House of Chaos ~FemaleOC x Jo...

By Strange_Lad

Meet Max Wilson, a girl who decided to pretend to be a boy after she couldn't be accepted into the school as... More

House of Locks/House Of Eyes
House of Agendas/House of Keys
House of Discovery/House of Hyper
House of Chaos/House of Rumors
House of Intruders/House of Proof
House of Confrontation/House of Alarms
House of Flames/House of Passages
House of Kidnap/House of Cat-Nap
House of Cameras/House of Numbers
House of Scares/House of Fakers
House of Identity/House of Emergency
House of Reunion/House of Memories
House of Drama/House of Codes
House of Rendezvous/House of Rescue
House of Arrest/House of Hoax
House of Time/House of Aliens
House of Masks/House of Pursuit
House of Yesterday/House of Victory
House of Bribes/House of Venom
House of Stars/House of Harsh
House of Lights/House of Allegiance
House of Pests/House of Betrayal
House of Revelation/House of Heavy
House of Hush/House of Spies/House of Sting/House of Never/House of Forever

House of Secrets/Attitude/Black Bird/Dares/Lies

61 0 0
By Strange_Lad

A/N: First season is already pre-written, I'll basically try to upload the chapters whenever I'm on the site. Please enjoy the fic. Also, all three seasons, plus the movie, will be in this one book.

Max's legs shook uncontrollably as she stared out the window in the taxi. She was almost to Anubis house.

"Nervous, eh?" The cab driver asked.

Max bit her lip. "A little, but I think it's more excitement."

"That's good." He told her.

Max was a bit of a shortie, only standing at 5'1. She had short, disheveled brown hair and brown eyes (thanks to colored contacts). Her skin was white and she was wearing a loose dark green t-shirt partially covering her black shorts. She also had on black converse.

Her plan was a bit on the bold side, but she had no other choice.

From now on, she was Max Wilson, a boy joining Anubis House.

~~~

Max handed the man the money. "Keep the change." The cab driver nodded in thanks and drove away.

She dragged her suitcase up to the house and gave a knock.

The door opened and a nice woman smiled at her. "Hello there sweetie, I'm Trudy. You must be Max Wilson, the last student we were waiting on."

"That's me." She grinned.

Trudy nodded and let her inside. "I'm your house mother. Let me show you where you're staying."

~~~

Max set up her bed, which had a green blanket on it and a white pillow. She then placed a little lamp down on the side table and put her clothes away in the drawers. Then, she opened up her main suitcase.

It was filled with notebooks and papers, all of her research on Anubis house and about a potential treasure it was storing.

Max picked up a picture sitting in the suitcase longingly.

It was of her, with long hair in a braid, hugging her brother joyfully.

"I'll find you..." She mumbled. "No matter what it takes."

~~~

Max entered the main living space to see all of her housemates there, talking and reading. They all paused to stare at her.

Max began to sweat. Her entire plan relied on them thinking she was a guy. She made sure to wear extra bulky clothes, but still...

"Oh wow, we got a new babe and a new guy." One of them commented.

Max let out a small breath of relief.

Mara smiled at her, almost dreamily. "Hi there..."

"Ah, hello." She greeted back briefly.

"Looks like I'm still the only American." One of the girls joked. "I'm Nina, I'm the other new student." She greeted.

Max nodded. "Max Wilson, it's a pleasure." They shook hands.

"Supper's ready!" Trudy announced.

Everyone went and sat down, but when Nina sat down, Amber spoke up.

"That's my seat." She told her.

Nina's eyes widened. "Oh I'm sorry I-"

"Where's Mick?" Amber asked.

"I don't even know who you are so-" Nina started.

Amber left without another word.

Slowly, Nina just sat down. Max was seated next to her.

"You heard her, that's her seat." Patricia snapped.

Nina frowned. "Yeah, but she's not here right now."

"That's your ways isn't it, someone's gone for two minutes and you take their place." She snapped.

Fabian huffed. "Patricia is head of the welcoming committee. Don't pay attention to her, sit where you like."

Nina smiled at him in thanks.

