Rooh (Book 2 - Singhania Brot...

By Amateurmisswriter_

The journey of a family bonded by heart and soul instead of blood! The journey of a boy who was left homeless... More

BOOK INFORMATION
Character Sketch
Prologue
Part 1 : Right to brother's love
Part 2 : His child
Part 3 : Mr. Singhania
Part 4 : Driving to grave
Part 5 : Consequences
Part 6 : A father
Part 7 : A family
Part 8 : Expressing emotions
Part 9 : Fun and assurances
Part 10 : Brother and sister
Part 11 : Home
Part 12 : The best way to answer!
Part 13 : Affianced
Part 14 : Pain and agony
Part 15 : His anchor
Part 16 : Wounds and love
Part 17 : Their angel
Part 18 : The essence of relationships
Part 20 : Trust
Teaser
Part 21 : A brother's love
Part 22 : Love and acknowledgements
Part 23 : Suffering in silence
Intertwined hearts
Part 24 : Lifeline
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28

Part 19 : The half truth

2.9K 249 173
By Amateurmisswriter_

The golden beam of light striking right across his face caused Aniket to come out of his peaceful slumber. His face scrunched up in annoyance as he pulled the comforter over his face to block the sunrays. Just a few seconds and he threw the comfort away from his face. He couldn't sleep with his face covered. He annoyingly turned to other side and hid his face in Arnav's midriff.

The sudden movement startled Arnav. He looked at Aniket and smiled softly at his expressions. Aniket was never an early riser. He ran his hands through Aniket's hair gently, careful enough to not break his sleep.

During the days they worked in the factory, there were mornings when Aniket had been woken up by agonizing hits on his body. Arnav could never forget the feeling of utter helplessness he felt whenever the boy was hit in front of his eyes. He shared nothing with Aniket, but his heart ached when the boy was in pain. Aniket was no one to him but when the boy looked at him, all he could see was the reflection of his own eyes. Aniket tugged at his heartstrings without even trying to!

"Bhaiyuuu!"

Arnav looked up. Aryan looked at him surprised and then raced towards him with a huge smile on his face.

"Sambhal ke, Aru..." Arnav whisper yelled but Aryan paid no heed to it and hugged him without a care.

"Good morning, bachcha," Arnav ruffled his hair gently.

Aryan pulled back with a smile but frowned when he looked at Aniket who was cuddling to Arnav. He nudged Aniket not so gently.

"Kya hai, Bhaiya," Aniket said without lifting his head. "Sone do yaar,"

"Bhaiyu," Aryan shook him again.

"Tujhe kya hua, Aru? Sone de na!"

"Aap utho yahan se!" Aryan demanded as he tried to push Aniket away from Arnav.

"Kyun be? Copyright hai tera?" Aniket retorted, annoyed.

Aryan huffed. "Haan, hai. All rights reserved! Ab chalo hato!"

Aniket rolled his eyes and snuggled to Arnav. "Copyright infringement ka case kar de ja, come on go!"

"Bhaiyu!" Aryan whined.

"Time out, boys!" Arnav stopped them. He looked at Aryan. "Ho gya patch up Bhaiyu se?"

Aryan pouted and nodded. He couldn't stay away from any of his brothers. He just didn't know how to. Aniket was his sound board; he couldn't go a single day without talking to him and his Bhaiyu knew that well.

"Aur teri konsi demand Puri ki teri Bhaiyu ne iss patch up ke badle?"

Aryan looked away like a deer caught in headlights.

"Aru!"

"Arey kya hai, Bhaiya?" Aniket pulled Aryan towards himself. "Kyun bachche ke peeche pade ho aap? Hum dono ke beech ki baat hai, hum dekh lenge,"

Arnav was not even amused. They did this all the time. He was smart enough to not indulge in their banters, so he diverted the topic. "Ayu uth gya?"

Aryan nodded his head. "Bhai niche hai Bhabhi ke saath. He is helping Bhabhi with breakfast."

Arnav looked at the watch and cringed. He had been wide awake and still lost the track of time. He smiled at Aryan. "Ready ho ja, Aru, saath me breakfast karte hai."

That drew a smile on Aryan's face. He bobbed his head and walked out. He could share some of his copyrights with his Bhaiyu. It was after quite long that he had found his Bhaiya in his Bhaiyu's room. His Bhaiyu had given him many of his copyrights, he was willing to share some of his!

