ѕσ, уσυ ωαηт тσ ρℓαу ωιтн мαg...

By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N is a college teen who stumbled upon a certain TrollHunters adventure while she was kept in the dark. It a... More

How it began
The New Trollhunter
A duty to hold
An unhappy welcome
A small gift
Deep in the history books and self doubts
A hangout and a long week of problems coming...
A tiny problem
Goblin Infestation
Win, Lose or Draal
To catch a... Wizard? And a Changeling!
Adventures in Trollsitting
A crazy 16th birthday
Secrets out
The Battle of Two Bridges
A new girl on the team
A Little bit of a Magic Trick
A Team Build Up
First Trollhunter Quest
Blinky's Day Out
The Shattered King
A nightmare
Take care of you
Bowling
Wingmen
A Night to Remember
A lot to hold on
Against the law
Magic Bridge Heist
Worry
Welcome to the Darklands
A lot of conflictions
Picnic Date
Spring Break
Welcome to the Rock Show
The Fall of Trollmarket
A Night Patrol
Secrets reveal and a wanted man
Bad Coffee
Bug Infestation
Timing is Everything and a mix of D'aja Vu
A Date Night and a 1000-year old Sorceress
Magical K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Welcome to History
In this together
The Eternal Knight
A New Adventure Beginning Anew
Dogfight Days of Summer

Let's play with some magic

202 9 0
By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N was at the Hero's forge, alone. She came to Trollmarket and told Vendel she'll do some training in the Hero's forge and doesn't wish to be disturbed. She then went to Blinky's library to get a book of spells.

Looking through the pages of the book, she came across a protection or shield magic. She read the instructions and saw the words in backward. "Huh... So it's in reverse or just backward. Are all wizard spells like this?" She paused herself thinking if wizards is the right word for females. "Would females normally call themselves witches or wizards? Eh."

She pushed it away and closed the book, putting it down. She then took a deep breath in and out. She then snapped her fingers, letting a troll dummy appear. She stared down at the dummy, raised her hand, and pointed at it. "Okay, you can do this. This is not like in the movies." She closed her eyes and took another breath.

The blue gen glowed softly as Y/N focused herself and her energy. Blocking any thoughts in her head to focus on one thing. "Dleihs!" (Shield) A small circle slowly formed on her hand.

With that, a bubble formed around the dummy, and her gem slowed its glow down. Y/N peeked an eye open and saw the bubble form. Y/N gasped and clapped her hands. "Awesome! But... That was just a warm-up. Magic is hard to do."

Y/N picked the book up and continued to flip through after two minutes and the shield disappeared as she flipped through and found another spell. "An attack spell? Okay, this should be the first lesson for me. And there's quite a lot too." Slapping the book closed, putting it away and she rubbed her hands.

"Okay, let's try this." Y/N sighed and closed her eyes, raising her two hands and pointing at the dummy. "Etarenicni!" (Incinerate). She opened her eyes and saw nothing happen and she sighed. "Of course, after my first try, it wouldn't work out. Let's try again." She picked up the book again and chose a different spell.

"A spell that creates any weapon of your choice. Let's try... This." Y/N refocused back on the dummy and raised her hands again, "Worra Emalf!" (Flame Arrow) a circle appeared on her hand and a small arrow shot out of her hand and hit the dummy, marking it.

"Yes! Success! Could use some practice." And Y/N continued to look through the book and tried with multiple spells almost the whole day.

Dropping onto the floor she sighed in exhaustion. She heard some footsteps to see a Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! come in. "Oh hey, guys!" Aaarrrgghh!!! waved to her and Blinky greeted with a smile. "Master Y/N what are you doing here?" Y/N stood up with the book in her hand and brushed the dust off her pants. "Oh you know, just practicing some martial arts."

"Well, right now we have to check the forge for a moment. We thought we could make some changes a bit." Y/N nodded and followed the two to a certain platform and Aaarrrgghh!!! started to lift it up and Blinky hopped inside.

After a while Aaarrrgghh!!!'s arm started to get tired. "Higher. Just a little higher." Blinky said, popping out from beneath the rock that had left a gaping hole. "Arms hurt." Y/N gave a worried glance to the giant troll. "Focus on how much Master Jim's arms will hurt should this training equipment malfunction." Their current task was interrupted when Toby came running in with a panicked voice. The three turned their attention to the running chubby.

"Blinky! Y/N! Wingman! We've got trouble! It's Draal. Well, I mean, it's Jim. But it's Draal's fault." Y/N walked up to the upset boy and patted his back to calm him down. "Did Draal kill him? Never should have consented to Draal supplementing Master Jim's training." He wondered, standing in the vast control panel. "Blinky, there's no way. Draal's honorable."

