House of Chaos ~FemaleOC x Jo...

Galing kay Strange_Lad

Meet Max Wilson, a girl who decided to pretend to be a boy after she couldn't be accepted into the school as... Higit pa

House of Secrets/Attitude/Black Bird/Dares/Lies
House of Locks/House Of Eyes
House of Agendas/House of Keys
House of Discovery/House of Hyper
House of Chaos/House of Rumors
House of Intruders/House of Proof
House of Confrontation/House of Alarms
House of Flames/House of Passages
House of Kidnap/House of Cat-Nap
House of Cameras/House of Numbers
House of Scares/House of Fakers
House of Identity/House of Emergency
House of Reunion/House of Memories
House of Drama/House of Codes
House of Rendezvous/House of Rescue
House of Arrest/House of Hoax
House of Time/House of Aliens
House of Masks/House of Pursuit
House of Yesterday/House of Victory
House of Bribes/House of Venom
House of Stars/House of Harsh
House of Lights/House of Allegiance
House of Pests/House of Betrayal
House of Revelation/House of Heavy

House of Hush/House of Spies/House of Sting/House of Never/House of Forever

22 0 0
Galing kay Strange_Lad

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Nina shrieked as Rufus tugged on her arm to pull himself out of the passageway. He wrestled against the three, eventually shoving them away and bolting.

"Oh my God, Jerome!" Max hugged him tightly, tears rushing down her cheeks in both relief and fear.

Jerome held onto her; a small smile formed on his lips. "He's gone now, it's alright..."

Alfie and Fabian came into the kitchen after Victor told everyone to go to bed.

"This better be worth it." Jerome grumbled, handing the piece over to Nina.

"Thank you Jerome...I'm just sorry Rufus got away..." Nina told him sadly.

Max bit her lip. "We'll figure something out."

"You better." Jerome snapped, finally letting go of Max to glare at them all. "I have kept my side of bargain, now you keep yours. Protect me from Rufus, or I'm going to the teachers myself." He stormed off.

~~~

The next day at breakfast, they were trying to figure out what to do. Rufus still thinks Jerome has the puzzle piece.

"Maybe we could try putting the pieces together again." Jerome frowned.

"We're going to tonight, in the meantime, keep stringing Rufus along." Nina told him, making him nod weakly.

Just then they heard screaming, and Amber came by and announced someone messaged her online, clearly wanting to be her date to the prom.

~~~

Everyone met up at school, Rufus still trusted Jerome, but before he could tell them anything class began.

~~~

Later that evening Amber was trying to teach Mick how to dance for the prom.

"I have no idea what I'm doing." He groaned.

Max laughed. "It's easy, here." She offered him her hand.

Mick raised an eyebrow.

"Just do it." She rolled her eyes.

Mick took her hand and she lead him through the moves, spinning him around and dipping him.

"Wow, I didn't know you could dance." Amber beamed.

"Gonna be dipping Trixie like that?" Jerome teased.

Max snorted. "Sure if I wanna get my face ripped off."

Alfie came rushing in and whispered for her and Jerome to follow, so they hurried off to Nina's room.

~~~

"It won't work." Jerome frowned as they messed with the pieces.

Nina scowled. "We haven't even done anything yet."

"I'm telling you, you'll never do it." He snapped.

"Jerome, watch us." Fabian hissed.

They tried to put the pieces together, but the entire house shook, the lights flickered and finally the pieces burned bad enough to make everyone drop them. The moment they dropped, the house went back to normal.

"It's not the right time." Jerome insisted.

Max frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Look, I will tell you guys everything Rufus told me, but in exchange I want one thing." He told them.

Patricia scoffed. "We don't have any money-"

"Actually," Jerome snapped, before suddenly growing shy. "...I just want in." He mumbled. "To your gang."

"You want to be a Sibuna?" Nina questioned in disbelief.

Jerome nodded. "You guys tell me everything, and...and I'll do the same."

Sibuna looked at each other, gaging one and other's feelings on the news. Nina, Fabian and Patricia looked...skeptical, but Alfie was clearly all for it.

And so was Max.

Max grinned at him. "Welcome to the gang."

Jerome beamed at her and got down on the floor with them. "Okay, according to Rufus, the cup can only be made on a special date, once every 25 years, and that date is coming very soon."

"Soon? Do you have anything more specific?" Nina deadpanned.

He winced. "...No..."

