LET ME LOVE YOU (Hate Me Not...

Da GemaInanna

Secrets from their past emerge, threatening to tear apart the fragile bond they are forming. Can they overcom... Altro

Work Of Fiction
Let Me Love You
01: The New Beginning
02: Going Back
03: Last Night
04: Masquerade Party
05: Flowers
06: Competing
07: Courting
08: Jealousy
09: Congratulations
10: Mission
11: Attention
12: Friend
13: Warm Hugs
14: Symptoms
15: It was You
16: She is Back
17: Break Up
18: Truth
19: Nightmare
20: Together
21: Missing
22: Challenges
23: Conflicts
24: Space
25: Blessing or Danger?
26: Heal
27: Stranger
28: Sorry
29: Old Times
30: Forgiveness
31: A father
32: My Everything
33: Chance

34: Forgiven

346 33 33
Da GemaInanna

CHAPTER 34

Forgiven

PRINCE POV's

"Are you going to the event?" Dad asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah. I just need to finish what I'm doing,"  mahinahon kong sabi.

Today is the SB charity event, but here I am in the office, working. I informed Scarlet about it, that I have an investor to meet after this.

Dad sighed deeply. "Son, thank you for doing your best for this company. You'll be a great CEO of Cortes Haven Realty. You proved your change in front of the board of directors yesterday," he said, applauding as he spoke.

I smiled. "Thanks, Dad. I made mistakes in our company before, so I want to make amends and change everything. Kagaya ng bagong pangalan ng kompanya." I chuckled softly, remembering what just happened yesterday.

He laughed lightly. "You're right, change is necessary." He stood up. "When do you plan to marry Scarlet?" taas noo nitong tanong.

I choked on his sudden question, and cleared my throat. "Binyag at birthday ng mga bata ang uunahin namin." I managed to say.

He raised an eyebrow. "That's difficult. Maybe you should talk to Chairman Imperial. Eros, I know you're afraid of him. But don't be. Tell him what's inside your heart. I know you're sincere. Prove it to their family, especially to her" he said calmly and seriously.

Hindi ako takot kay Chairman, naghahanap pa ako ng lakas ng loob para harapin siya.

I was about to speak, but he interrupted me. "You're a Cortes, you can do anything. Trust yourself. Do you know that no one in our family is weak?" he said with a grin.

I nodded slowly. "I know, Dad. I'm just looking for the right time to talk to her grandfather" I admitted.

"It's up to you now. After all, you're already grown up, kaya makapagdesisyon ka na ng maayos. I talked to Lee earlier, and it seems that, he's no longer mad at you."

"Naisip ko na rin iyan. But he's still insisting on Scarlet marrying into the Villaflor family," I insisted.

He chuckles. "You can't blame him." He tapped my shoulder. "I'm leaving now, I'll attend Scarlet's charity event. Okay, bye." tumango lang ako sa paalam niya.

I took a deep breath before continuing my work.

Dad's right. I need to talk to Chairman Imperial. Gusto ko siyang kausapin, ng personal. Kaya kinausap ko si Scarlet kagabi at tutulungan niya raw akong kausapin ang lolo niya. Habang tumatagal, hindi ko na nararamdaman na may galit siya sa akin. Sana, tanggapin niya ako... hindi lang ama ng mga anak namin, kung hindi, parte ng buhay niya.

After a few minutes of working on the blueprint, I stood up and organized the papers I would bring to the meeting with the new investor. I checked my watch, and it was already 1 PM.

'I hope Scarlet won't be mad at me.'

On Valentine's Day, I gave her a simple gift, and I saw that she liked it. Despite the changes she has gone through, she still appreciates the simple things.
I remember back in high school, I always saw her smiling whenever someone gave her a gift or something. She cherished her gifts— she cherished everything. That's why I love her.

Yesterday, while she was not at home, I couldn't help but enter her room. I saw the box I made for her. It's a jewelry box filled with diamonds and pearls. But she doesn't wear them.

At ang nasa loob nun ay ang litrato naming dalawa.

It means she still hasn't forgotten me. I want to marry her, but I won't rush her. I want her to fully forgive me.

"Sir, someone is waiting for you in the lounge" my assistant greeted me as I walked out of the office.

