Beau Monde ✅

Ferdeausee_ द्वारा

Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved. ❝ Everyone lies. I'm not an exception.❞ Nailah Zayed has the picture p... अधिक

author's note + aesthetics +copyright
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 17

136 27 0
Ferdeausee_ द्वारा

Ayaan Fadel.

Maroudi, Nigeria.

Saif was quick to step in and push Imran back with force that sent him taking staggering steps back as well now in defense mode. Despite not being able to see his face, I am sure he's throwing a glare at Imran. "You just crossed the limit, Mr. Hadi!" He voiced out harshly. "We can sue you for this!" And he wasn't kidding.

Did I mention Saif is a lawyer?

He could open his own law firm and I have zero doubt that it'll surpass Hukuk Buruso in Hadewa Caliphate—and that's the best law firm in the country.

Imran ignored him, his steel gaze on me. It was obvious my chuckle only infuriated him more. "What the hell did you do to Nailah?" He grunted out, his eyes shooting daggers at me.

I reached my hand out to soothe my now sore jaw. Flexing it to make sure it isn't broken, I was pleased to know it wasn't but it still hurts.

I then placed a hand on Saif's shoulder, a silent indication for him to worry not and step down. He did so reluctantly, allowing me to take a step in front of him and come face to face with Imran.

I can take a punch for what I did to her—makes it worth it to know both their weakness. Now, my conscience can be clear. And yes, I mean it.

But I would be lying if I say I am not amused by Imran's anger. "It's a rare sight to see you lose your calm, Mr. Hadi." I commented, dropping my hands by the side as my gaze and height leveled up with his. "I would refrain from using my fists again though, if I were you." My voice lowered, the smile disappearing. "You wouldn't like what would follow."

His eyes narrowed even more if that was possible, but he managed to hold himself back from acting out of place again. I may have taken the fist one—granted, I deserve it but I won't be so kind as to remain this calm again.

If he is upset, he can go ahead and try to get back at me somehow, but not by throwing punches. He's exceeded his limit for that.

He fisted his hands by the side, before blowing out a shaky breath. Taking a step closer to me, his voice lowered. "What did you do to my wife?" He questioned again, his words coming out slow.

"What do you think?" He could've asked her imstead, but I doubt she would expose herself to him that easily. She will try to fight and keep it hidden come what may, and that's what I want to see. "She and I just had a small conversation, that's all."

My words seemed to infuriate him even more. Because, he took another step closer and was so close to taking my collar in a tight grip.

A glare from me stopped him though, having had enough of him thinking he could waltz in here and do what he wants. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I warned, hanging onto my last threads of patience.

I hardly lose my calm. But when I do...wel, I'd rather not speak about it.

He held my gaze for a little while longer than necessary, before I saw him relent. He then took a few steps back, putting distance between us again. His eyes flicked closed for a moment, and when he opened them again, he seemed calmer than he was a few minutes ago. "I am only going to say this once, so listen."

My expression remained guarded, as I watched him try to intimidate me by throwing threats. It's cute how he thinks that would work on me.

If I was going to be throwing off the road by such, I wouldn't have started this at all.

"—if you even think of getting close to her again, much less make her cry, I will make sure you regret it." He gritted out.

"I'll be rooting for you on that." Turning around, I continued my strides towards the house after signifying Saif to show Imran out. I believe we've exceeded our limit of being nice to each other for one day.

A small sigh left my parted lips as I stepped into the house; and was immediately welcomed by the heavy scent of bakhoor. See this, this is the reason why I love coming here most times. The smell of home is unlike any other.

However, I would be lying if I said I didn't come around now knowing my parents aren't home. They are out to meet some old friends of theirs or something, so I'm free from their rants too. Or more like, I'm free from my father's questions about how and when I signed contract with Hadi Groups, and my mother's inquiries of Basma's whereabouts.

Taking the stairs, the only sounds that reached my ears were the soft padding of my shoe against the tiled floor. Almost subconsciously, I made my way to my room here. On reaching there, I kept my phone, along with my wrist watch on the bed before getting rid of the suit too. I had already rid my feet off my shoes, and was left in the socks I had on.

I then proceeded to rid myself of the clothes I desperately want to be out of before making my way to the en-suite. Everything blurred out the minute the water from the shower came crashing over me; the warm water caressing my skin and soothing my sire muscles off the day's exhaustion.

As it dripped down my face, I reached my hand to push it away—memories flashing back into my mind at a rapid rate. Memories that I had tried to put a lid on throughout the day. It's been like that since I stepped foot in Maroudi for the first time in ten years.

So far, I've been able to control my thoughts and not let it dwell on it. However, after everything that happened today, I couldn't do so.

I know it has all truly started, and I need to prepare myself for what's to come.

It's easier said than done though.

And just like that, I ended up staying much longer than necessary under the warm water of the shower. To me though, it was like time stilled and I was catching up with the demons of my past; only this time, I was determined to win.

I refuse to be a loser again.

~*~

"AbdulRahma Hadi called."

I stopped what I was doing, and looked up for my gaze to fall on Saif. Quirking a slight brow, my gaze watched his expression to gauge whether he's serious or not. However, I know he wouldn't joke about something like that.

So, I nodded and turned my attention back to my food—wanting to focus on finishing my meal first. "That took shorter time than I expected." I muttered, taking a spoonful and bringing it to my mouth.

I wasn't staring at his face, but I'm certain Saif is pulling up one of his famous 'are-you-serious' looks. "Are you kidding me? It took him three days to do so."

"Thought it would take longer." I truly thought it would take him longer to cave in. I guess three days of stir was all it took.