Arnav looked back at Aniket, who had gone back to sleep, and shook him gently. "Get up, Ani. We're already late."

"Sone do na yaar,"

Arnav sighed. "Achcha tu soja thodi der aur, mujhe toh Jane de. Come on, let go of me!"

Aniket rubbed his eyes and sat up. He looked at the watch and cringed. He was late.

"Abhi bhi sona hai, wakil sahab?" Arnav smiled.

The smile on Aniket's face faltered when he looked back at Arnav. "Aap phir se nhi soye na puri raat?"

Arnav got up from the bed. "Get ready and come down for breakfast."

Aniket sighed in defeat. He knew Arnav wouldn't be up for that argument. He would always choose them over himself, their comfort over his own! And that's what made him Arnav Singhania!

"Bhaiya," He called out when Arnav was just stepping out of room.

Arnav turned to look at him.

"I can never let go of you; you know that, don't you?" He gave Arnav a charming smile. "Aur haan aap breakfast ke liye ruk hi rahe ho toh make me some grilled cheese sandwich?"

Arnav rolled his eyes, but his heart warmed up. His brother could be charming and annoying at the same time. His shoulders relaxed. He could handle anything till his brothers were alright. Aniket's nightmares were making his heart restless, but his smile calmed down his racing heart. He was grateful that his brother never let anything falter his smile. He would always be grateful for these mercies!

---------------------------------------

Arnav walked into the kitchen to the cheerful laughter of his wife and younger siblings. He was pleasantly surprised to see Shivangi with them. He stood on the doorstep listening to them.

"Yaar Bhabhi yeh toh jal gya dekho?" Shivi said as she took out a cake from the microwave.

Ashi turned off the stove and turned to her to check the cake. She sighed. The cake was completely burnt. "Temperature kisne set Kiya?"

Shivi turned to glare at Aryan, who turned to Ayaansh, and Ayaansh gave a sheepish look to them.

"Maine kaha tha na mai kar deti hoon?" Ashi glared at him.

"I wanted to learn, Bhabhi," Ayaansh gave her a charming smile. "Bhaiya kehte hai na cooking is a survival skill."

Arnav had taught him a lot of new things in kitchen over the past few months. His Bhabhi had wholeheartedly appreciated that. But for Ayaansh, the best part of their cooking sessions was when his Bhabhi blasted off his Bhaiya every time, he endured even a small cut. That had been their best source of entertainment for the weekends now.

"Bhaiya kehte hai cooking is an expression of love!" Aryan corrected him. For him, cooking was not limited to being a mere survival skill; it would always be an expression of love.

Ayaansh smiled. He couldn't agree more!

"If you guys are done with the enlightenment, can we do something about the cake?" Shivi smiled at them sarcastically.

"Rehne do, Shivi," Ashi took the cake away. "I'll make another one if you guys want."

Before Shivi could reply, Aryan hugged Ashi by her midriff. "Haan, Bhabhi, aur iss baar chocolate wala banana,"

"Kyun?" Ayaansh protested immediately. "Bhabhi fruit cake hi banao aap..."

"Enough, boys!" Shivi glared at them and pulled Ashi away from their hold, making her sit. "Aap kyun pareshan hoti ho, Bhabhi? No need to give in to all their demands. You are already not well."

"Kyun, kya hua Bhabhi?"

"Kya hua, Ashi?"

The boys and Arnav's voice echoed together; each voice holding equal amount of concern.

"Bhaiya..." Shivi began but was cut off by Ashi.

"Kuch nhi hua hai, Arnav. I was just a little tired." Ashi waved off the worried questions boys were starting to shoot at her.

"Agar aapki tabiyat thik nhi thi toh aap kitchen me kyun aayi, Bhabhi..." Ayaansh asked worriedly.

"Haan, Bhabhi, aap rest Karo, chalo aap apne room me..." Aryan held her hands to guide her away, but Ashi squeezed his hands in response. She looked at both Aryan and Ayaansh and spoke with a gentle smile. "I'm okay, beta. Bas halki thakan hai. There's nothing to worry."

"Par, Bhabhi..."

"Ayu," Arnav cut off Ayaansh gently. "Both of you go and call Aniket for breakfast."

Aryan opened his mouth to say something, but Ayaansh nudged him to come along silently. He understood that their Bhaiya wanted a moment with their Bhabhi. It could be something that Ashi couldn't share in front of them. Few things about couples demanded privacy and they had to respect that.

