RWBY||Defender of Remnant

By DragonLord39

Everyone knows that the lions of Voltron, Defender of the Universe, a mech made from the ore of a trans-reali... More

Sincline Character Bio {Stage: 1}
Prologue
Chapter 1: Remnant
Chapter 2: Team RWBY
Chapter 3: Learning the Basics
Chapter 4: Initiation
Chapter 5: A Different Kind of Fight
Chapter 6: Classes
Chapter 7: Players
Chapter 8: A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 9: Painting the Town...
Chapter 10: Extracurricular
Christmas Special
New Year Special
Chapter 11: Living in a Nightmare: Part 1
Chapter 12: Living in a Nightmare: Part 2
Chapter 13: Living in a Nightmare: Part 3
Chapter 14: Living in a Nightmare: Part 4
Chapter 15: Living in a Nightmare: Part 5
Chapter 16: Living in a Nightmare: Part 6
Late Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 17: Truthful Dares
Chapter 18: Dangerous Day: Part 1
Chapter 19: Dangerous Day: Part 2
Chapter 20: Silver and Gold
Chapter 21: Camping 101
Chapter 22: Dance Dance Infiltration: Part 1
Chapter 23: Dance Dance Infiltration: Part 2
Chapter 24: Field Trip
Chapter 25: Search and Destroy: Part 1
Chapter 26: Search and Destroy: Part 2
Chapter 27: No Brakes
Chapter 28: Breach
Chapter 29: Battle of the Breach
Chapter 30: Argus Limited
Chapter 31: Brunswick Farms
Chapter 32: Apathy
Chapter 33: Grimm Reaper
Chapter 34: A Good Day
Chapter 35: Argus Defense
4th of July Special
Chapter 36: Titans
Chapter 37: Legends Never Die
Chapter 38: Retribution
Chapter 39: Fallout
Chapter 40: Robyn Hill
Chapter 41: Patch
Chapter 42: Vytal Festival
Chapter 43: Round One
Chapter 44: New Challengers
Chapter 45: A Brawl in the Family
Chapter 46: Lessons Learned
Chapter 47: Worthy
Chapter 48: Never Miss a Beat
Chapter 49: Entity
Chapter 50: Maidens and Entities
Chapter 51: Truths and Secrets
Chapter 52: Nuckelavee
Late Halloween Special
Chapter 53: The Calm before the Storm
Chapter 54: The Eye of the Storm
Chapter 55: The Storm Approaches
Chapter 56: Gauntlets and Greaves
Chapter 57: Witches and Roses
Chapter 58: Menagerie
Chapter 59: Coup
Chapter 60: The Battle of Beacon: Part 1
Chapter 61: The Battle of Beacon: Part 2
Chapter 62: The Battle of Beacon: Part 3
Chapter 63: The Battle of Beacon: Part 4
Chapter 64: When All is Lost: Part 1
Chapter 66: Battle for Remnant: Part 1
Chapter 67: Battle for Remnant: Part 2
Chapter 68: Battle for Remnant: Part 3
Chapter 69: Battle for Remnant: Part 4
Chapter 70: Battle for Remnant: Part 5
Chapter 71: Aftermath
Epilogue

Chapter 65: When All is Lost: Part 2

453 17 10
By DragonLord39

3rd Person POV

With Sincline

"Even with the assistance of the White Fang," Ironwood said, gesturing to the middle of the room where a hologram of Remnant was projected, "our position is still precarious. Dangerously so."

(A/N) Like this, just replace the eagle with the Atlas symbol, the kaiju holograms with that of Remnant, and Herman with Ironwood.

He, Winter, Goodwitch, Qrow, Sienna, Kali, Ghira, Raven, Summer, Tai (who had rushed to the base as soon as he could), Mercury, Sincline, Yang, Blake, Weiss, Roman, Neo, and Team JNPR stood around the room, the lights dimmed as they all stared at the holograms.