"He didn't kill him. He gave him something. It's like a totem. A 'great shake' or something. It's making Jim crazy." Y/N and Aaarrrgghh!!! looked at each other with a concerned look, "Crazy?" Aaarrrgghh!!! asked, struggling to keep the rock up. "Uhhh, how crazy are we talking?" Y/N asked with uncertainty in her voice.

"Yeah! It's like he's drunk or something. He's completely without fear or impulse control. And he's totally 'crispy'." Blinky crawled out from the hole he was in. "Tobias, this totem, was it a Grit-Shaka?" Toby nodded and pointed at him for correcting him, "Yes! That's it!" Y/N doesn't know what that totem is so she asked. "What's a Grit-Shaka? Sounds... Uh, strange."

"No fear." Aaarrrgghh!!! answered her he slammed the rock down. "That's how it works on Troll physiology. But how will it act on a human?" Blinky's questioning look made Y/N and Toby worried. "Uh... Doesn't he have a rehearsal?"

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The three then found Jim at the tattoo shop, where Jim was sitting and they saw the troll was about to pound the metal into Jim's plushy flesh, Blinky had interrupted them. "Cease this madness!" Blinky quickly yelled out, pushing a troll from his view.

"Hey! Perfect timing, buds! Let's all get tats!" He said excitedly as he laughed and stretched his hand out to them. "Fellowship! High-five?" The others didn't give the high-five and Y/N was judging him real hard right now, 'cause what the hell?

"If you would give us a moment," Blinky mumbled to the Troll who simply walked off, since they were leaving him hanging Jim gently patted his hand against his own as Blinky facepalmed. "Great Gronka Morka, it's even worse than you said. Master Jim, the Grit-Shaka." Blinky held out his hand for Jim to give the totem to him.

"Ha, ha! Cool, right?" He pointed to it before his voice deepened and he pointed to Blinky. "I mean, crispy." He grinned and Y/N cringed badly, "Oh god..." Toby looked at Y/N with a nod. "I was thinking more along the lines of 'unholy' and 'disturbing'." Aaarrrgghh!!!'s thick finger pointed at Jim. "Dangerous!" He added in. Jim protected his necklace.

"That, too. Master Jim, that is a Gumm-Gumm totem, reason enough to be wary of it. But the fact that you are a human makes its effects unpredictable!" Jim's eyebrows dropped when his friend had put a stop to his fun. "And that necklace is not a good look for you," Toby said, pointing an accusing finger.  "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What is this? An intervention?" Jim pulled the large hand of the Tattoo troll near his back but Blinky quickly pushed it away. "If need be." Y/N then walked next to Blinky, "Jim. Hand over the totem please."

"Well, need not be! I'm fine. I am better than fine. And if you want the Grit-Shaka, you're gonna have to take it from me." He stood up, the amulet clenched in his hand behind his back. "Come on, Jimbo. We don't have to go there." Jim quickly pulled out the key to his armor before speaking the incantation weirdly. "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command! Holla!"

He yelled as he was pulled from the ground and circled in metal, the armor connecting piece by piece as he grinned. "What the actual..." Y/N was cut off, once he finally landed, he moaned happily before landing a pose. "Or maybe we do," Toby spoke, totally done with his friend already. "That's right! Uh-huh! I just went there!" He stood with satisfaction.

"Is he serious right now?" Y/N deadpans with a dead voice. Aaarrrgghh!!! growled as he shoved Blinky gently out of the way before advancing on Jim. "Be gentle with him," Toby said from the back, Y/N raised a brow at her friend. "I don't think Aaarrrgghh!!! needs to be 'gentle' with Mr Cringe here." She made the fingers when she said 'gentle'.

Jim watched as Aaarrrgghh!!! advanced before diving out of the way with an achieving laugh, knowing that the large troll had missed him. Aaarrrgghh!!! roared as he looked to see that his target wasn't captured. He dove again but Jim jumped from him, stepping on his back before landing directly behind him with grunts. Jim laughed and ran off. "Oh, great."

"Grit-Shaka has changed him, indeed. Master Jim was never this nimble." He punched the air a few times before looking at Toby and Y/N with a smile. Not pleased, Toby glared along with Y/N who crossed her arms. They needed the normal Jim back. "I mean, this is terrible!" He stated before following Jim as Toby called out his best friend's name.

"Master Jim, I beg you, do not lose yourself," Blinky yelled, chasing the boy down. "Lose? I found myself! And I wasn't even looking for me." The four chased after Jim as the Trolls watched them in wonder as if to know what was going on. "The Grit-Shaka's effect on you is false, which makes it dangerous." Jim dodged an oncoming Troll as Blinky followed.