"Still, this is important." Max frowned, making them look at her. She swallowed hard. "Once every 25 years...we've only got one shot."

~~~

The next day at breakfast, Nina told the others about a dream she had about Sarah, who claimed to have given Nina a present.

"So this ring is like...a hope meter?" Jerome questioned, holding up Max's hand to stare at the ruby ring.

She nodded. "Yup."

"And if it goes black?" Jerome asked.

Max bit her lip. "Nina's locket shatters."

Alfie and Max had kind of taken on the role of filling Jerome in on everything, but he was still struggling to keep up with it all.

"Jerome can I speak with you for a moment?" Amber questioned.

Shrugging, Jerome went over to talk to her on the couch.

A few moments later Jerome burst into laughter and claimed Amber asked him to the prom, which she quickly denied with disgust.

Everyone headed to school.

~~~

Later that day, Nina called everyone to Jerome and Alfie's room. She caught Jerome trying to steal the puzzle pieces.

"Jerome, are you with us or not!?" Max exclaimed angrily. "You wanted to be a Sibuna!"

"I do!" He insisted weakly. "Look Rufus he...he showed up again." Their eyes widened. "A-And he just grabbed me and threatened me." He looked down at his lap. "He gave me a deadline."

The others hesitated at this. It was hard to blame him when they knew he has reason to be afraid.

"Okay look, if we can't build the cup, then at the very least we need to wait out the time, then we'll have another 25 years." Nina commented.

Fabian dug through Sarah's box and found a star map, but he didn't know any of the constellations. He and Nina left to research it.

"What I don't understand is how Rufus plans to put it together in the first place." Jerome frowned. "He said that it can't be made by just anyone. It had to be like, a specific person from a specific bloodline or born on a specific day."

Max's eyes widened. "Someone Chosen..." She whispered. She, Patricia and Alfie shared a knowing look.

~~~

Thanks to the map, Fabian figured out the date and time of when the cup needed to be built. It had to be built at midnight, the night of the prom, and it had to be made by Joy; the Chosen One.

Jerome vowed to never go near Rufus again, but Rufus still threatened him over text.

~~~

Later that day back at the house, Fabian and Mick came to Max asking for a favor.

"Pfft, alright but you have to follow my instructions to the letter." She grinned, crossing her arms.

She took them out to the living room.

"Alright, Mick grab his waist." Max told him.

Mick reluctantly placed a hand on Fabian's waist and the other in his hand.

Max counted for them as they went through the steps, actually doing pretty well.

But when Mick dipped him, the others in the room made themselves known by clapping and Mick dropped him.

~~~

The next morning at breakfast, Fabian and Max were mumbling about something when Nina came in. "Morning."

"Nina!" Fabian yelped, eyes wide.

Max gave him a look, and then did some weird gestures. Fabian nodded weakly.

"Oh man, I could really use a face full of toast." Max grinned awkwardly and bolted into the kitchen.

She heard Fabian fumble over his words and rolled her eyes. They literally practiced this!

Then Patricia came in, so Max bolted into the room and grabbed her arm. "Patricia come discuss prom attire with me!" She dragged her to the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Patricia frowned.

"Fabian is trying to ask Nina to the prom and he keeps messing it up." Max groaned. "So I'm making him get it done."

Patricia chuckled. "You really are like a sister to him." Max smiled a little at that.

They heard Nina say yes and went back out to eat breakfast.

"Finally!" Max sighed with relief. "I thought I was gonna have to ask for you." She joked.

Fabian nudged her playfully and started eating.

Just then, they heard Amber scream and ran to see what happened.

Apparently she accidentally ordered a doll's dress instead of her prom dress. Meaning she had nothing to wear for the occasion.

~~~

Max combed her hair back, it was slicked with gel. "Well? What do you think?" She turned to Fabian and Mick.

Mick shrugged. "Good enough for Patricia."

"You look great, Max." Fabian smiled.

She was wearing a simple tux, one that matched Fabian's.

"Yes we all look great, how do you do a tie!?" Mick groaned.

Max laughed and tied it for him.

The three headed out of the room as Alfie rushed by to go upstairs with a dress in hand.

Patricia, Nina and Mara came down at that moment, looking like absolute queens in their dresses.

"You, look positively lovely." Max grinned, taking Patricia's hand and kissing the back of it.

Patricia smirked. "Not so bad yourself," She leaned close and whispered to her. "I bet Joy would love to see a photo." Max blushed.

"Wow..." Fabian breathed, still in a daze seeing Nina, along with Mick seeing Mara. But then he frowned. "Wait, where's prom queen Millington?"