I quickly nodded and went there. I saw a woman sitting on the couch. I cleared my throat before speaking. "How may I help you?" I asked softly.

"Hey, Mr. Cortes!" my eyes widened at the sight. "Don't you recognize me?" she chuckled softly.

"Avery? What are you doing here?" she approached and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Hmmm, you smell nice!" I quickly moved her away from me.

"Tell me, why are you here? I thought you had a job in Paris?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Yeah, but I quit. I want to work in your company. Sabi ng kaibigan natin... you made changes in your company," she said with a smile.

I rubbed my forehead. "Seryoso ka ba sa sinabi mo? Do you really want to work for me?" I asked again.

She nodded without hesitation. "I can start with the basics. You know me, I can do anything."

I sighed deeply. "Alright, let's talk tomorrow. I have a meeting to attend to—"

She cut me off. "I'll come with you then! I want to be your assistant! I heard that you're too busy, and above all, you're taking care of a child. Ohh.." she paused and spoke again. "I want to see your children, hehehe!"

I approached her and covered her mouth. "Shh. Baka marinig ka ng mga empleyado---"

"Don't tell me, hindi nila alam---" 

I just nodded, making her to stopped. "Come with me. Ang daldal mo masyado." nauna akong maglakad at sumunod naman siya sa akin.

I checked my watch again. Hindi ako pwedeng ma-late sa meeting.

Nang nasa parking lot na kami, bigla ulit siyang nagsalita.

"Wow, you're not the Prince that I knew in Paris. You've changed so much.." she said, sounding incredulous.

I just laughed a bit. "Yeah."

"Having a child to look after, really changes a person, huh?" patawa niyang wika.

I smiled. "They give me a different kind of strength."

Pumalakpak siya. "I can't wait to see them! Good thing I found out you have kids. Otherwise, I might have tried to steal you from the woman you liked, HAHAHA!" she teased.

Napailing ako. "Baliw. Where's your car?" I asked her.

"Oh, yeah! Nandoon! I don't want your wife to get jealous of me, she might think I'm flirting with you.." she joked again. pagbibiro niya pa.

Napatawa na lang ako at pumasok sa loob ng kotse ko. "Sundan mo lang ako ah." saad ko bago pinaandar ang sasakyan at naunang umalis.

Avery is a good friend. I guess Scarlet won't be jealous of her. It was only the other day that I told my friends in Paris that I have a child. They were shocked and couldn't believe it. Some were angry at me because I left without telling them. I also told them that I would make it up to my family. Yung iba, nagalit sa akin dahil raw umalis ako noon nang hindi ko alam. At sinabi ko rin sa kanila na babawi ako sa pamilya ko.

Biglang may tumawag sa cellphone ko. It's Lisa.

"Yes?"

"Where are you? Still busy?" she asked in hurry.

"I have a meeting. I'll be there at 3."

Narinig ko ang marahan niyang paghinga. "Alright, buti na lang nandito mga kaibigan ni ate Scarlet. Sige na kuya, bye na. Buti hindi ka pa niya hinahanap pfft Haha!" pagtawa niya. 

"Ano---" and she hang up the phone.

Ang batang iyon, isip bata parin.

I glanced at the side mirror of the car. I saw Avery's car following me. She really wants to work in my company. I wonder why she left Paris? She was an engineer there and her salary was high.

'Why does she want to work in my company?...'

That makes me curious, but she's my friend. I need to accept her. Based on her skills, abilities, and personal information, she can be a great asset to my company.

At exactly 1:30, nakarating na ako sa restaurant na pagme-meetingan namin ng bagong investor.

"So this is the place. I was here yesterday. Their food was great and it's very..." I put my finger in front of her mouth just to make her stop.

"You're annoying..." I smiled a bit before walking ahead into the restaurant.

"Argh! What a bad friend!" I heard her complain as she followed me.

Napangisi na lang ako.

I quickly spotted Mr. Ramirez from afar. He is a big shot in the firm industry. I need to get close to him.

""Sorry for keeping you waiting, Mr. Ramirez." pauna kong sabi rito.

"You're two minutes late, Mr. Cortes," he said seriously.

