her confusion. "Where are Akame and Tatsumi?" I asked, striding past them.

"They spotted you leaving the capital. We've been keeping watch for you," Lubbock answered. "You okay?" He asked.

"It's been a challenging few days. Let's wait for Akame and Tatsumi to return. There's much to discuss," I remarked before heading into the hideout and making my way to my room. Glancing around, my eyes settled on my outfit neatly laid out on the bed. The bodysuit and mask were new, and the armour had been repaired. A smile crept onto my face as I made a mental note to express my gratitude to the person responsible.

Approaching the statue of Khonshu, I settled into a cross-legged position in front of it and began to pray, giving myself a moment's peace while preparing myself for the meeting we were going to have later on.

=============--------------===============

"I tasked you with keeping an eye on him and you failed." Said Esdeath, as she looked down at the suffering Marc, whose arms were tired behind a wooden pole while cinder blocks were being placed on his knees. "Wave, wax"

Wave gulped, before pouring hit wax from a candle down Marc's back. Marc gritted his teeth All the while. Seryu, Stylish and Run watched. "I gave you one simple mission. On your first day here no less. Prime Minster Honest spoke highly of you, but you have already let me down!" Her voice was growing colder and colder by the second.

"Honest told me to keep your torture short, so I'll end here." She knelt down in front of him. "But the next time you fail me, I will personally torture you myself."

Marc could feel the ropes being undo. Wave lifted the stone blocks being lifted off of him one by one. After the last one was blocked up, he staggered to his feet. "Now, get out of my sight."

Marc, head down, got up and left the room.

"Oh, Marc~"

Marc turned to see Doctor Stylish, with a devious smirk on his face."

"What do you want Stylish? You going to mock me?"

"I was actually going to give you an opportunity. What if I told you that I have found where the Moon Knight resides, along with the night raid."

Marc's ears perked.

"Go on..."

Stylish held up a finger. "First, let's get you fixed up."

=============--------------===============

"So, let me clarify: The Jaegers are a group comprised of Teigu users?" Tatsumi inquired.

"Yes," I affirmed, nodding. "They're not to be underestimated. I've witnessed first-hand their abilities, the strength they possess."

"That's quite scary," Leone commented.

"And with Kurome among them as well..." Akame trailed off.

"Why didn't both of you escape the Empire together?" Tatsumi asked.

"When I grew disillusioned, naturally, I tried to persuade her, but my sister chose to remain. If you were to ask her, I'm sure she'd see me as a traitor," she replied with a smile. "(F/N), was Kurome constantly eating something?"

"Yes, actually. Some kind of sweets" I replied. Akame fell silent. From what I could see, she was wrestling with her thoughts.

"Akame!" Mine spoke up. "I told you this before. If your little sister appears before us, we have to hit her with everything we have.

"We should be prepared if we're going up against her." Akame nonchalantly said.

"Hmm, I'd like to gather more information on their Teigu. Seryu's strength has been enhanced by weapons implanted in her body, right? Rubicante is renowned but challenging to counter. Information on the winged Teigu, Mastema, is already in the notebook, but its special ability is unknown," Lubbock said, consulting the Teigu guide, scratching his chin. "Hey, what type of Teigu does Kurome use?" he asked.

"Yatsuhusa. The March of the Dead," Akame spoke up. "Those cut down by it become Kurome's living corpse dolls. This Teigu can curse up to eight people. She can freely manipulate the dolls and the abilities they possessed in life. She can revoke her ability, returning them to ordinary corpses."

"So they simply become her puppets on a string?" I said, feeling disgusted by the very thought. "That's sick."

"Isn't that what's going on with you and your god?" Lubbock asked me.

There was a moment of silence in the room as I locked eyes with him, my expression void of emotion.

"Uh oh..."

It happened so quickly. I lunged at Lubbock, pinning him against the wall, my face mere inches from his. Fear was evident in his eyes, as cold fury was in mine.

"Let me get a few things straight: I am not some mindless corpse resurrected to be someone else's plaything!" I snarled at him, as the others tried to pull me off of him. "Khonshu gave me the choice to come back and to enact his will as his avatar. I gladly accepted! What Yatsuhusa is is a crime against nature itself! Don't you dare ever compare myself or Khonshu to such a thing! What he is, is something beyond your comprehension."

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean it." He frantically said in a manner both apologetic and frightened. I let him go and allowed the others to pull me back.

"What's wrong with you, (F/N)? Ever since you came back, you've been acting strange. Hell, you won't even make eye contact with any of the girls or myself," Leone expressed her concern.

"I-" I started, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything. "I can't say. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lashed out like that."

"But what happened to you while you were at the palace? Did Esdeath do something?" Mine asked. I could only nod my head.

"Hey," Leone crouched down in front of me and placed her hands reassuringly on my shoulders. "You don't have to talk about it now. If you need anyone to talk to, we'll be here for you," she said with compassion.

"What's she like in person, anyway?" Mine asked me.

"Evil. That's the only way I can describe her," I replied, my hand clenched tightly into a fist, nails digging into the palm of my hand.

"As powerful as she may be, she has a weakness," Akame interjected.

"And what is that?" Tatsumi inquired.

"She's alive, and she has a beating heart," Akame stated, rising from her seat and holding the sheathed Murasame. "I will kill her. Even if she is the fabled strongest of the empire," she declared.

Everyone in the room smiled at her. I couldn't blame them. Her determination was something to be admired.

"Returning to the main point, we must make sure we're fully prepared for our fight with them. The Jaegers appear to be evenly matched with us on an individual basis. Attempting to engage them in our current state would likely result in a loss," I articulated with conviction.

A hush descended upon the room as my words resonated, underscoring the seriousness of our situation.

Authors note: Let me know what you think in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 2.9K 36
You died and you lived Being picked by the system Will you be OP or will you not Read to find out This is a crossover but will mainly be set in the...
51.9K 1.2K 37
This story belong to milk-is-my-drug fanfic writter After his final battle against Saitama, Garou got thrown in the world of Akame Ga kill where no h...
58K 689 10
"Take your best shot. I will offer no resistance. Then it will be my turn."
6.2K 118 21
[The Anime Timeline] In the middle of the disagreements between the Empire and Night Raid, there was one solo being who was not aware of the corrupti...