Chef's Kiss || Joshua

By xutaytay

Lost&Found universe book #3 Joshua discovers a newfound interest in Yumi, the new girl in town. Their love... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Bonus chapter

9

1.1K 63 36
By xutaytay

Joshua lounged on the couch, lost in his thoughts that had taken a distinctly Yumi-shaped turn. His mind was all over her, thinking if she was ok.

Dk, always worried about his members, saw his expression and slid in beside him with a knowing grin.

Dk nudged Joshua "Alright, spill the beans. What's got you in the clouds? Yumi on your mind again?"

Joshua's cheeks flushed slightly, and he let out a small laugh. "Guilty as charged. She's got this way of making ordinary moments extraordinary, you know?"

"How sweet." Dk said smiling at him

"It's not like that.We're just good friends. Her company is...nice."

"Nice, huh? You're practically writing love poetry with your eyes right now. It's adorable." Dk grinned got even bigger

"Alright, fine. Maybe there's a bit more to it. But, seriously, keep this between us. I'm not sure what this is "

"Your secret is safe with me,but just let me tell you one thing.... I didn't know what I had with Sunhee at first and now I'm planning a proposal"

"How's that going?" Joshua asked happy for him

"Gyuri and Geonwoo are helping me, I may do it at Pea birthday"

"You got us if you need help"

"But don't try... we were talking about you"

"What do you want me to say? Being with her is nice, she's smart, caring, funny... she's beautiful" he said and Dk wiped his chin

"You had some drool" he teased him "you like her"

"And if I do? What can I do about it?"

"I don't know... tell her" Dk said sarcastically

"And if she says no?"

"I'm pretty sure she likes you too but if she says no you fight for her"

"I'm an idol" Joshua looked at his phone seeing he had a text from her and smiled

"I am too. I have my two girls home and nothing stops you for wanting the same"

"Thanks" he smiled as Dk

"Now answer her and tell her how you feel... not by text you get what I mean" he hugged Joshua before getting up "Sunhee texted me that Pea is with her parents so if you excuse me"

Joshua laughed as Dk left the dorms in quite a hurry.

Joshy 🧜‍♀️

*photo*
New recipe

Looks amazing

I know
And it taste like heaven
Do you want some?

Diet

Why?
You're kidding me right?

No
Unfortunately
That looks really good

When your diet is over tell me and I'll make you everything you want ok?

You're awesome do you know that?
The man who get to be with you is a lucky man

Are you a lucky man?

I hope so

I think you are

Sweets you're playing with fire

With you it's more like playing with water

Where are you?

Home

Ok

Ok?

Ok
See you soon

After moments of contemplation, Joshua decided it was time for the big gesture.

With a bouquet that could rival a florist's inventory, he made his way to Yumi's place. Nervous excitement coursed through him, walking to her door he was rehearsing what to say in his head.

He knocked on her door, bouquet held awkwardly in front of him, and took a deep breath. When Yumi opened the door, her surprised expression was priceless.

"Hey sweets"  Joshua said, giving  the bouquet to her.

"Wow, these are... enormous! Did you buy out the entire flower shop?" Yumi eyes widened

"Maybe just a small section of it" he chuckled "please tell me you're not allergic to flowers"

"I'm not. They're beautiful." Yumi blushed, a mix of flattery and confusion evident on her face "But what's the occasion?"

Joshua took another deep breath, preparing for the confession he'd been rehearsing in his head. "No occasion, really. I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy spending time with you. You make everything simpler, and I've come to realize that you mean a lot to me. So, um... I like you, Yumi. More than just friends."

Yumi's eyes widened even more and she can't find the words she wants to say. She looks at him and saw him nervously waiting for an answer.

He scratched the back of his head nervously "Yeah, it's not the smoothest confession, but it's genuine. I just felt like I don't need to wear any mask with you. This is me."

Yumi's smile softened, and she looked at the bouquet in her hands "Honestly, this is the most memorable and gigantic confession bouquet ever. Book worthy even" she smiled

Relief washed over him, and he grinned "I'm happy you think so. So, hum, any chance you might feel the same way?"

"I like you too but I don't have a bouquet for you. I have food... wanna come in and eat something?"

"Yeah that would be good" His grinned

As Yumi closed the door behind Joshua, she's trying to find something to put the flowers while Joshua is standing there awkwardly.

"But next time, maybe consider a smaller bouquet. My apartment is drowning in flowers right now."

Joshua relaxed "Noted. To more manageable bouquets and unexpected confessions."

"Here, you better eat all or I'm gonna be sad" she said giving him food

"Thank you"

As they were eating, Joshua stole glances with her trying to figure out the next step.

"You're suppose to eat not to look at me" Yumi called him out

"Sorry, it's hard not to look at you"

"You're always on flirty mode" she chuckled "is it good ?"

"I might have to hire you as my personal chef"

Yumi laughed and got up to clean the dishes, got stoped immediately by Joshua grabbing her waist and taking the plates from her hand "I'll do the dishes"

"What something for dessert?" She asked inches away from his mouth

"I can think of somethings I want" he said leaning in a little more "I want something sweet" he smiled

"Say what you want... that's how it works with us" she said looking at his lips

"Kiss me" he whispered and with his hands on her waist still he pulled her closer.

Without a word, Joshua closed the distance, their lips meeting in a tender, tentative kiss.

As the kiss deepened, it became a sweet exploration of emotions they had hesitated to voice. Joshua's fingers gently tangled in Yumi's hair, while her hands found their place on his chest, a silent acknowledgment of the closeness they had embraced.

Time seemed to slow, and the world faded into the background, leaving only them.

When they finally pulled away, their eyes met once again and they actually laughed of how good that kiss was.

Joshua left her house with the biggest smile on his face but that didn't last long as he open his phone and saw the news.

He was involved in a dating scandal...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1K 37
Ari is a typical quiet girl, only focusing on her studies after a boy plays with her. After that, no boy has been capable of getting near her. One d...
52.6K 1K 75
A little K-Pop fan takes a little tumble after meeting another big star. How would that turn out?
55K 1.9K 35
Kim Mingyu met a boy who loves to read books at the library. He found out that this guy has no friends, so he befriended the guy and didn't get ignor...
25.2K 1.4K 40
Quiet romance book 3# Bitna is back. Despite their past connection, they must navigate the challenges of rebuilding their relationship while balan...