"You should always be afraid! If Bular attacked you in this state..." Jim quickly turned the corner and jumped off a small ledge letting out a high pitch: "...you would not be able to defend yourself." Blinky jumped as well as Aaarrrgghh!!! quickly set Toby and Y/N on his back and followed. "Oh, yeah? I'll show you. I'm not afraid of Bular! I'm not afraid of anything! Wait a minute."

His eyes caught sight of a few gnomes resting on a small shop canopy. He laughed as his sword appeared and he jumped, letting his sword pull on the cloth before letting it go, causing the gnomes to fly with a cheer.

Blinky let out a scream as he watched them fly towards him, two landed beside him while one had used his face to land on. Blinky lifted the small creature off with a scream, watching as the gnome yipped and struggled in his grip with angry chatter. "Scum of the Earth!" He yelled before throwing it. He wiped his face from where the gnome had touched before gasping as a small crowd gathered around Jim, listening to him.

"I'll show you! I'm not afraid of anything! I-I-I will fight Bular. I will end him today!" Jim lifted his sword high as one troll cheered. Toby called out his name and hopped down from Aaarrrgghh!!!. Y/N sighed with a shake of her head, "He's doomed."

"That went poorly." He perked up realizing something. "Fortunately, Jim has no means by which he can locate Bular." Y/N saw a nervous look on Toby. "That's not exactly true," Toby said quickly, causing Blinky to panic.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Toby and Y/N standing outside of Claire's house, peering up at an open window. "NotEnrique! Have you seen Jim?" A sudden flash of green was seen in the window as the changeling popped out the window in his true form. "Hey! Get away! You're gonna blow me cover!"

"Come on! Did you tell Jim where Bular's hiding?" Toby and Y/N didn't have much time, "If a bloke wants to commit suicide, who am I to stand in his way?" He dropped from the window as Y/N then continued asking for Toby. "Where did he go?"

"I can't hear you," NotEnrique said as he sat on the side of his crib. Y/N glared at the window and nudged Toby. Pulling the only card he had, Toby took out a moldy sock, waving it off like a prize. "I've got stinky sweat socks. Haven't been washed all week." There was no hesitation for NotEnrique as he jumped back in the window. "Give me, give me, give me!" 

"Now, tell us where Jim is!" NotEnrique grumbled, "He went to the sewers. That's where Bular is hidin'." Y/N and Toby nodded and Toby threw the sock his way and the changeling caught it in his mouth.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Toby and Y/N standing behind a gate as they discuss with their fellow partners. "NotEnrique said we'd find him in the sewers. We'll scout from above while you and Aaarrrgghh!!! search below." Blinky and Aaarrrgghh were on the other side, quickly agreeing with the plan before they took separate ways. "Good idea."

Once the two were out of sight, Toby took a head start but stopped when Y/N didn't move. "Y/N?" Toby called to the girl. "Coming! Let's take my car and search through Arcadia." She caught up with the boy. "Okay but why were you spacing out?" Since Toby knew she could do magic she might as well tell him. "I've been practicing with my sudden powers." Toby smiled at the girl. "Really? Did you do a spell that can find Jim?"

Y/N shook her head. "Toby I just learned I have powers and I've only been practicing defense and offense magic." The two hopped into her car and they drove off to find their fearless friend. "And I just hope we're not too late. And after we find Jim I might as well practice tracking magic. You don't mind helping right?" Toby shook his head and she smiled.

After driving for a while, she parked nearby and the two hopped out of the car and Toby started to tell Jim's name through the nearby manhole on the side of the street. Y/N whipped her head on the road where there was a sewer cover, and she heard Jim's voice. "Toby! Here's there!" Toby stood up and ran over to where Y/N pointed.

They ran across the street, making sure there weren't any cars. Toby peeked through the sewer cover holes to see Jim's armor came into view. Toby called out to him but he wouldn't listen. Toby grabbed Y/N's hand to the other side of the street. Toby kneeled over to another manhole and continued to call for Jim.

Toby gasped as he lifted his head, peering at another sewer entryway. Y/N looked to where Toby was looking and the two heard voices. And they feared the worst. "Is Jim fighting right now?!" Toby whispered an 'oh no' and the two started running across the street, a car honking at them, almost about to hit them.

"Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!" Toby gaped out when he and Y/N almost got their early deaths. Toby fell onto his knees and called down into the hole. "Jim!" They continued to hear fighting then Toby saw Jim's body, lying on the wet concrete. Toby continued calling for Jim. Toby tried to pry the entrance from the ground.

Y/N and Toby continued calling out to Jim and they heard Jim's voice and he was back. "Toby! Y/N! Where am I? What's going on?" Toby tried to get it open some more with Y/N's help, realizing their friend was clueless, alone, and couldn't be saved if Toby and Y/N did nothing. He strained as he tried harder.

