Rich Kid in Disguise

By ardentlee-

"Can you keep a secret?" In the world of business, a single mistake could destroy everything. That's what it... More

foreword
Disguise 1: The Escape
Disguise 2: The Non-Hale Territory
Disguise 3: The Beginning of Tiffany Williams
Disguise 4: The Clash
Disguise 5: The Recent Senior
Disguise 6: The Childhood Friend
CLARIFICATIONS
Disguise 7: The Smell of War
Disguise 8: The Royalty
Disguise 9: The Rivalry
Disguise 10: The Credibility Of Pride
Disguise 11: The Firsts
Disguise 12: The Blind Side
Disguise 14: The Long Walk
Disguise 15: The Invitation
Disguise 16: The Avoidance
Disguise 17: The Party
Disguise 18: The Complication
Disguise 18.5: The Agreement
Disguise 19: The Tandem
Disguise 20: The Note
Disguise 21: The Trepidation
Disguise 22: The Chess Pieces
Disguise 23: The Status Update
Disguise 24: The Sleepover
Disguise 25: The Crumbling Walls
Disguise 26: The Crack
Disguise 27: The Feeling
Disguise 27.5: The White Flag
Disguise 28: The Twist
Disguise 29: The Abduction
Disguise 30: The Rescuer
Disguise 30.5: The Liar
Disguise 31: The Final Choice
Disguise 32: The Broken Heart
Disguise 33: The Unneeded Guest
Disguise 33.5: The Confrontation
Disguise 34: The Inevitable
Disguise 35: The Bickering
an unforeseen tragedy.
Disguise 36: The Signals
Disguise 37: The Phone Call

Disguise 13: The Day Off

4.4K 149 15
By ardentlee-

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Day Off

Disguise 13

-Penelope's POV-

I hugged myself as I stared at the vase full of flowers, the welcoming sunlight admonishing the petals. I sighed contentedly.

"Morning, Tiffany." Natalia greeted me, stretching after she closed her door. I waved at her.

"Morning." I beamed at her, a shiver of excitement running down my spine as I thought about what'd happen today.

It was already Friday, three days since I met Chris.

Three days since Axel acted like he never met me.

I shook my head.

"Are you excited today?" Natalia asked, ushering me to the kitchen. I fiddled as I prepared coffee.

"You could say that." I muttered, heat crawling to my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Well, good luck you know." She shrugged, opening the refrigerator door with her foot before picking up the ingredients for breakfast. I breathed out a smile.

"Thanks," I mumbled. "Can I help?"

"You can," Natalia nodded and pointed at the lettuce. "By washing them."

"Aye." I grinned, saluting her. She just laughed. I obliged to her orders, a smile playing on my lips.

"By the way, we'll go shopping with the others later." Natalia told me, after I handed my completed task to her. I tilted my head and held the look of wonder.

I forgot to tell her my change of plans today.

"Others?" I questioned. She shrugged.

"Others," She said in a 'duh' tone. "Melissa, Kevin, Jeremy, Axel and us two."

It felt like my knees will unbuckle at her announcement.

Half of the royal students were the people I don't want to see.

I gulped the big lump forming in my throat.

"Oh." I muttered under my breath, fixing two cups on the counter when the smell of coffee wafted around the kitchen. I took a seat as I poured the contents to the cups. I observed Natalia humming to herself as she went to pick up some utensils. I smiled faintly.

She looked at me, tilting her head. "Is something wrong, Tiffany?"

I shook my head immediately. "No, it's nothing."

She frowned my way before returning to cooking. I pinched the bridge of my nose in irritation before I stood up and retrieved tableware necessary for us two. Once I was finished, I turned around and headed for the dining room.

"Did something happen between you and Axel?" Natalia suddenly inquired out of the blue, making me lose balance.

How did she know?

I lost grip of the tableware I was holding as I fell, my eyes instinctively closing tightly.

"Tiffany!"

The next thing I heard was the loud smashing of glass. I opened my eyes, trying to catch my breath. I saw Natalia struggling to keep me up, pulling me tightly. I balanced myself before pulling away from her.

"Thanks." I said with a strained smile. What I didn't expect next was the fact that Natalia slapped me lightly, glaring at me.

"What's wrong with you?" She seethed, crossing her arms. "You've not been yourself for three days. And I've never been given an answer!"

I avoided my gaze from her dark brown eyes as I swallowed the lump in my dry throat. I dodged her as I quickly prepared myself some water.