Magsasalita na sana ako ng biglang nagsalita si Avery. "Gosh. Is 2 minutes really a big deal to you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata para tumigil kaya natahimik siya.

"Who's that woman? Your girlfriend?"

I shook my head. "She's my friend."

He nodded. "Please, have a seat," he said in a cold tone.

Umupo ako at ganoon din si Avery.

"Omg, you look so familiar pala" pinanlakihan ko ulit ng mata si Avery dahil sa sinabi niya kay Mr. Ramirez.

This meeting might fail because of the woman I am with.

"Mr. Cortes, you brought a talkative friend. I thought it was just the two of us in this meeting?" Mr. Ramirez asked me coldly.

"Well, she's---" natahimik ako sa biglaang pagsalita ni Avery.

"Gosh! Ikaw nga! Yung naka flirt ko sa isang dating app!" biglang napalakas ang boses niya kaya tinakpan niya agad ang bibig niya.

Yeah, it's me. So what?" Mr. Ramirez responded.

I was stunned. These two know each other from a dating app?!

Pinipigilan ko na lang ang sarili kong matawa sa sitwasyon.

Minutes passed and the meeting finally ended. It was quite pleasant talking to my new investor. He promptly signed our contract, and perhaps Avery was one of the reasons. He knew that Avery was working for me.

Nauna na akong umalis sa kanila. They had more things to discuss. Ibang klase talaga si Avery, yung bigating tao pa talaga ang naka-flirt niya sa isang dating app. She told me she would call me to get the address of where I was going. And I told her about the charity event.

In fact, I was on my way there. But before that, I made a stop at a flower shop.

Habang nasa loob ng sasakyan, hindi ko maiwasang hindi mapangiti. Biglang sumagi sa isip ko ang sinabi ni Dad tungkol sa kasal. Malapit na, malapit na matupad ang pangarap ko na makasama sila araw-araw.

Makalipas ang ilang oras, huminto ako sa parking lot ng SB. Bumaba ako ng kotse habang dala ang bulaklak na para sa kanya. I took a deep breath before walking into the building.

"Mr. Cortes!" bati sa akin ng mga nakakilala sa'kin sa ScarletBeauty.

"Hello, good afternoon. Where's your boss?" I asked them.

They pointed in a direction. I looked over and saw Scarlet and Dan talking.

"Sir, tapos na po yung event. Nagsi-alisan na po yung ibang tao..." mahinahong wika nila.

I nodded. "Yeah, it's okay. Pupuntahan ko lang...." I excused myself from them and headed towards Scarlet.

"Hey, why are you so late?" Sarah greeted me.

"I told you ate, malalate siya" wika ni Lisa na nasa tabi niya.

Dumating sina Pauline. "Naku Prince, bumawi ka kay Scarlet..." she said, laughing.

Napasinghap ako. "Ako na bahala sa sarili ko. Puntahan ko lang..." I excused myself from them.

Tumango sila pero marahang natawa. Nakita ko rin ang iba kong mga kaibigan na dumalo. Masaya ako dahil tumutulong sila kay Scarlet.

My attention suddenly shifted to Mr. Villaflor. What does he still want from Scarlet? I told Scarlet to stay away from him, but she's still not avoiding him now. Kahit alam n'yang manloloko ang Dan na iyan, kinakausap niya parin.

"Ehem!" I cleared my throat, causing them to fall silent. I quickly handed Scarlet the flowers. "For you..." I tried to reach her cheeks. I was surprised when she suddenly moved closer, causing my lips to brush against her cheek.

I was stunned. Akala ko galit siya dahil nahuli ako.

It's too late, Mr. Cortes, the event is over. But don't worry, you can still talk to the other guests," he said confidently.

I was insulted by what he said. I suddenly grabbed Scarlet's waist. "If that's the case, can I borrow my wife for a moment?" ngiting sabi ko. 

Biglang tinampal ni Scarlet ang kamay ko kaya inalis ko iyon.

Scarlet quickly slapped my hand away. "Dan, if what you said is true, prove it. If you want to clear your name, please prove it so our friendship won't go to waste," nabigla ako sa sinabi ni Scarlet sa kanya.

