Beau Monde ✅

Galing kay Ferdeausee_

Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved. ❝ Everyone lies. I'm not an exception.❞ Nailah Zayed has the picture p... Higit pa

author's note + aesthetics +copyright
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 29

135 26 0
Galing kay Ferdeausee_

Ayaan Fadel.

Maroudi, Nigeria.

It took me the entire night to come to a decision; and even though I did that, I still decided to take my father's advice.

And that is, to think it through and not act irrationally. Initially, I had quite a lot of solutions I could've taken to tackle the situation head on. However, the more I think about it, the more I agree with my father's words.

I need to think my solution through carefully. If I make the slightest bit of mistake, everything will come down crashing. That's how delicate the situation is.

So, although it killed me; I took a few days off to focus on fully recovering both physically and mentally—at the same time, thinking of ways to put an end to this all once and for all; so I can move on, so we could all move on.

News of AbdulRahman Hadi's health condition broke out, and to say Maroudi was shaken will be an understatement. How could it not be?

We're talking about the most influential man in Maroudi probably on his deathbed. There will obviously be a huge stir; within the company, and outside as well.

However, the actual reason why he's in that position hasn't been disclosed to the public to avoid revealing how dire the situation is. It wouldn't be beneficial to the Hadi family if the news broke out.

Quite unfortunately for them, I happen to have a first hand information to know everything going on with them from quite a lot of people. And although I couldn't do much at the moment—at least, not as much as I want, I still wouldn't stay back and simply watch.

That would be so unlike me.

So, I informed the public of the real cause of the old man's sudden heart attack that landed him in the hospital—hooked to wires. I didn't do it officially; I'm saving that for something else but I have a long string of connection...and besides, people talk.

You could say the press was anonymously tipped as well as the company's shareholders because certain people simply can't keep their mouths shut.

"A possible power surge is predicted to take place within Hadi Group as news about their slush fund goes public. According to our resources, the company is also suffering a major loss of over 300 million dollars as stock price plummets, and investors rapidly pull out."

"Hadi Group is currently facing crisis, as the Chairman lays on what might potentially be his death bed."

"Investigations begins to take place in Hadi Group as news about their illegal means of income, as well as other questionable activities resurfaces. At this state, they are at possible risk of shutting it down completely."

"Experts claim it would be hard for Hadi Group to stand back on their feet as they face potential risk of bankruptcy."

"Is this the end of Hadi Group? Public wonders as what was once known as the number one company in Maroudi faces extreme crisis both internally, and externally."

Those were a few amongst the various headlines of news outlets in the state. TV channels, newspapers, radio-stations, social media...you name it. Every single place constantly talks about the crisis the company is facing.

It wouldn't have caused this big of a stir, had it not been that I had released the slush fund data publicly on the web. I had no use of it personally; it would raise countless questions regarding me as well.

However, when something is discovered anonymously on the web; it spreads faster and is almost impossible to get rid of. They could try to do that as well as trace whoever started it—me—but, I'm not stupid.

At this stage, I have more power than they do. And that means, I can easily cover my tracks without them being able to do anything about it. Of course, Fadel Affiliation is at the potential risk of getting harmed as well because of our recent partnership but I dealt with it for starters.

I wouldn't allow myself to get harmed in something I caused. However, I'm just starting because there's a lot to come. I no longer want to take the company, or power to be mine. I want to crush them, so they will be left with nothing at all. I want Hadi Group to cease to exist—despite it being my own family's legacy. But, it's already been tainted by blood, and I'm no longer interested in it.

Shutting it down  is the best thing to do at the moment; it will also signify the closing of such a chapter in my life. After all, everything began because of it—it has to end with it as well.

I had meticulously planned what to do this time around; the finale that is. I wasn't going to allow anything to ruin this moment.

So, I waited until the scandal with Hadi Groups reached its peak, before I decided to step into the spotlight. After all, I haven't made any public appearance since Saif's death. There are quite a lot of things the press needed me to address. However, my prolonged silence only added the suspense. Especially with what's currently going on in HG, quite a number of people had been awaiting my official response.

Which is what I plan to give them at the moment.

Stepping into the conference room, flashes of camera instantly came from all angles—it was almost blinding. I help up my expressionless facade though; not wavered in the slightest bit by it. I stopped amidst the podium, where a stand has been set up for me.

From here, I could see everyone in the room. Unlike the last time I held a press conference, the amount of reporters that showed up today has to be triple that one. It was entirely packed up. The ones typing down the information having their fingers briskly moving across the keyboards; the ones in charge of the camera clicking away; almost as if, if they don't, they might miss something important, and the ones with the questions ready to fire away.