The girls winced a little, explaining that they couldn't find a dress that would please her so she was refusing to go.

Trudy came by and practically cried at how grown up they all looked, and then gave Patricia a letter that had been delivered.

Just then, Amber came downstairs dressed up and ready for prom, making them all cheer. It turned out that Alfie was her secret admirer, and he also got her the dress back, which Jerome had stolen to play a prank on her.

The letter to Patricia turned out to be a message from Joy in mirror writing, telling them to meet her in the history classroom before prom.

~~~

They went to the classroom and found Jason there waiting for Miss Robinson, but he got suspicious of Patricia's large bag and asked to check its contents.

But before he could, the door slammed shut, making them all turn to stare at what had done it.

"Red Suhtek Sand Flies, very rare, quite vicious, and certainly deadly." Rufus told them, holding up the hourglass full of flies. Max and the others paled in horror as they realized their situation. "Now everyone do as I say or I break this glass. You," He gestured to Fabian. "Get the blinds. You," He looked at Max. "Go against that wall by yourself," He looked towards the wall with the whiteboard, which a shaking Max hesitantly went up against. "The rest of you against that wall. Leave that there." He told Jason, pointing to the bag.

Very reluctantly, Jason sat the bag down.

"Now you go get me the elixir and the Chosen One. I want them here in one hour or I break this glass." Rufus told him.

"You're insane." Jason breathed.

Rufus just smiled. "Very observant. Now go."

Jason left the classroom and Rufus locked it shut with a key. "Sorry Patricia, I'm afraid that message wasn't from Joy."

He went to the bag, and expected to pull out the Ankh pieces, but to his shock and horror, all he found was water bottles.

Furiously, he went over to Max with the hourglass, sneering down at her. "Where are my Ankh pieces?"

Max trembled uncontrollably as she stared up at him with pure fear. How could this man actually be her great uncle? How could she and William be related to such a monster?

"Did you really think we'd really be stupid enough to carry them with us on today of all days, knowing everyone is after them?" Nina hissed, getting his attention.

Rufus clicked his tongue. "You gave them to Joy, didn't you? You understand she's part of this, she wants the cup just as much as everyone else, you have played straight into their hands!"

"That's not true!" Max hissed, eyes wide with terror.

"It's not, he's playing you!" Jerome chimed in angrily.

Rufus scoffed. "Oh really? Well thanks for telling me about the planned meet up Jerome, you've been a very useful spy."

"I DID NOT TELL YOU CREEP!" Jerome nearly tackled him, but Fabian held him back. "I SWEAR I DIDN'T DOUBLE CROSS YOU GUYS, NOT THIS TIME. MAX!" He looked over to her pleadingly.

Max smiled weakly. "It's okay Jerome, I know you didn't."

"Joy's on our side and you know it," Nina hissed. "That's why you knew we'd be meeting her today."

Just then, Max's phone rang, but Rufus took it before she could answer it and saw it was Joy who called.

"Call her back and tell her to meet you here with the pieces." Rufus demanded.

Max gritted her teeth as she debated on what to do.

But then Rufus slammed the hourglass close to her head, making her eyes widen. "These bugs are getting very angry and so am I."

"MAX CALL HER!" Amber pleaded, tears forming in her eyes as she feared for her friend's life.

Reluctantly, Max called Joy, but she wouldn't answer. "It just keeps ringing."

Rufus took it and scowled, throwing it against the wall.

"SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP ALL OF YOU. EXCEPT YOU!" He grabbed Max's arm tightly, making her yelp. The others hurried to sit down.

"We failed...I'm so sorry Sarah..." Nina whimpered.

