The Assistant

By dbuzzfanfic

After getting a phone call from her cousin, Y/N, is offered an assistant job to an A-Lister Celebrity. Altho... More

Chapter one - The Call
Chapter two - unexpected interview
Chapter three- First day
Chapter four - the first day pt 2
Chapter five - the boyfriend
Chapter six - the Olsen trio
Chapter seven- The After party
Chapter nine - square one
Chapter ten - NYC
Chapter eleven - Roses birthday
Chapter twelve - distant memories
Chapter thirteen - exploring the city
Chapter fourteen- Exploring the city pt.2
Chapter fifteen - back to reality
Chapter sixteen- Old friends
Chapter seventeen- Its Party Time!
Chapter eighteen - oops?

Chapter eight- New surroundings

498 19 1
By dbuzzfanfic

Elizabeth's POV:
Y/n and I make our way back to her car, and start to head to her apartment. I keep my head turned towards the window, looking out at the unfamiliar terrain, even though it's now dark, the streets are well lit. Around 20 minutes had passed and y/n was now turning into what looked like an underground car park, we soon came to a halt. My mind was still hazy from all the alcohol, so it wasn't until I heard "are you coming?", that y/n had already gotten out of the car and opened the door for me, like she usually does. He doesn't even do that.
She rolls her eyes playfully at the lack of my response, next thing I know, her dainty but surprisingly strong hands grip my waist and lifts me up out of the car and onto my feet. I can't help but fixate towards the feeling of her hands on my waist, wondering why there's a fluttery feeling flowing through my body. It must be the alcohol still lingering.
"Miss Olsen can you walk?" Y/n asks me tentatively.
"Uhh let's see"I reply. I take a step and good I can walk again. Next thing I know I'm on the floor, with y/n chuckling at me whilst picking me up again.

"Miss Olsen jump on my back". I comply without any resistance, because the high heels are killing me, and she trudges her way towards the elevator. She clicks the button for the eighth floor and we arrive shortly. Y/n carries me towards her front door, and unlocks it.

I'm now placed on the floor and I take a few steps forward and observe the space in-front of me. It's so cosy. Warm lighting radiates throughout the whole apartment, with an open plan living room and kitchen, with a breakfast bar. In the living room there's an L shaped sofa, tv- and cabinet, and a gorgeous upright piano with an acoustic guitar next to it on a stand. Her home really is beautiful. I walk towards the fake fireplace and pick up the photo frame of what looks to be a young y/n, smooshed between her mother and father, all of them sticking their tongues out at the camera. Cute. The next photo consists of her and her cousin Charlotte, both of them smiling, however my eyes seem to only focus on y/n, and her perfectly created face.
"Are you done being nosey Miss Olsen" y/n smirked. I scoff at her remark,
"I was not being nosey y/n, I was just intrigued that's all. You have a lovely apartment by the way, I love your piano, it's beautiful" I hummed.
"Thank you, that was the first thing I put in here. I didn't care for a bed, sofa or tv, I just wanted my piano." She stated whilst looking quite emotional at it. I fear I may have delved into a touchy subject.
"Miss Olsen whilst you were snooping I laid out some pyjamas- well a T-shirt and shorts that you can wear that will certainly be more comfortable than the dress your wearing"
I nod " thank you y/n, I'll go get changed then".
I quickly get changed, not without making sure my dress is neatly folded. And come back into the living room to find her setting a make shift bed on the sofa.

"Thank you, for letting me stay here by the way, but you don't need to make the sofa look all posh I'm fine with just a blanket and a pillow" y/n tilts her head in confusion before saying,
" no the sofa is for me, your taking the bed tonight, after all you are my guest." She insists but, me being me, and still a little drunk, I simply reply "no." Y/n however was having none of this so she stood up straight grabbed my shoulders,gently, and started pushing me back towards her bedroom, and finally stopped when the back of my knees hit the bed.
"Good night Miss Olsen" she smiled cheekily. And shut the door.
I guess I'm staying here then.

My eyes flutter open, and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Where the fuck am I. I start to internally panic and quickly lift the duvet off my body. Phew I'm fully clothed. Wait, that's a cute shirt. My eyes dart around the room trying to see whether I've been here before. Nope. I sigh and begin to sit in silence for a few minutes. However my silence was interrupted by the soft playing of a piano, and someone humming a melody. Wow.
I get out of the bed and open the door and my eyes widen at the sight. Y/n sitting in her pyjamas at her piano, scribbling stuff down in what looks like a notebook. I stay silent, leaning on the doorframe.
She starts playing a few chords over and over again, trying different ways of arranging them with arpeggios, and different chord inversions (a/n iykyk- I play piano so yah). Then I hear her start to sing.
(Promise by Laufey)

I made a promise
To distance myself
Took a flight, through aurora skies
Honestly, I didn't think about
How we didn't say goodbye
Just see you very soon
It hurts to be something
It's worse to be nothing with you, mmm

So I didn't call you
For sixteen long days
And I should get a cigarette
For so much restraint
No matter how long I resist temptation
I will always lose
It hurts to be something
It's worse to be nothing with you
I've done the math
There's no solution
We'll never last
Why can't I let go of this?