Shivi understood that too. She was about to walk out when Ashi held her hands discreetly. She looked at Ashi questioningly and Ashi gave her a pleading look to stay. She didn't want to be alone with Arnav right now. She knew she would melt into his eyes and blurt out everything.

"What's wrong, Ashi?" Arnav kneeled down in front of her and reached for her forehead and then her wrist. He didn't mind having Shivangi around. He had only sent the boys away to distract them.

"Mai thik hoon, Arnav." Ashi reassured him as she held his hands and spoke calmly. "Bas thodi si weakness lag rhi thi. I'll go to doctor if you insist."

Arnav nodded. "I'll come..."

"I can manage, Arnav..."

"You don't have to manage when I'm here, Ashi." Arnav reached to caress his wife's cheek. "I know you can take care of yourself but let me take care of my wife too? Please?"

Ashi's eyes softened as she saw the love and concern in his husband's eyes. She gave him a soft nod. Arnav smiled and got up from the floor after placing a soft kiss on Ashi's forehead.

That warmed up Shivangi's heart. The way Arnav looked at Ashi screamed of his love for her. And Ashi was the perfect yin to his yang.

"Shivi,"

Arnav's voice startled her out. She looked at him for a moment and then hugged him on impulse. Arnav was taken aback. He hugged her back and looked at his wife. Ashi shook her head.

"Is everything okay, Shivi?" Arnav asked gently.

Shivi's eyes filled up. She wanted to give an honest answer and tell him that nothing was okay. But she couldn't!

Tumhe humare pyaar ki kasam hai, Shivi, tum yeh baat kisi ko nhi bataogi, Bhaiya ko bhi nhi!

The words rang in her ears. She blinked off her tears and pulled back with a smile. "Haan, Bhaiya. Can't I hug you without a reason?"

Arnav smiled at her. "Bata kya khayegi naashte me?"

"Breakfast is ready, Bhaiya," Shivi shook her head in disappointment. Her brother could never rest. His eyes were clearly showcasing that he was sleep deprived and he wanted to make breakfast!

Arnav looked at his wife. He felt guilty that she had to do everything alone. She was already swamped with work at office, and she was the one looking after household chores as well. That troubled Arnav greatly. He didn't want Ashi to burden herself with so much.

The silent apology his eyes conveyed was met with Ashi's serene smile. She shook her head in assurance. She loved cooking. It wasn't a trouble for her. Arnav helped her with almost everything. She had no complaints with him being caught up in other things for a change. And she always had the privilege of house help. She just liked to do things on her own. Family place shouldn't be shared with strangers. The couple adhered to it firmly!

---------------------------------------------

As Aniket was getting ready, Meera walked into his room. Aniket saw her coming through the mirror and stiffened. He turned around to face her. Looking at her expressions, he already knew it was a bad news!

"Kal mai usse mili thi," Meera came to the point. She wasn't interested in any other sort of conversation with Aniket.

Aniket tensed. "Maine mana Kiya tha na, Naani. It's not safe..."

"Hume tumse puch kar kuch karne ki zarurat nhi hai, Aniket," She cut him off. "Mai jaanti hoon mai kya kar rhi hoon. Mere liye sirf mera bachcha zaruri hai. Apna khoon hai woh mera, taras rhi hoon mai uske liye. Par tum nhi samjhoge..."

The words cut deep through Aniket's heart.

"...khoon ki rishte bohot keemtey hote hai.."

"Shi kaha aapne, naani," Aniket cut her off gently yet firmly. He was not letting her point finger at their relationships. He loved his brothers too much to let anyone do that.

"Khoon ke rishton ko humne kabhi samjha hi nhi kyunki humare liye toh rishtey rooh se judte hai aur dil se nibhaye jate hai."

Meera was slightly taken aback by the change in his demeanor. Then she waved it off and spoke again, "woh tumse milna chahta hai,"

That didn't shock Aniket a bit. He was expecting it. The fear was the reason his nightmares had rebounded. He mentally strengthened himself. He couldn't lose to his fear.

"Kab?"

"Kal hi." Meera hesitated a bit.

Aniket observed her and instantly knew what it could be about. "Kya conditions di hai usne?"

Meera looked at his apprehensively.

"Boliye, Naani.."

"Woh Rishikesh me Milne chahta hai tumse," She spoke hesitantly. She knew she was asking too much from Aniket she didn't have a choice.

"Aur?" Aniket promoted carefully.