"Just answer me," Natalia pleaded. "Anything. Even if it's the smallest of the possible clues or hints. I'll take it. Is that a problem? Is it-"

I dropped the glass on the sink harshly, tears threatening to spill. "Please stop talking." I whimpered. Natalia obliged, silence enveloping the kitchen. The burnt smell of the breakfast soon surrounded the kitchen, making me push Natalia away.

"The breakfast's burning," I stated coldly. "Please attend to it before the fire alarm starts. I'll clean my mess."

"No, Tiffany. I'll have the cleaning service attend to it. Just go and prepare for the shopping spree." She insisted. I opened my mouth to protest but revoked my intentions when I saw her shielded orbs. I sighed, nodding before I proceeded to the expansive hall of the condo. Painful tears blurred my sight as I searched for my room, my chest heavy. I wiped my tears as I opened my door hastily. Closing the door quietly, I leaned against it as I sobbed.

That's why I never want to talk about Axel.

I shut my eyes tightly.

So much for threatening.

>>

I wrapped myself in a bathrobe as I entered the walk-in wardrobe the room has, eyeing the limited choices I have. I sighed.

Perhaps the shopping spree could do me some good.

That reminds me, I thought. I never replaced my sabotaged phone.

I dressed myself in a blue sleeveless shirt and a black leather pleated skirt that stopped just above my knee paired with black suede heeled ankle boots. Picking up my black Ray Ban sunglasses, I checked myself in the mirror.

I don't look too hideous, do I?

I combed my wavy brown hair, its contrast shaping my pale complexion. Perhaps me getting more inheritance to my mother was better than me sporting blonde hair from my Dad.

I shuddered at the thought.

Once I was finished, I exited my room only to see Natalia leaning on the wall beside her room's door. She was tapping her fingers on her elbow, closing her eyes. Her blonde hair tumbled behind her back.

"Nat." I called her. She turned her gaze my way before tilting her head.

"You don't have a bag to pair it with?"

"I don't need one." I assured her. She rolled her eyes before going back into her room.

Well, that was easy.

"Catch."

"Huh?" I asked, staring at her in confusion. My arms a black leather duffle bag. I looked at her in confusion.

"Just thank me later." Natalia said, before dragging me out of the condominium.

I would've strangled her, but her height was really staggering especially when she wore heels. I remained my composure as we entered the elevator.

Only if I wasn't 5 foot 5 and Natalia 5 foot 7.

I sighed.

-Melissa's POV-

It seriously sucks to be in between the war.

You try to stay on neutral grounds.

But end up failing anyway.

Silence kept the four of us company as we waited for the two roommates to arrive. I huffed as I hated the fact that I was too short dealing with all these guys in front of me, being my height only 5 foot 3.

I should've worn taller heels dammit.

"Melissa," Kevin called my attention. I whipped my head to his direction. "Your phone."

"What?"

"Your phone is ringing." He explained with a roll of his eyes. I mimicked him before I pulled out my phone from my purse and answering it without checking the caller ID.

"Hello, this is Melissa's voicemail. Please answer after the beep." I stated rather angrily, Jeremy and Kevin shaking their heads as they prevented the urge to laugh. I snorted.

"You answered, Melissa." Natalia sighed. "This is not her voicemail. The last time I remembered was that it was a groggy voice swearing after people disturbed her sleep."

She got that one right.

I sighed back. "Yes, Natalia my dear?" I acknowledged her, my voice sickly sweet. "I was wondering why you're very late, but we wouldn't dwell on that unless you're on your way?"

"No, we aren't yet." Natalia mumbled.

"What?" I asked in disbelief. "And what do you mean we? Oh, Natalia, I swear if you bring any boy toy with you I will end your life."

"What boy toy? No!" She exclaimed defensively. I groaned. "I was bringing Tiffany with us."

"Uh-huh?" I asked in skepticism.

"Yeah. I promise," Natalia said. "Speaking of which, do you know what's the problem of Tiffany? She's not herself lately."

Axel stopped dead in his tracks, obviously listening to our conversation. I stuck my tongue out at him before smirking knowingly.

"I wish I could tell you," I sighed dramatically, fluttering my eyelashes. "But three idiots are eavesdropping."

The accused three leaned back into their chairs, picking up their phones in sync. I rolled my eyes.

They don't need to do something stupid together if they don't want to be caught in a more dimwitted situation.

"I'm just worried," She stated. "Earlier today she broke glass tablewares and almost tripped in them unknowingly. If I haven't caught her in time, she'd be a bloody mess. Literally."

"Nice, are you practicing the role of Supergirl? I hate to break it you, but they already have an actress for her," I complimented Natalia. Replaying her words in my mind, I widened my eyes. "Tiffany tripped on glass shards?"