That was probably the most incredible song I've ever heard. "What's it called?" I say making my presence known. However y/n definitely didn't know I was here as she falls off the piano stool onto her ass "fucking hell miss Olsen, stop being sneaky" she screams. And I burst out laughing as she stands and recovers herself. "Sorry not sorry. And you didn't answer my question miss l/n, what's it called" I ask interested in the masterpiece she's created.
She smiles before replying "I'm thinking of a title, leaning towards promise. I wrote it when me and Florence split up, but I haven't played it in a while, that's why I was playing around with the chords, I forgot how the melody went for a minute" she chuckles making my lips turn upwards.
"Enough about me Olsen, do you a headache?" She asks me, and I nod my head in response, and she makes her way over to the kitchen pulling out her first aid box, and coming back to me with a glass of water and two ibuprofens.
"Take these miss these should help" she assured me and I say a quick thank you. And I put the glass in her sink. We remain in a comfortable silence before y/n speaks up.

"How does breakfast sound?"

Y/Ns pov

"Yes please can, we make pancakes. I love pancakes." Miss Olsen exclaimed happily. She seems to be in a good mood this morning despite having a hangover. We start to gather all the ingredients before miss Olsen asks "y/n where do you keep the flour?" And I walk towards her opening the cupboard right above her head, and she giggles cutely, however her giggling dies down when I place my hand on her waist whilst reaching the flour on my tiptoes , and I can hear her breath hitch at the close proximity of us, I too hold in my breath trying to ignore the sparks shooting up my hands and grab the flour with my left hand and place it down, however I don't move my position, "Miss Olsen?" I ponder.
"Hm" she hums snapping out of her trance.
"What would you like on your pancakes?" I ask with a small smirk, seeing that she's blushing by our closeness. But she seems to glaze her expressions rather quickly, and turns her body towards me, with my hand still on her waist she whispered "you." My jaw dropped to the floor
"What- are you  sure wait what do you mean" I stammered in utter disbelief.
The she bursts out laughing. This bitch.
"Oh my god y/n you should have seen your face you look like a tomato. Your gay heart must be beating so fast" she teases me, and I roll my eyes at her.
"You're mean you know that right Olsen?" Not denying anything because she looked so sexy with those words falling from her mouth.
"Boo hoo y/n, get used to it. Shall we make these pancakes then. I'm starving. And to answer your question, I like blueberries" she smiles and we quickly get to work.

We eat our pancakes in comfortable silence enjoying the quietness of the morning. Miss Olsen insists of washing up, however I make a deal with her, she washes and I dry them and put it all back.
"Right I think it's time for me to go home now y/n, I need to attend to my garden" she tells me and I nod, getting her a bag to put her clothes from last night in. I lend Miss Olsen some sliders, and we make our way to my car.

The ride to her house was unfortunately too short for my liking, and we arrive there after a bunch of small talk. Miss O, turns to me and thanks me "thank you y/n I really appreciated you coming with me, I wouldn't have even made it in if it wasn't for you. And also thank you for looking after me when I got battered. I will wash your clothes and give them back as soon as I next see you" she breathes out and gives me a tight lipped smile.
"It was my pleasure, I had a fun evening yesterday, you took me to my first ever fashion show, and I met your sisters. Also don't worry about the clothes, keep them they looked much nicer on you anyways" I reply with a wink, and a small smile creeps onto her face. Score, she is finally warming up to me, it only took nearly a month.

I get out of the car and open her door, and I take her to the front door. Where she sees that it's unlocked and she waves and walks through it, into her home. I stand there gathering my thoughts, however after about thirty seconds of standing in her driveway I start hearing shouting, no screaming coming from both Miss Olsen and Robbie, I tilt my head in thought, wanting to just open the door and diffuse the tension. But I refrain from this and trudge back to my car, knowing it's not my place to interfere with their relationship.

A/n sorry this is kinda all over the place I'm tired lol, it's sort of a filler chapter yknow, anyways I hope you're all okay love yas

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 45.1K 60
Y/N has a huge crush on one of her regular customers. She owns a coffee shop in New York City and because of it's low key vibe she sometimes get's ce...
319K 10.1K 26
Y/n is an aspiring musician who spends her days fetching coffee and scheduling meetings for A-list celebrity, Elizabeth Olsen, and her nights perform...
149K 4.9K 25
(Y/N) is a vampire, she wasn't searching for love or anything else. She just wanted peace for herself, but will it be that way or is something else c...
1.3M 39.2K 61
Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she escapes to Central Park to get away from wo...