Platonic

Door GraysonClover

During one of his last years in school, David meets a few people and find himself becoming a social butterfly... Meer

Chapter One: Life's Great
Chapter Two: Excuse Me, Missy
Chapter Three: Daisy, Daisy.
Chapter Four: Curious One
Chapter Five: Sober Sundays
Chapter Six: Under The Rug
Chapter Eight: Friend Love
Chapter Nine: Set Up
Chapter Ten: More About You

Chapter Seven: Certainly Uncertain

0 0 0
Door GraysonClover

(Romeo POV)

      Although I didn't want to admit it, I had a feeling Donny was right about me being "easy". I mean, why did I try to kiss David? I could only hope I didn't fuck up anything between us.

———

Nothing felt better than waking up in the morning to a quiet house. I could blast music, sleep naked, or do whatever the hell I wanted. I actually did sleep naked though, but did I have any shame? Nope. Sometimes you just want to feel free, you know?

One thing I did forget to do was my chores, but my parents would just have to suffer. Last night was just about me moping over losing Missy, but now I realized I'd just have to find a way to live without her, even if it meant replacing her with David, or even Donny.

I couldn't freeball forever though, so I began getting ready for school like usual. I washed up in the bathroom and stared at my closet for half an hour. I threw on the most basic, but stylish clothes I could find and headed out the door, but of course, as luck would have it, my parent's car turned into the drive through. I was tempted to duck and hide in the bushes or something, but they had already spotted me.

My mom hopped out the car and walked over to me, not amused to see me which was unsurprising.

"Hey. You off to school? We got back from Grandma's. Yo should've came."

"I'm fine. They could care less about who comes into their house, or at least when it comes to me."

"Not true," she said, patting me on the back. "They love you too. Hurry to school though, your teacher never calls me for anything good anymore."

"I'm sure she doesn't. Bye Mom."

I stepped on my skateboard and began moving, just to be pulled back off by Riley's ass.

"You don't get bullied for using this thing?"

"Leave me alone," I said, snatching the board back from her. "Lord, I need a drink."

"You drink?! Im telling Dad."

"I was joking. Tell Dad anything and I swear I'll drop a spider on your pillow tonight."

She screamed and I took that little reaction as a win. Although I was scared of them somewhat, I actually did know where to find all of the spider eggs inside of our yard, so it wasn't anything to grab a few and throw them onto her while she slept. I should've done it along time ago, actually.

It's cruel. I know.

"Romeo, stop tormenting your sister," Mom spoke in a low tone. I wasn't sure how she even heard us from that far.

"It's not possible to torment the devil, especially when he's living in your idiot of a sister."

Mom didn't respond and Riley shot me a sinister "fuck you, ahaha" smile as she walked into the house. I grew sick of dealing with the three of them on the daily basis just nitpicking with me for fun. It's fine though, I could bear it for one more year.

————

      In class, David seemed unusually happy, not that I fully cared. I only noticed it thanks to me paying attention to anything besides the work. He gave his attention to the board which gave me little opportunities to glance at him now and then.

      "You're smiley today," I said, nudging him to grab his attention.

      "I planned something. I need you to follow me after school."

Stupidly, a date popped into my mind. I didn't object though, he was cute, I'll admit. I wasn't sure if I saw him in that way though. I liked him as a close, close friend. What am I even talking about?

"Uhh, David! I need you for something."

The teacher called David over to pass out papers, cutting our dying conversation short. I decided to finally jot down notes from the board, but then I noticed something weird.

I saw David stop at Missy's table for a good amount of time. They talked, but something had stressed Missy out. I couldn't hear though, so I pretended to ignore them, but then Missy glanced at me, then turned back to David. I did my best to turn back to my notebook, but by then it was no use. She had already saw me.

I was extremely curious about what they had chatted about, but they kept quiet. Instead, when David sat back down, I thought back at this...plan he had for later.

"So what's later?"

"You'll see," he said shyly "and you'll be ecstatic...I hope."

"You should tell me now," I replied, holding half of his face into my right. My left had wrapped around his neck as I continued. "I want to know now."

He pulled his face away, but didn't bother moving my arm from his shoulders. "There's also something I should say later too. Isn't it hot in this classroom?"

"Talk about what?"

"Just wait."

"Hmm, okay." I pouted. "What an affectionate person you are." Nothing pissed me off more than someone holding something from me until a certain time. I had a feeling it was something bad, but then I also thought it may have been about what him and Missy spoke about. I turned to him to read his face, but as usual he kept an expressionless look on him, sort of like a sculpture.

After that, I didn't bother him anymore. I decided to just wait patiently and allow the curiosity to eat at me for the day. Nothing felt better than someone wrapping something you want on a stick and dangling it above you.

——

(David's POV)

I almost felt bad for Romeo not knowing what I had done for him, but it was better to not tell him than him knowing and opting out. me and Missy had came to an agreement to allow them to make amends and for her to forgive him. I never got how she was angry at Romeo but not at her brother. If anything, he's the one she should've directed her anger towards, but it really isn't my business.

School ended and I instructed him to follow me. He followed, not knowing what to expect. The taxi I had called was waiting right outside as planned, and I pulled him inside.

"A taxi? The restaurant must be a ways away, huh?"

"Restaurant?"

"What? That's where you're taking me right?"

I ignored his question and slapped him with another, completely flipping the topic.

"What's the deal between you and your sister?"

"You're not slick David."

"Please just answer."

He sighed. Now I could say that I actually felt bad that he wanted to know but I couldn't tell him.

"I think I told you already, but whatever. She's just a l- wait a minute," he said, sticking his head halfway through the window. "I recognize this damn path. David, where are you taking me."

"Somewhere."

"Where?"

"Somewhere."