Ano bang pinag-uusapan nila kanina?

Nakita kong malungkot na tumango si Dan. Nag da-drama ba ang lokong ito?

"I really don't understand why you believe in false stories. Remember that I was there for you when that guy left you!" Dan suddenly pointed at me and left.

"Hey---" susundan ko sana nang biglang pinigilan ni Scarlet ang braso ko.

"Let him. Sinabi ko na sa kanya ang lahat pero, tinatanggi niya parin." mahinahong sabi niya at may lungkot sa boses nito.

"Why are you feeling down like that?" I asked her.

Umiling siya ng bahagya. "feel guilty. Even if he denies it, I know what Zander said about him is true. I feel guilty because he worked for SB for a long time and he did help me" buntong hiningang sabi niya.

I sighed. "Naintindihan kita. Sundin mo lang kung anong nasa puso mo. Pwede mo naman siya hindi ipakulong eh. Basta, huwag ka na makipag business partner sa kanya at sa pamilya niya." diretsong sabi ko.

Dahan-dahan siyang tumango bilang pagsang-ayon. She then smelled the flowers. "I won't be mad that you're late. Thanks for the flowers," I smiled when I noticed a smile on her lips.

Palagi ko na siyang nakikitang nakangiti ng ganito sa akin. I hope her smile never fades.

"Sino nagbabantay sa mga bata?" I asked her.

Lumawak ang ngiti niya. "Actually, I brought them here." my eyes widened.

"A-ano?! Pero, makikilala sila ng mga tao---" hindi ko natapos ang sasabihin sa biglaan niyang paghawak sa kamay ko.

"Why do we need to hide them?" she whispered softly, hanggang sa napansin kong naiilang siya.

She was about to remove her hand when I tightly held it. "And so, can you also stop hiding your feelings from me?" mahinahong wika ko na ikinatahimik niya.

Rinig ko ang pagtibok ng puso niya. She still felt nervous every time I said that. I hope she won't worry anymore. I hope she can feel that I'm serious.

"Do you want me to be honest now?" tanong niya. Walang pag-alinlangan akong tumango. "Well, yes. Well, yes. I'm still into you, Prince. But today is not a perfect time for that. May announcement ako kanina pero wala ka" mahinahong wika niya.

"You know the reason. Didn't I mention that I have something to do---"

"I knew that. Just wait for it in the news," she interrupted me.

I furrowed my brow at her words.

"Wait, why? What's going on?" I asked her curiously.

Tumawa lang siya at umiling. Biglang may lumapit. "Ah, si Mr. Engineer pala 'to eh! Congrats!" nabigla ako sa pakipagkamay nito sa akin.

"Huh?"

"Sa kaniya nagmana. Ang gwapo..." bulongan ng iba.

Mas lalong gumulo isip ko. Ano bang pinagsasabi nila. Napatingin ako kay Scarlet na tumango habang ngumingiti.

"Ano ang sinasabi nila?" I asked her curiously.

"Prince, finally!" someone called out. Napatulala ako sa aking nakita. "Heto na si Daddy..." para akong naestatwa sa kinatatayuan ko. I can't even utter a word.

Kumaway sa akin si Primo. "Daddy..." hindi ko mapigilang hindi mapangiti. Tiningnan ko si Scarlet.

"Bakit sila nandito?" I asked her, still smiling.

She smiled. "I don't want to hide them anymore. They're my son" walang pag-alinlangang wika niya.

May lumapit sa kanya. "Miss Imperial, can we talk for a while?" rinig kong wika nito.

Tumango si Scarlet at tumingin sa akin. "Babalik ako..." paalam niya bago umalis.

Tumingin sa akin ang babae at nagsalita. "Congrats po" wika nito bago sumunod kay Scarlet.

I turned to Mom, who was holding Primo. Her smile widened. "If you were here earlier, I'm sure you would be so happy," she said. "Right, baby? Go to your Daddy..." I took Primo from her.

"What announcement? Did she mentioned our child?" I asked.

Tumango siya. "Yes. Akala ko nga hindi niya masagutan lahat ng tanong ng media kanina. She's so confident and strong while answering the questions" Mom explained.

Guilt washed over me for not being by her side earlier. "Mom, did she mention me?" I asked.

