Love Live! Sparkling Future!!

By WeavryBruiser2003

The fine line between "Pushing yourself to the limit so you can become stronger!" and "Pushing yourself to th... More

Chapter 2 ~ Unconventional Vacation Proposal
Chapter 3 ~ The Beginning of Adventure
Chapter 4 ~ Into the Unknown Depths
Chapter 5 ~ Uncharted Beginnings
Chapter 6 ~ Sunset Serenity
Chapter 7 ~ A Day of Preparations
Chapter 8 ~ Project, Planning, and Partnerships
Chapter 9 ~ Parallel Peace
Chapter 10 ~ Break from Physics
Chapter 11 ~ The Unexpected Star

Chapter 1 ~ The Weight of Achievement

113 4 2
By WeavryBruiser2003

"And so, with how often Hatsume blows up the Studio or any workshops with her... 'babies' within this school, it won't be too much of a stretch to conclude that we need a new workshop only she could use." Higari voiced his concern to the principal, who was sitting before the other staff.

It was early Saturday morning when the staff of U.A. High School had their monthly meeting. The topics that are generally discussed are the development of the academy, the students' growth, future event(s), and other concerning subjects that involve anything regarding the school and its children. Other school affairs, such as the budget, curriculum planning, and the like, were all decided during the meeting as well.

But sometimes, the meeting is held with them not as teachers but as heroes. Usually, this implicates the League of Villains' current whereabouts and their possible move, an underground syndicate that terrorizes from the shadows, or any other crime-related matters. In this kind of meeting, the air turns from casual to serious, almost suffocating if one doesn't belong to heroics.

Fortunately, today's meeting fell into the first category, much to the relief of most of them. Which means the atmosphere remains light while still holding that professional air. Although there were a few grimaces upon Power Loader's predicament with his Support Course department, specifically his own Problem Child.

"I like the kid, really. But, dear God, she will give me 20 years of premature white hair if she continues to set the studio on fire every goddamn time she tries to build something." The Excavation Hero grumbled.

This earns him a few snickers from some of the staff and sympathetic yet amused looks from the rest. The principal hums while tapping his desk with his paw. He then nods with his paws folded on the desk, smiling at the poor Pro Hero.

"All right, before we could discuss the issue, I wanted to voice my sympathy for you, Power Loader. Hatsume-san is a bright student; that, I could not deny, but I could see that she is also lacking in some kind of restraint involving all manner of invention." The mammal opined and received nods of agreement from his subordinates.

"That's one waah to put it mildlah." Snipe commented with his arms crossed on his chest, his mask hiding the amusement dancing on his lips.

"So, in response to your commission, currently, U.A. has no compatible room for Hatsume-san where she could construct her... 'babies' freely without the worry of destroying our Development Studio or disturbing the other support students. Making one would require a significant investment of both funds and time, not to mention the availability of a suitable space. But I am confident we could solve the matter one way or another when the right time comes." Nezu voiced out his evaluation with a smile on his face.

"I'm in no rush here or anything, Nezu. But the sooner, the better." Higari slumped on his seat and sighed, "I swear, I will lose my mind if Hatsume continues to blow up my studio."

"Hang in there, partn'r." Snipe gives him consoling taps on his shoulder.

"I will do my best, Power Loader." Nezu nodded in affirmation before shifting his gaze to the other staff, "Now, before we can conclude our meeting for this morning, does anyone have something else they wish to discuss? Perhaps conveying some concerns or voicing out some suggestions?"

No one raised their hand or voiced their thoughts. While most are content with today's morning meeting and starting their usual school day, some of them are too sleepy and just want to have at least one and a half hours of sleep before they can begin teaching the first class of the day. So, with that said, they're relieved that the meeting is over much sooner than expected and are impatiently wanting to have at least an hour of shut-eye before-

"Actually, Nezu. I do have something that I'm very concerned about." Shota spoke from the floor in his yellow sleeping bag.

That same group of people had no shame in letting out a collective tired groan of annoyance while simultaneously sending a glare at the man, who was rising out of his sleeping back and properly sitting at his desk, while the others cast a curious look at the Underground Hero, who is honestly the very last person among them who wants to prolong the meeting.

