To the Moon and Back (Remus L...

By Matilda908

"How much do you love me?" "To the moon and back," The house of Payne was tough to live in. Especially when y... More

Playlist
Cast
Prologue
Gashes and Glamour
Come again?
The First First Day
The Bees Knees
Were the Wolves are
I Solemnly Swear
Catch Me If You Can!
All About The Chase
Ill Huff And Puff..
And Blow Your House Down.
New Moon
Waxing Crescent
Third Quarter
Waxing Gibbous

The Decision

8 0 0
By Matilda908

~

It had been a week since that night.

Her parents were anxiously waiting for the August full moon. It was decided that if she actually transformed and was a werewolf, she would be sent off to Hogwarts, and would live with her brother permanently.

If not, life would carry out like usual.

She had no idea why her parents were being so open to sending her away to the one place their family had forbidden for years. Hogwarts was seen as a place of foolishness and unnecessary. Why were they so willing to let her go to her brothers home as well. There had to be a twist.

An anxious atmosphere filled the house over the last week. Like tension in a balloon waiting to pop. And tonight, boy would that pop come.

Yvette hoped with all her heart that she was a werewolf. Never in her life would she think she'd be wishing for such a thing. But going to Hogwarts, living with her brother Delmar. It seemed like paradise compared to her actual life.

The irony made her smile. My knight in shining armour came in the form of a hairy and cruel werewolf. She thought, amused with how her fairytale had turned out.

Her parents had been ignoring her presence ever since that night. She sighed and swung her feet out of bed. Her father was too ashamed and disgusted that he dared touch her.

It was one thing to have his son run away with a creature. But now his daughter was one.

She wore her black dressing gown. She stumbled down the steps not nearly as careful as she usually was. Her mother walked straight past her. Shoving into Yvette's shoulder on the way.

She rubbed her boney shoulder before accepting the plate of plain toast from the eager house elf. "Thank you." She mumbled quietly. No matter how exhausted she was, she would never be impolite. A trait enforced on her by her parents.

Tonight was the night. The night that would decide everything. The past week she had been spending her time in the library. Reading countless of books on lycanthropy. She'd learnt it's an incredibly painful experience and she wouldn't have control over her wolf self.

She wondered, how am i going to live
at Hogwarts, if i'm a werewolf?

The prejudice behind these creatures was severe. From what she had researched, no child with lycanthropy had ever gone to Hogwarts.

The time was now 1:30 and she'd spent most of her morning in the library. "Madame Yvette is summoned by Mistress Scarlet." The house elf squirmed, shuffling his feet. It's obvious the house elves had been told about her recent condition.

"Thank you, for everything." She gave the little creature a warm smile and a hug. When her parents didn't give her a second look, this elf would sing her lullaby's, and feed her treats. It was like a parent to Yvette.

She walked down that same familiar hallway and was met with her 2nd eldest brothers portrait. So perfect. She thought. After the ball her brother showed his true colours. He stuck up his nose and never spoke to her again.

She reached the living room before meeting cold black eyes.

"Your friend Sirius sent you a letter." She stared down her only daughter before continuing.

"For safety precautions, you will stay in the woods tonight. If you transform, you shall not harm anyone." She spat, with great shame in her voice.

"I understand," She monotony responded. Sirius sent me a letter? The thought made her excited.

Her mother whipped out an envelope from the seat beside her and she almost gagged when Yvette's fingers touched hers.

How stupid. Yvette rolled her eyes when she turned her back from her mother. The letter was in a plain black envelope, with gold writing on the front, Yvette Payne.

She made her way to the garden and sat beneath a large tree. Bathing underneath the shade.

She opened the envelope to reveal a letter written with very beautiful handwriting;

Dear Yvette,

I'm sorry i couldn't be of much help at the ball. I know it's a dumb excuse but I found myself frozen.

But on the light side of events, I heard you're coming to Hogwarts! It's so fun and I know you are going to love it. You'll probably be sorted into Gryffindor with me as you remind me of one of my friends actually.

Speaking of my friends i told them about your arrival and they seem excited to meet you. Just saying, I have a reputation of pranking people, so don't think your immune. Also, I bet you're wondering what's going to happen to you now that you're a werewolf and everything. Knowing you, you've probably been researching the history of werewolf's at Hogwarts. Well let me tell you, those books aren't so reliable. There is a werewolf besides you at our school currently.

You'll be safe and I know you'll make lots of friends. Send my hate towards those arseholes that you call parents. And send my love to Delmar and his wife.

Love (not at all) Sirius

Yvette laughed at her idiotic friends remarks. He always knew how to make light of a situation. No matter how bad her life was. Her eyes scanned over the line again. There is a werewolf besides you at our school currently.

At least she wouldn't be alone. She wondered if she could meet this person. She'd read that transforming with another of your kind can seriously subdue the pain.

Yvette placed the letter down. Staring at the perfectly pruned garden. With only specific colours of very specific flowers. She sighed and decided to run off to her secret place.

Leaving the houses main garden, there was a very large maze. Her grandfather would apperate muggles there for fun. He enjoyed watching them run in search of an exit. They eventually died after a few days, from a very slow and painful death.

He was a horrible man. Yvette was glad she never had to meet him.

Walking into the maze, not too far down, to her left there was a specific patch of leaves. When a hand is pressed against the leaves, the vines and twigs would contort. Revealing a passageway.