"I can't get it open!" Toby looked towards the girl. "Y/N try to use some magic!" Y/N shook her head, "Toby, I can't and besides there are people around! And other than that I'M PANICKING AS MUCH AS YOU ARE!" Then a roar cut them off and Toby kept trying harder and harder until... "For the glory of Merlin!" He screamed as he finally opened the hatch and flew back. Y/N rushed to the boy and helped him up and they looked over the now open sewer.

They heard Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! but they heard a yell from them. They were probably cut off too. Y/N then reached her hand down to the boy as Toby called out to him. "Jim, grab Y/N's hand! Come on!" She held her hand down, trying to save their friend. "You can do it!"

Jim tried, jumping high but sadly it wasn't enough. Bular still circled him but the tip of his sword was dragging near Jim's feet. "I can't reach! The armor! It's too heavy, Tobes!" Then Bular's voice echoed in the sewer, giving Y/N goodbumps. "Pathetic that you meet your end in a sewer, Young Atlas." Bular finished, Jim's mouth dropped as quick flashbacks played in Jim's mind.

Jim's eyes were wide and filled with terror. Y/N sees Jim frozen in place as he gasps as he holds his head with his armored hand. She then heard Blinky's voice.  "Master Jim! You must get out of there!" Blinky screamed at him.

Jim looked at Blinky, Bular used the distraction to lift his sword with a yell before stabbing the concrete where Jim was once was after dodging any killing blow. He rolled from the sword to the other side, yet, Bular was quicker. Jim ran in the other direction before turning around as time slowed down, Jim blinked as he watched Bular roar and prepare his sword.

The sounds of heavy breathing and a heartbeat had accompanied and felt everything moved in a slow motion. Bular swung but Jim jumped back, still moving at a slow and tense speed. Bular swiped again but Jim jumped back even further. The Trollhunter looked above before facing Bular once again. His eyebrows dropped as he realized something that could easily help him.

As Bular swung again, Jim easily did a flip, landing backwards from the blade that was wedged deeply in the concrete, causing it to get stuck. Jim watched as Bular tried to yank it out. Y/N then called out to Jim, "Jim, grab my hand! Now!"

Y/N heard Jim give a last message to Bular, "I lost the Grit-Shaka." Jim started as he placed his metal foot on the blunter side of the blade as he pulled the amulet from his chest, revealing his no longer protected human body. "But I can still be brave."

In anger, Bular roared, finally pulling the sword from the ground that Jim was balancing on. As Bular threw the now free sword, he had also thrown Jim into the air who quickly grabbed onto Y/N's slender hand.

Y/N pulled Jim out of the sewer with a little struggle, but Toby helped by grabbing Jim's other hand and managed to get their friend to safety who was close to being pulled back down by Bular. Toby and Y/N managed to get them and Jim out and Jim did not hesitate to kick the circular cover back onto the manhole frantically, screaming as he did so.

Bukar roared before he was fully covered up. Y/N, Jim, and Toby watched the now silent manhole until Bular's fist appeared, punching the cover-up into the air, startling the two boys and the frantic college girl but still couldn't get out. They shrieked before dropping back groaning after the heart-racing event.

Jim breathed heavily before sitting up halfway and spilling the news. "Stricker's a Changeling." Toby still lying down as Y/N sat up. "I never trusted him. Also, you've been a real turd today." Y/N chuckled at him, "And clearly I don't want to know what happened to you, Jim." Toby sat up a little too, looking at his friend.

Jim chuckles "And I smell like one, too." Jim looked between his friends, "Thanks for saving my neck. I owe you two one." Y/N nodded with a smile as Toby still tired, "Yeah, great. Just don't ever say 'crispy' again." Y/N nodded in agreement, "Yes, please don't do this ever again."

"Deal." Jim held up his hand causing Toby and Y/N to smile before the three high-fived, right as a car pulled up and honked their horn. "Hey! Move it!" Toby dropped back onto the ground the three not caring.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N dropped the keys on the table and walked to her room. Dropping on the bed and slightly dozed off until she really fell asleep. It turned night already and Douxie arrived with Archie behind him. "Y/N?" Douxie called out to the girl. He knocked on her door and opened it to see her sleeping on her bed.

He smiled and walked over to bring the blanket over him and covered her body. Y/N snuggled against her pillow and Douxie soothed her head. Archie hopped onto her bedside table. "She seems exhausted than usual."

"She probably had an adventure." Douxie chuckled as they stayed in her room for a while.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 777 22
𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷: 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟...
1.4K 78 9
The fact that you know that you're the last of your kind is hard to cope with. When Y/n arrives home after her long deployment, she is immediately s...
35.6K 1K 21
Y/N is the niece of Walter Stricklander, they go deep into a jungle into a hidden temple which held a ancient troll assassin named 'Angor Rot'. Walte...