How to be a secretary

By NisargaKalal

Violet is a sweat, small girl. Small not by her age but by heart and height. Lazy, very very lazy, and yet wi... More

1- A good secretary always listens to her boss
2- A good secretary always brings the boss's coffee
3- A good secretary always avoids phone calls
4- A good secretary never messes things up.
5- A good secretary helps out her boss
6- A good secretary enjoys her weekend
7- A good secretary never bitches behind boss's back
8- A good secretary never shares her true feelings
9- A good secretary never messes with the boss.
10- A good secretary never hides things from her boss
11- A good secretary never fools around.
12- A good secretary never forgets.
13- A good secretory never skips work.
14- A good secretary never thinks of making her boss jealous
15- A good secretary never ever makes her boss jealous.
16- A boss never kiss's his secretary
17- A good boss never lies
18- a good boss never gets angry
NOTE
19- A good boss shouldn't keep secrets
20- a good boss never gets jealous
21 A good boss never shouts or fights.
22- a good secretary never takes leaves
24- A good secretary is never afraid.
25- A good boss should maintain personal space
26- A boss and a secretary should never get too close
27- A good secretary never seduces her boss
28- A good secretary never gets angry
29- a good secretary should remain calm
30- a good secretary shouldn't go on date with boss
31- A good secretary should live happily
Epilogue

23- A good secretary always apologizes for her mistake

385 16 5
By NisargaKalal

OK so tell you the truth I was seriously losing my mind. I had so many times and from so many years dreamt of this, this moment but never was I speechless in any of them

Now it's Tuesday and I had still no idea how to react. When yesterday I went back to my room, and Lilly screamed in happiness, jumping on my bed. I was happy. Alvin had kissed me in front of an audience, so I was not dreaming this time.

Along with that, he had finally confessed. We both had, Though not in exactly proper words we still did and now I have to apologize to him.

I could wait for him but he was more stubborn than me. If I apologize to him nicely he will reflect on things he said and then apologize to me with some gifts. I grinned I was such a smarty pants.

But first I need to get dressed and all to look cute for him. That was always a plus. Also in all this mess, I had neglected to talk to Khloe, who was still staying with me. I mean staying at my apartment.

Anyway coming to the present, it was Tuesday afternoon, I had missed work today as well without notice and I was going out with Khloe to buy some cute dresses.

I had my dad's credit card you know! Lilly was going to join us a bit late.

"So, what finally happened?" Khloe asked adjusting her scarf.

"Nothing! I stomped on his foot and went with Dad." I didn't inform her of the rest and I may have missed out on a few things in the middle as well.

I may be jealous of her and Alvin's relationship but I still liked her. Also did doesnt seem nice to tell her that she had a teeny tiny bit hand in our fight, so I left that part.

"Oh! That was why he was limping a bit that day," Khloe recalled giggling.

I felt only a litlllllleee bit of guilt. Only a little.

"He shouted at me!" I exclaimed like a child.

"Oh no! Did he now?" She exclaimed surprised, "You poor baby!" and she patted my head.

"I am not a baby, I am 22 already!"

"I am well aware of that," Khloe nods sizing me up

"Hey!" I covered my body with my hands. I felt a bit embarrassed by the way she was checking me out.

"Don't be shy Violet, I am just checking for your size and stuff you know. Just analysing," he comments giggling, and taking my elbow she directs me to Victoria's secret first.

...

Ok, I will not tell you what I went through there, no never, I will not. Khloe had her fun laughing and rolling around but I was burning from the top of my head to the tip of my toe.

"I don't know how you do it, but I for the love of god can't make poses!"

"With practice, you will learn" she patted my hand, dragging me to next door.

"But why do I have to learn, the things which you just did or made me do?" I asked curiously.

"Some things, my pretty Violet a woman should always know. They come in handy," She whispered as if telling me a secret.

"If you say so," I whispered. "But, was it necessary to do it in front of the officer?"

She laughed, waving her hands, "It was hilarious! didn't you see how flushed he was?"

"Um, I felt bad for him,"

"Oh don't be honey, I am sure he enjoyed the show," she snickered again. "Now go and try this on,"

"Okay," I obliged without a second thought and went into the changing room. It was a sleeveless jumpsuit, in baby pink color.

"Hey!"I exclaimed surprised.

When I came out of the dressing room I almost ran into Khloe who was also trying on the same dress.

 "Yey! we match! I always wanted to try this out." She clapped happily and dragged me to the counter without letting me change back. I didn't get the time to protest.

"People are staring at us Khloe," I whispered, looking at all the people who were smiling our way. And some were not.

"They have eyes, so they are watching. You have a brain so just ignore them," was her advice. straight to the point and a good one too.

"You do make a good point,"

"That I do. If not an actor/ model I was going to be a lawyer," she said flipping her hair in that scarf and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I am hungry," I replied after a while when the smell of food wafted towards me.