~~~

"Wow, it's refreshing to see another boy eat with manners." Mara smiled. "Fabian is the only one here who seems to know how to do that."

Max chuckled awkwardly, taking a moment to swallow. "Oh well, my house was pretty proper like that so..."

Alfie shoved a bunch of food in his mouth. "Stop it Alfie, that's disgusting. You're gonna choke." Mara insisted as Jerome laughed.

"But it's delicious this way." Alfie insisted with a grin and a mouth full.

"Alfie don't play with your food." Jerome insisted before firing spaghetti at him.

Alfie fired back at him and Mara, which caused Jerome to throw salad at him. Then Alfie threw spaghetti over to the other side of the table, hitting Nina, Max and Fabian. He also hit Amber when she came back in the room.

"Every meal." Fabian groaned.

Patricia picked up the water pitcher and tossed the water at Nina and by extension Max, making them shriek from the cold. "Oops, sorry."

"Classy Patricia." Fabian snapped.

"What, it was an accident." She smirked.

"Are you guys okay?" Fabian asked with concern.

Nina sighed. "Yeah, but I think my sweater is shrinking into my body as we speak..."

Max choked out a gasp and looked down, realizing her shirt was beginning to outline her body.

"Um e-excuse me!" Max bolted from the room.

~~~

Max let out a huff as she stripped off her wet shirt, revealing the black tank top underneath. She went to grab another shirt from her drawer.

That's when the door opened. "Hey I just wanted to check on-"

Max gasped and turned to look at Fabian, paralyzed where she stood and suddenly very aware she was only in a tank top and shorts.

Fabian was stunned, mouth agape as he stared at her. Finally, he let out a small mumble. "...I'll um...I'll come back."

He quickly shut the door and Max groaned in annoyance.

First day and she was already caught by someone.

~~~

The next morning, Max woke early and snuck out of the house. She didn't want to face Fabian yet.

She was surprised to see Nina doing the same. "Sneaking out too?" She asked.

Nina sighed. "Yeah, I just...I just don't want to be around the others...but you're okay, you're like me, new and an outcast."

"I feel you there..." Max frowned. "Let's walk together?"

Nina smiled. "I'd like that."

They walked along the path outside and ended up running into an old lady.

"Oh, sorry." Nina told her.

"That's my house." She smiled, gesturing to Anubis house.

Nina frowned. "I don't think so, it's a school."

"That's my house." She insisted.

"Alright, it's your house. Oh, you look cold." Max took off her blazer and put it on the woman.

The woman froze, looking at them with wonder. "It's your two, isn't it? I knew you would come!"

"I'm sorry?" Max frowned.

"Sarah, my name is Sarah." She explained.

"Okay, I'll stay here, you go get help." Max told Nina, a bit concerned about the old woman's mental state.

Nina nodded. "Right."

"You're coming back?" Sarah asked nervously.

"Yes, just don't move." Nina insisted.

Sarah looked at Max intensely when Nina left. "You're the guardian..."

"The what?" Max looked at her with interest.

"Please you must protect them." Sarah told her pleadingly.

~~~

"It's not like you to go wandering, Emily." Sarah placed a finger to her lips to tell Nina and Max to stay quiet about her name. They had taken her back to an old people's home.

"Is it true she lived at Anubis House?" Max asked.

The caregiver chuckled. "I doubt it, though with some of these old people you never know."

The caregiver went to make tea when they got Sarah back to her room. "I have spent ages keeping the secret, it's your girls' turn now." She slipped off her necklace and removed a ring from her finger.

Nina frowned. "Um...I think you're confused. Max is a boy." Max winced.

She held out the jewelry pieces. "Take them, hide them, keep them safe. There's treasure in that house, only you girls can find it and protect it."

"W-We can't just take these." Nina insisted.

"You must. I know you two. Nina and Remi." Sarah told them seriously.

Max gasped. "Y-You know my name?"

Nina looked at her in shock. "Remi? Wait..." She looked Max over and gasped. "Y-You're a girl!?"

"You must beware the black bird." Sarah insisted. "And the power of darkness..." She stared intently at the ring she gave Max. "When it turns black...it's all over."

Max tilted her head and looked at the ring. It was silver with a red gem. "Black?..."

Soon the girls had to leave, the pieces of jewelry in hand.