"Usne kaha woh wahi milega jahan yeh sab shuru hua tha, usi jagah jahan..." She blinked off the moisture from her eyes as she gathered the vicious words. "...jahan usne tum logo ki rooh ko apna gulaam bana liya tha,"

Aniket shut his eyes against the pain and anger that coursed through his veins. That person would always remind them of the cruelest and merciless face of their destiny!

The spasm of pain on his face sacred Meera. She questioned herself if she was right in doing this, but the greater fear took over her. "Tum jaoge na, Aniket?"

Aniket looked at her. He didn't blame her. He understood her desperation and helplessness. It was her grandson on stake. Anyone in her place would do the same. "Mai jaunga, Naani. Maine waada Kiya tha, peeche nhi hatunga.."

Meera sighed in relief. "Ek baar woh mujhe mera bachcha wapas de de, naam tak nhi jaanti mai uska..." Her eyes clouded over.

Aniket couldn't stop himself from reaching for her. "Bohot jaldi woh aapke saath hoga, Naani. Mai Puri koshish karunga. Woh humara Bhai hai..."

"Arnav apne chhote Bhai se milkar bohot khush hoga," Meera cut him off. It was her own grandson she was talking about. He was Arnav and Ayaansh's brother. She was guilty of pushing Aniket into danger, but she was sure once she got the boy everyone would be delighted. Arnav and Ayaansh will have their own brother back and she was willing to put anything on stake for that!

Aniket stepped back from her and nodded mildly. He didn't feel the need to voice out that he would be equally happy.

If they indeed had another brother who was sold to Mittal, as Meera had narrated to him, there was no way Aniket would let him stay under Mittal's hell any longer. He knew Arnav would be hurt that they hid the truth from him but there was no other way. Mittal had threatened Meera of killing the boy if Arnav got to know anything about it.

Meera remembered another thing and spoke, "Usne kaha bina securing ke aane.."

Aniket tensed but nodded. He had seen it coming. He was about to say something, but the boys barged into his room and that put an end to the conversation. Meera and Aniket gave each other last glance before Aniket let himself be dragged away by his younger brothers.

-----------------------------------------

After the breakfast, Aniket followed Arnav to the study. He took a deep breath, bracing himself for the aftermath and entered inside. Arnav looked up when Aniket sat down opposite to him.

"Ani?"

"Busy ho aap?"

Arnav shook his head. He could hear the hesitation in Aniket's voice and that didn't settle well with him. He shut down his laptop, closed his files and turned his undivided attention to his brother as the answer to his question.

"Aapko Mehra wala case pata hai na?"

Arnav nodded. It was a case that his brother was working on for around six months. "What about that?"

"Uss case se related information collect karne aur kuch legal documents ke liye I've to go out of station."

Arnav nodded and waited for him to continue. When he didn't, Arnav looked at him and found him staring back at him. His eyes were asking permission.

"You don't have to ask for permission, Ani," Arnav sighed. His brother was well above the legal age to ask permission. "You just have to inform."

Aniket gulped the lump in his throat and nodded. "Rishikesh Jana hoga kal..."

"Rishikesh?" Arnav stiffened.

"Ek hafte ke liye..."

"No!" Arnav cut him off sharply.

"Bhaiya..." Aniket's voice remained calm. He knew Arnav's reaction already.

"We're not discussing this, Aniket. You will not go. One week is far-fetched." Arnav's voice had finality and demanded obedience.

"Ek baar meri baat toh sun lo, Bhaiya..."

"I said no, Aniket!"

Aniket tensed up. "It's important, Bhaiya! I can't leave the case...."

"I'm not asking you to leave the case, Aniket. It's your work. I'll never interfere in that. But you will not go to Rishikesh!" Arnav's voice left no place for argument from his side.

"I've to go, Bhaiya!" Aniket firmed his voice.

"I said no, Aniket."

"You said I didn't need to ask for permission!" Aniket forced out the words.

The shock would have been too evident on Arnav's face that Aniket had to look away from him. Lying to Arnav was still his greatest guilt.

"You don't." Arnav said after he took a moment to compose himself. He walked closer to Aniket. "I understand your point, Ani, but samajh please, I can't let you go to Rishikesh. Tu jaanta hai Mittal is again out. We discussed this already. Ayaansh ke allergy attack ke baad we know he is targeting us. He wants to get back at us, Ani. Aise me tera Rishikesh jana thik nhi hai. He has his den there. He has Rishikesh under his control and no one knows this better than us. Please baat ko samajh, mere khatir hi shi...