I could hear Natalia's groan from the other end. "Stupid, I said almost."

"Oh, good for her." I said.

"Did she bleed though?" I asked confusingly. Natalia groaned in exasperation.

"Were you listening to what I said?"

"To be honest? No." I answered casually. I could sense Axel's internal struggle to not rush over to Natalia's condo. He was trying not to overwhelm his sense of overprotectiveness to Tiffany for her sake.

I applaud him.

Not really, he's still a jerk.

"There's no point talking to you."

"I'll take that as a compliment." I grinned slyly.

"Tell them I'm sorry I'm late." Natalia said, sighing in resignation.

"I have a lazy bum so you tell them later, okay?" I told her. "But I'd tell them that if you don't include Tiffany to our spree."

"Is that a blackmail?" Natalia scoffed through the phone. "At least tell me why."

"Just a hunch," I shrugged casually. "I mean, shouldn't you let the girl prepare for her date?"

And then I got reminded of Tiffany's words.

"Don't tell anyone about my date with Chris unless I tell them so."

"Oops." I muttered, twirling a lock of my brown hair as I batted my eyelashes innocently. They widened their eyes.

"WHAT?!"

They spurted many comments in unison at the announcement.

Sorry Tiffany.

I told you it's hard to stay on neutral grounds.

>>

I stayed away from the three idiots as far as possible, waiting for the two duchesses who seem to take half of the day to get to the rendezvous which is just 5 minutes away when walking.

That's exaggeration, the guys could reach that time span, Tiffany and Natalia twice as much, with me eight times as much.

I thank God for these short legs.

Not.

"Natalia!" I could hear Tiffany's voice of protest nearby.

Oh, thank goodness. I was afraid I was going to turn into a dwarf.

As soon as I spotted Tiffany, I hugged her. "Tiffany!" I cried, sobbing theatrically. "You took your time."

"Gosh, drama queen. I'm sorry, okay?" Tiffany apologized. "It wasn't entirely my fault Natalia forgot her phone."

"Ha," Natalia scoffed. "It wasn't like you didn't forget something either."

"Whatever." Tiffany and I said in unison. We high-fived.

See? We're a better match made in heaven.

I'm sorry Natalia, but I really am not. Sorry, I mean.

I pulled Tiffany away from her roommate, sticking my tongue out. "By the way, nice outfit. Did Natalia pick it out for you?"

Tiffany frowned. "No, picked them myself."

I nodded. "Well, it's pretty."

She smiled at me. "Thanks."

"Well, you're kinda forgetting we're here." Kevin remarked. I snorted.

"I really forgot about you." I said, causing Tiffany to giggle at my tone.

"Hello, Williams." Jeremy smirked, raising an eyebrow at the brunette beside me. She smiled mischievously.

"Ford," She acknowledged, nodding his way. "I do hope you were taking the advice I gave you."

"What advice?" Jeremy scrunched his eyebrows. Tiffany looked at him as if Jeremy was stupid.

Not that he wasn't, of course.

"I'm just kidding, Williams." Jeremy grinned at her, pulling her into a headlock. Tiffany, without a defense tactic, widened her eyes as she tried to tackle Jeremy with her useless moves.

Don't tell her I said that.

"Let me go, Ford!" She barked. Jeremy chuckled with a shake of his head.

"Did something happen to you two while we are turning our backs?" I asked. The two became self-aware that we were around, and they separated with big distance. Tiffany stuck her tongue out at Jeremy.

"Nope." They answered simultaneously. I narrowed my eyes when I felt dark aura emanating somewhere.

"I have an appointment to go to. Please continue without me." Axel announced, walking away. We just stared at his retreating back. After that, we all shared glances before looking at Tiffany.

"L-Let's just continue." Tiffany diverted her gaze, her stance uncomfortable as she waited for us to move. I nodded before catching her hand.

"Dibs on her." I announced, grinning. Natalia scoffed.

"Unfair!" She complained. "We're roommates!"

"Still the same as before. Girls then boys." Kevin said after being silent. I scowled.

"We both don't love Natalia so leave her be."

"No, it's fine." Tiffany looked at me in a reassuring way. I briefly closed my eyes and sighed.

"Fine."

Natalia stuck her tongue out at me before catching up to us.

But then again, royal students never knew the concept of personal space.

We separated from the guys when we agreed on the place we'll meet and what time. All those times I never broke hold of Tiffany.

"I'm sorry," I apologized to her. She stared at me in curiosity. "I told them you had a date."