"If this is about asking yet again for a budget cut and/or raise, then I must decline." Nezu rather happily replied.

This earned yet another groan from the staff, along with some whines and complaints.

"No." Shota sighed in irritation, "No, not that. It's about my Problem Child."

"Which one?" Sekijiro snickered.

"Who else?" The hobo teacher grumbled, "My one and only Problem Child."

"Is he starting to break his legs now!?" Chiyo fumed, "I thought we were past this bone-breaking nonsense!"

"No. No, he didn't break anything. And God helps us; it will stay that way until graduation." Shota denied quickly before sighing once again.

"Then what is it?" Anan tilted her head.

Shota drums his fingers on the desk while collecting his thoughts; his face is contorted with both enervation and annoyance, while also a little bit of concern. After a moment, he faces his fellow educators with a mixed look on his face.

"To sum it all up, the kid has been going miles in both academics and heroics, but mostly academics." The Erasure Hero sighed again.

"What do you mean?" Toshinori frowned as he felt an unsettling weight on his stomach.

"Basically, he has been doing work ahead of class, leaving others in the dust." Shota voiced his Problem Child's recent antics with a visible sign of exasperation on his visage.

Ryo scratches his muzzled nose, "Well, perhaps other than stressing himself out from overworking with overload tasks and various heroic exercises, I don't see this as a very concerning matter."

"Agree." Nemuri nodded with a smile, "And besides, isn't it a good thing that Midoriya-kun is willing to push himself like that? As a matter of fact, I find it kinda admirable. It means he is dedicated and driven, and that should be applauded. Not reprimanded or condemned."

Instead of verbally answering her, the Erasure Hero, with the most blank visage all of them have ever seen and a clear hint of tiredness on them, pulls a thick stack of papers from his yellow sleeping bag and slams it onto the desk, causing it to shake slightly and startling everyone in the room.

"What the hell...?" Higari muttered while adjusting his helmet.

"Does completing my entire plan for the first year's work, including winter break, golden break, and summer vacation assignments, as well as the second midterm and the year-end exam, count as a good thing?" He asked with no trace of amusement, "Does this deserve some praise? A pat to the back for being such a wonderful, problematic student?"

Nemuri, just like the rest of them, is staring at the stack of papers with wide eyes of disbelief. Hizashi has to pull his shade to make sure that he's seeing it right. The R-Rated Hero could not utter anything. She was left utterly speechless, like the rest, on just how the green-haired cinnamon roll of 1-A could even complete all those in the first place!

And it is a good thing that she doesn't have anything to say, because Shota doesn't need to cut her off by slamming another tower of papers, which is quite a bit taller than the first one.

"Or perhaps the same thing with the second year, this time with the first midterm and the final semester exam?" He pressed, completely unfazed by the widening of everyone's eyes, before slamming another one, "Or maybe with the third year also? As a matter of fact, is graduating without, you know, actually graduating actually a good thing?"

Well, if the teachers went pale before, they are turning white as snow now. Toshinori was furiously coughing blood in his hand; Ectoplasm's lower jaw was loosely hanging, leaving his mouth wide open; and Ken's eyes shot wide open, creating cracks around them. And if one looks at Anan closely, one could notice her hazel eyes almost popping out. Also, it seems Chiyo's old age somehow quickens as she clutches her chest, looking like she just received the worst heart attack in her life. Even Nezu looks as stunned as they are, though he still appears less dumbfounded than the rest of them. And Higari could swear his own brain just had an internal system error.

"I... I-I..." Nemuri tries, and fails, to conjure something coherent for her to utter.

"Thought so." Shota huffs in a tired breath.

"But... how!?" Lunch Rush exclaimed incredulously, sounding like someone has put a fucking strawberry on a perfectly made pepperoni pizza.

"He admitted that, somehow and someway, all of these assignments and exams were already presented in his room when he woke up one morning in the form of digital folders in a flash drive on his desk, like someone delivered them to him." Shota answered, pinching the bridge of his nose in a futile attempt to alleviate the upcoming headache, "Of course, I called it nonsense, but he was adamant about it. Seeing no other choice, I called Tsukauchi and asked him to ask my question to the kid over the phone... You know what the result is."