~~~

The next morning, apparently Nina had a nightmare and Patricia just made it worse by harassing her with a feather boa.

During breakfast, Fabian was looking at Max intently. She'd still been avoiding him. She stared down at her meal to avoid eye contact.

When Nina came into the room, Patricia smirked.

"Sleep well Nina? Caw caw caw." Patricia and the boys mocked.

Nina sat down.

"So what happened in that dream anyway?" Fabian asked.

"It was horrible, it felt so real...it felt evil." Nina explained nervously.

Amber came in. "Has anyone seen Mara? She has my hair straighteners."

"She's with Mick in our room." Fabian explained.

"What!?" Amber hissed.

"Oh calm down, she's helping him study." Max deadpanned as she ate a piece of toast.

Amber sat down next to her. "I'm fine. It doesn't bother me at all. I see you two haven't snuck out at the crack of dawn today."

"News travels fast huh." Nina commented.

Trudy came in and smiled. "They were helping an old lady who had wandered off from the old people's home."

"I'm not good with old people, they're so...old." Fabian choked on his drink, Jerome stared at her in disbelief.

But Amber was unbothered. "Still, you must be use to it. Trudy said your gran brought you up, Nina."

"Yes, that's correct." Nina nodded.

"What happened to your parents?" She asked. She looked at Max. "And what about you? Trudy said she didn't have much information on you or where you came from."

Nina bit her lip. "They passed when I was young, a car accident. But my gran and I are super close."

Amber looked guilty for having brought it up. Hesitantly, she looked at Max.

Max sighed. "Oh, I don't have a story like that. My parents brought me up, I'm really not that interesting."

"So how come she shipped you all the way out here? Sounds to me like she wanted to get rid-" Patricia started.

Fabian slammed his hand down on the table. "Patricia! Stop being such a witch! I know you're unhappy with Joy's disappearance but there's no reason to be taking all of this out on Nina!"

"Yeah well everyone seems to have forgotten about Joy except me." Patricia stormed out.

~~~

They were in science class, the bell rang.

An arm draped around Max's neck, and her eyes widened.

Jerome smirked down at her. "Hey midget, we were talking and..."

Alfie grinned. "We decided you and the new girl need to be welcomed properly."

"Initiation tonight, unless you're scared." Jerome mocked.

Max's eyes narrowed. "Scared? Not a chance."

~~~

"So, their initiation takes place tomorrow night at midnight." Patricia smiled.

"The witching hour." Alfie smirked.

"But you're going up to the attic, and it's haunted." Amber frowned.

Max bit her lip. "Haunted? For real?"

"Scared?" Patricia grinned.

Max shook her head. "Not at all, if anything I'm excited."

"You're confident, I like that." Patricia told her. "But first, you have to get the key. The key's in Victor's office."

~~~

"There's a key box on the wall." Patricia explained, they were near Victor's office.

Victor noticed them lingering and came out. "What are you all looking at?"

Alfie got on the floor. "This floor could use a polish."

"Hm, you're right. So feel free to polish it, Alfie." Victor dragged him downstairs.

The girls sprinted into his office, realizing this was their chance.

"Key!" Max exclaimed. Nina tossed her the set of keys on Victor's desk. She quickly opened the case of the spare keys and snatched the attic one before locking it again. She threw the keys onto the desk and the two rushed out.

"All of you, move it." Victor grumbled, pushing past them. He went into his office and shut the door.

Max smirked and showed off the key.

"Lucky." Alfie grinned.

"Very lucky." Jerome chuckled.

~~~

The next day during class, everyone sat down only for a young man in the back of the room to speak up.

"All the world's a stage, and the men and women are merely players." He stood up. "Hey, my name is Jason Winkler. I'm your new History teacher. I'll also be teaching drama."

