A God's Last Death

By AlexandraLing2000

๐—” ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ถ ๐—™๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ In a slowly dying city completely cut off from the rest of the world, anyone turning... More

๐˜ˆ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ'๐˜ด ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด
๐™‹๐™ง๐™ค๐™ก๐™ค๐™œ๐™ช๐™š
๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š
No, Thank You
A Crack on the Wall
'T' is for Trauma
Knock, Knock: Who's There?
Fellas, I Shot a Man
Oh, Crap
Hunting Time
In the Footsteps of a Light-Footed Ghost
Now Would Be a Good Time to Call the Cops
Dancing With the Devil
Why What How
Unsuccessfully Evading Responsibility
Help Me
Playing With Fire
As Straight As a Circle
Aftermath
Welcome to the Family
Broken Ribs Poke Our Lungs
SECOND STAGE
๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค
Question Marks
Creases on the Bed Sheets
Emotions? How About No
On the Clock
Stakeout
Healing Wounds
Velvet Night
Empty Coffins Are the Heaviest
The Sound of Truth
THIRD STAGE
What Now?
Fear of Tomorrow
Footsteps in the Night
I'm Making New Friends
Connecting the Dots

FIRST STAGE

11 4 0
By AlexandraLing2000

Thursday, 4th of September 2031

I am one of the lucky ones. I got to sit in my car, turn on the heating and drive to work while many can't. No, not because they don't have a car, but because they can't take it anymore, at least according to the new law. I felt bad as I watched the swarm of people rushing through the streets for the first time, all sweaty and impatient, some catching the bus, some running for the metro, some brave enough to cycle, and then I scolded myself for caring that much. They will survive.

I got my nails done today, a bright purple this time. It matches my new Louis Vuitton shoes. Martha, the woman who was supposed to do my nails was late. She had to walk all the way from her house due to the new law, she said. I am very lucky that my job is far enough and that I am allowed to take my car, she said. I smiled and reassured her it was okay, but when I pushed the door open to leave, I knew I wouldn't step foot in that shop again.

To be honest, I like it more this way. The roads were wide open, there was less traffic, less loud drivers ruining my morning. The air was sweeter, the birds audible, and a slower pace settled in the city. But I guess others might hold a different opinion.

Humans are funny. They really thought paper straws would save them. How naive of them. I can't wait to see what their reaction will be when they realise that this is only the beginning. Because there will be new laws coming, and I fear they won't like them at all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 273 70
All my life, no one ever made me happy, no one ever seemed perfect enough for me to die for, no one looked more handsome than him and there is no one...
109 13 13
In the depths of fragile hearts lie unspoken desires, concealed emotions, and a delicate dance between friendship and longing. Step into the world of...
Enough to Kill For By BluRein

Mystery / Thriller

2K 160 32
*ONGOING - Bi-weekly on Thursdays* Tristan Bell, a graduate student, never thought he would find himself in the middle of a series of murders due to...
50 2 8
Elliot Grey is fresh out of the hospital, with no friends, no life, and in the center of a miserable custody battle, and to top it all off, his best...