"Hmm, okay, you should call Alvin and I will call Lilly," She said to herself nodding and I stared, not understanding.

"Why?" was my response.

"Silly. Lilly was supposed to be here now!"

"I know that but why should I call Alvin?" I asked confused.

"Oh! that, that is because you guys have unfinished business and I see you are itching to talk to him. Don't think I didn't notice you check your phone after every 15 minutes." She smirks knowingly.

"I was just checking for Lilly's messages!" I denied averting my eyes from her.

"Yeah yeah and I have two horns on my head," she commented sarcastically. "Just call him already!"

"But, I don't know what to say!" I groaned.

"Just call him first and words will flow. Plus we can ask him who looks better in this dress and take our revenge on him!" she said excitedly.

"that doesn't seem like a bad idea." I grinned thinking of it. Alvin was a bad lier and even worse at hurting people's feelings and if ts especially two of his friends then he would sweat it.

"Good, now call him. Go," she orders pushing to a less rowdy place.

"I can do it!" I encouraged myself again and again before finally dialing his number. I was very nervous. My stomach felt all fluttery.

You know he only gets angry on very few occasions or things. he is like a volcano, getting violent at once and then cooling off for years. But for Alvin, this happened once a year.

He picked up on the first ring. Nice.

"Did you call to apologize?" were his word words to me.

"Aww, you were waiting for my call?" I asked giddy, a smile on my face. 

"Ehem! Of course not!" he denied with a straight tone.

"Okay, I'll hang up now then," I suggested teasing him.

"Wait!" he cleared his throat once, twice, and spoke again in strict professor mode, "Why did you call?"

"I am going to starve myself to death," I threatened him and covered my mouth fast because I was going to laugh. I was being silly.

He scoffed, "Is that all you have to say for yourself?" I know he is rolling his eyes.

"Yes," I nodded with a cheerful tone.

"So this means you are sorry and want me to come to you?" he asks confirming and I nod.

"I can't see you nod through the phone Lilliput," he informs me probably laughing.

"I swear, I am going to starve-" He disregarded my threat, as he knew better. I was never going to do that. Not intentionally at least.

"I'll take that as a sorry for stomping on my feet and going on a date with someone else and for forgetting our kiss," he half whispered half growled the last sentence and I gulped. A funny thing happened in my stomach and I strangely felt hot.

"I didn't forget it you know, I just thought it was a dream."

"Still the same," he complained.

I never knew that a jealous Alvin sounded this sexy and just hawt!

"Butter," I moaned, pouting.

"Yes, baby?" Oh, how I wanted to jump him right now. His voice and the way he calls me baby, I just want to rip his clothes- and I need to control my thoughts.

"I am hungry." okay that came out wrong. "For food!" I clarified on instinct without delay and he laughed.

"I miss you too baby, i'll be right there," he whispered with ease decoding my words, and hung up without asking where I was.

Strange.

All happy and bouncy on my legs I started walking back to where I had left Khloe, but things around me suddenly went black and I stumbled falling on my knees. 

I groaned in pain. My knees hurt from the impact.

As I was present in the secluded part of the mall, almost no one was there to help me there.

Luckily someone came to help. "Hey, are you alright?" a lanky guy, came out of nowhere bending down next to me. I was thankful for a presence even if I couldn't see his face. He was wearing a hoodie.

"Could you please help me up, my friend is waiting for me, there," I whispered gratefully at him as he closed in and placed his arm around my shoulder.

Next thing I knew a hand covered my mouth with a cloth to my mouth and my eyes went back in shock and I inhaled a lot of air in my lungs in shock. Stupid idea. Without a second I was feeling more dizzy, losing consciousness.

 My heart thudded painfully against my chest and my stomach tightened.

"Mmmmmmhpmp." My second instinct was to scream for help but my mouth was covered by a big strong hand and my third instinct was to head-butt him as I had learned but he was strong or maybe I was losing strength.

Thrashing didn't help either because the next thing I knew, "Stop making it hard for both of us," the man growled next to me ever and I was hit on my head and I fell silent falling limply. Everything going a complete blank.

 -----

Alvin POV

I was eager to meet my Lilliput more than ever because now we have finally crossed our once-in-a-year hurdle and we almost confessed to each other. I wanted to take her in my arms and squeeze her till we became one. Alright, I was kidding I was just ecstatic. 

I was not my usual self for the past few days but now, I walking with springs in my steps. Anybody could see the difference. For the past two days, I had this unapproachable aura around me.

People in the office were happy to see me in my usual happy personality.

I was so happy that I left my car back and hailed a cab. I was not going to concentrate on driving right now, that was for sure. My hands were itching to just hold her.

"Thank you!" The drive seemed long so I paid the cab driver and ran to meet my homunculus as soon as the cab stopped. I wasn't wasting even a second.

I didn't even have to call to know where should be now. I went straight to the food court but instead of her, I saw both Lilly and Khloe talking to each other in a hurried tone. They seemed worried though. Both Violet and the officer are nowhere to be seen.