Tumango siya. "Yes. Be thankful to her because she didn't deny you as the father of the children. She proudly said those words in front of everyone. Kung gusto mong malaman, pwede mong tingnan sa live ni Lisa" nakangiti nitong wika.

I nodded while smiling. "Sana, ito na ang simula sa bubuuin naming pamilya" ngiting sabi ko. "Diba, anak?" ngiting tanong ko kay Primo.

Tumawa ito. "Daddy....oh" habang sumandal sa akin.

I tapped his back. "Malapit na tayo magsama sa iisang bahay" mahinahong bulong ko sa kanya.

Mom chuckled softly. "I hope you won't just focus on the children. But also on the two of you." I nodded in response.

I had been doing that for a long time, and I knew Scarlet could feel it.

Habang nasa ScarletBeauty, hindi ko maiwasang hindi mapaluha sa saya na nararamdaman ko. Nagiging emosyonal ako sa tuwing may lumapit sa akin at kinausap ako tungkol sa pagiging mabuting ama sa mga bata. Sobrang saya ko. At ang pangamba na baka hindi ako matanggap ulit ng mga Imperial sa pamilya nila, ay nawala lalo na sa sinabi ni tito Lee sa akin.

I accompanied Scarlet as she interacted with the people she met. Sometimes, we walked together while carrying our children. I told her to find a babysitter, but she didn't want to. And I understood.

*One hour later.*

"Ma'am, we have accumulated 1.2 million in the account for today's charity," I heard the finance officer of the company say.

Nandito kami sa conference room, natapos na ang charity event kaya kami na lang ang naiwan. Hindi na rin namin kasama ang mga bata dahil umuwi na sila kasama ang mga lola nila.

"Good to know. There will be money coming from Korea and New York, so email me all the details about the money later" tugon ni Scarlet.

I was by her side, listening to their meeting. I could see the exhaustion on her face, but she continued to work. She should be at home by now.

"Ma'am, yung president po ng Hales Foundation, may binigay na regalo para sa pasasalamat nila sa inyo" wika ng isa.

Kita kong napangiti si Scarlet. "Para sa ating lahat ang bigay nila kaya, pwede rin kayong kumuha" ngiting sabi niya.

Pumalakpak si Sarah. "Let's give ourselves a round of applause because the event was successful!" tuwang sabi niya at nakisabay na rin ang lahat.

"I-congrats niyo din si Mr. Cortes for being such a good daddy!" Lisa said, causing me to look at her.

Magsasalita na sana ako nang bigla silang pumalakpak. Ngumiti na lang ako at tumango.

"Sir, kailan po kayo magpakasal ni Ma'am?" tanong ng secretary ni Scarlet.

"Well, if she's ready, why not?" ngiting tugon ko.

Lahat sila kinikilig. "Yeiii!" they teased Scarlet.

Kita kong naiilang si Scarlet kaya tumayo siya. "The meeting is over! Let's all rest," diretsong sabi niya.

Tumayo ang lahat at nagsimulang magpaalam kay Scarlet.

"Thank you ma'am, thank you sir!" paalam nila sa amin.

Tumango ako at ngumiti. Lumapit si Lisa sa amin. "Hey, lovebirds. I'm leaving now, I have a date with Kayzer..." lumawak ang ngiti niya.

"Huwag kang matulog kung saan-saan. Umuwi ka agad sa bahay" mariing giit ko sa kanya.

She laughed a bit. "Yes, tanda" paalam niya bago umalis.

Sarah approached us, laughing. "Now that everyone knows about the two of you, when is the wedding?" she asked.

"Sarah, para sa mga bata yung announcement ko kanina hindi para sa amin" Scarlet quickly clarified.

I felt like I had been stabbed with her words.

"Sus, huwag niyo na ngang patagalin. Mas maganda kung kasal ang uunahin niyo kaysa binyag" giit ni Sarah.

Marahan akong tumango. "Hindi pa ako napatawad ni Scarlet kaya, medyo mahirap yang sinabi mo" mahinahong sabi ko.

