Beau Monde โœ…

By Ferdeausee_

Copyright ยฉ 2023. All Rights Reserved. โ Everyone lies. I'm not an exception.โž Nailah Zayed has the picture p... More

author's note + aesthetics +copyright
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 34

192 30 8
By Ferdeausee_

Nailah Zayed.

Maroudi, Nigeria.

"Call me right away if something happens."

"I'll be fine, you worry too much." I rolled my eyes slightly, as I stepped out of my car and made my way towards the front entrance of my home. I shifted my phone so it was between my ears and my shoulder, my gaze moving to my bag as I searched for the key.

"We can never be certain when he'll turn up; and considering he's still missing, we have to be careful. You have to be careful."

"I know Ayaan." God knows how many times I had to listen to his nagging, and it is starting to get on my nerves. "Also, don't you have work to do or something?" Last I checked, this man has a meeting to attend with the board at Hadi Groups to finalize all necessary documents.

It truly is the end of the company—Hadi Groups is inevitably facing a stage of bankruptcy and nothing will be able to bring it back. The little fund they could've used to get themselves back on their feet will now be paid to Ayaan for damages, as per the contract states.

See, that man knows his way around business well. One of the clauses involved in the contract he signed with Hadi Groups is that if one of the two companies suffers a loss that causes harm to the other, the one at fault has to pay the other a certain amount of money—a huge amount of money for that.

I guess my dearest father-in-law didn't anticipate that this would happen. He didn't expect that his empire would come crumbling down that easily, and be left with nothing. Now, they have to face the consequence of his action.

And to make matters worse, the older man is still in the hospital under intensive care. It doesn't seem like he's getting any better, and truth be told, if he gains his consciousness and hears what's going through, it'll be a miracle if he doesn't pass on to the after life.

His accounts have been frozen, his assets liquidated all in a desperate attempt to pay back for damages to Ayaan. Most of the investors of HG had moved to Fadel Affiliation, all seeking for a greener pasture.

"The meeting's about to start now. I just needed to check up on you first--" He paused, as the sound of someone talking to him on the other end came—probably notifying him of the meeting he had at the moment. "...alright, I'll be there in a minute." He said to the person.

"You should get going, Mr. Fadel. You're only a step away from winning this entire ordeal."

"Two steps actually, getting Imran would be the last step."

I sighed, my shoulders slumping as I stopped in my tracks; having reached the doorstep of the entrance. "I know. We'll get him soon in shaa Allah. I'm certain he has less places to hide now. He'll turn up soon."

"In shaa Allah." He let out a sigh on the other end too. "I'll get going now. Do call if something comes up though--"

"I will. Bye." I didn't wait for him to respond, as I ended the call and held the phone in my left hand—using the right to fetch the house keys. I found them a few seconds later, and then made an attempt to open it.

I had locked it since I left the last time I saw Imran. During the meantime, I'd been staying at an apartment I've bought long ago. No one knows of it, so I knew I was safe there. Though I couldn't say that confidently—every single day, I sleep with constant worry of him showing up out of the blue. I wouldn't put it pass him to do so.

Luckily, I've been good so that's something I guess.

I could've went back to my father's house, but he too is going through a tough time with what happened to Hadi Groups. He'd been trying to get me to try and save Zayed Co. as well, but truthfully, it will face bankruptcy as well.

It's the end for both companies. His assets are under investigation because of the slush fund as well. In simple words, it's the end of him it seems and I want nothing to do with it. If it's up to me, I wouldn't want to see him ever.

He only looks for me when he needs something—else, we'd go on for months with zero interaction. Why should this bother me?

He's the reason I'm in this mess to begin with. It all began with him, it should end with him alone.

A sigh of relief left my slightly parted lips as the door unlocked. Pushing it open, I stepped in with a salaam—instantly feelings the warmth wrap around me like a blanket. It's weird how despite how big it is, it's always given that warm feeling.

I guess that was the only thing that made it feel like a home over the years.

I dropped the keys back the bag, dropping it on the first couch in sight before making my way to my room. I'd only returned here because I have a few important documents I need to pick, hence, why I'm back.

I found them easily, having been in the exact spot I'd left them. After getting everything I'd wanted, I stepped out with the full intention of leaving. However, the sight of Imran amidst the living room had me freezing in my exact position—taking in a sharp breath.

Truth be told, a part of me had anticipated him showing; and you could say I intentionally came here and threw myself as bait. I'm tired to living in constant fear because of him. Do you know what it's like to constantly look over your shoulder, in fear of something happening?

I've been subjected to this feeling way too many times because of him, I can no longer handle it. I want to finally put an end to it once and for all. This is the ending I want for myself.

"Imran..." I called out carefully, my gaze never leaving his.

He stood in the exact same position he was in the last time I saw him, his gaze fixed on me. Regardless of the face mask he had on, along the black p-cap, I could still tell it was him. It was obvious he had on such clothing so he could come here without being caught.