"While hostilities between us and the Fang are at an end, Grimm have overtaken all our major cities and schools," Winter said, pulling up a diagram. "We may have repelled the attack on Beacon for the time being... but we can only assume we are the last fighting force left operational."

"This attack was coordinated," Sienna agreed. "The schools, major cities, even Menagerie were all attacked at the same time. This was no accident."

"The brunt of the assault took place in Atlas, at our military bases," Ironwood said, pulling up a map of Atlas, where dozens of red dots hovered above several locations. "In the initial outbreak of the attack, we lost over 60% of our airships and 50% of our ground forces. The survivors are currently en route to our base here. Most of the civilians were wiped out by the Grimm, and what few escaped remain located in hidden bunkers across Mantle and Atlas." It's a miracle that Atlas is still in the air, the General thought, more than thankful for that. If it had fallen... well, he didn't want to think about what would happen.

"That includes Menagerie as well," Kali agreed. "Many of our citizens suffered dearly in the Grimm attack. We brought everyone who survived, and very few are still able to fight."

"Argus has fallen as well," Winter reported. "Fifteen Leviathans attacked and burnt it to the ground... even with the Particle Barrier, there were no survivors."

"So, in other words, we're on our own and outnumbered 4,000 to one," Torchwick summed up, leaning on his cane. "The question is..."

"What next?" Raven finished.

Frowning, Sincline examined the map, eyes intent as Ironwood spoke up. "We only have a few options," the General stated. "Right now, we can repel any Grimm assault under a level seven. However, if it's above..."

"We're toast," Qrow summarized. "How long can we hold out?"

"We have two Maidens: me and Raven," Summer pointed out. "But even we will tire out eventually. Maybe no more than a few weeks?"

"Eventually, we will run out of supplies," Goodwitch agreed. "Over half our rescued civilians are injured, with several dozen in critical condition."

"My bandits may be able to supply us with some resources, and with the White Fang's assistance, we may be able to hold out for some time," Raven acknowledged, tracing a finger on the hilt of her sword. "But still, even our combined forces will not be enough to repel more than five Grimm assaults. And if Salem brings the full weight of her power down on us..."

"Our defenses will fall," Ironwood confirmed, closing his eyes momentarily. "And with Ozpin gone..."

"The Grimm have us outnumbered more than a thousand to one," Winter agreed, fighting back the fear that was creeping down her spine. "These are not favorable odds."

"Then what do we do?" Kali asked.

Everyone fell silent. What could they do?

"We take the fight to Salem." Everyone turned as Sincline stepped forward, his gaze intent. "You said it yourself, General," he stated. "Eventually, our defenses will fall. We can't hold out indefinitely."

"Then what makes you think taking the fight to Salem is any better than our current strategy?" Sienna asked.

"Many things," Sincline replied. "For starters, we don't have a choice. Salem is coming for the Maidens. She'll come here, to this base, and like it or not, she will succeed. We will die." It was plain and simple. Salem's game was a battle of attrition. The longer she waited, the weaker they would get.

"Then what do you propose?" Winter asked.

"We take the fight to her," Sincline repeated, causing everyone to stare at him as if he had lost his mind. They had thought he had been kidding the first time, but if he were serious... "We fight her here; civilians will die. If we fight her on her home turf, at least we will have a chance to minimalize casualties."

"You're saying a fight with Salem is inevitable," Ironwood acknowledged. "If we battle her in her home territory, she will have the advantage."

"Her forces are spread thin across the entire planet," Sincline replied. "It's the opportune moment to attack. It's our only moment to attack. Give her time to amass her forces, and she'll come for us."

"Maybe, but if we attack now, she can draw her forces from all around Remnant to trap us with her," Goodwitch pointed out. "We'll be handing her an easy victory."

"Maybe," Sincline acknowledged. "But if we fight, we'll at least have a chance to win."

