Something Immortal

By acidheart999

Emily Salvatore was the youngest of her siblings, yet the first vampire of her family. She used to lead a hap... More

§ act one §
Epilogue
1 § the original
2 § something only we know
3 § compulsion
4 § a walk around history
5 § dinner party
6 § the welcome wagon
8 § suspicion is the greatest weapon
9 § lay back
10 § a promise broken
11 § Emily's letter §
§ act two §
12 § out of the family drama
13 § bad habits
14 § the day we met again
15 § I lost everything
16 § trust and other issues
17 § eternal love
18 § no goodbyes
§ act three §
19 § lucien
20 § the strix
21 § everything
22 § boyfriend is an insult
23 § stupid things
24 § siblings
25 § christmas
26 § bloody roses
27 § you and i
28 § grand poobah
29 § the older brother

7 § I'm back

44 2 0
By acidheart999

I panted against the wall, sweat dripping from all over me. Every cell in my body wanted to tare apart. My head was a pounding drum as I finished another blood bag, curtesy of Marcel. 

"This is a full workout you know? I already get told I'm skinny." Davina chuckled at my jokes. I got a feeling she didn't get visitors often up here. 

"It will all come back, like dominoes, I just have to find the moment they compelled you." I nodded closing my eyes.

Marcel had left half an hour in, after we'd made no absolute progress, he had a city to control. It's been six hours now. The sun is up and I feel like ripping my own heart out. I still don't remember jack, but Davina was sure it was because it happened so long ago and so much was taken away. 

I sighted, drinking more water. My phone rang in my pocket. The name pushed all the pain and tiredness away as I stood up. "Elena?" I answered. 

"Ugh thank God Emily, I've been calling you all morning." I frowned. 

"Yeah, I've been a little occupied doing... something. What's going on?" I asked panting as I paced the room trying not to fall over every step.  

"I woke up Elijah." I stopped blinking a few times, not sure I'd heard her right. "Emily, are you there?" 

"I don't know, I think I heard you say, you woke up Elijah. And that would be incredibly stupid of you now wouldn't it, considering it was you who put him there in the first place." I heard the small scoff coming from her. I also managed to hear another heartbeat in the room. "Do Damon and Stefan know?" 

"They probably do by now. Look, Elijah won't make a deal with me until he knows you are okay." I sighted, chuckling as I used a towel to wipe my face from all the sweat before thinking better of it and putting it down, it was dirty, like everything here. I didn't do germs. "Where are you?" 

"Praying." Davina scoffed sitting on the bed. "You disturbed my private, intimate moment." Elena didn't speak for a second. "Am I to assume he's there with you now? I can hear him breathing." 

"Yes." Shaking my head I sat on the chair again motioning to Davina I was ready, there was no time to waste. "He want's to know what you're doing? Were you... running?" I paused, a smirk on my face. 

"No. Maybe. Cardio is good for the heart." If he could turn his back on me, I could do just the same, twice as worse. "I'm with a friend." Davina smiled at me, she probably had no friends. There was a pause on the other and before I heard him speak. 

"Where is she?" 

"We'll be in touch Elena. I'm doing just fine." I hung up throwing the phone on the floor again. And Davina was at it again. 

§§§

I screamed one last time falling to the floor. 

"Your filth is a poison in this earth!" He seethed holding me up against the wall. 

"Says the maker." 

"I'm sorry. I'm trying." Davina whispered leaning down. 

"No, no ..." I stoop up holding myself up against the wall. 

"You will forget you ever met my children, you will rot for eternity in your own grave---

"I-- I think I remember. It was-- Davina it was Mikael. Mikael! I remember him! Davina!" I looked at her, a smile coming to my face, "I remember now, oh my God, it was him, at-- at the opera house! It was burning to the ground--" She looked at me confused. "He thought I ran away with Elijah but-- but we got separated in the fire, so I went to the opera house, where I found Marcel, he was--

I started rambling as pieces of a puzzle where coming back together. 

The door opened and Marcel walked in. He looked between us at for a moment. 

Slowly, everything was starting to come back in. It all started to make sense. I felt like the wind was knocked of off me. 

"So you're the mystery woman Rebekah hasn't stopped talking about." I smiled turning around. 

"You must be Marcel. The soldier." I offered him my hand as I smiled. 

I smiled at him, he raised his eyebrows confused. I couldn't help the laugh coming over me from the happiness of seeing my best friend like it was the first time, running to him I wrapped my hands around his neck hugging him tightly. He grunted in surprise before wrapping his arms around me back as well. 

"I take it you're back." He said. 