"Bloodah hel..." Snipe mumbled in pure disbelief, his cowboy hat tilting slightly forward, "Whah would-?"

Before he could finish his sentence, Shota pulled out another stack of papers, but this time it was only a quarter the size of the last two. That doesn't mean it mitigates the effect in any capacity, unfortunately.

"And now he's trying to do some personal work—a novel or something." He grumbled as he traced his thumb along the side of the stack, as if counting them, "The title is 'Journey Through the Stars: The First Odyssey', which is planned to have 45 chapters, he told me. Currently, he has written 10 chapters of 20 pages each, give or take. Oh, and he's planning to have it published. And for the record, I already have permission to print his current work just for this."

"By the God..." Lunch Rush murmured while placing his hand on his chest in amazement, bafflement, and slight fear as his chef hat nearly fell from his head.

"Why?" Anan asked the question that had lingered in everyone's mind with a disbelieving tone and a concerned face, "I don't prohibit him or any student from making immense progress that puts them ahead of the others, but... this is too much for someone his age."

"No kidding!" Hizashi exclaimed in exasperation as his yellow cockatoo-styled hair has become disheveled, making it look like he has just been tossed and rolled around in a dryer for two rounds, "Little listener's not just going the extra mile; lad's willing to marathon starting from Musutafu, to Osaka Castle, then to Hiroshima Peace Memorial, and finally back to U.A. while carrying a fucking grand piano while singing a song about how beautiful life is if you work hard on top of everything!"

"Not the comparison I would use since it is a bit exaggerated, but Mic's point still stands." Sekijiro stated rather dryly as he stared at Shota with a firm expression and a tiny hint of worry, "What was your kid thinking? I don't care if it sounds impressive; completing all of that work in less than a year is just ridiculous and unhealthy."

"I have... grrr... to agree! It is very bad for his over-... grrrrr... overall health if he's stressing himself like this!" Ryo growled, not out of anger but out of concern, "Forrrrrr what reason would he do this!?"

Shota looks at all of their anxious faces with an expression that could possibly be described as that of someone who is absolutely done with life. His red eyes seem to reflect his frustration and helplessness, giving the impression that he is just seconds away from slamming his head against the desk and letting himself get buried under the mountain of papers.

"To fill some time." He replied flatly, as if he were telling them that grass is green and water is wet.

The effects were spontaneous: Toshinori's now spurting his blood like a fountain; Snipe, Lunch Rush, and Hizashi are falling back from their chairs; Ryo is howling at the ceiling; and the rest are having the same expression of wide-eyed, mouth-open shock and stupefaction.

Snipe is the first out of the three to recover, shakingly sitting back on his chair while putting his hat back on.

"Sweet young Sandah and h'r little doggie! That boi is madd'r than a badg'r tryin' to wrestle a rattlesnake on a hot, sunny, mid-summ'r day!" The cowboy hero exclaimed incredulously.

"How perfect! First he broke his fingers, then his arms, and now he's trying to turn his brain into mush!" Chiyo snapped in frustration while raising her cane as well as clutching her chest, "Seriously, that kid is getting crazier and crazier by the months!"

"Does he have a hobby or something?" Anan frowned in worry; her Black Hole Quirk is slowly activating on its own as the event regarding their resident green bean just became increasingly worrying to her.

"He-*cough* *cough* He does." Toshinori coughed some more blood before wiping it on his mouth with his handkerchief and continuing with a strained voice, "Other than analyzing Quirks and heroes, Young Midoriya loves to draw."

"Then why wouldn't he do just that?" She asked again while trying to control her Quirk as not to accidentally suck out the table in front of her.

"Whatever the reason, it does not matter." Shota answered in a matter-of-fact tone before facing Nezu, who was looking at the stacks with a contemplative look, "The kid needs a break—away from all of this school and heroic stuff. Other than these, he also tends to push himself too hard, even when he's already reached his limit. U.A. pushes its students to do their best and go beyond, but it means nothing if they are breaking themselves by going all out until they're completely drained. He may not show it now, but I won't take any chances."