There was desperate worry in Arnav's voice. Aniket wished he could assure his brother that he would do nothing that could hurt him, but he couldn't. As he was going to do exactly that.

"Mai aapko baat samajh rha hoon, Bhaiya. Par aap bhi samjho na. I need to go. This is really important."

"It can't be more important than your safety!" Arnav tried to keep his temper in check, but he couldn't. He might be sounding unreasonable, but he couldn't take a risk with his brother's life when he knew what Mittal was capable of.

With Aniket's nightmares, he was already on the edge. Something was already troubling Aniket. Arnav didn't know what, but he certainly knew that going to Rishikesh will only worsen things. Rishikesh was their worst nightmare. And with Mittal being active again, he didn't want to Aniket to walk into his den all alone.

"Kuch nhi hoga, Bhaiya. I really need to go." Aniket said squarely. "Kaam important hai. Agar nhi hota toh mai zidd nhi karta..."

"Abhi bhi karne ki zarurat nhi hai," Arnav retorted harshly. "Maine keh diya na, kahin nhi ja rha tu. Jo kaam hai get it done from here."

"Aap samajh nhi rhe, Bhaiya," Aniket stood up in agitation. "Mujhe Jana hoga. Why are you overreacting on such a thing?"

"Fine. I'm overreacting." Arnav snapped angrily. "But my word remains final."

Aniket shook his head. "I have to go."

"Mujhe Jo kehna tha maine keh diya, ab tujhe Jo karna hai tu kar le..." Arnav's eyes blazed with anger.

The harsh voice and harsher choice of words made Aniket flinch back automatically. He looked away from his brother to compose himself. Arnav shot him a glare and walked past him. He needed to cool off to talk sense to Aniket.

Aryan and Ayaansh rushed inside but stood at the door, scared of the miffed expressions of their elder brothers. Their Bhaiya looked livid and Bhaiyu looked agitated. They had heard Arnav's raised voice and couldn't hold back themselves. Arnav rarely raised his voice at them; he never had to. His one look compelled their obedience.

Just when Arnav was about to step out, he stilled hearing Aniket's voice. "Maine bhi keh diya, Bhaiya, I will go!"

The very next moment and icy cold stare was directed at Aniket. He fisted his hands to stop himself from giving in to those eyes. He still hadn't learnt to stand those eyes! He never will!

Aryan and Ayaansh looked at each other in shock. Their Bhaiyu never defied Arnav so blatantly. He did annoy Arnav till he lost his temper, but he never crossed the line.

"I need to go. Please samjho aap..." Aniket dared to speak.

"Mujhe nhi samajhna kuch bhi," Arnav said gravely. "Mai tujhe iss waqt Rishikesh nhi Jane dunga. Ek hafte ke liye toh bilkul bhi nhi."

"Mai trip par nhi ja rha, Bhaiya. It's my work!" Aniket said, visibly upset. "You can't do this!"

"Oh, I can, Aniket. And I so will." Arnav replied coldly.

"Fine. You don't want to see sense. Don't." Aniket retorted in annoyance. "You don't know my work, Bhaiya. Isliye aap samajh nhi rhe. Par mujhe toh pata hai na mera kaam? At least you trust me to know my job properly? Or you think I'm a lawyer in namesake, Bhaiya?"

The younger brothers gasped.

"You really want to know, Aniket?" Arnav's eyes glinted dangerously.

"I don't want to know anything, Bhaiya! I'm leaving for Rishikesh tomorrow!"

Aniket walked out from the study, leaving a shell-shocked Arnav behind. It hurt. It hurt awfully. But he wasn't given the privilege to choose!

____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

Hello, everyone. This is Aashvi. The chapter has been updated by me and hence the final editing and touches aren't there. Since the chapters are prewritten, I published it on your author's behalf.

For all the readers and friends who have been asking about Muskan, she is fine. Just a little unwell but fine. The concern and best wishes that has been flowing in through the messages are really heartwarming. I've conveyed them to Muskan, and she is overwhelmingly grateful. Thank you, guys.

Target remains same. 160 comments.

With love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 2.6K 37
|| Heritage Series - Book 1|| Mr Aditya Singh Rathore , A Crowned Prince and a Successful Businessman of Udaipur , Workaholic, Grumpy , possessive...
1.5M 128K 62
RATHOD In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emotio...
135K 9.9K 34
Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been abandoned by his own mother. A child who wa...