Her Bestfriend's Brother [Edi...

By Fairydust_sparkles

Layla is in her first year of college with her best friends and her boyfriend, all ready to experience the fu... More

Cast N Aestheticsโœจ
Cast
Part 1 : Unspoken Tensions
Part 2 : Intrigue and Intrusions
Part 3 : Hidden Desires
Part 4 : Bonds Of Resilience
Part 5: Talking About You Everywhere
Part 6: I Can Eat This All Day
Part 7: Head Over Heels For Her
Part 8 : Went All Gorilla Mode
Part 9: Always Come To Your Rescue
Part 10: Laughs Like A Maniac
Part 11: He Can Just Dream About Her
Part 12: Your Weird Ass Boyfriend
Part 13: Before Theo Barged In
Part 14: Are You Wearing Seatbelt?
Added Casstt!!โœจ
Part 15: To Look Like A Princess
Part 16: Take selfies and go live
Part 17: She Meant Sons Of Bitches
Part 18: Taunt Queen Shifa
Part 19: I'm Glad I Could Help
Part 20: Kill Me Along With You
Part 21: The Problematic Big Brother
Part 22: Favourite Song On Repeat
Note!!
Part 23 : Is Something Going On?
Part 24: After Playing Super Mario
Part 25: And I Drowned In That Flood
Part 26: She's Off Limits
Part 27: I Can't See You Crying Layla
Part 28: Your Second Best Decision Zayn
Part 29: For The Rest Of My Life
Part 30 : No Competition Against Him
Part 31: Fall Three Times Back To Back
Part 32: He's My Best Friend's Brother
Part 33: I'm Irresistible
Part 34: I Intend To Be Your Last
Part 35: Eat This All Day
Part 36: Always And Forever
Part 37:What Day Is It
Part 38: Iqra, Who Is He?
Part 39: Blueberry Cheesecake
Part 41: At The Florist
Part 42: Some Chicken Wings
Part 43: Under The Stars
Part 44: Whispers Of The Dark
Part 45: Shadows of Doubt
Part 46: Memorable Moments
Part 47: Girly Dose
Part 48: Milestones
Part 49: Ellaa!

Part 40: This Is A Dream

39 3 1
By Fairydust_sparkles

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

Author's 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

F L A S H B A C K

Zayn and the girls were waiting in the waiting room with Layla's parents for the doctor to come. "Ya Allah! Please keep my daughter safe from any and every disease and evil eyes. Keep her under your protection. Give her the strength and- and the ability to fight back whatsoever she is suffering from right now, aameen (amen)" Layla's mother prayed for her daughter's well-being whilst crying.
"Aunty, she's going to be alright In Sha Allah (if Allah wills), have faith in his plans," Iqra said pacifying her best friend's mother.

"Excuse me," the doctor came out of Layla's room and said, "I'm sorry, your daughter is in a coma. We can't say when she will be out of it or will she ever gain back her consciousness. We are trying our best Mr. Khan." They couldn't believe their ears, it was indeed a shock for them. "Doctor, do anything you can, no matter how much money it takes, I'll provide everything for my daughter's treatment! Please- just save her," her dad said to the doctor. "I'm sorry Mr. Khan, but there's nothing more we can do instead of waiting for her to wake up," the doctor said and left.

"What's the use of all this money if it can't help my family! No, I- I'll talk to the best of the doctors across the world and they'll treat our Layla," her dad said, feeling helpless. "Uncle, there's no doctor who can pull her out of coma, it's of no use, you need to be strong in order to handle Zahra and aunty," Shifa said and he felt helpless once again.
"I'll inform Zahra about it," Zayn spoke when Shifa added, "And don't forget to tell about it Max, Lexi and Theo as well."

Two Hours Later

Max and Lexi left for the hospital as soon as they got the news. They knew how hard it was for her friends and family at this moment. "Max, I know she is a good friends of yours, but you have to be strong in order to provide support to them, hmm?" Lexi nudged him on seeing his upset face. "Lex, I wanna tell you something," he said and she nodded, letting him continue further.
"Back in school, things were different between me and Layla. I- I liked her, a lot. From the day that I saw her, I admired her and her not knowing about this made me like her even more. Our whole school knew that I liked Layla but her. At first, I thought it was just an attraction and would fade away, but it didn't."

"You liked her? Why didn't you tell me about it before?" She asked and Max replied, "I couldn't manage to tell you about it before. I'm sorry," This put a smile on her face on seeing how genuine her boyfriend was. "Max, whatever it was, it was in the past, and I know you love me more than anybody else could ever! I love you my dumbass. And about Layla, she's such a sweetheart that one would find hard not to fall for her. What happened next?" She asked smiling and he continued,
"After three to four months, I finally gathered the courage to confess to her. My entire friend group judged me for liking her, because they said that 'Layla is a total opposite of me, we both never talk too much and she and I are like north and south poles, she's nowhere near us and that she would never date a guy like me,' but I didn't stop. I proposed her on valentines day after talking about it to Iqra and Shifa. They helped me with it by telling me about her likes- dislikes, her favourite things, and stuff. I even stopped smoking for her, because she hated smoking. And when my friends asked me about me not smoking, I told them the real reason behind it and they mocked me for compromising my habits for a girl."

"Wait wait, so you're saying that The Max Spencer quit smoking for a girl? Are you fucking serious? Oh my God you were so whipped Max!" Lexi said, bursting out into laughter. "I mean, thanks to Layla, that because of her, you stopped smoking. Tell me more about it," she urged as they sat in the car.

"Wear your seatbelt first, only then will I tell you further about it," Max stated and Lexi made a face before wearing the seatbelt. "Happy?" She mocked and he smiled, saying, "Yes, very much.
Zayn was with his then girlfriend who's now his ex- Sarah. Layla was speechless, she had no idea that I would ever like her."