"I'm back." I whispered. "Marcel I'm back!" I took a step away looking around holding my head in my hands. Another laugh of joy came over me as I spun around before walking to Davina and hugging her too. "Marcel it was Mikael." He frowned. "After we got out of the opera house remember? He- I remember he broke your neck when I saved you, kept asking me where they were, I'd planned with Elijah to meet at the docs, he compelled it out of me, then told me to forget I'd ever heard the name Mikaelson. It was-- oh my God, Elijah. Elijah, Marcel I was so rude, I---" 

Marcel sighted. Then grabbed my shoulders giving me another hug. I sighted separating and walking to Davina, I didn't know how to express all the things I wanted to say to her. "Thank you." I said, I winced almost stumbling. 

"I'm Elijah." I smiled, brown eyes looking down at me. He'd been following me around all evening. 

"Emilia." He took my hand kissing it softly. 

"Whatever brought you here to New Orleans, Emilia." I chuckled placing my drink down. He said my name like he'd known it all his life. 

"Getting away from home, hoping to blend in with the rest of the world." He smirked looking out into the party. 

"That might just be impossible. Not when you're a woman looking like that." I raised my eyebrows in question.

"And how's that?" 

"Magnificent." 

"You alright? Emilia-- Emily?" Marcel held my shoulders. 

"Yeah, it's just-- it's all coming back so fast." I sighted, inside I was dying of excitement. "Emilia is just fine." That was the first moment I'd met Elijah

Elijah. Oh my God. I'd been so horrible. I couldn't stop thinking about him. His face when he'd seen me. I thought he hated me, instead he-- I scoffed not believing myself. And he was acting so indifferent just before he left. "If I was human I'd ask for an ibuprofen right about now." I chuckled. 

"Good to see having your memories back didn't get rid of your humour." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"I always had a great sense of humour." I threw back with a smile. 

"You friend keeps calling again." Davina handed me my phone. I frowned picking up again. I barely got a word out before I was bombarded. 

"Where are you?!" Elena sounded more scared then scolding. "Listen, I know you said not to call unless the house was burning, but I already did this morning and--- Emily, Jenna just found out that vampire's exist and I'm freaking out. I don't know what to do!"

"Okay calm down, calm down." I said as she spoke in one breath of air. Then I stopped, processing what she just said. "Jenna what?" 

"She saw Stefan's face Emily! Klaus was there as Alaric, and he threatened her, it's all so messed up. I really don't mean to call you but I don't know how to do this." Klaus was there as Alaric? What the fuck happened while I was gone?

"Elena, I'll be there in two hours, I promise. Calm down, okay? I'm on my way." Marcel suddenly went on defensive mode. I shrugged putting my phone away and picking my jacket. "Duty calls."

"Hold on, wait." I stopped looking at him confused. "So you're just going to leave, just like that?" 

"When family calls, you answer... And Elijah. We-- God we need to catch up. " I said to him thinking of all the shit I needed to fix. 

"Look, Emilia, I can't let you leave knowing where Davina is." I frowned. "A lot of people are looking for her right now, and if they find you out--

"They wont. Marcel, you can't trust me on this. I wont tell a soul. Not about Davina, not about you. I'm guessing Klaus doesn't even know you're alive?" He shook his head. I scoffed. "Okay, how about this, I give you my word that I'm coming back here. My life is here now, my job, my apartment. But I have to go, my best friend needs me, and I left her like the horrible person I am, I know you can understand that." 

He pursed his lips. I gathered by the questions he kept asking that the Mikaelson's had no idea he alive. Rebekah, first of all, would never have left him. I couldn't understand why he didn't reach out in the first place. 

"I trust her Marcel." I smiled at Davina. 

§§§

I was determined to make it there in closer then two hours time. It was a seven hour trip.

The roads were luckily open, the sun shining and I kept getting messages from Damon and Stefan both alike. 

A heat wave came over me and my foot hit the break skidding in the road as everything turned white. 

"We should return to the party Elijah!" I said chuckling as we ran around the park. 

"And why would we do that?" He stopped turning around to wrap his arms around my hips pulling me back against his chest.

"They'll be looking for us." I whispered staring up at him. He hummed leaning down, "and they'll find us," I chuckled as he ran his mouth along my neck, "It'll be a scandal." I said dramatically escaping from his arms and running away again. 

Suddenly he'd locked me from the back raising me up and spinning around. 

I came back to my senses standing in the middle of a road. I couldn't stop a smile covering my face as I rested my head back. "I'm back." I whispered to myself before switching the gears and driving at a hundred miles again. 

~a/n

Shorter chapter but too cute. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 2.5K 94
Mia Salvatore is the youngest out of the two brothers. She's currently living in New York and is having the time of her life. She gets a call from St...
23.2K 318 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
115K 1.6K 52
Emily Gilbert, who is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert finally returns home after two years from her stay in New Orleans. What happens when everyt...
1.1K 37 17
Lilliana Moore's life has changed, and in most ways, not entirely for the better. Just when she thought she had Elijah back for good, his nefarious...