Platonic

By GraysonClover

During one of his last years in school, David meets a few people and find himself becoming a social butterfly... More

Chapter One: Life's Great
Chapter Two: Excuse Me, Missy
Chapter Three: Daisy, Daisy.
Chapter Four: Curious One
Chapter Six: Under The Rug
Chapter Seven: Certainly Uncertain
Chapter Eight: Friend Love
Chapter Nine: Set Up
Chapter Ten: More About You

Chapter Five: Sober Sundays

2 0 0
By GraysonClover

(Romeo's POV)

      I opened my eyes to a sun beaming through the window, and me spooning David in my boxers. "What the hell," I said under my breath to myself, curious on how the two of us had gotten in this position. He didn't budge either. All it took was for Missy to come in and she'd never live a scene like this down.

I almost slapped myself when I found my pajama pants on the floor and I was in nothing on me besides boxers and a tank top. I was sure I had the pants on all night. Why the hell did David allow me to sleep with him like this? Well, not sleep together but sleep in the same- you get the point.

      I sat upright in my side of the bed and kicked my pair of slippers on. I stood up, but I hand pulled me back.

      "W-wait. Don't-"

      David tugged on my shirt to which I turned around. It seemed like he didn't want me to go freshen up so I could stay with him. Cute.

      "I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

      I stood back up again, this time without him pulling on me. I petted my skateboard good morning and walked out of the room. Damn, I didn't know he was clingy. I don't even know if he even likes men. Come to think about it, I don't really know shit about this man besides his name and age, well that might be a stretch.

      In the bathroom I washed my face and brushed my teeth, and then just sat on the toilet seat cover and used my phone, occupying a bathroom for absolutely no reason. I sat there for a few minutes until someone knocked on the door. Not sure why they chose this one as if there wasn't more bathrooms, but I still asked who it was.

"It's me," David said from the other side of the door.

"Open."

He came into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. He brushed his teeth and we didn't share a word until til he had finished. Why? I'm not sure.

"You choked me to sleep yesterday," he laughed. "I couldn't move."

"I woke up spooning you. You couldn't move there either?"

"That's weird. Stop." His cheeks looked as if someone slapped the shit out of him from how red they were.

"I knew you enjoyed me being that close."

He laughed, but the smile went away as quick as it came. I couldn't even read his face anymore. Did he actually not like me being that close? Usually my flirtatiousness worked on everyone.

"Can we talk Romeo?"

His expression was finally readable now. I could tell something was eating at him. Now I'd just have to shut up and let him spit it out.

"Can we get out the bathroom first?"

He walked out without saying a word and I followed behind him back to our room. He was just happy and now it seemed like it just completely faded away which made me even more curious of what he wanted to talk about.

We went into the room and sat on the bad, his face now fully empty of any form of emotion.

"What'd you wanna talk about? What is it?"

"If I knew something I probably shouldn't, and I know you know about it, would you be mad that I know," he whispered. "Would you?"

Whatever the hell he just said to me sounded like a tongue twister. I tried understanding what he said before replying, but I just couldn't make sense of it.

"Just spit it out."

"I know about Missy's parents."

      My heart legitimately sank straight to my ass. I just- I didn't even know how to reply to that. Do I ask him a question? Do I ignore him or unfriend him?

      I stared at him blankly for a minute before replying to his...outburst.

      "You...how?"

      I noticed David's sadness begin to wash over him pretty quickly as a few regret tears fell down his face. It wasn't actually my place to ask why or how he knows, but I was still his friend.

      "Who told you?"

      He didn't answer me.

      "Who told you, David?"

      He ignored me for a second time.

      "Just tell me who the hell told you."

      At possibly the most wrong timing in American history we both heard the bathroom doorknob turn as Pete began opening the door.

      "Is everything okay in here?"

      "Yes. Get out," I snapped.

      "If there's a problem, I can help you guys."

      "No Pete. Just leave."

      He pulled his head back from peeping through the door and closed it. I noticed that all though he closed the door, he never walked away from it, meaning he was still outside the door. I didn't react on it though, so I turned my attention back to David.

      "Who told you?"

      He opened his mouth to finally try and tell me, but was cut off by Pete swinging the door open again.

      "Are you two hungry?"

      "PETE GET THE FUCK OUT!!!"

      I almost fainted at the sight of Missy walking towards the bathroom from behind him. She moved Pete aside and scanned each one of us before finding something to say.

      "So...well first of all, Romeo, why are you screaming at Pete?"

      I knew I couldn't dig into the situation, so I gave her a dumb response.

      "He walked in on me wiping my ass."

      "And David came with him?"

      Well, that shit totally backfired.