Tiffany chuckled. "No worries. They were bound to know anyway. Plus, I was kind of wondering how your self-control will hold."

I pouted at her. "You don't have trust in me."

"You can't blame me," She replied. "We just met three days ago."

"Four days ago." I corrected her. She nodded. I grinned.

"Now, let's enjoy shopping for your date later."

She smiled faintly, making me frown.

"Don't mind me," She waved me off when she noticed my expression. "I was just thinking about the date as well."

"Call me amazing but I know you're lying." I told her.

Her eyebrow twitched, though I don't know how that's possible.

She snorted a laugh. "Look, I know it's a bad time for this date considering how you just got Axel into an argument on the same day, but let this forget your dickhead of a best friend." I continued. She snickered.

I could totally pass for a life guru.

"Thanks," She mumbled. "For everything."

"No need to get mushy now, your roommate is getting her wrinkles." I assured her. She laughed.

See?

"Just what are the two of you talking about?"

"We were talking about the sky," I retorted. "Take a hint, Coulson."

Natalia rolled her eyes.

-Penelope's POV-

The three of us were getting along well.

The problem is, they don't want me to leave by their side.

I looked like I was a child with two mothers.

Natalia provided me the phone I desperately needed, telling me that I'll just pay her later. Melissa got me the smoothie I was craving, commanding me that I should not share with Natalia.

On second thought, we aren't getting along well.

"Where should we go next?" I asked. Natalia and Melissa shared a glare.

"You need more clothes," Natalia told me. "I mean, I hope I'm not offending but mingling with us means—"

"Wait up, Nat. We need food." Melissa argued, making Natalia roll her eyes.

"You just ate." She said.

"And by just, you meant an hour ago which was the time I was still waiting for you to arrive. You owe me." Melissa defended. Natalia narrowed her eyes.

"You may have been born with a slim figure but clothes go first."

"Food should."

"Clothes."

"Look, food costs lesser and won't take long to get." Melissa stated, crossing her arms. Natalia scoffed.

"But even if clothes take forever and costs more, you can use it anytime." Natalia pointed out in a matter-of-fact, placing her hands on her hips.

"But still—"

"How about this," I interrupted their fight. "We'll go to the boutiques first—"

"Tiffany!" Melissa pouted as I raised my index finger to shush her.

"Let me finish," I reprimanded her. "And let Nat's stylist deal with me. Meanwhile, you could rummage through more clothes or hunt some food. Got it?"

They hesitated for a moment before nodding. Natalia took me to one of her family business' boutiques, waving at all the staff.

I don't get it why she still has to shop.

"Where's Lana?" Natalia asked the cashier on duty.

"I believe she's still in the staff room, Miss Coulson." The woman answered politely.

"Please tell her that I need her expertise as soon as possible." Natalia ordered. The woman— who was named Josie based on her nameplate, nodded and whispered amongst one of the staff. The attendant nodded in understanding before entering the elegant door, shutting it behind her.

That was the staff room's door?

We took a seat, patiently waiting for this 'Lana' to arrive. Moments later, a woman in her early thirties exited the staff room. She was elegantly dressed, suddenly making me self-conscious.

Jeez, I may be a Hale but I was used to Myrna.

Myrna was my stylist ever since I hit 10. She taught me the different means of fashion.

Makes all the reasons why I should love her.

"Lana!" Natalia exclaimed. Lana grinned and hugged Natalia, sharing pleasantries.

"Hello, my dear." Lana greeted.

"Lana, meet Tiffany Williams. She's my roommate, and needs new clothes," Natalia told her. I waved uneasily to Lana, and Lana responded with a shocked expression. "Please take care of her."

"S-S-Such beauty," Lana stammered, making me gulp in nervousness. "Of course, I will take care of her."

"Great!" Natalia beamed.

"But," I interrupted Natalia's triumph. "Promise me that I'll still wear what I picked out for me today. Whatever fits me will just be sent to the condo."

Natalia gaped at me in disbelief as I sent her a look of determination. Lana chuckled behind me.

"Yes, I promise. Now let's go," Lana stated. "Do you want a specific time to finish?"

I frowned. "A quarter to four will be good."

"Alright, if you say so." Lana said.

"Thanks."

>>

I let out an exhausted sigh as I sat down the mall's benches. I was feeling awfully tired after that shopping with Natalia. I knew that somehow we'll be continuing the shopping spree, but I don't know if my legs are still up to that challenge.

I looked at my phone. It was five minutes before four, yet Melissa was nowhere to be found.

I remembered having the both of them punching in their numbers.