Rufus sighed. "Well, your teachers have clearly abandoned you to your fate. Soon enough they'll drink from the cup and one of you will die, after all it is a life for a life," He ignored their horrified expressions. "I suppose it's time for the Guardian to perish after all."

"What?" Fabian muttered, eyes wide.

Rufus turned to Max with a small smile. "Well my dear, you wanted to know what happened to William so badly, did you not?"

Max's eyes widened. She instantly grew vicious, all of her previous fear nowhere to be found. "YOU MONSTER. WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?"

"Well now, I only did what I had to do. Your brother had a terrible habit of sticking his nose where it didn't belong." Rufus sneered. "Your brother never planned to go Anubis house, he was actually going in search of me, having learned of some of the things I've done to the family. Silly fool thought he could be a hero."

Max paled. "What do you mean?..."

"My dear, didn't you ever wonder why your family refused to talk about me?" Rufus smiled rather evilly. "Nobody likes to discuss the family member who stopped aging, committed countless crimes, and threatened to murder their children. Your brother was hoping to get me arrested and free your family of that pain."

"William.." Max whispered, looking down.

Rufus sneered. "But his efforts were worthless. He was but a worthless mutt in the end, and worthless mutts get put down."

This made Max freeze, looking up at him with wide eyes. "What?..."

"Oh yes. Sorry to disappoint, but William was murdered a long time ago." Rufus told her with a smile. "You were never going to find him."

Max vaguely heard the others saying stuff, but all she could hear was static.

William...was gone?

He was the reason she fought so hard. He was the reason she was even here in the first place. She'd dedicated years to searching for him.

And he was...dead?

All this time?

Tears slowly rolled down Max's cheeks as the ring began to darken quickly. The others were yelling something at her, but she couldn't hear them.

Max felt like she couldn't breathe. "Ngh..."

The ring was almost completely black.

"Augh..." Max nearly sobbed.

"MAX SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Max's eyes shot open and she looked over in terror towards Fabian, who had yelled to her desperately.

He looked absolutely crushed for her, ready to cry himself. "Max I'm sorry about your brother. There is- There is nothing anyone can say or do to ever make that pain go away!" Max whimpered. "But if you give up now, then William's sacrifice was for nothing! He risked his life to stop Rufus, to rescue your family from his tyranny, and you can carry on his legacy!" He exclaimed pleadingly. "YOU CAN'T GIVE UP, NOT YET!"

Max hiccupped. "Fabian..."

William might be gone, but she still had others to protect.

Everyone at Anubis house was her family.

And Fabian might not be her family by blood, but to her, he would always be her brother.

The ring began to brighten as Max wiped her tears away. She sneered at Rufus. "I WON'T GIVE UP, YOU HEAR ME!? MY FAMILY MIGHT'VE BEEN HURT BY YOU, TORN UP TO SHREADS, BUT I'M GOING TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER, AND THAT ALL STARTS HERE, BY STOPPING YOU!" Max exclaimed angrily before bolting forward.

The others let out cries of shock as Max barreled into Rufus, knocking him over and grabbing the hourglass.

"YOU LITTLE WITCH!" Rufus sneered, grabbing her by her leg and pulling her down. She screamed and threw the hourglass.

"NINA!" Nina caught it and they all bolted for the door.

Jerome got the key, which had flown off Rufus when he fell, and he quickly unlocked the door.

Everyone ran out as Max struggled against Rufus, who refused to let go of her.

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING I'VE WORKED FOR!" He hissed.

Fabian rushed over and grabbed Max's hand, yanking her up and kicked Rufus' hand to make him let go of her. The two bolted out and Jerome grabbed the hourglass from Nina, and then threw it on the floor to let it shatter.

They shut the door and locked it, knowing the bugs would take care of Rufus.

