Rogue Wave | Rafe Cameron

Od pretty_cvnt

"He was different than anyone else, more rough and less polite in the best aspects. Being with him was like m... Viac

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

7

208 6 0
Od pretty_cvnt

"Whats this all about?" I gestured towards the forbidden open door, and I couldn't remember a day where any of the pogues had seen the damn thing open.

"Uh," John B suddenly looked uncomfortable and the thought of the pogues hiding something from me, especially John B, hurt me. I crossed my arms, leaning against the open door of what looked like JB's father's office, facing John B who stood on the outside of the door.

"It looks like someone broke the entire room..."

It seemed I struck a chord because he looked down before flipping his head back up to meet my gaze again.

I took a moment to really soak in the house and realized just how bad it had gotten since I last saw it. Bottled were broken or scattered everywhere, JB's surfboard was thrown onto the couch, drawers were whipped open still, and some of the walls had marks in them.

"Did you have a damn party, JB?"

"Close, not quite, some—" his phone cut him off short, and he quickly pulled it to his ear to answer.
After a few minutes, I figured it was JJ and John B kept saying short sentences in a way to shorten the call.

"Fine, yeah, I'll ask. I got your back, bro," he hung up, looking at me and I simply nodded in defeat, grabbing my phone off the table of the kitchen and walking out, as John B followed behind.

"Nice, uh, shorts," I looked back and narrowed my eyes, continuing to walk forward to the Twinkie.

"Thanks, JB. Really needed that to get me through the day," He walked up quickly to catch up to my stride, hooking his arm jokingly around my shoulder and leading me to the passenger seat of the van.

"M'lady," he opened the door, allowing me to sit inside and I watched as he made a trip across the van back to the driver's side.

"Music." I said simply, pushing a button and ejecting the CD already in there. John B passed another CD my way and I happily took it to push it in, letting the sound of music travel through the van.

The soft smell of sunscreen and warm summer air filled my nose, as I let the window roll down. "This is amazing... where are we heading, Johnny boy?"

"My lady, we are traveling to the most exquisite place of all Kildare! Where many feast, watch Tv and smoke blunts all at once," he feigned an accent of older times that made me chuckle in my seat, "the drive-in."

"Wow, cannot wait." I said simply, letting my sarcasm show through my expression and taking the time to check my phone.

"Yeah, it'll be good," John B reassured, pulling on the tie of his blue bandana wrapped around his neck to loosen its hold a bit.

The drive was pretty damn short and I found myself wishing it would last for just a little while longer.

"Shit," John B muttered, making me look in his direction to see his phone in his hand.

"What is it?"

"Social workers at the Chateau... gotta bounce, K."

I nodded, letting myself out of the car and watching as he made a screeching halt into a U-turn, leaving a  cloud of dust in the air.

A part of me wondered if this was all some big joke into forcing me to tolerate the presence of JJ after our argument. I sighed, walking into the direction of the drive-in and seeing a massive group of couples and friends.

The snack bar called me and I fished in my pockets only to find a crumpled $20 bill that I had no idea was there. "Bag of Lay's, please," I asked, watching the girl grab it and hand it to me.

"Yo," a strong scent of cologne whooshed through the air, and I didn't have to question who it was before turning around. I inched myself back, surprised at the proximity between us and crossed my arms over one another in an attempt to disguise my nervousness.

"How's it going, K?" It was highly unlikely that he was being genuine, which only made me worry even more internally as I tried to rack my brain of all my wrongdoings that could've affected him.

"Good."

"Y'know," he breathed in deeply, like he was amping himself up to absolutely obliterate me, "your boys? You really need to tell them to lay off the shit, before they get hurt."

My false look of puzzlement must've severely pissed him off, because he stepped even closer to me. "We know what they did."

"Rafe, you don't know what you're talking about—"

My response was cut short by the sudden grip he held on my shoulders, "No, don't tell me what I don't know. Tell those pogues to stay the fuck off our side of the island and we'll handle them soon."

His words at some point became a shout, drawing the attention of others around us and I couldn't focus on anything but the way his eyes drilled into mine.

"You," I shoved his hands off of my shoulders, straightening myself out before continuing, "basically beat Pope to a pulp, and for no fucking reason."

Me and Rafe were two opposites, except with the same persistence in an argument, which made for a very interesting conversation. Although he stood almost a foot taller than me and could probably break me with a glare, I hated it and that only fueled me to argue even more.

Rafe thought he was better, almost like he knew that was the ultimate truth. He kept that no secret, since he found out where I was from.

"I didn't need a reason." He shrugged like if it was the most normal thing in the world and I stood appalled at it all. "Look, K, I'm really being generous when I say tell the boys to watch their backs."

Like clockwork, he walked away and as always, I stood alone. The bag of chips didn't look appetizing anymore, as I trudged to meet with the pogues.

"Gotta take a leak," JJ sprung up, getting in my way and I shoved his leg to push him. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" he whispered, reaching down to his calf to rub it.

"Get the hell out of the way. They're about to kiss, JJ!" Kie scolded, brushing her loose hair out of the way and sitting up.

"Move it," I pointed to a random direction, watching Pope warily follow him out, "You're both going?"

"Yeah, uh... he needs help." JJ spoke for Pope, who nodded dumbly before realizing the wrongness of JJ's words.

