COTE: The Quiet One Can Be Da...

By Weebooguy

Kagurazaka Norogumi is a unique student and slightly different from the others. Is he mentally and physically... More

Vol.1 Chp. 1: Two Different Students
Vol. 1 Chp. 2: Club Fair
Vol. 1 Chp. 3: A Long Week
Vol. 1 Chp. 4: End Of Peaceful Days
Vol. 1 Chp. 5: Midterms
Vol. 2 Chp. 1: Bad News
Vol. 2 Chp. 2: Finding The Witness
Vol. 2 Chp. 3: Bonding With Other Students
Vol. 2 Chp. 4: Dealing With A Stalker
Vol. 3 Chp. 1: A Vacation... Nope
Vol. 3 Chp. 2: Island Exam
Vol. 3 Chp. 3: Misfortune
Vol. 3 Chp. 4: Things Going South
Vol. 3 Chp. 5: Everything Coming Together
Vol. 4 Chp. 1: Trouble On The Cruise
Vol. 4 Chp. 2: Cruise Ship Special Exam
Vol. 4 Chp. 3: More Problems Arise
Vol. 4 Chp. 4: Planning And Threatening
Vol. 4 Chp. 5: Results Speak For Themselves
Vol. 4.5 Chp. 1: Summer Vacation
Vol. 4.5 Chp. 2: Hanging Out
Vol. 4.5 Chp. 3: Troubled Individuals
Vol. 4.5 Chp. 4: Volleyball Match
Vol. 5 Chp. 1: Sports Festival Info
Vol. 5 Chp. 2: Preparing
Vol. 5 Chp. 3: Rules Of Nature
Vol. 5 Chp. 4: Getting Cornered
Vol. 5 Chp. 5: Final Stretch
Vol. 5 Chp. 6: Bitter Sweet
Vol. 6 Chp. 1: Childhood Friend
Vol. 6 Chp. 2: Paper Shuffle
Vol. 6 Chp. 3: Learning More About Someone
Vol. 6 Chp. 4: X
Vol. 6 Chp. 5: Returning
Vol. 6 Chp. 6: Closer To The Exams
Vol. 6 Chp. 7: A Group Was Form
Vol. 6 Chp. 8: Exam Time
Vol. 7 Chp. 1: Pursuers
Vol. 7 Chp. 2: Family Reunion
Vol. 7 Chp. 3: Confronted
Vol. 7 Chp. 4: Fearing The Unknown
Vol. 7 Chp. 5: Ryuuen Loss
Vol. 7.5 Chp. 1: Winter Holidays
Vol. 7.5 Chp. 2: Meeting With Manabu
Vol. 7.5 Chp. 3: A Date
Vol. 8 Chp. 1: Mixed Training Camp
Vol. 8 Chp. 2: Duel
Vol. 8 Chp. 3: First Day
Vol. 8 Chp. 4: Bath Time
Vol. 9 Chp. 1: Rumors
Vol. 9 Chp. 2: No Changing Intentions
Vol. 9 Chp. 3: New Rumors
Vol. 9 Chp. 4: Allegations
Vol. 9 Chp. 5: Confronting The Rumors
Vol. 10 Chp. 1: Class Poll
Vol. 10 Chp. 2: Courage
Vol. 10 Chp. 3: Traitor
Vol. 10 Chp. 4: Accusing Another
Vol. 10 Chp. 5: Behind The Scenes
Vol. 10 Chp. 6: Learning The Truth
Vol. 11 Chp. 1: Event Selection Exam
Vol. 11 Chp. 2: Discussing Events
Vol. 11 Chp. 3: Moving On
Vol. 11 Chp. 4: Final Exam
Vol. 11 Chp. 5: Class A vs Class C
Vol. 11 Chp. 6: Ayanokouji vs Sakayanagi
Vol. 11 Chp. 7: Final Battle
Questions
Vol. 11.5 Chp. 1: Graduation Ceremony
Vol. 11.5 Chp. 2: A Lost And Scared Lamb
Vol. 11.5 Chp. 3: Farewell
Q & A

Vol. 8 Chp. 5: The Results

1.9K 68 20
By Weebooguy

'...': Writing
'...': Sign language
"...": Text to speech

Ayanokouji's POV

It was day six of the exam as we were training for the marathon. Keisei and Ishizaki were arguing, and I could feel the sign behind us growing distant. I don't think anyone has noticed that Kouenji left the road and wandered into the forest. This wasn't a mere detour, as I couldn't see him, and there was no sign of him returning.

