House of Chaos ~FemaleOC x Jo...

Par Strange_Lad

Meet Max Wilson, a girl who decided to pretend to be a boy after she couldn't be accepted into the school as... Plus

House of Secrets/Attitude/Black Bird/Dares/Lies
House of Locks/House Of Eyes
House of Agendas/House of Keys
House of Discovery/House of Hyper
House of Chaos/House of Rumors
House of Intruders/House of Proof
House of Confrontation/House of Alarms
House of Flames/House of Passages
House of Kidnap/House of Cat-Nap
House of Cameras/House of Numbers
House of Scares/House of Fakers
House of Reunion/House of Memories
House of Drama/House of Codes
House of Rendezvous/House of Rescue
House of Arrest/House of Hoax
House of Time/House of Aliens
House of Masks/House of Pursuit
House of Yesterday/House of Victory
House of Bribes/House of Venom
House of Stars/House of Harsh
House of Lights/House of Allegiance
House of Pests/House of Betrayal
House of Revelation/House of Heavy
House of Hush/House of Spies/House of Sting/House of Never/House of Forever

House of Identity/House of Emergency

22 0 0
Par Strange_Lad

"Sarah was terrified of the photo of Victor, she said...she said he killed them." Nina explained quietly to the others in the dining room.

Max frowned. "What about the elixir?"

"She just talked about tipping the scales of life again, but I have no clue what that means." Nina sighed.

Victor came in and told them all to get to school.

~~~

"I can't find anything; I don't think this book has any leads." Fabian sighed. "I searched every single page so carefully."

Max frowned. "Too bad. It must be something else then."

That's when Mara walked in, and shocked them all to their very core. She'd straighten her hair, put on gothic makeup and was wearing black rose patterned leggings along with some short black heels, she even had her tie loosened and jacket unbuttoned.

Fabian dropped the book when he saw her and all their jaws dropped. Mara smirked smugly, clearly proud of the reaction she got.

"...Didn't you used to be Mara?" Jerome asked in disbelief.

Mara strutted by and collapsed in the seat next to Max's, making her eyes widen. "Uh..."

Mara looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" She smirked.

"I..." Max was stunned.

"Hope you don't mind, we're desk buddies now, and if you do mind, keep it to yourself." Without warning Mara yanked Max forward by her tie and kissed her, earning gasps from all over the classroom.

The Sibuna gang were all silently screaming in disbelief at what was taking place.

When the kiss broke, Mara leaned back in her seat and put her feet up, chewing her gum without a care in the world.

Max was just sat there, staring off dumbly.

"I think she's broken." Fabian whispered, earning a nod from Nina.

"Is this that gay panic I've always heard about in stories?" Amber asked quietly.

"I don't think so..." Patricia mumbled.

Then they heard Max beginning to let out the quietest screaming known to man.

"Now it is." Patricia nodded.

Mrs. Andrews walked in and paused when she saw Mara. "Mara are you chewing gum? You of all people should know the rules, get rid of it please."

Mara rolled her eyes and took the gum out of her mouth and instead set it behind her ear, disgusting many of them.

She shocked them all even further by revealing she didn't do her homework assignment either.

~~~

"Tutankhamun's burial chamber lies just through here." Fabian recited awkwardly on stage, he was rehearsing for the play, Jerome was up on-stage walking with him.

But as they walked, they burst into laughter.

"Guys, remember what we said? Constructive criticism." Mr. Winkler scolded.

Max groaned. "Oh come on, this play blows."

"He's right." Nina sighed. "The scenes need a LOT of work."

Mr. Winkler smirked. "Well now Max, if it blows, do you have any ideas on how to improve it?"

"Um..." Max's eye twitched. She smiled nervously as she tried to come up with something. "Action!" Was what she finally decided on. "We need action. This play is too boring."

Alfie nodded. "Agreed. Someone should kiss someone, or kill someone!"

"I want more of the stuff Sarah told us." Amber commented, making their eyes widened.

"Who's Sarah?" Mr. Winkler frowned.

Nina panicked. "Sarah from the museum! Friend of mine, tour guide, red hair, gemini. She uh, told us about some interesting stuff like locusts and plagues and stuff."

"Sounds interesting." Mr. Winkler nodded. "Maybe you could talk to her again and get some ideas for action scenes."

Nina nodded. "Sure."

~~~

Max grabbed Amber by the collar of her shirt. "WOULD YOU STOP TRYING TO REVEAL ALL OUR SECRETS!?" She shook her around, fuming.

Patricia sighed. "Look we have more to worry about than the play, like the elixir?"

"And the riddle." Fabian frowned.

Amber groaned. "I might have to start thinking also."

~~~

Max all but screamed when Jerome woke her in the middle of the night, smacking him in the face. "God, Jerome!" She hissed. "Are you out of your mind!?" She flipped the light on as Fabian sat up with a groan. Mick was ignoring them in favor of trying to sleep more.

"Sorry, sorry, look-" Jerome took a deep breath, speaking quietly. "Alfie is locked down in the cellar and its been hours. I'm really worried about him."

Max scowled. "Seriously?"

But something on Jerome's face already gave her the answer. "I'm serious Mid- Max." He corrected himself. "Please."

Anddddd she and Fabian got up to help.

~~~

They woke Nina and headed down to the cellar through their secret passage. "Alfie." Jerome called out in a whisper, but he got no response.

"Swear to God, Jerome. If you're messing with us-" Max started angrily.

"I'm not. I promise." Jerome told her quickly, hands up in defense. "I swear, this isn't a joke."

That's when they heard a strange noise from a cabinet.

"Open it." Jerome told him.

Fabian's eyes widened. "No, you open it!"

Max rolled her eyes. "Step aside girls." She shoved them away and stepped forward, opening the cabinet.

They found Alfie curled up, shaking uncontrollably and in a panicked state.

"Alfie!" Jerome knelt down and tried to touch him, causing Alfie to flinch. He wouldn't look directly at them. "It's me, Jerome..."

Max frowned. "He's freezing, we need to get him out of here." Without warning, she unzipped her hoodie and wrapped it around Alfie, pulling him out of the cabinet. She noticed Jerome looking at her with shock for a moment before turning his attention back to Alfie. Max and Jerome carried Alfie out as Nina and Fabian made sure nothing was in the walkway and that the door was open.