"David, why are we on the route of Missy's house."

I hesitated. "I just- I just wanted to help you guys sort things out. That's all." I attempted to hide the guilt from my face, but I'm sure he read it immediately.

"I didn't ask for this. You know she hates me." He turned his head from me to the rear view mirror. "Sir, please turn this bitch around."

"No, we have to go. I was responsible for the two of you hating each other, so now I want to fix it. I don't want to come between you two."

I knew it was a hard pill to swallow for him, but it was better than throwing it out and going crazy. He knew that. I motioned for the driver to keep going and David sat annoyed with his hands folded. The only thing to do now is hope that this idea works.

——

"Well, if it isn't the dickhead himself."

"Don't be a hypocrite. You literally attacked me for a secret you knew about."

I didn't bother getting between them. Dex and Romeo arguing was not what I came here to help with, plus Dex had traumatized me on accident the sleepover night which I haven't gotten over yet.

"She's not happy with you, little dick."

"Do you live your life just to annoy me?"

"You know, funny enough, that's not the first time I head that exact sentence."

"Take that as a sign you brute."

Dex turned and glanced at his sister stepping closer to the table. She didn't look totally angry, which was a plus, but she didn't look too amused either. Her eyes set on Romeo immediately.

"Ah, guess it's my cue to leave."

He walked into the deep hallway of rooms and Missy took a seat across from me and Romeo.

"So," she said in a questioning tones.

"I'm sorry."

She began laughing maniacally, probably killing any hope Romeo had of making up with her.

"David let's go."

"Wait," Missy giggled. "You two thought I was still angry?"

Me and Romeo both gave each other puzzled looks. Was she seriously not mad anymore? What was Romeo stressing over this entire time then?

      "Uhm...yea?"

      "Oh Romeo, a few shots solved that. I'm almost angry you don't know how I am by now," she said, caressing the side of his face. "You know I forgive and forget way too easily."

      "So should I still feel guilty?"

      "I said I forgive easily. That means you're still wrong."

      "Understandable. Friends?"

      She smiled, but it faded as a toilet flushed and out came a boy with no shirt. I recognized him after a few glances as the guy Romeo hit at the party. Who was this guy?

      "You have to be kidding me," Romeo said, holding a hand out to point at the boy.

      "I- Donny and I also had something I wanted to tell you guys as well."

      Just by the look on Missy's face, I could tell already what she was about to say. I sat eagerly waiting to hear it, but Romeo stood up from the chair in defiance.

      "Stop. I already know," he said with his face almost flushed red. I was confused about why he was angry at the two, but I remembered a few words from him a while ago. Although the two were best friends that often fought like siblings, a part of him had love for Missy. Not the typical love two friends or siblings would have, but romantic love.

     What was so bad about this guy anyway? Romeo was probably questioning the opposite.

      "Am I not fucking entitled to have a love life? Am I not entitled to have other connections with people that's not you?"

      "I didn't say that Mi-"

      "That's what you're implying though," she shouted.

      "Okay, but with my ex?! You're telling me there wasn't any other-"

      "Come Romeo, let me tell you something."

      "Shut the fuck up Donny."

      Donny stepped back with his hands up and didn't speak another word. Romeo sat down, took a breath, and stared directly at Missy. It was extremely visible that he wasn't just upset at the fact that Missy was with his ex now. It had to have been another reason.

      "So...you didn't think it may have been a good idea to like...tell me something like this before?"

      "We weren't talking. Bottom line, I do not owe you an explanation. It is what it is Romeo. That's it, that's all."

      Romeo turned towards the window and stared into the day. "You're completely right."

      "So what's the deal with this boy? Why is he here?"

      "That's a...friend. Of Romeo and I."

      "Donny." He held his hand out to me. I shook it, never returning a name to him. "Okayyy so it's clear I'm not wanted here, so I'll just get out of y'all's hair."

      "Don't," Romeo said sharply. "I'm going to leave now. Nice chat Missy."

      Without a word, he waved unhappily and sought his way out of the door. I watched, but didn't move.

      "Aren't you gonna go with him?"

      I shook my head, but I didn't plan on going home right away. I left the house, but lingered a while longer around. I sat on a pair of steps to the house and laid flat on my back. It wasn't making sense how one minute, I had found two new friends that seemed to get along, but now it almost felt like I was the reason for the end of their friendship.

      "Need help kid? Wait, David, right?"

      I sat up from the step and saw a tall man speaking to me. It took a few I squints for me to realize it was Pete. I won't lie and say I was excited to see him, but I was curious where he had went since the argument.

      "I thought Missy fired you?"

      "She didn't. I simply just moved into the mini guest house until a few weeks from now."

      "Yea?"

      "Yes. It's not bad, though, a proper bed in a proper room inside of this proper mansion does seem better."

     "I hope she forgives you."

      "True."

      Me and Pete held small talk, but then it came time to go home. I waved him goodbye, and called a taxi Missy's and back to mine. I couldn't help but think all night if Romeo was truly hurt by the fact that his ex moved onto his best friend. It did seem a bit weird, but maybe Missy and Donny had true love for each other or maybe them dating was some sort of big, elaborate prank. Who knows?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

252 30 30
Parker's second semester starts and she gets placed in a seat right next to the quiet boy in her grade. As they start to talk to each other and open...
6.4K 280 20
Two friends who have been inseparable since the day they met in middle school have to say goodbye as one leaves for college, and through drunken lust...
298 21 28
Mike, a high school student who is confused about his love life. He doesn't know whether he is a gay, straight or bisexual. Read has his life takes a...
267 45 13
Best friends since children, Evan swore to protect Vincent. At any cost. Can they overcome the obstacles that challenge their friendship? MATURE AS H...