She walked through this passageway, taking in the breathtaking view that this secret garden held.

Beautiful different varieties of flowers covered every inch of the walls and floor. Pinks, Blues, Yellows, Reds, Greens and Purples were splashed almost everywhere. In the middle of the garden, capturing the afternoon sun, was a giant cherry blossom tree.

Attached to this tree was a gorgeous park swing, with bows and vines crawling up the rope.

A pile of fairytale books laid in the corner next to a bush of yellow daffodils. Yvette walked over and chose the muggle story, 'Beauty and The Beast.' This was one of her favourites. The way Belle was yearning for something more than her boring life. Then to be saved and fall in-love with a beast, who's heart just needed to be mended.

She sighed, sinking into the swing. The afternoon sun projecting onto the pages of her book. If only she could just stay here, away from the world and it's problems. A girl and her garden.

~

The time was now 6:30. She had gotten extremely carried away and the sun had almost set. Yvette looked up from her book, realising how dark the garden had turned. She glanced at her pocket watch. "Merlin!" She scolded herself.

Throwing her book back in the pile she ran out of the small garden, out of the passageway, out of the maze and towards the main garden.

To her surprise her house elf was blocking the back door entrance.

"Hello, may i go in?" She spoke out of breath. The little creature shook its head. "Mistress Scarlet told me to give you these. You are to go into the forest, and if you do not transform you must come back to the house. If you do transform, do not come back till morning." He sadly told the girl. "Good luck Madame Yvette, i hope it doesn't hurt terribly." The small elf smiled at Yvette, before handing her a pile of clothes and some shoes.

She nodded, mostly from shock. "Thank you." The girl gave a genuine smile before advancing towards the thick, dark woods.

Her body started to ache all over. Sending cold beads of sweat down her neck.

Walking towards the woods all she could think of was one thing. How badly was this going to hurt?

She didn't want to imagine the pain. So she kept of walking, taking in the beauty of the nature around her. This was no doubt an enchanted forest. Little pixies zoomed around her face, flying back up to their homes amosgst the mushrooms resting on the big moss ridden oak trees.

It was like taking a big deep breath being in the wood.

The darker it got the more unsettling it was. It was a terrifying thought that soon, she would be roaming this forest as a hideous beast. She was afraid that she'd hurt something or someone.

Then the moon rose. Over the mountain in the distance there it was. So bright and beautiful. How could something so captivating, cause something so horrific.

As the moonlight hit her pale skin, a hot blinding pain strobed through her body. It felt as if all her bones were being broken, in every possible place. Then pierced through her skin, shifting into new spots. She let out a horrific shrill scream. It sounded like a child was being tortured. She sobbed and begged for the moon to stop it. She'd never experienced anything this painful.

She regretted ever wishing to be a werewolf. This was surely a curse.

~

The rest of the night was a blur. Yvette woke up in the morning light. The forest she had been so terrified of last night, looked so comforting in this new light. The morning dew dripping onto the moss covered logs. Where little magical creatures rested.

She wiped her eyes with her very dirty hand. Yvette gazed up and down her arms and legs, no wounds.

Her focus was drawn to a tingling sensation on her torso. A large deep scratch extended from her left shoulder, all the way down across her chest, to her right hip. She gasped, touching the bright red blood.

Deciding it was best for her to go home and heal this gash, she stood up. It took every strained muscle in her body to lift herself up. She cried out in pain and she stumbled across the forest. She was in so much pain.

On the outskirts of the wood, there was the pile of clothes she had left the night before. She slipped on the black sweater her mother had picked out, with the black long skirt. Yvette placed on the pair of black shoes her mother supplied her with.

She stumbled up the hill, walking into the backyard of her childhood home. Like the day before, the house elf was waiting at the back entrance. She walked up to the little elf who was just as scared as ever.

"Im so glad your alright Madame Yvette. Mistress Scarlet has sent all of your Hogwarts supplies in your room. She suggests you go prepare for your journey." The elf squeaked out.

She simply nodded with a smile. Too violently ill to respond.

This was it. I'm going to Hogwarts. She thought to herself, walking up the stairs. Her nightmare was over.

She was wondering why her parents were making these decisions. Surely there's a twist right?

Yvette turned the doorknob of what used to be her room. All of her belongings had been moved to Delmar's home. What was left was her bags for Hogwarts. A cage with a black owl in it stood beside her luggage.

She fell onto the floor and opened her suitcase in a quick demeanour.

The small injured girl pulled out vials of different potions. These would help her heal and mend her large wounds. From her extensive tutoring, Yvette had learnt a variety of healing spells.

She pulled out her wand that had been chosen for her back when she was younger. She muttered some healing incantations, filling her body with warmth. The girl then removed her sweater to reveal her large scar.

Pouring some dittany onto the open gash, she dabbed off most of the dried blood with a towel. For the past couple of days she had been stocking up on healing tools. She knew her parents wouldn't help her if she was harmed during her transformation, so she had to help herself.

The August full moon was late in the month, so she wouldn't have to sleep on the bare cold floors for a while. Only for two more days. Then she could go to Hogwarts.
___________________________

Holy cow! So our lovely lady is a she-wolf. How do we feel about that? More importantly how will Remus feel about that?

Anyways next chapter Yvette will be off to Hogwarts so be ready for all the introductions. 💋

Word count - 2212

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.9K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
252K 6.1K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
609K 13.7K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.