"How troublesome..." I muttered.

As I searched for any signs of Kouenji, I noticed he was picking up his pace. This was concerning because we were on a trackless path, which could cause trouble if he lost his way. I decided to quicken my pace even further, and after walking for another 100 meters, I finally spotted Kouenji's back. 

Looking at him reminded me of a similar situation on an uninhabited island. However, at that time, Airi was with me, and Kouenji had managed to shake us off his tail.

"Kouenji," I called out to him.

"Well, if it isn't Ayanokouji Boy. I don't believe this is the proper route," he said.

"There's still the matter of joint responsibility, after all. Why did you decide to take a detour like this?" I asked.

"I caught a glimpse of a wild boar. That caught my interest, so I chased it," I was having a hard time believing that.

"You may relax. In time, I shall return. If it's me, it won't even take 30 minutes," Kouenji said.

It looks like I will have to take his word for it.

"By the way, do you still have some business with me?" He asked.

Kouenji said.

Perhaps he's noticed I still haven't said my piece since I haven't left yet.

"It's about the day of the exam. I want you to lend the group a hand," I said.

"That's something I'm rather sick of hearing."

"You don't have to get spectacular scores. Just go about it normally."

"You don't get to decide that. I do. You know that don't you? If you'll excuse me then".

Kouenji said so and moved to leave, but I grabbed his arm and stopped him. Since he tried to take a step forward without acknowledging it, I had no choice but to step up my game and hold my ground.

I expected him to resist more strongly, but for some reason, Kouenji relaxed instead.

"Fufufu. I see. So that's how it is, Ayanokouji Boy," Kouenji chuckled, his arm still in my grip.

"What do you mean by 'that's how it is'?"

"I'm talking about the identity of the person who tamed Dragon Boy."

"Dragon... what are you talking about?".

"I'm talking about the naughty boy named Ryuuen."

"What do I have to do with that Ryuuen?"

"Seems like you're pretty good at playing dumb. You don't let anything slip when you feign indifference."

"I don't know how you got to that conclusion."

"Right now, you're touching my arm like this. I can tell from the heat transmitted from that contact."

I had figured he was far from ordinary, but it looks like Kouenji's even more of an oddball than I am. So he's telling me my grip on his arm led him to that conclusion, huh?

"Sorry, but this is a huge misunderstanding."

"Really? From the way Delinquent-kun's been looking at you, acting towards you, and how his surroundings react to that, I think this is a fact beyond all doubt."

Kouenji has no solid evidence but seems confident in his observations. More smoke and mirrors probably won't help.

"But I don't think you're the only one that tamed him. Silent-kun is a different question altogether. I've noticed that he has become Dragon-boy's babysitter."

Kouenji continued, "Fufu. You may relax. I have no intention of revealing what you're trying to keep secret. Even if you happen to be 'relatively talented,' you're still a childish existence as far as I'm concerned. It's just one among many. In other words, whether this is the truth or a lie, it won't matter as long as I don't speak of it, right?"

"I want to clear up this misunderstanding, but what would that do?"

"It's unfortunate, but you'll have to give up on that. Even if multiple third parties vouch for you, telling me Ayanokouji Boy had nothing to do with it, this answer won't change as long as I am certain."

"I see... Shall we get back on topic?"

"I assume this is about trying to get me to work as part of the group?"

"Will you accept?"

"I've already said so repeatedly that I refuse," Kouenji's answer didn't change.

