By Chance | Complete |

By _STMG_

[Completed Book One]After a failed suicide attempt, the death of her parents the same day, and the loss of he... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chpater Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Epilogue
By Desire - Book Two [Published]

Chapter Seventy Five

5.6K 112 28
By _STMG_

Lyra

"Baby, I want to go to your game. But I have to cover the shift. Teddy's at the game too."

"What are their numbers?" He sat up, the blanket falling down his bare torso as his arm reached for the nightstand.

"You are not calling them. Or texting them."

"They're both not sick. They're fucking. So give me their numbers unless they want to be the main contributing cause to us not winning tomorrow because you aren't there."

"You'll be fine without me. You used to do it."

"Hardly." He handed me his phone with a text already open.

"River. They're sick." He narrowed his eyes on me. "She has a boyfriend."

"That has never stopped a man before. Especially not a teenage boy. I've been on both ends."

"Have you?" I raised a brow at him.

"I've been the one being cheated on and the one sleeping with a taken girl."

"Was that part of your mysterious three way?

"I knew you were listening." His lips curled into a smirk. "I knew you wanted to know more."

"I don't want to know more."

"Give me their numbers."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I love you, and I want to support you. But I also have to do my job."

He had the stupidest of smiles on his adorable face. "Numbers, Baby."

When he finally got Lexi and Jonathan's numbers, they both sent him to voicemail after a couple of rings.

After his third call, Jonathan finally picked up. River kissed my forehead before going to his closet.

I sat up, running my hand through my hair.

My phone soon buzzed with two texts as River exited his closet. "You're coming to the game. They are certainly not sick. He was getting head over the phone."

"Why do you know that?" I scrunched up my nose.

"Because he's a sixteen year old boy who doesn't know how to act on the phone when his dick is in someone's mouth."

River had answered his phone a few times while we were in the middle of something, and he acted as if nothing was happening. It was kind of hot, if I'm being honest.

No matter what I do, he somehow is able to repress everything until they're talking and he's on mute or until the phone calls over with.

"So you're coming to my game," He tilted my chin up and kissed me. "You're my good luck charm."

"Mmm. You just want halftime."

"Ask James, you're my good luck charm." He moved a strand of hair away from qmy face, behind my ear. "I wasn't going to continue with Basketball this year."

"What?"

"It's stupid, I just didn't think we were going to go far with football. If we lost, I wasn't going to come back, let Teddy be team captain for the year. But, we won. And here we are. After you started coming to my games, James said my performance improved. I really just hated that you were at my games so much, I think it motivated me cause I wanted to get blackout drunk."

"Come here," I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his chest. "Thank you. I love you, and I love being at your games."

"I love you, Ly." He whispered. His hand tangled in my hair. "I need you at my games."

"I'll be there. I promise."

Even if this ended. Even when it ends.

"Coffee, gum, camera, water, snacks, I think we got it all." I said as I looked through our bag.

"Perfect," she grabbed our coffee cups as we got out of Teddy's truck.

Sasha locked the doors as we headed into the school. "Lexi told me about River's call when I stopped by last night. That man's completely, and utterly obsessed with you. He told them they'd single handedly be responsible for the team losing the whole season if you weren't here today."

My cheeks heated slightly. "I know. I felt so bad."

"Don't, they were hired to work the shifts Teddy would be away for sports. You and Teddy work more than they do. We've caught them so many god damn times too."

I raised a brow at her. "You didn't tell me this."

"Because Teddy takes care of it."

"I love you."

She laughed as we turned down the hall, to the gym.

"We should stop at that ice cream place we saw before going home."

"If the boys aren't grumpy."

When we got into the gym, both sets of bleachers were almost full. But Miranda and Mal had come with the boys and saved us seats.

Miranda waved us over and they were both wearing their husband's old basketball shirts. I held out their coffees to them before we took our seats.

I shrugged off my jacket, I had on River's extra jersey over a long sleeved black shirt. I also had my necklace with his number on it.

Sasha was wearing the same thing, and had her own necklace with Teddy's number on it.

River spotted me before the game started and held up three fingers before turning to Teddy.

Three fingers means I love you. He did that when he couldn't come over and see me.

I bit my bottom lip to try to stop my smile.

He made me feel like a child, in the best way. He made me smile like crazy no matter where we were, or who was around.

By halftime, the scores were tied at 27.

I got down from the bleachers, standing beside them as he jogged over to me. "Hi." He cupped the side of my face as he kissed me.

"You're playing incredibly. I have pictures to prove it."

He smiled. "You always say that."

"It must be true. Are you okay?"

He nodded. "They're better this year. A lot better."

"Let me fill your bottle, go see your mom." I kissed his cheek, grabbing the bottle from him.
I found the water fountain just outside the gym and filled it. Just as I was closing it, I heard my name from close behind me.

I lifted my head and turned around to find the last person I wanted to fucking to see.

"Hi."

"Hi, Levi." I turned to leave but he stepped in front of me. His eyes fell down my body.

I instantly felt uncomfortable, crossing my arms over my chest. "Can I help you?"

"You're a Mount View basket bunny now?" He smirked. "You're Evers's basket bunny."

"Not that it's really any of your business, but River's my boyfriend."

He started laughing of all fucking things. "You're desirable choice this year? That's funny."

"You can move unless you'd like my fist in your face."

"What did I tell you last time you punched me, Lyra? You don't think I'll hit you back again?"

My eyes narrowed at him. "Go ahead. I'd love to explain to my boyfriend, who's five inches taller than you, that you harassed me and hit me."

"Basket bunnies always think they're more than just a fuck. You've always had trouble between identifying just a fuck." He took a step closer to me. "What would happen if your 'boyfriend' saw those photos of you? Do you honestly think he'd still want you?"

My stomach dropped. "You said you got rid of them."

He shook his head. "They were meant to be mailed to your father before his death. Unfortunately you took that joy away from me. And whatever money-"

"I promise he wouldn't have paid you off."

"He paid your sister's exes off. But these are nothing like those."

I know.

"What do you want?"

"Lyra," River's voice came around the corner. He came up behind Levi, towering over him. "What's wrong? Colters?" His eyes shifted to Levi.

"Hey, Man." He grinned. "Amazing game out there. You're giving our team quite the workout."

"Yeah, they're doing good out there." River slipped his arm around my waist, grabbing his water. "Thanks, Baby. How do you know Lyra?"

Levi's eyes darted between us. "We used to date. Just saying hi." He gave me a smile before wishing River good luck.

"What happened?" He asked when Levi went back to the gym.

"He was just saying hi."

"What photos was he talking about, Lyra?"

"I don't know," I shook my head. "He's never been really all there."

"I came out and he said he was-"

"Stop, I don't know what you're talking about. You have to get back out there."

"I love that my girlfriend is keeping secrets and lying to me. It fucking amazing." His jaw clenched before he shoved the gym door open, holding it open for me.

"Like you don't keep shit from me?"

"Like what?"

"Really?"

"I'm not doing this, Lyra."

"If you're going to be like that to me, I'll leave. I'm here for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 14.3K 42
You have no idea how much I need boring. Two years after the murder of her parents Caia is finally ready to start anew. New name, new town, new schoo...
209K 9K 68
The Nerd. Natalie Watson. Straight A student,plain girl,quiet,reserved. She lives her life one day at a time,with a loving mother, a far away best fr...
10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
1.4K 57 46
[MAJOR WIP & EDITING GOING ON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE] A past to run from. A new country to settle in. And avoiding men's touch in every way pos...