Love Finds a Way !!!

بواسطة Aponion

Let's embark the Journey of Aarav & Kanak .... two individuals belonging to completely different strata of so... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
EPILOGUE
Other Stories

Chapter 77

1.1K 98 9
بواسطة Aponion

Kanak sipped her tea. It was almost four in the afternoon. She sat in her little balcony looking out. The clouds were back but with sun shining through the slits it might not rain. She felt a strange excitement inside. And there was also a certain sense of calm. She had wondered about her conversation with Rohini and realized she could understand the older woman's concerns. It was amazing. They did share common things. All this while she had been concentrating on the differences between them when she should have concentrated on finding common grounds. It could be more incredible if she could bond with a woman like Rohini. Her strength amazed her. And she could see where Aarav had picked up that particular trait. They both were very strong individuals. Both beautiful people. And equally stubborn. Rohini had asked her to talk to Aarav and she had called him only he had been busy. He had told her he would come by her house later and she hadn't pushed the issue. He had seemed tense to her and she had hoped all was well at his workplace.

Kanak smiled. Exactly when had she turned so lucky? Here was a man who she had disliked, she couldn't use the word hated because it would be too strong an emotion. And disliked immensely. For the way he had manipulated her in finding Palak though now in hindsight she could understand his motivations too. Despite the dislike she hadn't been able to stop herself from grudgingly admiring the man. He had irritated her. He still did. He was still his arrogant self. But he was the most beautiful human being she could have met. She remembered how often she had cursed her luck for having met him. And now she couldn't thank her luck enough. She was the luckiest woman alive for having met Aarav, then fallen in love with him and the best, he loved her. It was enough. She sighed suddenly. She couldn't let him make a mistake by leaving everyone for her. She wasn't that greedy. But how was she going to put this across to him? Would he listen? He would. Question was would he agree? She could have pondered over the little questions for some more time only the doorbell rang. She rose and went to open the door. By the time she had reached and unlatched it, the doorbell had rung at least five more times. Who was this insistent? She was a bit irritated. As she opened the door her irritation doubled. Palak stood outside with an angry expression on her face.

The second the door opened wide enough Palak walked in purposefully and turned around to face Kanak tapping her foot impatiently. Not sure what she wanted Kanak followed immediately momentarily forgetting to latch the door.

"How could you do this?" Palak started loudly.

Kanak gave her a puzzled look then decided to not give in to her irritation.

"What are you talking about?" Kanak asked with a forced calmness.

"Don't pretend innocence di," Palak warned wagging a finger in front of Kanak and took a step closer to her, "you know what I am talking about," she said and narrowed her gaze.

"If I had known Palak I wouldn't have been asking," Kanak replied in exasperation.

"You know what you have done," Palak insisted, "how could you do this to me di? You didn't find any other man to have an affair with except that...that Aarav Singhania?" she said with distaste. "Do you have any idea who he is? He also happens to be my brother in-law in case you have forgotten," Palak went on at a rapid speed, "I told you how miserable he made me, I asked you if you had a soft spot for him and you denied it...I talked to you every single time and what do I find out," she said dramatically waving her arms around, "that you are secretly having an affair with him," she accused.

Kanak was a bit surprised. Just this morning she had met Rohini and that woman knew because Aarav had spoken to her. How did Palak find out? Did Rohini say something to her? She wasn't sure. But this was between her and Aarav and maybe those who were close to him and that list didn't include her little sister. She was sure of that.

"If you know about it then I don't think it is that big a secret," Kanak said trying to maintain her temper.

"Don't make a joke out of it," Palak screamed, "because it is not. Do you have any idea of what I will have to go through because of your foolishness? My prestige will be at stake amongst my in-laws," she said raising her chin a bit, "they will question me as to how come Aarav fell for someone like you..." she said and would have gone on but Kanak interrupted her.

"Wait a minute," Kanak said frowning, "why will your reputation be at stake? Why will they ask you questions? And what do you mean by 'how come Aarav fell for someone like you'?" she asked narrowing her gaze at her sister.

For a second Palak looked taken aback. She hadn't even realized what she had said in her anger. She had received a call from Dhruv an hour ago. She had been with her friends at an exhibition. And when she had heard what Dhruv had had to say she had been shocked. Aarav had hinted at resigning from his position at a board meeting today. He had cited reasons to being personal. When later Dhruv had asked him what was wrong Aarav had told Dhruv of his decision and why. She had heard the anger in Dhruv's voice and she had understood the implications. Her entire way here she had wondered about only three questions. One, exactly when had Aarav found someone as plain as Kanak to be attractive enough to fall in love with her. Two, why hadn't Kanak told her anything. And three, what repercussions would she face over this new development. She hadn't meant to let out her thoughts in a similar fashion in front of Kanak. But her anxiety over her position had lead her to lose her temper.

"I am waiting Palak Singhania," Kanak said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Kanak had surprised Palak again. That tone was very familiar but it was something Kanak had never used with her before. She looked carefully at her sister. She looked different. Her stance was closed. Her tone formal. Her eyes narrowed. And her arms over her chest. She looked just like...just like Aarav would in a similar situation. And Palak almost gasped. Her eyes grew large in her face. Her sister looked so confident standing there challenging her. Exactly when had the transformation happened? This wasn't the first time Palak had spoken of Kanak's plain looks or timid, unconfident attitude but this was definitely the first time where Kanak seemed to have taken an offence.

"You know what I am talking about di," Palak said lowering her voice a little, "your personalities don't match besides you are not suitable for him," she said evading the piercing glare she was getting.

