It's the Little Things That C...

Da AvatarSnips

Drabbles about Gabriel and Nathalie inspired by prompts from the GabeNath Reverse Bang 2023 (originally publi... Altro

Day 1: A Large Shift in a Relationship
Day 2: When Will You Stop Hoping?
Day 3: A Little Sparkle
Day 4: A New Enemy
Day 5: Bickering Like an Old Married Couple
Day 6: Snuggled Together
Day 7: Broken Glass
Day 8: Why me?
Day 9: Waking in the Middle of the Night
Day 10: Waiting for the Other
Day 11: What do you know about love?
Day 12: Almost
Day 13: Finding a Cat
Day 14: Nightmare
Day 15: You're Hurt/Never Again
Day 16: Rekindle
Day 17: Too Late/Sacrifice
Day 18: In a Heartbeat
Day 20: Kiss Me
Day 21: Are You Happy?
Day 22: Spare Me
Day 23: Tides
Day 24: You've Changed
Day 25: Whisper/Help
Day 26: Hero
Day 27: Sinking
Day 28: Shoelace
Day 29: Stop Playing With My Heart
Day 30: Overwhelm
Day 31: (Tear) Stain
Day 32: What Are You Looking For?
Day 33: No Fear
Day 34: Painful
Day 35: Caress
Day 36: Growing Old
Day 37: Temporary
Day 38: Consequences
Day 39: You're Not the Only One
Day 40: Bagel/Now What?/Blood Oath
Day 41: Lost Glasses
Day 42: Butterflies/Look At Me
Day 43: Rumor
Day 44: A Lingering Touch
Day 45: Without a Heart/Fluttering
Day 46: Our Home
Day 47: Purple
Day 48: Curiosity Killed the Cat
Day 49: Don't Look Back
Day 50: Give Us More Time
Day 51: A Beginning
Day 52: An End

Day 19: First Kiss/I Can't

64 2 1
Da AvatarSnips

Author's Note: Some of this was inspired by a scene in "Cinnamon and Vanilla" by LiquifiedStars

Gabriel hadn't been drunk in years, so Nathalie was concerned when she first entered the office.

Her concern grew when she saw the nearly empty bottle on the table. "Did you drink all of that tonight?"

His bleary gaze turned to her, seemingly unable to look away. His voice sounded surprisingly normal as he said, "You don't need to worry about me, Nathalie. I can handle it."

She doubted that. "Stand up, Gabriel."

Perhaps he wasn't as drunk as she thought as he stood and came to her easily.

Now close enough that she could smell the sweet scent of the wine lingering on his clothes, he smiled.

She frowned. "You aren't planning on akumatizing anyone tonight, are you?"

He laughed, a laugh she would've expected from Hawk Moth, not Gabriel. "No, I could only imagine how badly that would go."

"And where is your Miraculous?"

"The attic."

"Why?"

"I became . . . frustrated."

"That explains the wine. I'll go retrieve your Miraculous." She didn't like the idea of leaving Nooroo all alone. Unlike Gabriel, she cared about treating the kwamis well.

He accompanied her to the attic. Nathalie switched open the window, moonlight streaming inside. She caught sight of the brooch on the floor and slipped it into her pocket.

"You should go to bed," she suggested, but he had become transfixed by the sky.

"I haven't fully looked at the stars in years," he said quietly. "They're beautiful."

She moved next to him, following his gaze. He was correct; they were quite pretty.

But it was still an odd thing for him to be saying.

"It's late," she said gently, laying a hand on his arm. "And if you don't go to sleep soon, you'll have a horrible headache in the morning."

He turned to her, eyes once again adopting the same look from the office, like he didn't want to look away.

As if in a trance, he shifted closer, slipping his arms around her waist.

"Gabriel?" she asked, eyes widening and heart quickening. What had gotten into him?

Perhaps she was only dreaming.

Or maybe not, judging by the kiss he gave her. It was a gentle kiss, not reflective of what one would expect from someone who was slightly drunk.

She cupped his face, but something made her hesitate. As much as she wanted to stay there, she knew it wasn't right.

Nathalie gently pulled away. "I'm sorry, Gabriel, but I can't. Not when you're still fighting for Emilie. It's not fair to any of us. Besides, you're drunk."

His expression was pained, his eyes conflicted as he looked down. "I . . . I don't know what I want anymore."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

7.8K 356 37
Hawkyura enemies to lovers where Gabriel and Nathalie don't know each other's secret identities. (And they want to get the miraculouses for differen...
483 27 7
Written for the GabeNath Reverse Bang 2023 challenge (cover art done by siren-drawing-stuff) The Kingdom of Lapia is strong and unshakable, just like...
6.8K 221 19
Nathalie had the feeling she made it to be finally able to get closer to Gabriel. But apprently as fast as her hopes for that had been come up as fas...
2.4K 101 9
This is a Gabenath fanfic I do not own the characters, they are from the Miraculous Ladybug series. The artwork of the cover is mine, tho. I hope yo...