The chimera sighs before looking at the man with a solemn look, "I have to agree with you here, Eraser Head. As astonishing as this feat could be, it is not a worthy achievement if Midoriya-kun's well-being is the price. This covered his academics, but what about his practical exercises? Are there any changes with him? Has he shown any sign of fatigue or any other trouble in heroics class?"

"He's doing well without any setbacks and is making progress. Though I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing." The Erasure Hero slumped on his seat with a long, drawn-out sigh while pinching his nose again, "Midoriya has been making progress at a ridiculously fast rate in heroics class—too fast even. At the pace he is going, he will kill himself trying to improve himself before he can even actually graduate and enter the field as a Pro Hero."

"Agree." Ectoplasm nodded with a visible hint of concern in his normally stoic face, "He has shown great potential in heroics class with how well he is handling himself in both battle simulations and regular classes, in addition to his quick thinking and unorthodox ways of approaching problems and obstacles. But... at the rate he is going, according to you, he will surely break himself before he can step on the stage as a hero."

"...Wait. Are you... Are you actually saying that the boy has not suffered any kind of exhaustion or burnout after everything?" Sekijiro looked at him like he had gone nuts.

Shota just shakes his head slowly with his lips pursed, and his eyebags are somehow getting darker by the second.

"Wow... Just, wow..." Nemuri looks like she's torn between being impressed and downright terrified.

Hizashi let out a long, low whistle while running his hand through his disheveled blond hair, "Damn. Whatever that little listener has been drinking, I want some of that good stuff."

Shota ignores his best friend's comment; his focus is still on the chimera, "So, after all of these... these... these antics, I propose we send him on a break. We can say that he has done so well in his studies and heroic classes that he is allowed to rest before the year-end exam, in addition to avoiding stressing himself out because of the results."

"Hmmm..." The white mammal hums while folding his paws on the desk while his face is scrunched up in thought.

The rest of the staff are waiting for their boss's decision in anticipation while simultaneously looking at the stacks of papers in silence. All of them share the same look of both astonishment and worry for the boy, knowing full well how dangerous it is for someone to push themselves like that. Astonishment because, well, 179 pages of work within three years in one go is an amazing feat if they disregard the kid's well-being. But worry because a small part of them wonders how Midoriya even survived this far with the constant strain on his mental and physical health.

"Well...?" Chiyo questioned the chimera while holding her cane tightly in anticipation.

"Hmmm... I'll have to agree with you here, Eraser Head. In response to your commission, Midoriya-kun has already tested the limit in both academic and heroic classes. It will not be wise if we send him back to classes like this; otherwise, there would be an astronomical chance of him suffering from severe exhaustion." He voiced his opinion with a nod, "Therefore, it is for the best that Midoriya-kun is given an extended leave away from heroics and school-related subjects in order for him to recover from both physical and mental fatigue, no matter how hard he may protest about it."

No one objects to the principal's opinion—as a matter of fact, all of them agree with it. The concern about the revelations of Izuku Midoriya's recent activities has successfully taken over their minds to the point that none of them could think about anything else regarding the green-haired cinnamon roll, so much so that one would think they are considering the apocalypse in their own way.

"Great." Shota lets out another sigh, but this time he sounds relieved, "Then that settles-"

"But... I believe we still may have a tiny, itty-bitty problem here." Nemuri cut him off with a pondering look.

The Erasure Hero lets out a groan while looking at her with a questioning glare, "What kind of problem?"

The R-Rated Hero tugs on one of her long locks nervously while answering, "Well, it is already decided that Midoriya-kun will be given an extended leave. But... where will we send him, exactly?"

All of them blink their eyes before looking at each other, before looking back at Nemuri, then looking back at each other again with a puzzled expression.

"I'm not following." Higari put a finger on his chin as he stared at her.

"I-I think I know what she meant." Anan piped in, looking at them with a nervous look as the others were now focusing their attention on her.

"What do you mean?" Lunch Rush tilted his head.

"Well, do all of you think that... it is kind of pointless whether or not Midoriya-kun would take a very long day off from heroics?" The Space Heroine asked rhetorically.