"Someone seems tired." A voice remarked, making me whip my head to the direction. I briefly closed my eyes to attain my irritation at the owner of the voice.

Jeremy Ford.

"Are you having regrets in bonding with Natalia?" He asked, leaning back casually on the far end of the bench I was sitting.

"Not really," I answered honestly. "Just peachy after that shopping."

"She shouldn't tire you out, after all you've got a date with Chris."

I rolled my eyes. "And now you care?"

"Yes. In fact," He paused, suddenly moving towards me. My instincts got the best of me and pulled back every time he inched closer. "I do. All the time." He added in a whisper, his breath fanning over my face.

I wanted to throw up.

My subconscious tutted.

Lies, lies and look, more lies.

"Where's the proof then?" I inquired, pushing him away as I crossed my arms. I stretched my left arm, checking my nails out. "Because I don't know about you, but you've been— what's that word again? A jerk lately."

He snorted. "Maybe that's because you're too busy interfering that lovey-dovey session of Axel and Natalia." He remarked, trying to mimic a girl's voice. I raised an eyebrow in question.

He knows about that?

I shook my head and composed myself. "Me? Why would I be—"

"Give me your phone," He ordered, cutting me off. I glared at him. He tilted his head to the side. "You want proof of my kindness, remember?"

I scoffed. "And then what? I'll thank you for your kindness in smashing my phone to pieces? No thank you."

He scowled at me. "I don't do that."

I stared at him as if daring him, narrowing my eyes. He groaned in disbelief before snatching my phone from my grasp. I gasped as shock and anger ran through my veins.

"Give me my phone back." I hissed, reaching my arms out as he dodged my attempts. I let out a huff as he punched in a number. I widened my eyes.

Oh no, he won't dare.

"Don't you have a phone to pester wi—" I let out a mewl of protest as Jeremy's hand covered my mouth, my sentence nothing but muffled noises. I narrowed my eyes, prying to take his arm off of me.

"Is this Chris?" Jeremy asked through the phone, purposely loud to annoy me. I took a sharp breath as I slapped his hand away with so much force.

He didn't seem to bother.

"This is Jeremy." He looked up the floor's ceiling, his face showing boredom. I pushed him in attempt to move his hand away from me.

I wanted him to give me distance, he was too close for my comfort.

"Yes," He replied with a roll of his eyes. I stomped on his foot, making him glare at me. I rolled my eyes in return. "She's cancelling."

I widened my eyes in horror at what he just said. "Excuse me?" I said through his hand, my words barely recognizable. With all my might, I sabotaged him with physical attacks as I continued to remove his hand from me and my phone.

"Better luck next time then." He said, hiding a smirk as he ended the call. He grinned evilly as he recovered his hand that was clinging to my mouth. I let out an exasperated groan.

"What did you think did you just do?" I seethed, my reaction making him grin wider. I felt my anger enlarging at the amusement printing on his face.

"Showing kindness," He answered. I clenched my fists. "See? I didn't break your phone."

He caught my arm that was attempting to punch his chest. He smiled at me as he pulled me closer with the arm he held in his grasp, the proximity of our faces making my breath hitch. As heat crawled up my cheeks, he chuckled lightly.

"Guess we're stuck together, aren't we?"

Author's Note:

*blushes*

*clutches heart*

I think my heart officially stopped.

Jeremy is so smooth, isn't he?

And it also looks like Penelope isn't so immune to his charms. *wink* But hey, who won't love Jeremy anyway?

Kudos to all the Teremy shippers! Longest chap for you!

Next chapter teaser: A kindling (kinda) friendship occurs as Jeremy replaces Chris to be Tiffany's date. (Not that Tiffany knows of course. ;D)

Any theories about NaXel's relationship status? Which side of Natalia do you believe in? The side where Penelope sees, or the side Axel sees?

And most especially, who liked Melissa's point of view?

In case of confusion, Melissa's phone call with Natalia took place when Penny was in her room preparing.

Comment all your thoughts and we'll see if it's true!

And don't forget to vote this and share!

Shopping sprees and jealousy,

Lyana. (Harharhar)

p.s: Why did Lana stutter when she saw Penelope?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 22.3K 65
Everyone has at least one secret, right? But what happens when the most dangerous ones are revealed? The life of the girl behind the mask will be tu...
30.3K 925 45
Violet Iris Rowan, 25, grew up in a poor neighborhood in New York, with her sister and mom. Her mother worked multiple jobs to keep a roof over her d...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
882 157 40
"You're my little blue bird" ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ Oliver Cunningham Jr, he loves psychology and the mind, and what it can make someone do. Yet, he...