I increased my pace and walked towards them when they saw me and ran towards me instead. Lilly was on the verge of tears when she stopped in front of me and my heart thudded painfully.

At once together, they started speaking huffing, puffing crying and I couldn't understand a word.

"What's going on? where is Violet?"

I waited a minute for them to calm down but they couldn't.

"Where is my Lilliput?" I asked again my happy mood now gone out of the mall entrance. I was losing it.

"She is not here! we, we looked for her everywhere! We can't find her and we found her phone there," Lilly whimpered, clutching her hands tightly, whereas Khloe had a worried/guilty look on her face as if she knew something.

"What exactly do you mean by she is not here!" I almost exploded. Taking a deep breath I balled my fists and asked again. " Ladies, it's high time someone tells me exactly, what's going on!"

"Alvin, I am afraid to say that but I think, Violet is kidnapped," Khloe uttered softly and Like a punch to the stomach I stepped back.

I just started at her thinking that this was a joke but didn't seem like that after a minute. My hands were shaking now, getting colder with each second.

"Wh-what do you mean by kidnapped?"  my voice wavered and I wiped my face. My mind had stopped working, my stomach in knots.

"She went to talk to you over there and I was talking to Lilly on the phone. When I turned around to look for Violet she wasn't there. I called and she didn't pick so I went there with the officer but we only found her belongings there and nothing else," Khloe informed somberly and I just blinked.

"And when I came in we searched for her everywhere, but we couldn't find her! Alvin, please do something!" Lilly cried out holding my arm. And I was still in denial.

"You guys are lying! why would someone kidnap Violet? and that too in a crowded mall? You both are trying to trick me I know!" I laughed humorlessly.

"No, Alvin, listen- " Lilly shook her head violently but I cut her off.

"VIOLET! VIOLET! COME OUT! I DON'T FIND THIS FUNNY AT ALL. IF YOU DON'T COME OUT, I-"

"Alvin, ALVIN!" Khloe slapped me across the face, cutting off my shouting.

"What! I don't want to believe she is kidnapped! why would she be?" I whispered harshly my eyes ablaze with fire.

"I know! but what else is the possibility? if she went willingly with someone she would have informed us and she wouldn't have left her belongings there!" Khloe reasoned, her face was sympathetic. She knows how important she is to us.

She is our life. We can't live without her plus she is my responsibility! I was supposed to take care of her.

Violet is my peace. She would come to me if I was studying late. She wouldn't bother me but simply come and curl up beside me as I worked or did something. I loved her presence and now that she is not here, I feel so unsettled, like my body and soul were at odds.

"You both need to calm down first. Here! drink this." Khloe ordered, giving me and Lilly bottled water to drink.

I took that gratefully, emptying the bottle in a go. I have to find her and I will, I was determined.

"Thank you. Now first thing first, Lilly calls Violet's brothers and informs them. They should know about this. They would know what to do and we need to check the mall surveillance camera. Officer Blake, I hope you can help with that." I regained control of my emotions, thinking of my plan. It was simple.

"Yes, of course, I have already reached out to the authorities, let's go." the officer informed and started walking.

As we checked for the footage, we could see Voilet going to a more secluded place and then she was in a blind spot. We waited for a few minutes for her to come into view, but we only saw her stumbling and falling on her knees. instinctively my body reacted reaching out, but I couldn't touch her.

I balled my fists, my knuckles turning white.

"There! see! someone took her! You can see someone there!" Lilly cried out losing her tough exterior, while Khloe gasped at the screen. 

We could see that Violet struggled but she was mostly unwell from what we saw.

"There is a back door to the mall, only for employees, the kidnapper might have taken her from there." The security informed afraid. He had neglected his duty as a part of the security team. Though he couldn't keep an eye on each camera, they were present to prevent such things

I was going to kill whoever the fuck kidnapped my Lilliput and we knew how to find her, Ricardo had found her.

"Yes? Did you get the exact location?" I asked calmly,  but straight to the point. The storm inside me could destroy a whole town. 

My front was the opposite of how I was feeling right now.

"Yes, we have the exact location. I am sending it to you now." Ricardo's voice was extremely dark, with a hidden promise for revenge. "You better catch those fucking bastards before I do Alvin or else my sister would be visiting me in Jail," he informed and cut the call.

"Who was that?" Khloe asked.

"Ricardo. We have her location. We can move now." I informed them, surprising them, and started walking out.

"That was fast!" Khloe exclaimed wide-eyed, By now Lilly had calmed down and was walking faster, in front of me.

"We had a tracker hidden in her watch," I informed and climbed into the officer's car. The girls followed behind in Lilly's car.

 It was her brothers and my idea. She only had one watch, left behind by her mother so it was the best option to hide the chip there. It was developed by our company and Violet's was the experimental part of that project. We made sure it worked and we took her consent on this as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
638K 21.5K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
9.6M 459K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
220K 13.2K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...