The girls in particular seemed very pleased with this.

~~~

During science, Nina and Max were looking at the ring and necklace with wonder.

"That's nice, is there a photo inside?" Fabian asked, looking over at them.

"NO!" Nina exclaimed, hiding the necklace.

Fabian's eyes widened. "I-I didn't mean to snoop, I was just making conversation..."

The bell rang and everyone left. Nina and Max went after Fabian. "Fabian wait, we're so sorry, you've been so nice and we were so rude." Nina sighed.

Max bit her lip. "While were at it...I need to thank you two." They looked at her curiously. "I know you both...know I'm a girl." She spoke in a hushed tone.

Fabian's eyes widened. "You know too?" He asked Nina curiously.

She nodded. "Found out at the old people's home. But I don't understand why you're pretending to be a guy?"

Max sighed. "It's a long story...but...please, continue to keep my secret?" She pleaded. "I can't get kicked out and if they find out, I'm doomed!"

Fabian smiled a little. "Well, you seem harmless enough, so at least for now, I'm not gonna turn you in."

She sighed in relief. "Thank you."

"Listen, you guys aren't really gonna go through with this initiation thing are you? You don't have too. It's not even real." Fabian insisted.

Nina chuckled. "We have too, or we'll never live it down." Max nodded in agreement.

~~~

During drama, Jason gave them all Romeo and Juliet to read.

Amber and Alfie were acting out some of the scenes when Amber suddenly went off script and kissed Alfie, much to everyone's shock.

~~~

Once it was midnight, it was time for their initiation to begin. Everyone had gathered at the attic door.

"Are you Nina Martin and Max Wilson?" Patricia asked.

"Absolutely." Nina smirked at Max, who snickered slightly.

Oh, if only the others knew.

"Is there anyone who can confirm this?" Patricia asked.

Nina blinked. "Uh...us?"

"Are you for real?" Alfie smirked, only for Patricia to shush him.

"Nina and Max, you are here tonight to prove you guys are brave enough to stay at Anubis House. Swear on all of your ancestors that you will never tell a soul about tonight."

Max and Nina glanced at each other and nodded. "We swear." They spoke in unison.

They approached the attic door. "Oh spirits of Anubis house, guide the new students on their initiation quest and keep them from harm in the haunted attic."

"Come on this is ridiculous." Fabian groaned.

Patricia shushed him. "Unlock the door."

Max took out the key and went up to the door. She unlocked it and they began to go up the stairs.

But suddenly the door slammed behind them, Patricia had locked them in.

"Hey, what's going on!? Let us out!" Nina exclaimed, banging on the door.

"Not until you tell us what you know about Joy." Patricia hissed.

Max growled. "WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

"Then you'll have to stay there till morning." She threatened.

"LET US OUT YOU WITCH!" Max banged on the door over and over with her fist. The ring's color darkened.

Patricia wouldn't give in. "Last chance newbies."

"WE KNOW NOTHING!" Nina exclaimed desperately.

They heard strange noises coming from up in the attic.

"Is there something in here!?" Nina gasped.

Victor came by and sent everyone back to bed before beginning to go into the attic. The girls ran up into it, realizing they had nowhere else to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.1K 65
*** THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN IN A COMPLETELY NEW FORMAT/STORY. READ INSIDE FOR DETAILS *** Natasha Moore had never been known to open...
195K 8.6K 52
A bet. A tape. A betrayal. Two years ago everything crumbled in Nova Jensen's perfect world after trusting her heart to the wrong person only to find...
50.3K 2.2K 30
Riley wasn't her real name. At least, she didn't think it was. All she had left was her amber necklace. Since her accident, she can't remember anythi...
52.2K 1.1K 30
π•€π•Ÿ π•žπ•ͺ π••π•£π•–π•’π•žπ•€, π•ͺ𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•žπ•– π•Žπ•–'𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣π•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕀 π•¨π•’π•Ÿπ•₯ 𝕦𝕀 π•₯𝕠 𝕓𝕖 π”Έπ•Ÿπ•• π•—π•£π• π•ž π•₯𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖, 𝕨𝕙𝕠 οΏ½...