"Elaborate, please." Somehow, Shota doesn't like what she would say.

Anan bits his inner cheeks as she rubs her right wrist in an anxious manner before voicing out her thoughts, "Well, Midoriya-kun has already obtained his Provisional Hero License, right? That means it's legal for him to engage in heroic activity with legal recognition. So... if a villainous attack occurs on his designated vacation site, he will almost certainly become involved one way or another. But the main point is to make sure that he doesn't get involved in anything hero-related, right? He may leave U.A. to take that break, but if he drags himself into heroic matters, that's... not going to make any difference."

The room fell into silence after the Space Hero's statement, with all of them staring at her with a look of realization. Eventually, it was broken by a collective groan from the staff, their relieved look replaced by annoyed ones. Shota, in particular, is clutching his head in frustration that a seemingly relatively simple task has suddenly become infinitely more complicated due to an oversight on his part. Toshinori taps his pen on his desk in a steady rhythm as he tries to collect his thoughts to help his young protégé in his predicament.

Indeed, what Anan and Nemuri said was right—at least, partly. For Izuku to have an extended leave of absence away from heroics and school would not mean anything if a villainous attack were to happen and the green-haired boy became involved one way or another. He will instantly shift into his 'hero mode' and decide to plunge into the fray to help others, which defeats the purpose of sending him to a vacation in the first place.

"Darn." Snipe muttered while fixing his hat.

"Well, this is just perfect." Ken mumbled lowly as his forehead met the surface of his desk.

"Can we just tell him to NOT get involved?" Sekijiro proposed with an annoyed tone.

"Believe me, Kan, when I say that my life as a teacher would be much, much, much, much easier if he would actually listen." Shota rubbed his eyes with his fingers in maceration and aggravation.

"So... what should we do then?" Toshinori inquired, concerned by this shift in development.

The weight of silence filled the room once more as everyone tried to think of something to come up with the best solution. All of them are desperate for ideas—both 'good' and 'bad'—as long as they can find a way to get their student away from the school while still keeping him away from heroic activities and maintaining his health. But much to their annoyance and exasperation, none of them can come up with any plan whatsoever.

Hizashi grins while raising his finger, but his smile then slowly drops, and he lowers his finger back after reflecting deeply on his "amazing" plan. Maybe bringing him to his studio, while it will be fun to have the little listener tag along with him and shoot questions like a machine gun, would not be too bright of an idea in this situation. After all, this is supposed to be a vacation for him to rest, not push himself harder just for the sake of satisfying his curiosity.

After what feels like an eternity of silence, a solution suddenly rushes into Nezu's terrifying mind like a bullet train.

"Hmmm..." The mammal hums as a contemplative look is reflected in his black, beady eyes.

"Hm?" Toshinori blinks before directing his full attention at him.

"Perhaps..." Nezu begins slowly, "I do know the perfect place where we could send Midoriya-kun."

All of them turn their heads at him simultaneously; their eyes are widening upon hearing it.

"Where?" Higari questioned immediately, not wasting any time waiting for his boss to answer.

However, there is also a troubled look in his beady eyes, as if he is actually hesitant to bring this certain place up. The white mammal was in silence for a few seconds, scrutinizing each staff with a thoughtful gaze as he slowly fiddled with his paws. After a moment, he stops fiddling and folds them on the desk with a solemn look on his face.

"All Might, contact Mr. David Shield." He commanded with an unusually firm tone.

"What?" Said former Number 1 Hero blinked in confusion as the sudden shift in Nezu's demeanor threw him off-guard, "Why?"

"Tell them that I-Island will have our visitation." Nezu continued, his tone still carrying that rare firmness and seriousness that is rarely shown in the white mammal.

Everyone was stunned by Nezu's answer, their eyes widening slightly due to the unexpected answer. Shota blinks twice while staring at the chimera with a strange look in his normally tired and dead eyes.

"...Are you serious?" He asked carefully.

"Most definitely." The chimera nodded in affirmation.