"I will act. However, I please. That is my philosophy. Whether to take this exam or not or what my score will be. All of these things will depend on my mood at that moment."

"I see."

I had considered various ways to persuade Kouenji but feared making things worse. So, I decided to leave it to chance. However, there is a good chance that this could lead to minimal damage. 

It's evident that Kouenji is trying to avoid getting expelled, so I'll have to take a chance on that. I could only say goodbye to Kouenji as he left to hunt for wild boar.

Before he could leave, I was curious about something else, "What are your thoughts on Kagurazaka Norogumi?"

"Silent-kun, huh?" Kouenji turned around, "He's an interesting existence."

Was that a compliment?

"But I'll give you a piece of advice since I'm in a good mood," Kouenji said, "Kagurazaka Norogumi could be dangerous and a problem."

Kouenji walked away.

I don't want Kagurazaka as an enemy, but he is someone that I cannot manipulate... Someone like Kouenji... These two are not manipulable as I wish.

I also don't want any problem with Kagurazaka, but after what happened on the rooftop, it feels like I must be wary of him and be on guard.

~Timeskip~

Kagurazaka's POV

It was the seventh day of the training camp, and the group would cease to exist after today. The exam will be held first thing tomorrow morning.

"I would like to talk about the marathon," Akito said, "There's only 10 of us, so each person needs to shoulder a huge burden, but depending on the circumstances, that may be our advantage."

"The long-distance relay will be about 18 kilometers. That would mean that each person in our group runs 1.8 kilometers," Hamaguchi said.

"How can we turn this to our advantage?" Komiya asked.

"Are you a dumbass?" Ryuuen questions, "Look at our group, and what do you see?"

"Uh..." Komiya shrugged.

'Our group probably has the best group regarding physical abilities.'

"See, the fairy-tale princess gets it," Ryuuen said.

"The school is forcing us to run at least 1.2 kilometers, right?" Akito asked.

Hamaguchi nodded.

"I think it's a good idea to have Hamaguchi-kun run 1.2 kilometers... no more or no less," Akito said. "He could play a bigger role on the academic exam instead."

"I think that's a good idea," Hamaguchi said.

"I would have to agree with Miyake," Komiya said, "It looks like we will need others to run extra kilometers."

The plan would be going like this.

Marathon plan

Hamaguchi: 1.2 kilometers

Beppu and Watanabe: 1.4 kilometers

Moriyama: 1.6 kilometers

Miyake, Kitou, Oda, Komiya and Ryuuen: 2 kilometers

Kagurazaka: 2.4 kilometers

It seemed that everyone agreed on the plan.

~Timeskip~

Ayanokouji's POV

It was midnight, and I awoke to a faint creaking sound from the bed. I knew it was Hashimoto, who was supposed to be sleeping above me. He quietly climbed down the bunk bed ladder and left the room without turning on the lights. 

I assumed he was going to the bathroom but realized he hadn't done so all week. I decided to follow him but gave him a head start. If he saw me, I could say I was also going to the bathroom. 

I followed him down to the first floor, where he went outside in his indoor shoes. I hid behind a wall and saw another shadow walking towards him. In the silence, I could hear their voices.

"Yo, Ryuuen," Hashimoto greeted him.

"What the hell do you want with me?" Ryuuen scoffed.

"I just want to chat with you. You stand out way too much in the cafeteria. The only time we can meet would be in the middle of the night, right?"

"On the very last day?" Ryuuen questioned.

"Precisely because it's the very last day. Everyone else should be asleep right now."

"I see. I guess that's true."

It seems improbable for students to stay up late at night before exams. However, Hashimoto chose this time to have a secret meeting with Ryuuen. 

It's an unexpected combination since Ryuuen had previously built a relationship with Class A while on the uninhabited island. It's possible that Hashimoto played the role of mediator back then.

"Doing things in a roundabout way isn't how I roll. Please give it to me straight. Did you step down as class leader?" Hashimoto asked.