Natahimik si Sarah. Ohh... Well, it's up to you then. Just hope that there won't come a time when you both regret your decision. Guys, be true to yourselves, you already have children!" she exclaimed. "Fine, aalis na ako ah. Bye..." paalam niya sa amin.

Biglang natahimik ang paligid sa pag-alis nila. Kaming dalawa na lang ni Scarlet ang naiwan sa loob. Tumayo ako para ayusin ang mga upuan.

I cleared my throat first bago nagsalita. "Huwag mo na isipin ang sinabi ni Sarah. Binyag ang uunahin natin" mahinahong sabi ko.

"Yeah." naghintay ako sa sasabihin niya pero wala nang lumalabas sa bibig niya.

I sighed deeply at naglakad papalapit sa kanya. "Let's go home." ngiting sabi ko.

Huminga siya ng malalim at tumayo. "Let me carry them. I know you're tired," wika ko bago kinuha ang bag niya at laptop.

She nodded slightly at naunang naglakad paalis. Ganito siya palagi sa tuwing kaming dalawa ang magkasama.

Nang nasa loob kami ng elevator, nagsalita siya.

"You've been with me for a long time, but I haven't heard you talk about marriage things," she whispered softly.

Tumayo ako sa harapan niya. "Make it clear. What did you say?" pinipigilan ko ang sariling ngumiti.

"What do you think? Haven't you realized that I've been waiting for you to say it?" she asked, returning the question.

I scratched my head. "I-I mean, have you forgiven me?" tanong ko habang hindi mapigilang ngumiti.

Hinintay ko ang sasabihin niya. Tumango-tango lang siya at iniba ang tingin. "Yes!" agad ko siyang niyakap. "Thank you!" I suddenly kissed her head. Napatigil ako. "Sorry, natuwa lang ako" paumanhin ko.

"Pinatawad na kita noong nakaraang Linggo. Hindi mo ba napansin?" hindi makapaniwala niyang tanong.

Napakamot ako ng ulo. "Hindi eh, kasi masungit ka sa'kin minsan" tanging nasabi ko.

She laughed. "Wow, you really don't know me. You don't know what my love language is," simpleng sabi niya bago ako inikutan ng mata.

""You mean..." I stopped myself. "You love me?" I asked her.

"Pftt!" she giggled.

The elevator doors opened, and she walked out first. I quickly followed. "Scarlet, I love you!" I shouted.

Lumapit siya. "Ano ka ba, we're not teenagers para sa mga ganitong eksena. Bilisan mo na diyan, mag a-alas siyete na" wika niya habang nakangiti.

Ngumiti na rin ako. Mahal niya pa ako. Mahal niya ako!

Paglabas namin ng building, nakasalubong namin ang security guard. "Manong, mahal pa ako ni Scarlet!" hindi ko mapigilang hindi mapangiti sa sinabi ko. 

Tumawa si Manong.

"Baliw ka na!" agad akong hinila ni Scarlet papunta sa parking lot. "Nakakahiya, para kang teenager sa inasta mo." iritadong sabi niya.

Binuksan ko ang pintuan ng sasakyan. I laughed and nodded. "I can't wait to marry you," I kissed her cheek before quickly running to the driver's seat.

"Gosh, hindi bagay sa'yo maging ganito!" pasigaw niya bago pumasok sa loob ng kotse.

Napatawa na lang ako. ""Can't I be sweet just because I'm wearing eyeglasses?" tanong ko sa kanya.

Tumango siya. "Yes. Baka kasi maging katulad ng dati, aalis ka na lang bigla." wika niya habang nagse-seatbelt.

"Hindi na ako aalis, pangako." seryosong wika ko.

"I still have doubts about your promise. Just show it to me, don't just say it," there was sadness in her voice.

Tumango ako at lumapit sa kanya. "I will, thank you for giving me a chance..." I held her chin and brought her face closer to mine. "I love you," I kissed her passionately.

"I can't lose you, Eros..." and then she kissed me back.

Sinusuklian niya ang bawat halik na binibigay ko. Pangako, hindi ko na sasayangin ang pagkakataong ito.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

17.9K 1.1K 14
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...
22K 97 17
naughty girl with naughty professor. story is kind of new and interesting. read it to enjoy it!
13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
55.2K 2.3K 20
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