Mainly Because He Gave Too Mu...

By death_lynx

In order to resist the arranged marriage arranged by his family, the CEO spent 30 million to "buy" a professi... More

REMINDERS 📢
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89 (END)

Chapter 30

150 2 0
By death_lynx

Zhou Ziyi suddenly got cramps in his feet when he was diving down.

He subconsciously wanted to go up, but his feet no longer obeyed his command. The moment he rushed to the surface, he only had time to open his mouth and swallow half a breath before the sea water rushed into his mouth. He didn't even cough much, just his hands moving unconsciously under the water. After floating on the sea for nearly twenty seconds, two waves hit his head and he slowly sank.

Silent and silent.

Zhou Ziyi had imagined before that if he got cramps in the water, he would struggle with his hands and feet that were not cramped; if he was in danger of drowning again, he would find a way to float up on the water. However, no matter how much he imagined, when things really happened, there was nothing he could do.

It's not that he is unwilling to save himself, but that at this time, his brain is no longer in control.

There is no thought of "Call for help! Struggling! Float up!" The brain cannot issue instructions, only the instinctive behavior of "breathing more than calling for help". When these last few dozen seconds pass and your body is completely unable to support you, you will have to give up your final struggle.

Although this struggle is silent.

Zhou Ziyi had fallen into a coma, and the sea water rushed into his mouth and nose, but he did not respond. He was still in the shallow sea, but he seemed to be sinking into the endless abyss. Everything was chaotic and unconscious.

Until an arm hugged him and pulled him up hard!

***

Yan Xiuji had already expended a lot of energy in bringing Zhou Ziyi to the surface.

Fortunately, the lifeguard was nearby and came to take over immediately. His manner of leading people was much more professional and faster than Yan Xiuji's, and he quickly carried Zhou Ziyi to the beach.

The moment he placed Zhou Ziyi on the beach, the lifeguard looked back at Yan Xiuji. When he confirmed that he had started to land, the lifeguard put his hand on Zhou Ziyi's chest and pressed it hard!

"...Hiccup! Cough!"

Just after pressing it twice, Zhou Ziyi spit out a large mouthful of water, and then coughed violently: "Cough cough cough...!"

When Yan Xiuji arrived quickly, Zhou Ziyi was still huddled on the beach and coughing in pain. The lifeguard next to him breathed a sigh of relief and said excitedly: "Great, I'm recovering! God bless me!"

Yan Xiuji squatted down and looked at Zhou Ziyi.

"I'll ask the hotel to send a car to take him to the hospital!" the lifeguard said, turning around and running towards his observation chair.

Yan Xiuji did not get up. Even though his neat clothes were wet at the moment, he had no intention of changing them.

He pushed aside Zhou Ziyi's forehead hair and looked at the young man's face.

Zhou Ziyi's face was livid, his whole face was wrinkled, and he coughed until he made no sound, which was heartbreaking. But it was much better than when Yan Xiuji just lifted him up.

No matter how ugly it is, if it can still move and be alive, then it's good.

Yan Xiuji's calm expression relaxed slightly.

It is said that when rescuing a drowning person, the biggest fear is that the drowning person will not cooperate. But when Yan Xiuji grabbed Zhou Ziyi in the water, but Zhou Ziyi didn't struggle, Yan Xiuji's emotions became extremely tense. Not struggling means unconsciousness. Was it temporary loss of consciousness, or... Yan Xiuji didn't dare to think too much.

When he lifted the person to the sea, he didn't hear the other person's breathing. Yan Xiuji's heart became heavier and heavier, as if he had lost most of his strength to carry the person. He followed behind and watched the lifeguard quickly walk onto the beach. It seemed that all he could see was the arm hanging down.

In the bottom of Yan Xiuji's heart, the thought "Why didn't I notice it earlier?" came up.

He even felt that the ten seconds he spent on the shore were extremely unnecessary.