"Kuku. You don't seem like you're buying it?"

"At the very least, I can't bring myself to believe you got beaten down by Ishizaki and the others."

Hashimoto tells him how that point stood out to him. Indeed, being beaten by Ishizaki does sound rather stupid.

"Putting him aside, Albert's a troublesome one. If I go head-to-head with that guy, it'll be tough."

"I see. Well, Albert certainly is a threat, I suppose. But the Ryuuen Kakeru that I know would never cower before an enemy like that. On the contrary, he'd always have a countermeasure planned, right?".

Rather than assuaging his doubts, that only made him even more suspicious.

"I just got tired of leading many people who'd rebel against me. If I keep exploiting you, Class A guys, I'll always be in the safe zone. I'm not obligated to save those guys."

"I see. So that's the truth then."

"Have I convinced you?"

"I wonder. To be honest, it's still fifty-fifty. Besides, I'd personally like you to fight back from the situation you're in right now".

"So you can get more pocket money, is that it?"

"That's exactly right. Like you, I desire the 'promise of Class A.'"

You will be promoted to Class A if you save up to 20 million points. Any student who can do so can be confident that they will be in an enviable position. 

However, achieving this goal is challenging. It seems that Hashimoto is one of the students striving for it.

"I assume you're prepared to betray Sakayanagi if the promise of victory is what you want."

"If necessary, yes," Hashimoto answered.

As they talked, I was slightly surprised to feel someone behind me. I turned around to see Kagurazaka standing there with a blank expression.

'I was curious about what Ryuuen was doing.'

I was more focused on something else... How did I notice him just now and not earlier?!

Kagurazaka's POV

Earlier, I heard Ryuuen and decided to follow him because it was odd for him to get up in the middle of the night. I wasn't expecting him to be meeting Hashimoto at this time.

"When Hirata's class overtook yours, I wondered what the hell you were doing, but you may be tougher than you look."

"Huh?"

"If you look at each member calmly, everything becomes clear. And you start wanting to crush them early on," Hashimoto said.

"To think you'd evaluate them. Is there a man you're interested in?"

"At the very least, Kouenji's a threat. If he acts for the sake of the class, there's no telling what'll happen even to Class A. Besides, there are students like Hirata and Yukimura who excel academically. There's also Sudou, one of the physically fittest in our school year," Hashimoto said.

"Oh, that's all?" Ryuuen asked with a provoking smile.

"Well, there's Kagurazaka... Even you recognized him as a threat, don't you?"

Ryuuen shrugged, "Who knows."

Hashimoto laughed, "Regardless, there's no telling what'll happen when. But I'll keep that in mind, just in case. Even if Hirata and his class get themselves promoted to Class A, there's no problem as long as there's room for me to squeeze myself in."

"I doubt you have that much power, but do your best to ensure you don't get burned, okay?" Ryuuen mocks Hashimoto and tries to cut the conversation short.

"Even if it's shitty, dragging this out is just troublesome."

"Yeah."

I should head back to my room.

~Timeskip~

Today is the last day of our training camp, which means it's time for our groups to be ranked in this particular exam. Over the past week, roughly 36 small groups of boys and girls from all school years have been conducting their activities. Some groups have succeeded in deepening their relationships, while others are on the verge of falling apart. There are also groups where members complete their tasks without bothering to connect.

Our group managed to have a good relationship somehow.

Let's get this over with.

~Timeskip~

Ayanokouji's POV

Our long day of exams has finally ended, leaving our group and the entire student body exhausted. Despite our initial expectations, we believe our group will rank higher than anticipated if the average score favors us. 

The outcome will ultimately depend on how well Nagumo's and 3rd-year groups performed. We are confident that we will perform above average. On our first day at this school, all the boys gathered inside the gymnasium, followed by the girls. The results of the particular exam for both boys and girls will likely be announced soon. It's already 5 p.m., and it's expected to be late at night when we return to school.