And I was right, because he reached his hand out to take off the cap first, before getting rid of the face mask. I don't know what I was hoping, but I certainly didn't expect the look he pulled up at the moment.

"Eres mi todo." He voiced out lowly, slipping the face mask into the pocket of the raven leather jacket he had on. "You are my everything." He translated, his eyebrows gathered as his hands now fell to the side. "Estoy loca por ti; I am crazy for you."

I took in a sharp breath, my eyes never leaving his pained expression. I don't know if I should buy that act of his or not, because I don't think I'd ever seen him this way. I don't even know how to feel about it.

"Imran you have to turn yourself in." I breathed out, after a while of silence between us. I had waited for him to add something but he hadn't.

He shook his head almost immediately, as he pinched the bridge of his nose—his eyes flicked close. "I can't do that."

"You need to." I stood my ground, yawing my expression blank. I know it won't be easy, but I want to at least try and convince him to do just that. It would be better for us all if he does this the easy way.

"No, no, no! I won't." I could tell he was trying to remain calm, but judging the haggard look of his...I doubt he's had any peace of mind at all either.

I had never seen him this way. I almost pitied him.

He then flicked his eyes open again—yawing them to meet mine before scrubbing a hand over his face. "Nailah, I'm trying to stay sane for you." He voiced out, his tone now low. Letting out a heavy sigh, his lips downturned. "I am trying to be a better person because I love you--"

"You don't love me, Imran." I cut him off, before he could go further and deceive himself. I swallowed thickly, forcing myself to stand there and be able to have this conversation and get it over and done with.

He shook his head, not wanting to believe me. "You don't know how I feel--"

"Whatever it is you feel Imran..." I cut him off again, my voice dropping. "...it isn't love." Someone had to say it to him. "It's an obsession, and it's not healthy."

"No." He turned around, running a hand through his messy hair and down his face. "You don't know how I feel. I'm this way because I love you, just as much as I loved your sister--"

"You killed her." I gritted out, my eyes instantly glossing. I didn't want to break down now, but it is difficult not to. "You killed her, Imran." I whispered, my voice breaking. "Is that what love is to you? Killing the person you claim to have feelings for, or hurting them?"

He brought both hands to his face, burying it. He remained there for a few seconds, before he took in a deep breath. When he looked up again, his eyes had began to turn red. He swallowed thickly, and then took cautious steps towards me.

I didn't move back, though every nerve in my body was screaming at me to do just that. I forced myself to stay in that exact position, my eyes narrowing even more with every step he took.

Just as he was close enough, I took in a sharp breath, expecting the worst.

What he did though, stunned me.

He got on his knees right in front of me, much to my astonishment. Taking in another deep breath, he blew it out before looking up so his glossy eyes will meet mine. "I am so sorry." He whispered, his voice coming out shaky. "I am so sorry for all the pain I'd cause you Nailah..." He carefully reached his hand out, and held mine.

What I did was an act of impulse. I snatched my hand out of his almost as if it burned me, and glared at him with glossy eyes. I don't know why I'm suddenly being emotional. This isn't how I expect my encounter with him to be at all. This isn't how it's supposed to be.

He looked pained due to what I did. He then blinked, desperately trying to blink back the tears that made his eyes glaze over. "Nailah..."

"That's not my name." I no longer wish to be addressed as that. I don't want to be Nailah again because being 'Nailah Zayed' has brought nothing but pain and misery to my life. "Don't you ever call me that."

He hung his head low for a brief second—almost as if trying to get a hold of his emotions before he nodded, and looked up again. "I know my apology won't ever be enough--"

"Then don't apologize." It may seem like I'm being cold, but try being in my shoes. I don't want his apology. It won't bring back anything I'd lost because of him. "I don't want your apology."

He swallowed thickly. "Then what do you want me to do? Tell me, and I swear I will do just that. I mean it when I said I love you to the extent I'm going crazy. Tell me what it is you want, and I'll do it." He rushed the words out, not giving a care to the gravity of it.

I took in a deep breath, my eyes narrowing even more as I yawed my expression blank. "I want you to pay for all you've done. I want you to suffer the exact same way I suffered. I want you to feel every bit of pain I've felt because of all you've done." My voice cracked.

He held my gaze for a moment, before he nodded and slowly got on his feet. "If that's what you want..." He took a few steps away from me, his hand slipping into the pocket of his leather jacket. "...I'll give it to you."

His definition of giving me what I want wasn't what I had in mind. Because I didn't expect to see him pull out a gun and aim it at his head. My eyes instantly widened the side of saucers, heart beating at a rate faster than ever. I parted my lips to blurt out whatever words would come to mind.

But, it was too late.

The very last thing I saw, was him offering me a smile...a pained one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
9.6K 2.3K 40
If you like books about players then this is just perfect for you. Two manipulative people in a world of lies and deception. Who'll play the other wh...
259K 8.1K 185
What if a Pokรฉmon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...