"How?" Qrow asked. "Salem is immortal. If Ozpin had a way to beat her, he would have used it before."

"We don't have to kill her to defeat her," Sincline stated. "I have a plan. It's risky, but it could be our only chance to beat her."

"Meaning?"

Stepping forward, Sincline explained his plan. When he finished, there was a moment of silence, several staring at him in horror and shock while the others considered it.

"It could work," Ironwood said hesitantly, thinking. However, Yang and the others had a more violent reaction.

"Sincline, no, there has to be another way!" Yang protested.

"Face it, Yang," Sincline replied, his expression Grimm. "This is our only chance."

"But Ruby—"

"—Is all that matters," Sincline finished, his gaze meeting Yang's and holding it, purple eyes locking with lilac. The message was clear: he was not backing down on this.

"Sincline—" Pyrrha started.

"No, Pyrrha," Sincline replied, glancing at her. "It's the only way we can win." He turned to face Ironwood. "General?"

As one, everyone turned to Ironwood.

"You can't let him do this," Weiss protested. Surely the General or at least her sister would be able to talk him out of it... right?

"...It is our only chance," Ironwood replied somberly. He faced Sincline. "Are you sure you want to do this?" There was no going back if they went through with it.

Sincline nodded.

"Very well," Ironwood acknowledged and turned to face Sienna, Qrow, and Summer. "Can we count on the White Fang for support?"

Sienna nodded, her eyes blazing as she clenched the dagger at her side. "We will fight until the last."

"The Huntsmen and Huntresses?"

"To the last of our ability," Goodwitch affirmed.

"And the Maidens?"

Summer and Raven exchanged nods. "With everything we have."

Ironwood turned to the group at large. "Prepare yourselves. However this ends... it ends at dawn."

Timeskip

"Sincline, you can't do this," Yang protested as she, Weiss, Blake, Team JNPR, and Mercury trailed after the mech-turned-human as he walked down to the airfield, Accalia at his side. Around them, the sound of activity filled the large field as hundreds of White Fang troops, Atlesian soldiers, Huntsmen, and Huntresses lo

aded into newly arrived airships and prepped the Bullheads.

"It's suicide," Weiss agreed, her blue eyes flashing with worry as they caught light from the moon above.

"As strong as you are, you will have no chance against her," Blake protested. "She'll kill you. You can't go through with this." Or worse....

"Not going through with it would kill us all," Sincline replied, turning to face her as the group stopped in the gateway of the base, the fading sound of their footsteps echoing around them.

"But there has to be another way," Yang objected, trying to get him to see reason. "You're our teammate. You can't just—"

"Yang," Sincline said sharply, and he was surprised at the feeling of calm, of acceptance that entered him. "You and I both know there isn't any other way to beat Salem. If it means... if Ruby will be safe, if Remnant will be safe, it'll be worth it."

"But Sincline..." Pyrrha said hesitantly, and, with a nod from Yang, embraced the mech-turned-human, burying her face in his shoulder. "Please," she whispered, tightening her grip on her comrade. "We can't lose you."

Stepping forward, Yang joined in the hug, Weiss and Blake following as they wrapped their arms around Sincline. Smiling sadly, Sincline returned the gesture. He wasn't going to cry. Not now.

"You guys know I would never do this unless there was no other way," Sincline said softly, pulling back and looking each of them in the eyes. "When we get to the field... I'm going to need you. All of you. Can I count on you?"

Yang nodded, wiping tears from her eyes as Pyrrha did the same.

Nodding, Sincline turned and grasped arms with Mercury. "You're a braver idiot than I'll ever be," the assassin informed with a half-hearted grin. It was hard to believe that just a few months ago, the two had been enemies (even though Sincline hadn't known at the time).

Sincline smiled faintly. "Better a brave idiot than a cowardly one." Exchanging a nod with Jaune, he pulled back. "Everyone!" he called, turning to the airstrip. "Listen up!"