"You all did well in the last eight days of this training camp. The contents of the exam are different, but this is a special exam that occurs every few years. Overall, you all did better than the students who took this special exam last time. I suppose you could attribute that to all of you having better teamwork," an elderly man I hadn't seen before announced with a constant smile.

"First of all, I'll be announcing the results. For the boys, all groups are above the average set by the school so that no one will be expelled."

The moment that was announced, I could hear the boys breathe a sigh of relief.

"I see, so no one expelled," Keisei sighed, patting himself on the chest. 

Ishizaki lightly taps him on the back, "Never once thought we'd be expelled. Because we were aiming for 1st place after all".

"Yeah."

No matter what your feelings are, the fact that we've avoided expulsion is a significant one. However, something about the way that older man phrased it seemed off. If there are no expellees among the entire student body, then there'd be no reason to say 'boys' in particular. In other words...

"As for the boys' group that placed first, I'll only be announcing the name of its 3rd year leader. For the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years of that group, your rewards will be handed out to you later."

After explaining that, the older man slowly read the name.

"3rd year, Class C. Ninomiya Kuranosuke-kun's group placed first."

That announcement caused a portion of the 3rd years to celebrate. I didn't know which group it was for a moment, but I immediately realized it was the group the older Horikita was in.

It appears the older Horikita has dominated the battle against Nagumo.

"You did it, Horikita. As expected of you," Nagumo said.

Afterward, groups starting from 2nd place to last place were announced, but for the seniors, that's merely a bonus. Fujimaki, paying it no attention, praised the older Horikita.

"Oi, Yukimura. We're 2nd. We did it!"

"Yeah, that's a relief. That's a relief."

I don't know by how much since they didn't announce the difference in points, but Nagumo's in 2nd place. That means it was close, but he lost. Even if he placed 2nd, it still means Nagumo lost, so he'd somewhat quiet down.

But what surprised me was that Akito's group managed to end up in third place.

"1st place secured. Congratulations, Horikita-senpai. As expected of you," Nagumo raised his voice and congratulated the older Horikita. 

The older Horikita neither replied nor celebrated, remaining silent for the remainder of the announcement.

No, perhaps he's starting to feel something off about this.

"You lost, Nagumo," Fujimaki said.

"Let's see, the result announcement has just begun."

"Oh please, the fight's already over."

"Sure, it's over for the 'boys'."

"Boys? Girls have nothing to do with this. Nagumo, that was the rule, right?"

"Yes, they have nothing to do with this. Nothing to do with my fight against Horikita-senpai that is."

Fujimaki's expression turned grim upon hearing those cryptic words from Nagumo. He quietly observed Ishikura from the 3rd year's Class B beside him.

"Now then... next up, I will be announcing the results of the girls' groups. The group in 1st place is led by 3rd year Class C's Ayase Natsu-san."

This time around, a portion of the girls start celebrating. The small group that's part of the 3rd year Ayase's large group is built around Class C's Horikita and Kushida. They may have just won quite a lot of points for themselves. But after the joy comes the problem.

"Umm... this is truly unfortunate, but one small group has fallen below the average."

Both the boys and the girls were stunned by the announcement. Even the students who were celebrating went silent. All the students had worked hard to do their best on the particular exam and aimed to score above the average. However, the exam results can be unpredictable and sometimes very harsh. 

The announcement could mean that someone will be expelled from the school. The question is whether it will be a 1st year, a senior student, or maybe both. The older Horikita looked at Nagumo as if he had just realized something. He tried to figure out the reason behind Nagumo's constant warped smile, but it was already too late.

"Firstly, I'll announce the lowest group... it's the group led by 3rd year Class B's Ikari Momoko-san."

The boys couldn't tell who was in that group at first. But they could hear screams from some of the girls, and they started to realize who belonged to that group. The bottom large group has been decided. Now, it all rests on which small group fell below the average.

In the worst case scenario, there could be expellees from all three years simultaneously.