But, that wasn't just it. In the front row of the hall, most of the shareholders of Hadi Group are all seated courtesy of the invitation I had sent out to each and every one of them. I added the fact that what I will discuss is related to them, and it's something they wouldn't want to miss out.

Truthfully, I didn't expect them to show up—however, as I stare at more than half of them occupying the allocated seats, I knew this might just end up the way I want it to be. There were two seats in particular that were unoccupied much to my dismay; it earned a slight quirk of the eyebrow from me but I brushed it away.

It's just starting, and besides, their presence in particular is simply a tip of the iceberg; though something else is the highlight of the event.

I waited until the murmur from everyone when I stepped in died down for a moment, before I made a move to speak. "Good day, everyone." I started, and almost immediately, the place was pin-drop silent. "As all of you know, my name is Muhammad Ayaan Fadel and I am the CEO of Fadel Affiliation. First of all, I would like to thank you all for showing up today. I know it's a bit late, but I'm here to answer your questions regarding everything that has happened so far."

That particular statement earned quite a number of questions coming from all directions. However, I rose my hand slightly to silence them. I'm not done.

"--We would have time for that later. However, first, I would like to address the issue of the murder case of my Personal Assistant, Mr. Saif Jabbar." That right there, it piqued their interest the most. I already knew they were more interested in that—after all, his death had been the top issue since it happened. Not even the scandal with Hadi Group topped it.

"Have you found out who the murderer is?"

"What do you presume is the reason he was killed?"

"Are your business nemesis behind this case?"

"What was the real reason Mr. Saif Jabbar was murdered?"

Quite a number of questions came. However, I didn't reply any of them. Instead, my eyes met that of the head of security, and with a simple gesture of a head nod, he understood what I meant. A few taps on the tablet in his hand, and then the video was displayed on the huge screen behind me—gaining everyone's interest away from me as the place quietened down.

I didn't turn around, because I couldn't bring myself to do so. I've already seen it, I don't need to do that again. However, I believe the press needs to see it as well; and unlike the slush fund case, I wanted to be the one to expose this.

Although my gaze wasn't on the screen like the others, I could still hear everything...it was almost as if seeing it all over again. Because with each word voiced out, I could vividly see it right before my eyes what was happening. It truly is a grotesque sight; and if not that I truly want justice for this case, I wouldn't want anyone to see it.

It isn't a sight one would want to see; unless extremely necessary.

I could see it across their faces as they watched it. The fear, and the uneasiness that came crashing upon them. Their expressions went from that of being taken aback, to some turning around or closing their eyes so they wouldn't have to witness it.

The sound of something...or rather someone, being hit repeatedly reached my ears. And subconsciously, my fingers curled around the podium as I gripped it hard; my teeth gritting. The action went on for about a minute more before it came to an end.

And that was when another round of questions started; much faster than earlier. Their voices collectively sounded like a huge noise that were threatening to drown me. The flashes doubled that of earlier; in a desperate attempt to capture my expression and that of the video that had reached it's end.

I would forever be indebted to Basma for this; because she had risked quite a lot to get this for me. And although the video doesn't start from from the very beginning, she managed to get the most important part. It was obvious from how it was taken that was scared even them.

Shaky breaths came from her, and quite a few times, her hand trembled and so did the video. However, the biggest relief is that she wasn't caught; else we wouldn't be where we are right now, and she wouldn't be alive and well as well.

I have zero intention of mentioning her name as my source for this—she didn't want to; for her safety and peace of mind as well. And I made a promise which I would keep. If she doesn't want her identity disclosed, then so be it.

I swallowed thickly, blowing out a small breath as I prepared myself to speak again—ignoring their questions because I could barely tell any out.

"What you all just watched as you can tell, is the clip taken when Mr. Saif Jabbar was brutally murdered by none other than the man you all know, and most of you even admire, Mr. Imran Hadi." A single, confirmatory statement—that was all it took.

And that was truly when hell broke loose; the reporters going crazy with their questions and cameras. I have been in front of the press quite a number of times, and yet none has ever been close to this one.

Still, in spite of all that, there's nothing compared to the immense relief I felt at the moment; almost as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

This is it. This is the end of Imran Hadi.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

9.2K 2.3K 16
Endless love And Endless end Taekook Yoonmin Only a fan fiction
5.8K 895 8
Copyright© 2023. All rights reserved. Meet Yasmin El-suraj, the epitome of determination. Defying the stifling norms of a judgmental society, Yasmin...
42.4K 619 26
Lillian chambers moved to Birmingham to move away from her abusive ex. She wanted a fresh start and she wanted to find a way to find the old her. Lil...
14.2K 2.2K 35
Copyright© 2022. All rights reserved. October 10th. She once believed it was the finest day of the year. How innocent she was. Now, burdened by count...