Ten seconds earlier, Zhou Ziyi might not have drowned; if ten seconds later... he might have died.

If a living life disappeared under Yan Xiuji's eyes, he would never be able to forgive himself for the rest of his life.

When Yan Xiuji was silent, Zhou Ziyi finally recovered a little. He was still coughing from time to time, gasping for air in between. He opened his eyes a little and looked at Yan Xiuji in front of him. He didn't know whether he recognized him or not, but he stretched out his hand and moved his fingertips slightly.

Yan Xiuji held his hand.

"The hotel will send a car right away. I'll take him to the beach first!"

The lifeguard hurried back with a bath towel, and without saying a word, he wrapped Zhou Ziyi and hugged him, and Yan Xiuji let go. The lifeguard glanced at him: "Are you going too, sir?"

Yan Xiuji raked his wet hair: "Go."

"Then at least don't forget your mobile phone." The lifeguard turned around and reminded, "Also, you should also wear a bath towel. I'm afraid there won't be time to change."

Yan Xiuji quickly ran back to the sun umbrella to grab important items and a bath towel. He ignored the rest and turned to follow the lifeguard.

***

Zhou Ziyi underwent a full set of examinations in the hospital.

Halfway through, he was completely awake. Recalling the little memory before losing consciousness, he had to admit that he had really reached the end of his quest for death.

If he hadn't been lucky enough to be rescued, he would have died directly. Jumping into a river would have been more heroic than this.

He had no idea how he was rescued, or even how he was found drowning. His last thoughts were "can't call for help" and "it's over". Now he is conscious and undergoing examination in the hospital. This is simply incredible.

While the hospital beds were being pushed around in various departments, Zhou Ziyi also saw Yan Xiuji waiting outside.

Yan Xiuji hadn't changed yet. He was just wearing a bath towel and holding his cell phone with an expressionless face. Zhou Ziyi felt that he was angry, and guessed that he would be scolded if he turned around, so he couldn't help but be afraid in advance.

Apart from that, Zhou Ziyi thought he was fine. Even the culprit of the drowning - cramps in the feet - was gone.

He even sighed leisurely during the examination: I have been doing a lot of full-body examinations recently.

***

One thing to say is that medical care abroad is really not cheap.

But if the money is in place, the service will definitely be in place.

After all the examinations, the doctor came to give Zhou Ziyi and Yan Xiuji a guarantee, saying there was no big problem. A certain degree of chest tightness and difficulty breathing in a short period of time is normal, and you can rest and adjust on your own. If it doesn't feel better tomorrow, or even worsens, then come back for a follow-up visit. It may be caused by seawater entering the lungs.

Anyway, you can leave now.

Zhou Ziyi came in lying down and left standing. Someone from the hotel sent two sets of clothes over, and Zhou Ziyi and Yan Xiuji both changed into local floral shirts and loose jodhpurs. Yan Xiuji had always disliked such flashy clothes before, but he still couldn't escape due to some strange combination of circumstances.

From the hospital to the villa, the two of them didn't say a word.

Zhou Ziyi didn't dare to say anything and didn't know what to say, but he didn't know why Yan Xiuji didn't say anything. He guessed that Yan Xiuji was angry, so he kept silent along the way, like a quail.

It wasn't until he took a shower in the villa and changed into dry clothes that Zhou Ziyi plucked up the courage to knock on Yan Xiuji's door.

Yan Xiuji opened the door expressionlessly.

He also took a shower and changed his clothes. After changing back into dark clothes, the feeling of not being angry and confident became even stronger. Zhou Ziyi felt his heart tremble at the first sight, and even forgot his lines after knocking on the door.

It was Yan Xiuji who spoke first: "What's the matter?"

"Well, I ordered lunch, it will be here soon!" Zhou Ziyi said, "You can come out to eat later."

Yan Xiuji said "hmm".