"Now, as for the group that fell below the average..."

Silence fell upon the gymnasium like we were amid Zazen. Everyone, wanting to know the results as quickly as possible, focused on that man's mouth.

"Same as before, 3rd year..."

He read it out. The gymnasium was divided into those starting to break out into a smile and those beginning to get nervous.

"The group's leader is... Ikari Momoko-san. That is all."

After the declaration was made, Nagumo burst into laughter as if he had been holding back for a long time, and time, which seemed to have slowed down, resumed its average pace. However, many students were still unable to grasp the situation. 

Nagumo wasn't laughing because a student he didn't know had been expelled. It simply meant that a 3rd year Class B student had been expelled - that was all. But Nagumo was laughing because there was more to it than just that.

"What did you do, Nagumo!?"

The 3rd year Fujimaki from Class A approached him as though he just realized what was going on. The older Horikita didn't follow suit, but his expression turned grim.

"The announcement is still ongoing, senpai. Please calm down. Currently, this has nothing to do with you, Fujimaki-senpai. Class B got expelled, that's all. Isn't it great that a rival of yours has fallen?" He answered with a scornful laugh.

"Umm, please remain silent. This is truly unfortunate, but in taking responsibility, Ikari-san will have to be expelled. Furthermore, please consult me later since the group can opt for joint responsibility. I'll announce which girls' group took 1st place."

Despite saying how unfortunate it was, the announcements continued solemnly. However, the older Horikita no longer cared about having taken 1st place. He got caught up in it just how he was meant to be. It's precisely because he's an outstanding and exemplary person that he got beaten by Nagumo Miyabi—an unexpected attack.

"Ayanokouji, why is Fujimaki-senpai so angry...? As Nagumo-senpai said, the leader's a student from Class B. Isn't that great news for Class A?" Keisei whispered his doubts into my ear.

"No, it's not about the leader. I think it's about who will get dragged along with her."

"Eh?"

We were ordered to disband, and while they prepared the bus for the return trip, we were allowed free time to change our clothes. Nagumo stood boldly and called over a single girl.

"Ikari-senpai, please tell us. Everyone's curious to know who you will be dragging down with you".

Ikari, from the 3rd year, takes a look at her group with some annoyance, but she starts looking at Nagumo as if there hasn't been any problem since he was there.

Each person from this group seemed annoyed by the other's presence...

Tachibana seemed worried, but it was like her mind was somewhere else.

"I decided to bring Tachibana Akane-san with me! She disturbed the group!" Ikari spat.

"Nagumo... the promise made with Horikita was that we wouldn't involve a third party in this, right!?"

Fujimaki closes in, looking like he's going to punch someone.

Before Nagumo could answer, something happened, "Sorry, but Tachibana Akane is not a candidate to expel. She is one of the only members of your group to be above the score set by the school, and no proof against her proves that she voluntarily made this group fall... I would ask you to choose another person, Ikari."

Hearing this, Nagumo turned around toward the man, "What?!"

There were a few other reactions that I could notice—some relief from the girls in Tachibana's class.

But Fujimaki and Horikita, shocked and worried a second ago, were not just puzzled by what was happening.

A fight seemed to break out between the girls in their group. It wasn't long before it turned violent. Six girls were fighting with each other.

A teacher intervened and stopped their fight by separating the girls from each other.

While the teacher was busy handling the problem of Ikari-senpai and the others, someone was heading for the exit.

Kagurazaka...

Kagurazaka's POV

"You...!" I stopped in my tracks and glanced back.

As I stared back at him, Nagumo looked at me in shock.

"Hahahaha!" Nagumo burst out laughing and started clapping. That caught the attention of everyone in the gym.

"I knew it! I knew it!" He started walking toward me, "Kagurazaka."

"You're the only one who could read me and my actions! Thank you, Kagurazaka! Finally! Someone like me... Someone who can read my strategies and be an opponent... a rival! Without you... the result would have been a total victory for me without any challenge! Our encounter is the best thing that could happen!"