The crowd fell silent, heads turning to Sincline as the mech-turned-human stepped forward. With a flash of light, purple fragments of energy swirled around him and formed into his ship, raising him into the sky. I hope this works, he thought.

Pausing, Sincline looked around the moonlit airfield, his gaze sweeping over the dozens of Faunus and humans around him. "My name is Sincline Yamato," he said, his voice carrying across the field as wind gusted around him, his eyes seeming to glow with an inner fire. "I'm a Huntsman from Beacon, a proud member of Team RWBY."

A murmur of confusion and skepticism washed over the crowd, but it died down as Sincline continued. "I'm talking to all of you. Things are dire... and you all deserve to know who we're really up against."

Multiple glints caught his eye as several reporters mixed in with the crowd turned on their cameras, broadcasting his words to anyone who might be watching or listening.

"This isn't a new enemy or Kingdom," Sincline stated. "This is a force you've faced before... for centuries: Salem, Queen of the very creatures that we've fought since humanity and Faunus alike have crawled the surface of Remnant. This is a war that's been years in the making... but now the fight is here. The fight is now. Salem is a Goddess—"

Shouts of disbelief and fear raged across the airfield, and Sincline raised his voice, his words echoing as he drew their attention once more onto himself. "But that does not mean that she can't be beaten. If she really was unstoppable, why is all of this—" He gestured around them: at the wounded, at the weary, and at those with nothing left to lose. "—happening now? She knows that we've become a threat, that we can defeat her. So even if... even if Atlas, Vale, and the rest of the world have fallen, we can't give up. There is only one way we'll win... and that's together."

His voice fell soft but carried across the silent grounds of the airfield as he looked out across the sea of humans and Faunus, different races once divided, but now united by a common threat. "Huntsmen and Huntresses of Atlas, Beacon, Haven, Shade..."

Every Huntsman and Huntress raised their weapons, their eyes gleaming as the sounds of guns and blades rattled across the crowd. "Soldiers of Atlas, White Fang of Menagerie...."

The Atlesian soldiers straightened, and the White Fang stood taller, their masks gleaming in the moonlight as their leather gloves tightened on their guns.

"Today there is not a human nor Faunus here that shall stand alone." Sincline's voice, which had once been soft, grew stronger, and so did the rising spirit of those assembled around him. "Not today. The Grimm... Salem, has taken everything from us. Our homes, our families... but that changes today."

Sincline saw Yang, Mercury, Weiss, Blake, and Team JNPR standing among the group, Ironwood, Summer, Raven, Winter, and the others as well. Whether by fate's discretion or some other force, they all looked to him, hanging on his every word... and he was not going to let them down.

"Today we face the monsters that are at our doors... and bring the fight to them!" Sincline's voice had risen to a shout, and every soul was focused on him as he raised his hand, a scimitar flashing into his grasp. The blade shone in the moonlight, burning with the same fire in Sincline's soul as he raised it toward the sky. "Today we are canceling the Apocalypse!"

As one, the crowd around him erupted into cheers, raising their weapons toward the sky as their voices combined as one, joined by many across Remnant as they proclaimed that they would not go silently into the night... not without bringing down every Grimm with them.

Hang on, Ruby, Sincline thought, his eyes flashing with purple fire as he gazed toward the distant horizon. We're coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 1.3K 33
[ALPHA Series] On the planet of Remnant, to the west of Vale, lies a small island known as Patch. There lies Signal Academy and the home of (Y/N) Ros...
97.1K 2.5K 106
Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon its surface. Upon these many, many Humans...
17.4K 223 15
Braedey Martin, bearer of the Transformatrix, a powerful ancient device created by the Thirteen Primes of Cybertron, allowing one to transform into a...
2.6K 104 7
Following the War against Salem, Sincline and the rest of Remnant are faced with yet another as they are thrust into a conflict predating Existence h...