"He's gonna help you hold it or something, Pope?" I joked, earning a high five from a very stoned Kie.

The two boys walked away behind the screen and bickered with each other the entire time. After a while, I noticed it had been a minute since the boys had gone and took the opportunity to go out looking for them.

"JJ? Pope?" I heard no response, but the sounds of voices going back and forth.

Topper was basically all over Pope, who looked scared shitless while JJ and Rafe were going back and forth.

"What the fuck, guys?" I tried my best to keep quiet, dragging the attention of the boys momentarily. The brief distraction was taken advantage of by Rafe who pummeled through JJ, throwing him down and JJ fought back.

"Guys," I yelled out once more, grabbing hold of Topper's shoulders, pulling him with all of my force and barely wavering him. "You're hurting him, stop." Pope let out grunts of pain, and I continued to try and fight Topper.

"Come on, Rafe! That all you got?" a bloodied JJ, yelled out as Kelce held him back. Rafe winded up, about to take another hit and suddenly a fire lit up the screen of the drive in.

"Guys, Fire!" Rafe said, causing the Kooks to follow him as they made a run for it, leaving us to scramble ourselves.

"You good?" I glanced at Pope, watching him wince as he touched his cheek. "We're okay," he nodded, trying to keep cool and I attempted to make him feel better with a soft touch on the shoulder.

"Come on, let's bounce back to mines," I gestured over my shoulder, and the pogues trailed behind.

I had been maybe an hour into my shift at the Island Club before Kie had spam called me enough to have my boss tell me to pick it up.

"He what? What the fuck did he just get himself into? They're never gonna let him get off, and oh my gosh his dad, Kie." I brushed my hand roughly through my hair, letting it fall into whatever place it chose.

"I know, I know, they'll let him out but definitely not without some payment and he just can't handle that," I kicked at a golf ball gently, letting it roll under my tennis shoes to distract myself.

"I mean, the kid's 16, how the hell can he scrap up money to repay that?" I pulled my phone away to look at the time, "I gotta go, Kie, Midsommer's tonight... shouldn't you be getting ready too?"

"Yeah, yeah, see ya there." I hung up the phone, huffing softly and turning back to prep the tables for the night.

I spotted the Cameron's first, who snuck in to prepare for their grand appearance.

The first one I noticed was Rafe, admittedly, who was wearing a baby blue suit and slicked back hair. His eyes met mine, hardening before he looked away and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

I straightened my dress, looking down at it and picking up the plate of drinks.

"Ward," I acknowledged him first and he bowed his head slightly, "drinks?"

"Yes, dear, thank you," he replied, reaching over to grab a martini and I smiled fakely, pretending to not notice the drilling stare coming from Rafe.

"Hey, has John B spoke at all to you?" Sarah came closer to me and whispered. Her dress was pretty and she had a glint in her eye that could attract any Kook or pogue.

"Uhm, since when did you and John B talk?" I asked, continuing to hand out drinks and avoid eye contact with her.

"Drinks, sir?" A voice asked, causing me to halt and turn around. What in the hell was JJ doing here? Trying to make me lose my job?

"JJ?" I called out, and he walked in my direction, winking before pulling Sarah away.

I handed out a few more drinks, before setting down the platter and making my way inside to search for JJ, who randomly sprinted away.

"JJ, where the hell are you?"

I collided chests with Rafe, who held my arms to stabilize me and he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Why the hell are you walking around like a maniac?"

"Where's JJ, Rafe?" I had no trust in him whatsoever, so who knows where Rafe had left JJ, who was probably beaten to the ground at this point.

"Who knows, who cares? Where's Pope?" he deadpanned to me, letting his arms fall and rolling his tongue against his cheek.

"I don't know," I exasperated, looking over his shoulder in an attempt to find JJ and watching his impatience grow. "Why don't you just drop it already, Rafe? Shits done, and JJ already got thrown in the can over it."

"ahh, there he is! Man of the hour, huh, JJ?" Rafe hollered, drawing the attention of Kelce and Topper, who I recognized as his personal guard dogs now.

"JJ, what the hell? Run." I yelled at him, raising my hands in the air to hopefully catch his attention.

God, his face was so fucked. Bruises littered it and I didn't get much of a look before he ran to the men's restroom.

Rafe grabbed my arm, surprisingly gently and he moved me aside before rushing towards JJ.

"Fuck." I pinched the bridge of my nose, before following and listening through the wall of the restroom.

"Cute outfit." It was JJ, who sounded far from scared.

"Shut up." Rafe.

"Hold him still." I heard a struggle and silently prayed that JJ would perform one of his miracle stunts and avoid Rafe's anger. "What do you think? A four iron right?"

A bit of silence ensued before Rafe's voice boomed again, "I'm trying to hit a ball. Learn your etiquette, my friend."

A groan echoed, causing me to pause and hover my hand above the knob. I knew I was risking my job just by being here and abandoning the floor on midsommer's, but the thought of an already bruised JJ being at the hands of Rafe and his psycho friends scared me.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

314K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
252K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
105K 1.8K 23
"How have I fallen for this boy who only tells me he loves me when he's high?" Haven Summers and JJ Maybank have been inseparable since middle school...
682K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...