'I never did it for you, and you're a nuisance.'

I walked out of the gym, and someone was waiting for me with a confident grin plastered on her face, "Kouhai, you did a good job."

'I wasn't the only one to do something.'

She stopped leaning against the wall and started walking toward me before stopping right before me, refusing to take her gaze off me, "I did enjoy the expression on that blonde playboy's face at seeing his plan didn't work."

"You have outdone yourself this time, kouhai," Kiryuuin said, "Don't forget that you owe me a couple of favors."

With that, she walked away, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Flashback to the fourth day

It was dinner when I arrived at the cafeteria. I noticed a girl with purple hair. She didn't seem to be in the best state.

Some time passed, and I noticed she barely touched her food. She got up with her plate.

"Already leaving, huh? Do you have a problem with us?!"

Tachibana turned around worriedly, "I-I'm not feeling well, so I'm going head back to the room."

The girls seemed annoyed by Tachibana's answer.

"Tired, huh?! You should go to sleep with the poor result you achieved for our group!"

Tachibana didn't say a word as she tried to hold back her tears until she turned around and walked away.

"Hahaha, did you see the look on her face?!"

"Do you think she will understand now?"

The girls were laughing as I got up from my seat. I decided to head in the direction that Tachibana went.

So, it looks like Nagumo is targeting Tachibana. Does Manabu know about this?

It was still early, as almost everyone was in the cafeteria.

I caught up with Tachibana and found her sitting on the floor. She was looking mentally and morally exhausted.

I approached her, and she looked up, seemingly surprised, "K-Kagurazaka-kun..."

'You look like you need someone to talk to.'

"I-I'm fine... You should go back to your group."

I flicked her forehead, "Ow! Why would you do that? You're a rude kouhai!" She was holding her forehead as she gave a cute glare.

'Now that I got your attention. Was it bad results in your group, or is your mentality reaching its breaking point from the constant harassment?'

Her eyes widened when she read what I wrote. She wondered how I knew, but she didn't need to think that hard.

'I bet you already noticed, but those girls work with Nagumo. I don't think Nagumo cares about losing to Manabu in the exam. He wants him to lose in another way.'

"Huh...?"

'Lose the closest person to him and get them expelled.'

"Is it my fault?" Tachibana's eyes started to water, "Am I being a nuisance for Horikita-kun?"

'You need to ask him for help.'

"I can't... Horikita-kun has done a lot for us," Tachibana said.

Why is she being stubborn?

I sighed, 'I'll help you.'

"How could you help...?"

'You need to trust me.'

"Why are you helping me?"

Why, huh? I wasn't sure about the answer.

'If you get expelled, then you won't be able to ask Manabu out.'

Tachibana's face turned red, and I thought she would become a tomato.

"Bad kouhai!" Tachibana angrily said, "I respect Horikita-kun!"

You're not fooling anyone with the tantrum that you're throwing.

"I want the real reason."

'I respect Manabu.'

Her eyes widened, "Are you lying?"

I shook my head.

She seemed to be thinking before nodding, "Okay, I'll allow you to help me."

'I need to know who's in your group.'

"Umm, Ikari-san is the leader in my group... Some other girls from other classes are in my group."

'I will take care of them while you need to stay strong and get through the exam.'

"B-But..."

'You don't need to worry about me. I'll save you and Manabu.'

"I don't know what to say..." She quietly said.

She glared at me, "You should be referring to him as Horikita-kun or Horikita-senpai. Don't be disrespectful."

I ignored what she said, 'Invite me to the wedding when you and Manabu decide to get married.'

"Rude, disrespectful kouhai!"

I should leave before I get verbally assaulted or worse... But I had one more thing to talk to Tachibana about.

~Timeskip~

I left the area and looked for someone to give me information about Ikari and her friends.

Once I found her, I tapped her shoulder, causing her to turn around, and she looked annoyed.

"What do you want?" She spat, "It better not be my friendship like Horikita, I hope..."