The thought had me sighing. He's making this less fun than I wanted. It should've been longer so I can be sure he truly takes himself as a powerful and influential man.

Saif was silent for a few seconds, no doubt still taken aback by my words and reaction. I wonder why he's shocked though, he's known me for years—he's supposed to be used to my actions by now.

When he had overcame his shock, I saw how he shook his head from the corner of my eyes.

"Anyways," He continued, sounding more composed. "He wants to meet you today."

"Push it to tomorrow."

"What? You know we need to handle this quick. We've always let it drag on for three days." And that's Saif simple way of saying we shouldn't leave someone as the great as the AbdulRahman Hadi waiting for us. No one would dare do that to him.

But, since when have I been anyone?

"I have plans today so postpone it to tomorrow." I flick my eyes up to meet his, a silent indication that this topic isn't for compromise again. If not that it's Saif, no one else would think of making me reply myself.

He pressed his lips together, knowing even he cannot cross me again since I've made up my mind. "I'll do just that." He nodded, before he turned around to leave me alone.

With him gone, I was finally able to enjoy my meal in peace. I was done in about five minutes after he had left. Pushing the chair I'm on back, I traipsed out of the dining room too just in time a maid went in to clear the table.

I'm still at my parents house, for one reason alone—the food. Home made food is always better than hotel food. And I could cook for myself, but I might end up burning down the penthouse so...no. That isn't an option again.

Getting my phone out, I tapped the number of the first person that showed up in my call log—having been disturbing me with relentless phone calls. Basma. I'm surprised at this point that she hadn't shown up here since she knows my parents house.

Bringing the phone to my ear, I wasn't surprised that she picked up after the second ring; almost as if she had been waiting for my call. And I guess, she was.

"Where are you? Let's meet up."

A scoff came from her end, obviously annoyed by the tone I used. Not to mention, I didn't bother with the honorifics or pleasantries; I'm certain she doesn't care about that either.

Nonetheless, her response came almost immediately. "The boutique."

"I'll be there in five then." Not waiting for her to reply, I ended up the phone just in time I got my car keys out.

I guess it's time for her to play her part. And, I regret to say this but I plan to use her to get what I want. It's time she realize I'm not as nice as I feign to be.

~*~

The next day, at exactly 11:00am, Saif and I, along with two guards strolled into the HQ building of Hadi Groups based in Maroudi. A man was there at the entrance to welcome us, along with my dear friends, Nailah Zayed and Imran Hadi.

Imran struck his hand out for a handshake; putting a bit of strength than necessary in it than needed though his expression remained blank. I replied with the same intensity, and maybe a bit more.

As for Nailah, she looked more composed than she did the last time. She looks like she always does in the eye of the public—confident, and composed. One wouldn't be able to tell she had a breakdown just a couple of days ago and is at the brink of losing the life she has.

When her eyes met mine, they didn't waver even for a second. No flash of fear whatsoever crossed her eyes and expression. She welcomed me like the others, and if I didn't know better—and I do, I would've wondered whether she's the same woman I met a few days ago.

Regardless, the three then led us into the building and to the top floor where we will meet the man I had been hoping to lay my eyes on for ten years. The small journey to the top floor was filled with silence, and awkwardness that was hard to spot.

If not for Saif that knows what's going on, the other three had zero idea of the tension between the three of us—I, Nailah and Imran. We had a silent agreement of keeping our personal feelings aside and stepping into our professional roles.

The elevator door dinged before it slid open, and then we stepped out and was led to the conference room there. On reaching there, I could already spot the people there through the glass walls.

Nonetheless, Nailah and Imran stepped in first, followed by the other man before we did. My eyes fell on my target, just in time we reached where he stood.

And behold, I stood eye to eye with the man that ruined my life and took everything from me.

"AbdulRahman Hadi." He struck his disgusting and wrinkled hand out. He even dared to offer me a small smile; as if I would ever fall for that. "It's good to finally meet you."

I managed to hold back myself from exhibiting one of the many scenarios I've imagined of the day I'll cross paths with him again. Pushing those potential murderous thoughts down with great effort, I stuck my hand out and took his—holding back the urge to pull it back and clean it with bleach simply to rid it of the dirt.

Being in his presence repulses me greatly, and shaking hands is just crossing the limit.

Still, I forced myself to offer him one of my famous 'friendly' smiles.

"Ayaan Fadel." My smile widened, another string of murderous thoughts crossing my mind. "You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment."

Newsflash Mr. Hadi, I'm going to make your life hell.

Almost as if knowing the thoughts running through my mind, his smile widened too; adding fuel to my fury.

Allah give me the strength to keep my calm else I might just end up in prison for the rest of my life. It doesn't sound like a bad idea though if I'll get what I want.

I would risk that, and even put my life on the line to get what I want.

That's the extent of my hatred for this man. Ten years of hatred finally about to be unleashed.

"I hope we get along." He stated, his fake smile widening slightly.

"We'll see."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

121K 19.2K 53
"I know all these cheap tricks you miscreants pull in the name of your disgusting jealousy. I wonder which motivational post you read that made you t...
314K 3.6K 44
(y/n) (l/n) lived on earth, where 99%of the population had powers like quirks, semblances, sacred gears, ninja arts. Etc the best of these people wit...
OCTOBER 10TH Nasir Aisha द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

14.1K 2.2K 35
Copyright© 2022. All rights reserved. October 10th. She once believed it was the finest day of the year. How innocent she was. Now, burdened by count...
5.7K 889 8
Copyright© 2023. All rights reserved. Meet Yasmin El-suraj, the epitome of determination. Defying the stifling norms of a judgmental society, Yasmin...