"But... why?" Sekijiro frowned in puzzlement, "Why do we need to travel to I-Island just to give Midoriya a vacation? We could just send him to a nearby beach or-"

The remaining words were dead on his tongue when realization suddenly hit him like a dump truck. The Blood Hero glances at Nezu, who has an enigmatic look on his face, before shifting his gaze to the rest of the staff, who are seemingly getting what Nezu's real intentions are. And none of them are too thrilled by the notion that the chimera has in mind.

"No." Hizashi was the first one to protest with a firm look on his face, "Nezu, no."

"It will not be very necessary." Nemuri voiced her objection next, "A beach would be perfect for Midoriya-kun to relax for a bit."

"Come on! There must be something else!" Ken joins in with a grumble, "Just not... that!"

"A beach is an open invitation for Midoriya-kun to get involved in any heroic or villainous incident that may occur—no different than what would happen here. It is a public place, and like any other public place, heroes and villains are also likely to show up there." Nezu reasoned with a rather stern voice, "And I-Island itself is not free of danger either. But villain attacks aside, the island is also a hub for scientists and engineers, which would entice Midoriya-kun greatly. He may not be a full-science person like Melissa Shield, but he still shares the same passion for studying and inventing. And our current goal is to make sure that Midoriya-kun is free from any influence or distraction. And I-Island, with its countless discoveries, will surely catch his eye and imagination, thus leading him to yet another, albeit different form, of overworking."

"Okay, that's a fair point. But, come one, Nezu!" Higari groaned, "Surely there's another solution than that... that stupid, laughable, and insane project! We can send Midoriya to a safer place!"

"Like where, pray tell?" Nezu challenged him, "With All Might's retirement, villain activities have spiked considerably within Japan, and they have become more aggressive and audacious. Every place he will go is already turning into a potential battlefield. Any isolated places probably already have a stench of villain activities; thus, it is not safe to send him there. And if any of you suggest overseas, then you imply that Japan is the only country with villains."

The room is silent again, but this time, instead of trying to come up with ideas or plans, most of them are averting their gazes from the mammal as they are starting to see that logic in his reasoning. Shota wants to refute him and suggests something else that's not that, but he knows that the chimera is right in a sense; every place around the world—even though the degree may be either similar, too high, or too low—is susceptible to villain attack, be it minor or major. And considering his Problem Child's luck, any place that he has chosen, no matter how outlandish or ordinary it is, will still have a high chance of being targeted by villains in some way or another. And that is a big no-no for them.

Sighing tiredly, Shota relents as he looks at the mammal with an annoyed look in his red eyes, "You know that I'm not agreeing with this idea."

"I know." Nezu nodded in understanding, "And I assure you that I'm not agreeing with it either. But with everything considered, there's not many places we can send Midoriya-kun."

"Seriously?" Anan grimaced with an unbelieving look as she gave Nezu a pleading look, "Can't we just use another way to convince Midoriya-kun to rest? I am sure his mother will happily comply with us and talk some sense into him."

"Mrs. Midoriya is... also having... a great difficulty... in convincing Young Midoriya to take a break." Toshinori spoke reluctantly, "As long as there's danger, Young Midoriya won't hesitate to step up. She, in her own words, does not have the heart to hold him back, despite her concerns."

"Stubborn as a rock, even to his mother." Chiyo huffed while folding her arms across her chest in disappointment, "Gods help me; that boy will be the death of me one day."

"So that's it, then." Nezu declared as he rests his chin on his folded paws, "With Mrs. Midoriya unable to talk some senses into Midoriya-kun and the place around Japan—or any places around the world, for that matter—is not ideal for him to rest, there's only one choice left."

"Fuck." Higari cursed in frustration as he slammed his fist on his desk in annoyance.

"But the project? Really, Nezu?" Nemuri looks at him with a grimace on her face.

"The last time they informed us, it was still in an early phase." Ectoplasm spoke with a hint of discomfort in his stoic voice.

"Usin' it now iz basically uh suicidal attempt." Snipe grumbled.

"Still, it is our best option for not only sending Midoriya-kun away from heroics but also preventing him from getting involved in any kind of danger." Nezu continued to argue with a solemn look in his face, "I do not like this any more than all of you do. But it's either this or having Midoriya-kun risk his health again. I'm sure none of us want that."