~~~

Max and Jerome lied Alfie down on his bed, the others already went back to their rooms since they weren't carrying him anyways. "Do you have something we can heat up?" She questioned.

Jerome thought for a moment before digging around in a drawer, he pulled out a hot water bottle.

"Perfect." Max smiled. "Go fill and heat it up, yeah?" Jerome nodded and hurried out.

Max turned back to Alfie, eyebrows furrowed in concern. He was wrestling around in the bed, unable to keep still.

If things went on like this, they'd have to get professionals involved.

Jerome came back with the hot water bottle, which Max took and set on Alfie's stomach to help warm him up, then pulled the covers back over him. He continued struggling around.

"There's nothing else we can do for now. We'll have to see how he is in the morning." Max told him with a frown.

Jerome nodded hesitantly.

"...Goodnight, Jerome." Max told him sincerely, heading for the door.

"Um..." Max paused at the doorway, turning to look at him. "Does...anyone else know? About..." He trailed off.

Max sighed. "Fabian, Nina, Amber and Patricia know. Nobody else does. If the school finds out, I'll be kicked out."

Jerome frowned. "I won't tell anyone, consider that my thank you for tonight."

She smiled a little. "Heh, fair enough."

"Hey Max?" Jerome started, smiling almost shyly. "Can I still call you midget?"

Max scoffed. "If you start treating me different just cause I'm a girl, we're gonna have real problems." With that, she headed back to her own room.

~~~

The next morning at breakfast, Jerome came into the room and asked for Max and Fabian to help him, so naturally all of Sibuna went to see what was up.

He was paralyzed, shaking and sweating in bed, staring off into space with pure fear in his eyes.

"He hasn't said a word..." Jerome told them shakily.

Max sat down on the bed, leaning closer to get a better look at Alfie, eyes narrowing. "Alfie?" She started.

He didn't respond.

That's when Max heard it.

Do you wish to unleash the power?

Max looked around in confusion. "What?" She mumbled.

You have...the power...

Do you wish to use it?

Max's eyes widened. "Who is talking!?"

"Max?" Fabian mumbled, growing worried.

Be wise, Guardian. You only have one chance.

"MAX!" Nina exclaimed, getting her attention. "What is wrong with you!?"

Max shook her head fiercely, turning back to Alfie. "Alfie, talk to me." She took his hand, making him flinch badly, so badly it made Jerome jump. "What did you see? Tell me what you saw."

"I saw...I saw..." Alfie finally spoke, making them all hopeful.

But then he began to hyperventilate.

Patricia ran to get some water but Alfie looked ready to faint. Nina panicked and grabbed the juice container from Patricia's bag and handed it over. Alfie drank it and began gagging, then he actually did faint.

"NINA ARE YOU INSANE!?" Max hissed; eyes wide. She waved her hands around in angry gestures as the gem darkened immensely. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?" Nina paled.

They called 911 and Alfie had to be taken to a hospital, hooked up to oxygen.

~~~

After being questioned by Victor, Sibuna went up to Nina and Amber's room.

"I can't believe this." Max fumed the second the door was closed. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" She nearly screamed, glaring at Nina, who winced. "NOT ONLY DID WE LOSE OUR PROOF, BUT WE JUST PUT SOMEBODY IN THE HOSPITAL!"

Nina weakly spoke up. "Not all of it...I put a little in another bottle as a backup..." She showed off the small bottle. "But maybe we should just get rid of all of it."

"No way." Patricia snapped, taking it. "I'll hide it somewhere better this time."

Max scoffed, shaking her head. "Are you kidding me? Does anybody care that Alfie is in the hospital now?" She turned to sneer at Nina, who was looking down at her lap. "Somebody we know could have died today because of you."

Nina looked ready to cry. "Don't you think I know that!? I feel terrible, Max! You have no idea how I feel right now!"

"I'M PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW YOU'RE FEELING!" Max exclaimed, arms gesturing wildly in anger. "ALFIE COULD'VE DIED BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING!" Their eyes widened when they saw the gem go almost completely black.

Angry tears streamed down Max's cheeks as she glared at the ground. "I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE GUARDIAN, I'M SUPPOSED TO PROTECT US, AREN'T I!? ISN'T THAT WHY I'M HERE!? IF I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT...THEN WHAT GOOD AM I!?"

That's when a cracking noise rang out through the room.

Everyone froze and Nina slowly pulled out her locket, looking at it with horror.

A small crack had formed on it.

Max stared at it, a little stunned for a moment, before her expression went dull. "Perhaps...Sarah should've chosen someone else after all."

She stormed out before any of the others could stop her.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

12.7K 940 40
ATTENTION READERS: I will be removing the complete story in a month (March 2nd, 2021 or so) so please keep that in mind when starting this story. I w...
5.9K 443 11
[ description ] ⤷ Max Mayfield is new to Hawkins, Indiana. So her and her brother come rolling into the school parking lot, this girl who kno...
50.3K 2.2K 30
Riley wasn't her real name. At least, she didn't think it was. All she had left was her amber necklace. Since her accident, she can't remember anythi...
28.6K 718 51
Daniel Connors is an ordinary student attending Blackwell Academy. Known as a skater around the school, Daniel doesn't really speak much to anyone ex...