It's the Little Things That C...

By AvatarSnips

Drabbles about Gabriel and Nathalie inspired by prompts from the GabeNath Reverse Bang 2023 (originally publi... More

Day 1: A Large Shift in a Relationship
Day 2: When Will You Stop Hoping?
Day 3: A Little Sparkle
Day 4: A New Enemy
Day 5: Bickering Like an Old Married Couple
Day 6: Snuggled Together
Day 7: Broken Glass
Day 8: Why me?
Day 9: Waking in the Middle of the Night
Day 10: Waiting for the Other
Day 11: What do you know about love?
Day 12: Almost
Day 13: Finding a Cat
Day 14: Nightmare
Day 15: You're Hurt/Never Again
Day 17: Too Late/Sacrifice
Day 18: In a Heartbeat
Day 19: First Kiss/I Can't
Day 20: Kiss Me
Day 21: Are You Happy?
Day 22: Spare Me
Day 23: Tides
Day 24: You've Changed
Day 25: Whisper/Help
Day 26: Hero
Day 27: Sinking
Day 28: Shoelace
Day 29: Stop Playing With My Heart
Day 30: Overwhelm
Day 31: (Tear) Stain
Day 32: What Are You Looking For?
Day 33: No Fear
Day 34: Painful
Day 35: Caress
Day 36: Growing Old
Day 37: Temporary
Day 38: Consequences
Day 39: You're Not the Only One
Day 40: Bagel/Now What?/Blood Oath
Day 41: Lost Glasses
Day 42: Butterflies/Look At Me
Day 43: Rumor
Day 44: A Lingering Touch
Day 45: Without a Heart/Fluttering
Day 46: Our Home
Day 47: Purple
Day 48: Curiosity Killed the Cat
Day 49: Don't Look Back
Day 50: Give Us More Time
Day 51: A Beginning
Day 52: An End

Day 16: Rekindle

58 3 0
By AvatarSnips

Their relationship had been in tatters for months now, so Adrien had taken matters into his own hands. It was time to rekindle the feelings he knew remained between them.

They still wore matching wedding rings, after all, even if he couldn't figure out why.

So he'd come into the office one afternoon and asked for a lesson on how to waltz. There was a gala coming up and he planned to attend with Marinette. Of course, he already knew how to waltz, but it wasn't hard to convince his father that his memory was foggy.

Nathalie was too tall to act as Adrien's partner. All part of his plan.

"Can you show me?" he asked the adults innocently.

His father looked at Nathalie, hesitantly taking her hand and pulling her closer to him. Adrien half-expected her to move away, but instead, she put her other hand on Gabriel's shoulder, expression tense.

To Adrien's delight, both seemed to relax as the dance progressed. Maybe it had to do with the apologetic smile his father aimed at her. There was more behind it but of course, Adrien had no idea what.

Looking almost mischievous, Gabriel lifted her by the waist and spun her around. Nathalie gasped quietly in surprise.

Whoa. Adrien didn't think he'd ever seen that side of his father before.

"I don't remember that part of the waltz," she told him, but a smile had made its way to her face.

"Improvisation." He winked at Adrien. "If it goes with the music, don't be afraid to improvise, son."

"Got it, Dad." He wondered how his father would react if he knew Adrien was taking Marinette to the gala.

By the end of the dance, Adrien could see the difference between them. Nathalie didn't move away from his father and her expression was bright.

And unlike the show he knew they'd been putting on for him recently, her emotions weren't faked.

Neither were his father's, who kept an arm around each of them.

Adrien considered his plan a success.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1K 62
Gabriel and this other guy are competing to earn Nathalie's love. Who is gonna win?
21.4K 851 23
Hawkmoth thought his wish could finally fill the void in his heart knowing his wife would finally return to him. But what about the lives of the peop...
19K 550 40
"The magazine that Adrien is currently modeling for, has asked that I provide them with a new medium to present Adrien in. They do not want a photosh...
11.4K 473 36
"I'm trusting you with my wife's ring...and my son." The theories were correct, now let's make a story out of it.