      "And you, David, why do you look soulless? Usually you're smiling."

      He never responded to her which only increased the tension in the air.

      "Pete, what's going on between you three?"

      "Missy, darling, it's nothing. Why you three should get to the dining area so I can get break-"

      "Pete, tell me."

      I could read Pete's face almost immediately. I read from his face "I wasn't expecting to tell her like this." At this point there was no way around it and if anyone has to tell her, it'd be me. Maybe she'd be a little less upset if her best friend broke this type of news to her. Who knows honestly.

      "Your parents are dead," I said a little too sternly.

      Missy sucked her teeth at me. "And I'm here thinking something is wrong here. What the hell is with you boys and always playing too much?" She tried walking away but I caught up and pulled her shoulder.

      "I'm not joking Missy."

      "Yes you are. You think I can't tell when you're pulling one of your countless pranks on me?"

      "It's true."

      She glanced at Pete as if he had just said her parents were dead. Well technically he did. I stared at Missy as the realization began to sit in her face. Her face switched from shocked, to sad, then to anger.

      "Are you serious Romeo? Why am I being held back information that is about my family?"

      Pete tried interrupting her. "Darling I-"

      "Pete, you're fired. You'll be gone in two weeks." She cocked her neck towards me and David. "And you. How the fuck can you keep something like that from me? How long did you know?"

My eye swallowed a tear. "It wasn't to hurt you, Missy."

      "Well it's just about too late for that. So when the fuck did you guys plan on telling me? Huh?What about you David? Did you know about this?"

      "Yes. I'm sorry."

"We didn't tell you so you wouldn't be shattered by it."

       "AND TELLING ME THEY ABANDONED US WAS ANY BETTER?" She hollered, tears forming in her eyes, but she didn't even cry. "DEX, COME HERE."

      I wasn't sure if she suspected Dex of knowing or not, but I honestly didn't want to know either. I turned to David as he began making his way over to the room to get his things.

      After a few moments of her pacing the floor, Dex came walking over to the front of the bathroom. He looked confused, but seeing his sister in such state could've only met one thing.

      "Dex, our parents are dead! Our parents are fucking dead and these fools knew the whole time. Right under our noses!"

      He stared at Missy with no expression. "Who told you that?"

      "Romeo!"

      He didn't as her anymore questions. He did a half spin and slapped the absolute dog shit out of me. I can't lie, I half deserved that, but not it was up to me if I wanted to make the situation worse and let her know that her brother was in on it as well.

——————

(David's POV)

      I heard a pop from outside the room as I pulled my bag over my shoulder. I didn't want anyone to see me leave, so I peeped through the door frame to see Romeo on the floor. He wasn't mad, anymore at least, but I was pretty sure Dex slapped him to the ground, making the pop sound. I didn't want to see him hurt. I should be the one to blame for this, not him. If I hadn't know, I wouldn't have brought it up to him. But there was no going back now.

      I began listening to the back and forth of the three of them shouting and yelling.

      "Why the hell did you slap me? You was in on it too!"

      Missy began bawling and ran into the kitchen. Dex pulled Romeo up by his shirt and pulled him close to his face.

      "Are you slow? Why the fuck would you tell her this? What part of don't fucking tell anyone didn't you comprehend? Did you tell your boyfriend in there too?"

      "IT HAD TO BE SAID SOONER OR LATER. IT WASN'T MY DAMN OPTION TO TELL HER TODAY."

      Dex slapped Romeo again and Romeo stood up and walked over to the room. Once I seen him turn this direction, I popped my head back into the door.

      "Are you okay?" I took a look at the handprint on the side of Romeo's face.

      "Just go home."

I sighed and took my chance to leave once I had seen that Dex was gone. I made my way to the front door and called a taxi back to my house. I couldn't cry, be mad, or even be annoyed at the sour morning that we had. The only thing I could do was take the blame in my mind since I didn't want to get knocked out by the brute that was her brother.

Do things like this usually happen between 'friends'?
_________________

Whew was that a chapter to write *throws pen behind me* anyways, time for the next flight to spicy town.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.6K 16
COMPLETE When Liam is partnered with his crush, Derek, for a two week long school trip, he is far from excited. He might like Derek, but Derek doesn'...
12 0 10
Summer. You have just turned eighteen. Bored with your existence in the suburbs and lack of school. It is one afternoon when you lock eyes with David...
6.5K 281 20
Two friends who have been inseparable since the day they met in middle school have to say goodbye as one leaves for college, and through drunken lust...
252 30 30
Parker's second semester starts and she gets placed in a seat right next to the quiet boy in her grade. As they start to talk to each other and open...