They were going home after school. Max joined Layla, Iqra, Shifa and their other friends who would go home together. Zayn was with his girlfriend Sarah, he was taking her out for lunch as it was Valentine's Day.

Layla was curious as to why Max was going with them. That day, they decided to walk home, it was almost a twenty minutes walk."But you know she has rejected all the 14 boys who proposed her, including Amaan!" Max said nervously.

"Max you've kept a count of all the guys who've proposed her? Oh darn you're so whipped!" Shifa whispered and held her laughter as Iqra asked, "Wait a minute, most of the guys who asked her out never approached her again, they didn't even talk to her. Shall I assume you were behind it?" Max scratched the back of his neck and said,"Um, yeah."

After talking to her best friends, Max finally gathered the courage to confess his feelings to her.

Out of nowhere Max went to Layla's side and walked with her as her friends stopped behind, letting him do his thing.

Layla noticed Max and her heartbeat went crazy as Max was standing next to her, closest than any guy ever had. "Max, when did you come beside me?" She asked as they continued walking, not noticing that her friends were no longer walking with her.

"Layla, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for a time now," "Its, uh, quite important," he said and Layla knew what it was. 'No no no please God, it better not be what I am thinking, please!' Layla thought to herself and Max stopped walking, so did Layla. "Uh, yes?" Layla said as Max moved closer to her. "Layla I- uh,  fuck! I like you Layla, I like you a lot Layla."

"Wha- I mean, Max you're - you're joking, right?" Layla stuttered and Max shook his head.

"I'm serious Layla, I'm one hundred percent serious. I like you more than I have ever liked anybody. Will you be my girlfriend Layla?" He said, as Layla stood there, stunned by his words.

'Max Spencer just proposed me! This is a dream, it has to be! He- he's so different than me, his friend circle, my friends, his life, my life, they're all so different!' Layla thought as Max asked, "Are you okay, Lay? I- I know that you hate smoking, and so I quit it, I quit smoking for you, I stopped doing all the things you don't like, just to be worthy of you Layla."

Layla was shocked to the core after listening this. Never before has a guy done these things for her.
Quitting smoking was a big deal for Max, it was as if asking him to live without dating.

But he stopped both of them, neither did he smoke nor date any girl since the time he laid his eyes on her. All because of one girl, Layla.

"Max I- I'm sorry, you know I- I don't date, you know I never get into relationships-" "Layla trust me you won't regret it, I swear, I'll be a better man for you, I'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated, I promise," He said, bringing tears in her eyes.

"Max- I" "Why are you crying Layla? Is everything okay? Did I do something? Is it because of me? I'm sorry if I hurt you by saying anything wrong-"

"No, you- you didn't do anything wrong Max, it's- its just that I can't break your heart like this! Nobody has done this for me ever and I'm about to break the heart of the only guy who genuinely ever liked me. I'm so sorry Max, but I can't help it," Layla said and hugged Max, leaving him astonished.

This was the first time Layla ever hugged him, or any guy from their school except Zayn. He was left dumbfounded.

Deep down in his heart, he knew what Layla's
answer would be, but he wasn't ready to accept it. He chose to cling onto the little amount of hope he had that she would say 'yes' to him.

"I'm sorry Max, I really am," she said and he nodded, smiling as he said, "It's alright Layla. You know, deep down I knew what your answer would be, but then I thought what's wrong in trying. I'll be okay, I guess."

"Thank you Max, I feel so horrible for doing this to you, I'm- I'm in so much guilt," she said as he looked at her and lightly moved her head up from her chin, so that they were now looking at each other.

"Hey, I never wanted to make you feel guilty about anything. You didn't do anything wrong either. I cannot force you to be with me, and I respect your decision, I'm okay with it. But, promise me this won't affect our friendship, ever," he said and extended his pinky finger and Layla chuckled at it.

"C'mon, pinky promise?" He said and she nodded, entwining her pinky finger with his and Max smiled. "One second," Max said and moved closer to Layla, leaving inches between them. "Max, what-" "I like you Layla, I'll always do," He said and kissed Layla's forehead, towering upon her.
Layla's cheeks heated and her turned into a dark shade of crimson.

"Oh my God this sounds like a romance book straight out of wattpad! The bad boy and good girl trope, oh God!" Lexi said while laughing as Max's face laced with confusion. "Firstly, you need to stop laughing and secondly, what the hell is Wattpad?" He asked as Lexi's eye's widened in disbelief. "Spencer you don't know what Wattpad is? Are you serious? Oh God, I can't believe this! Never mind, focus on the road that's ahead of you," she said and Max shook his head before continuing to drive the car. "God this girl is going to be the death of me," he muttered under his breath and chuckled.

*    *    *    *    *
Hey lovely people!! So tell me, do you all like Max and Lexi? Aren't they the sweetest? And Max? Oh my goodness he's the sweetest guy ever! How can someone be so calm and understanding even when the girl you like rejects you?!!
Guys you seriously need to take lessons from him!
Comment down your favourite character and your fav thing about them!!

Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 612 7
in life, there will always be a happy moment. it could last for one second, two minutes, a few days, and so on. nevertheless, there will always be on...
9.7K 183 6
โ‹ž ๐Ÿน โ‹Ÿ เญจโŽฏ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โŽฏเญง ๐ŸŽ€ aspen levine is the daughter of boreas, god of the north wind. aspen was claimed two years before percy came to...
1.7K 105 17
After the last extermination, Adam survives but is cast out of Heaven and sent to Hell. Charlie encounters him and learns there's more to the story s...
3.7K 76 6
Nicole Wallace, living an amazing life, especially because she now has her dream job, and it is to be an actress. When she got a role in one of the m...