Zhou Ziyi hesitated for two seconds, then his heart skipped a beat, and he spoke out the words that had been lingering in his heart: "Well, I'm sorry."

Yan Xiuji looked at him: "What are you sorry for?"

"Just... various things." Zhou Ziyi, who was always sharp-tongued, got stuck and tried to recall his draft, "I've caused you a lot of trouble and made you worried. I'm... sorry."

Yan Xiuji was indeed depressed and dry, and it was indeed related to Zhou Ziyi. But now that Zhou Ziyi came to apologize honestly, Yan Xiuji not only didn't feel any better, but became even more confused. He looked at the young man in front of him expressionlessly and replied, "You didn't drown on purpose, so there's no need to apologize."

"But, it did cause trouble for you." Zhou Ziyi scratched his head and said, "I had a big problem. The doctor said that maybe I was physically exhausted, but I didn't feel it mentally, so I cramped in the water. I I won't go wandering around anymore, I'll stay quietly with you and won't cause trouble for you."

"Whatever you want." Yan Xiuji replied firmly at first, but then he felt that it was a bit much and added, "The doctor said that you can move freely as long as you rest. You don't have to stop eating because of choking."

"Okay, anyway, I will take a good rest first and not cause any trouble to you." Zhou Ziyi paused and asked another question that he had been curious about, "By the way, do you know who found me drowning?"

"..." Yan Xiuji didn't know how the topic was changed, so he asked, "Why do you ask this?"

"Well, because I still remember that I was drowning and couldn't call for help." Zhou Ziyi said, "If someone hadn't discovered that I was drowning and took the initiative to save me, I would have been dead. But drowning only lasts for a minute or two. It's not easy to realize in time that something is wrong with me, right?"

After a pause, he continued: "When we came back, didn't the people at the hotel bring a book to register the information? There were all the people who had drowned recently, and I saw that there were quite a few people who were marked missing, which was scary. I If he also disappears, it will definitely be a disaster. So I want to ask, which angel realized that something was wrong?"

Yan Xiuji fell silent.

He originally planned to admit it, but as soon as Zhou Ziyi said the word "angel", Mr. Yan didn't want to admit it.

But Zhou Ziyi is sober now, and his smart IQ is on the high ground again. What's going on? Is there anything you still don't understand?

"Brother, I saw your clothes were soaked through in the hospital." Zhou Ziyi blinked, "You were the one who found me drowning, right?"

Yan Xiuji: "..."

Zhou Ziyi was now more certain: "This is a good thing for a good person. Mr. Yan, why are you hiding it from me? Are you afraid that I will give you my life?"

"I just don't want to listen to your nonsense." President Yan Da finally admitted, "It's just common sense, it's nothing."

"It's common sense to you, but it's a life-saving grace to me."

Zhou Ziyi smiled, then stepped forward, reached out and hugged Yan Xiuji suddenly.

Yan Xiuji:! ! !

Zhou Ziyi actually didn't know how to thank him. People who gave money looked down upon those few steel coins, and he didn't give anything else... Zhou Ziyi didn't have anything. You can only express your gratitude through actions first.

"...Thank you." Zhou Ziyi couldn't even think of words of thanks, and hugged Yan Xiuji tightly, "Brother, you saved me twice."

This was a bit strange, but Yan Xiuji understood it.

He did help Zhou Ziyi a lot, but he didn't want to hear the young man thank him in this tone.

"You don't have to be like this." Yan Xiuji patted Zhou Ziyi's back stiffly. At this moment, the inexplicable annoyance in his heart miraculously disappeared.

"Your life is your own, just live it well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 131K 45
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
7.5K 188 6
Many people choose to not believe in mythology or really anything but that's their choice many people choose to love God and many choose to hate him...
609K 32.4K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
59.1K 1.3K 92
Title: 离婚后,美人A每天都在求复合 Author:月春野 Status: Completed Description: Jiang Ye, a famous boxer, quit the ring and marry the only heir of the Chi family in...