~~~

They arrived at Anubis house to see Joy stood there. "Joy!" Max hugged her tightly. "You're okay! What happened!?"

"Nothing happened. I'm not the Chosen One." Joy grinned.

Nina winced. "...You said that the Chosen One was born on the seventh of July?"

"Yes." Joy nodded.

"...That's my birthday too." Nina mumbled.

"What?" Fabian breathed.

Max's eyes widened. "Joy, were you born in the evening or morning?"

"Evening." Joy told her.

"Mine was early in the morning." Nina admitted.

Fabian grinned. "I bet it was seven a.m."

"Guys we have fifteen minutes, it's now or never." Max warned, checking the time.

Nina swallowed hard. "Let's do this!"

They rushed down to the cellar.

~~~

"You have to say the incantation. With the circle of light, I seal the circle of life." Joy told her.

Nina nodded hesitantly and began to pick up the pieces, saying the incantation as she did so.

The pieces naturally went together, and they had the cup.

But nothing was happening.

"What are we missing!?" Nina exclaimed angrily.

"AHHH!" Max cried out, making them look at her. Her hand burned as the ring shined brightly.

Their eyes widened in shock and horror at the sight.

Max slowly looked down at her ring and her eyes widened in realization. The picture of Seth holding the cup finally made sense.

Slowly, Max walked up to the cup and lifted her hand. "With all the power of the God of Chaos, I awaken the cup!" She exclaimed, hitting the center of the cup with the ring.

It began to shine, blinding them all with his powerful energy it released.

And when it faded, the beautiful Cup of Ankh sat there proudly. They had finally done it.

But then Amber screamed and they turned to see Rufus had grabbed her. He was covered in bites. "Did you really think I would expose myself to such a creature with an antidote? I have the queen fly in my hand which I will put in this girls ear unless you all do exactly what I say." He sneered.

Max looked at him sadly. "Why Rufus? It didn't have to be this way! Why would you do this to people? You could've been a better man! You could've been my great uncle!"

Rufus scoffed. "I have no interest in explaining anything to you. You've done your part, Guardian. Now you are worthless to me." Max teared up.

"Now give me the cup and pour the elixir in it."

Fabian poured all of the elixir into the cup and gave it to Rufus, who tossed Amber away before downing it. "ETERNITY IS MINE!"

"NO!" Victor cried, coming down the stairs.

Rufus smirked evilly. "Ah Victor, so lovely of you to join us. I'm afraid it's all gone." He showed the cup was empty. Victor looked absolutely devastated.

Rufus placed the cup in the burner, much to everyone's horror. "The deed is done. I don't suppose anyone is feeling faint?"

"Actually..." Alfie suddenly collapsed.

"ALFIE!" Everyone shrieked in horror as Rufus explained to Victor it was a life for a life. Rufus quickly bolted out of the cellar, leaving everyone to watch in horror as Alfie struggled to breathe.

Max let out a scream as she collapsed by Alfie in terror, tears rolling down her cheeks. "ALFIE NO!" She exclaimed. "SETH, HELP!" She screamed up towards the ceiling.

But she got no answered.

She couldn't understand it. She was supposed to have the power to save someone if they were dying, or even already dead.

So why wasn't it working!?

"Guys, Alfie's fine." Fabian sighed. "Cut it out Alfie."

Everyone froze, looking over at Fabian in disbelief.

"I didn't give Rufus the elixir, I made a fake and destroyed the real one." Fabian explained sheepishly. "I got the idea from when Patricia made the bag full of water bottles."

"Fabian you are a genius. I love you!" Nina hugged him, making him blush.

Victor still looked absolutely crushed to know that the elixir was gone, but at least Rufus didn't have eternal life.

Everyone left the cellar to go enjoy the prom, except for Nina who said she had to take care of something.

~~~

When they got to the prom, Fabian went over to Max, who was sulking in the corner. "Hey...I'm really sorry about your brother." He told her gently.

Max smiled weakly, tears in the corners of her eyes. "Thanks..."

"...Do you wanna dance?" He offered gently.

Max took his hand and the two danced in the corner, mostly so they wouldn't get strange looks from people. Max leaned against Fabian's chest.

His hugs reminded her so much of William's.

"Come on, your brother wouldn't want you to sulk," Fabian insisted kindly. "And there is a girl here who I know you've had your eye on." He gestured over to Joy who was talking to Patricia.

Max flushed pink and tried to mumble out excuses, but Fabian pushed her that way regardless.

Hesitantly, she walked over to them.

"Now I know you don't officially go here anymore..." Max started sheepishly; Joy looked at her curiously. "But would you be up for a dance?"

Joy grinned a little. "Aren't you Patricia's date?"

Patricia leaned over. "You both have my blessing." She smirked.

Rolling her eyes, Joy took Max's hand and the two began to dance.

When Nina got back, Amber announced her and Fabian as prom king and queen, and the two finally shared a kiss, the perfect way to finish off their school year.

And it would be one that Max would never forget.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6K 452 11
[ description ] β€· Max Mayfield is new to Hawkins, Indiana. So her and her brother come rolling into the school parking lot, this girl who kno...
28.6K 718 51
Daniel Connors is an ordinary student attending Blackwell Academy. Known as a skater around the school, Daniel doesn't really speak much to anyone ex...
52.3K 1.1K 30
π•€π•Ÿ π•žπ•ͺ π••π•£π•–π•’π•žπ•€, π•ͺ𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•žπ•– π•Žπ•–'𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣π•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕀 π•¨π•’π•Ÿπ•₯ 𝕦𝕀 π•₯𝕠 𝕓𝕖 π”Έπ•Ÿπ•• π•—π•£π• π•ž π•₯𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕠 οΏ½...
12.7K 940 40
ATTENTION READERS: I will be removing the complete story in a month (March 2nd, 2021 or so) so please keep that in mind when starting this story. I w...