"...He's right." Lunch Rush mumbled.

Another silence fills the room, with the staff sporting similar looks of discomfort on their visage. They are not against Nezu's idea as much as they're not in favor of it. And the chimera himself is not in favor of this ridiculous plan as well. But it is either this or seeing Midoriya overwork himself to the point of breaking. And they don't like that one bit.

"Dang it." Ken groans as he massages his temple.

"Fine." Ryo growls reluctantly, with a mix of hesitance in his voice, "Let's do this."

Nezu nods with a low hum before averting his gaze at the retired Symbol of Peace, who sports a conflicted expression on his face as he fiddles with his fingers on his lap. Toshinori has known about the I-Island's project since its inception some time after his retirement, and just like with his fellow staff members, he doesn't like it one bit. However, there are times when one needs to make a sacrifice for the greater good. And this is one of them.

"And what is your voice in this matter, All Might?" He asked the blonde man carefully.

Toshinori took a deep breath before closing his eyes and exhaling through his nose, "I will be lying if I say that this decision is the right thing to do. But... if this is for Young Midoriya's sake... then I'm in."

"I see." Nezu nods in understanding before averting his gaze at the rest of the staff, "Do anyone else wish to voice their opinion? If no, then our meeting is adjourned."

Once again, the room is silent for a few moments. One by one, the staff gives him their answer in the form of a resigned nod or sigh of affirmation, much to their dismay. After everything, there is nothing more they could do at this point except accept this final verdict and hope that things will go according to their plan. And when every voice is counted, Nezu nods in understanding; his usual, friendly smile is not present on his muzzle as he announces the end of the meeting with a hint of reluctance.

"Then the only thing left to do is to contact Mrs. Midoriya regarding this matter and inform her about this decision." He stated as he watched the staff pack their things in preparation for the beginning of their school day.

"She's not going to like this." Hizashi groaned tiredly as he pushed himself out of his seat while adjusting his leather jacket.

"In spite of everything, we have no other choice." Nezu lets out a soft sigh of disappointment before looking at All Might once again, "Please do me a favor and contact Mrs. Midoriya when you're able to. The sooner, the better."

"As you wish." The former Symbol of Peace nodded with an apologetic expression on his gaunt face.

"Oh, as well as Mr. David Shield." He quickly added as he picked up his papers on his desk, "He must know of our arrival beforehand."

"Y-Yes, sir." Toshinori stands up from his chair while clutching his chest tighter.

"Very good." The chimera smiled softly, although there was a hint of displeasure dancing on his lips, "Well then, ladies and gentlemen. This morning's meeting is over. Power Loader, I promise I will see what I can do about your request."

Said Excavation Hero only gives him a silent thumb-up, still grumbling under his breath.

"Thank you all for your hard work." Nezu waved them goodbye and watched his subordinates leave the staff room one by one, with various degrees of reluctance, annoyance, and hesitance on their visages.

Left alone in the staff room, Nezu let out a tired sigh as Izuku Midoriya appeared in his mind. If he allows himself to be fully honest, the boy is his favorite student due to his sharp wit, adaptability, and resilience—and his skills in strategizing and leadership are not something to sneeze at either. But the same qualities that have endeared the chimera towards him have also caused him much concern and trouble regarding his safety and well-being, especially his reckless nature and tendency to self-sacrifice.

Hopefully, with this plan, Nezu can be sure that his favorite Problem Child will not push himself too hard anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 389 7
This story will be seven chapters, one chapter will be uploaded a day with the story finishing in a week. It is a short story of IzuMomoJiro. Each ch...
138K 2.3K 39
It's a normal day for Izuku as he completes his normal routine and goes to school, along the way he runs into Yui Kodai, a quiet and Mysterious girl...
2.1K 112 37
Shiina Ito, a blasian girl born into the prestigious Ito family, on track to become a professional hero in the world of My Hero Academia, has her lif...
3.1K 157 2
Basically, It's another story about Aizawa finding out about the bullying problems Midoriya has had/ is having. Also includes Present Mic and All Mig...