'I want some information on a few senpais.'

She looked puzzled, "Why should I help you?"

'I'm the only person you can talk to when you need to vent.'

"I hate you, and I'm not doing it..." Kushida paused, "Help me expel Horikita."

A deadpan expression appeared on my face, causing her to click her tongue, "Bastard, I figured you wouldn't accept."

She looked more intrigued about something when her gaze landed on my body.

'You heard about that.'

She looked at me, "I was surprised to hear it from Yamauchi," I could hear slight frustration in her voice.

'Are you upset you couldn't figure out my secret?'

"As if!" She got defensive fast.

"Did it hurt?" She asked.

I looked into her eyes and noticed a hint of concern in them. It didn't take long before it disappeared, and she looked at me disgustedly.

"Stop staring at me, creep," she stated, "Just answer!"

'I think we are getting off-topic.'

Kushida clicked her tongue, "What do you want to know?"

'Ikari and few others.'

I was surprised by how much information she gave and learned a few things.

"What are you playing to do with this information?" She asked.

'Inspiration from your past.'

She was confused before a dark expression and smirk appeared on her face, "You're a bastard."

"I want in on this plan," Kushida said, "I want to ruin some lives."

End of flashback

The plan's first step was having Kushida get closer to her senpais with "kindness." I needed them to lower their guard somewhat so we could initiate the next step.

Flashback to day 5

I was in the cafeteria when I walked toward a certain girl. She raised her head when she saw me, and a grin appeared, "Does my favorite kouhai want to eat lunch with me?"

I shook my head, 'I need your help with things I can't do because I'm a guy.'

Kiryuuin's gaze turned severe, and she smirked, "What do I get if I help you?"

I shrugged, 'I already owe you a favor.'

"How about another date with this amazing woman?" Kiryuuin licked her lips.

'I think you would force me to go on another date with you.'

Kiryuuin smiles, "That's true."

'You know, get to see Nagumo's plan fall apart before your eyes.'

Kiryuuin's eyes widened as she chuckled, "My dear, kouhai... You know how to convince a girl."

"So, what am I doing?" She asked in a lower tone.

End of flashback

At bath time on the fifth day, Kiryuuin would sneak into the changing room, take Ikari's clothes, and hide them in another girl's locker in her group.

I needed to cause discord and break their "friendship," for they wouldn't become focused on Tachibana but more on themselves.

I continued this to the point they would be hating each other, and they weren't concerned about Tachibana. All the week's frustration got out, and a fight broke out.

Kiryuuin continued stealing some of Ikari's stuff, making her believe it was some other girls in her group.

Kushida would play in the innocent act and spread a few rumors.

I also had Kiryuuin slip an invitation under one of the girl's pillows, telling her to go out at night because the boy she had a crush on wanted to meet her.

I should get something for both girls because I wouldn't have been able to pull this off without their help.

"Kagurazaka-kun!" I turned around and saw Tachibana running toward me.

She stopped before me, took a deep breath, and started looking at me, trying to hold back tears, "I-I don't know how to thank you, Kagurazaka-kun... Because of you... I avoided making problems with Horikita-kun. I could never say how much I'm grateful."

I nodded.

There was something else that I needed to talk to Tachibana about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 60 4
A Classroom of the Elite story which follows Kiyotaka Ayanokouji as he navigates through his not peaceful life, along side his love(?) Arisu Sakayana...
16.5K 672 56
READ VOLUME 1 TO VOLUME 4.5! SORRY, THAT IT'S SEPERATED INTO DIFFERENT BOOKS! Welcome to the School Full of Elite Students! Ryuen has begun starting...
41.8K 2.1K 22
[Ayanokouji in Class C] Ayanokouji Kiyotaka has lived his life controlled by his father, in an environment that broke many lives through sheer violen...
15.1K 820 25
Ryuuen Kakeru is a delinquent who has lived his life on the streets ever since he was very young. With no propsects and his future looking grim, his...