"I don't owe you an answer Palak," Kanak said firmly, "how or why or whatever else you want to ask. I never asked you anything about your affair with Dhruv or other circumstances," she said evenly, "no two people are ever the same, if I and Aarav are different so are you and Dhruv," she said and heard Palak suck in her breath, "besides I get to decide who I suit and who I don't," she told Palak categorically.

"Wow di," Palak said theatrically, "where did you learn such confidence," she jeered, "frankly, I don't know if it suits you or not," she said and shrugged, "but will have to give it to you. I don't know how you did it but you managed to attract the attention of Aarav Singhania," she said faking surprise, "and he seems to be pretty serious too considering he has announced his resignation today," she said coyly and watched her sister keenly who looked a bit out of her element at that but not overly surprised or shocked, "nice tactic though. Am sure it is just a manipulative move to get what he wants. Especially because the kind of person he is," Palak went on missing the anger that had come over Kanak. She took a step to the side and walked around the room, "wonder what you saw in him? At least Dhruv is charming and considerate. He isn't like Aarav at all. But di, tell me honestly did you pause to think what everyone would say if this became public? What would ma and papa think? How would it be taken by my in-laws? How it would affect my rapport with them?" she said then paused and turned, "I think not," she said waspishly.

"You know what your problem is," Kanak said as she smiled sarcastically, "you can't look beyond yourself," she said controlling desperately to hold on to patience, "even now it is all about you. One you cannot accept that someone can be interested in me and two you are worried of your equation with your in-laws," she said, "you are my sister, tell me, how many times have you stood by me? Every time I have needed you I found I stood alone," she said her voice rising with her rising temper, "even now, I need your support but what do I get accusations, insinuations, insults. Why do you think you are above me? Why do you think I am someone who cannot win the love of an important man or any man for that matter? You ask me what aunty and uncle will think, tell me, do you really care," she asked angrily. "I love Aarav more than I could have imagined. And I know I would never be able to love another. I never asked him why he was attracted to me neither did he," she said honestly, "there wasn't any need. But I will tell you why I fell in love with a manipulative inconsiderate man you so passionately believe him to be," she said angrily, "he is unlike anyone I ever met. He is someone who believes in what he says and does. His strength of character lies in how he acts. He makes sure his family stays safe and that includes you too," she said heatedly, "he had no need to take the blame for getting you and Dhruv married. He could have told the truth about you and washed his hands off but he didn't. Why? Did you ever question his act? I am sure you didn't. It must have pleased you to no end to see him being penalized for no fault of his," she said sarcastically, "your job was done. Did you ever thank him? Of course not," she said answering her own question, "why should you. And you have the audacity to call him inconsiderate. What should I call you for your ungratefulness? He did so much for Dhruv what did your charming husband reward his brother with? Aarav had to listen and bear so much because of him. Maybe it was all manipulation on your part more than on his," she asked passionately. Then she took in a calming breath. "His qualities are lost on someone like you Palak Singhania rest assured I don't need your support or concern. And maybe you should be more worried about your truth than my affair, I think I will manage just fine," she finished.

"You are making a huge mistake," Palak countered, "how I deal with my relations is my problem I don't need advice from you," she said sharply, "as far as your...this little affair is concerned don't expect me to help you. It won't materialize anyway," she said confidently, "Aarav would never go against his family and you will have nothing but heartache in future," she predicted angrily, "as for my truth I have already been accepted as the daughter-in-law of the Singhania family and my relations are improving with my mother in-law. Even if I never divulge the details I would never be penalized over it," she said confidently, "as for ma and papa. You will hear from them soon and we will see what they have to say," she said viciously.

Kanak was hurt. She hadn't expected anything from Palak and yet somewhere she had hoped that at least they were sisters and so maybe she would support her. She wasn't asking for much was she? Even if she didn't support her she didn't need to behave in such fashion. She felt sad. And it brought tears to her eyes. She hadn't been able to take Palak's attitude towards Aarav. Why was he so misunderstood? Because he wanted it that way came the answer. She had felt the need to defend him and so she had. She didn't care what anyone thought. She was above that now. And if Aarav was taking a decision she was confident in that decision. She may not marry him till he had his family's approval but she won't leave his side either.

"I don't think you have anything more to say," Kanak said emotionally, "but I am confident of my relationship with Aarav, rest assured I will stay beside him for always," she told Palak who looked away with a snide smile, "as for what others have to say I don't think their opinion matters anymore," she said and raised her chin keeping her head high.

"You don't know what you are getting into," Palak said derisively, "fine, do it your way. You want to be stubborn over this then so be it," she said definitely, "just don't expect any support from either me or Dhruv if things fall apart for you," she warned.

Kanak looked at her sister and smiled. She battled her emotions. She was on her own. But she had known it somewhere it would come to this if Aarav wouldn't get any support from his family. She sighed and would have replied to Palak finally asking her to leave when a voice boomed from the doorway.

"She doesn't need your support, not now not in future," the voice said firmly.

And both Kanak and Palak looked towards the doorway. They were both surprised but Kanak recovered faster while Palak didn't know if she should be within the same space as the man who stood there with his hands in the pockets of his trousers and a serious angry look on his face. Palak looked away while Kanak just drank in the sight.

Aarav Singhania had arrived.

***********************

Thank you for taking out the time to read ...

Votes and Comments Appreciated !!!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

427K 22.5K 146
"𝙄'𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙮. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤. 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧." From an early age, Nicki Driscoll was inherently...
15K 1.3K 89
The story is set in the imaginary state of Swarnbhoomi in India. The FIRST KISS is always special and when that kiss happens at the tender age of se...
453K 16.9K 30
It's a story about a girl who was intended to get married to a guy but he runs away. In order to maintain the dignity of their families and the busin...
649K 50.3K 34
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...