heart to heart | namkook

By vickie_org

namjoon is a pediatric neurologist and jungkook is a pediatric cardiologist working in the same hospital in w... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen

nine

119 12 15
By vickie_org

"this is a pretty ring. thank you" namjoon smiled a bit as he put it into his pocket, "no problem, young man. have a good day"

namjoon nodded, "you too" he said before leaving the shop. he finally had the ring and suddenly everything felt more and more real. he would be marrying jeon jungkook after 2 months of knowing him.

well, he didn't know how to propose, but he would find a way. maybe something nature related since they rarely found the time to go outside as doctors.

"taehyung, do you have consultations today?" jimin asked as he swung by cardiology, "no, why?" he asked, a sort of bland look at his face.

he couldn't help it. he felt something break in his chest every time he interacted with jimin.

"can you take care of my son?" he asked, "uh, sure" he smiled a bit, waving at the child that hugged jimin's leg, "appa, no" he frowned, "i think you'll get along" he smiled at the boy and rubbed his back, "what's your name, little one?" taehyung asked and kneeled to the boy's eye level.

"j-juwon" he quietly said, "wow! that's so cool! let's go color, okay?" he smiled, "jimin, where are you going?" taehyung asked out of curiosity, "to an appointment. i'll be back in like an hour?"

taehyung nodded and took juwon to play while jimin left. he took him into his office, that he barely used since he spent most of his time in the emergency department.

"so.. what's your eomma like?"

"i don't have one" juwon mumbled as he colored with some markers taehyung had in his backpack, "oh? do you have two appas?" he asked, "um, no. i just have appa"

taehyung raised a brow. had he spent his days rotting in bed for nothing?

"appa doesn't have a girlfriend or boyfriend because he's scared" juwon's nosy self said as taehyung typed on his computer, "how do you know that?"

"the therapy guy said" juwon spoke. was taehyung a bad person if he asked juwon more questions?

"therapy?"

"mhm"

therapy for what? he wanted to ask, but doubted that the little boy knew.

"that's cool"

juwon shrugged. "taehyung, do you have more markers?" he asked, "i have a whole bag. i love markers" the doctor smiled, "may i please use them?"

he nodded and brought the bag out from the cabinet for the boy to use.

taehyung
i'm babysitting his son
and the son says he doesnt have another parent
THEN WHERE DID HE COME FROM??!!

jungkook
maybe he's divorced like namjoon

taehyung
jimin is 24

jungkook
namjoon told me his son goes to the same grade as his daughter and his daughter is 8
then that'd mean that he had his son at 16??

taehyung
SIXTEEN??!!
maybe namjoon didn't do the math right

jungkook
i trust namjoon
maybe jimin is older??

taehyung
no he's not

jungkook
well then

"you look exhausted" namjoon mumbled, seeing how out of breath the younger one looked, "a school bus crashed and the emergency department is doing triage. there's only 3 cardiologists and 26 kids with tachycardia and 2 with an arrhythmia" he mumbled as he leaned against the doorway, "get ready because the currently stable kids are being sent for neuro exams" he said, namjoon hummed, "thank you for letting me know. rest well, okay?"

"who said i'm done? i told them i was going to the bathroom but i just came here to catch a breath. i'll catch you later" he sighed and went back to emergency department.

namjoon smiled a bit seeing how hard working jungkook was, it made him happy.

"you're going to be the next one in the emergency department if you don't slow down" namjoon said as he caressed jungkook's sweaty hair and opened a water bottle for him.

"i don't want any of them to die" he breathed out, namjoon wiped his sweat. "you do everything in your power" the boy reassured, jungkook began hyperventilating.

"j-joon" he tried breathing.

the tall one's eyes widened as he saw that, "jeon, breathe for me. deep breaths. everything is okay. the kids are fine, right?" he asked. jungkook nodded as he cried.

having patients die was one of the worst things jungkook had experienced. it meant that a set of parents had lost their son, a child had lost a sibling, grandparents lost a grandchild, and they would all continue their lives with a shattered heart.

"bpm w-was 168 for patient in bed four. t-that's absurdly fast" he cried, "it is, honey. did you work that out?" namjoon gently asked, "y-yeah. cardioversion. should be normalizing by now" he whispered, namjoon pulled him close and rubbed his back.

"who's working on cardio in the ED now?" he asked, "other cardiologists. head of ED told me to rest" he croaked, "that's right, you need to rest"

jungkook's hands were shaking as he avoided eye contact with namjoon, "let's get you a snack, okay?"

"i don't want to eat" he mumbled, "you haven't had your lunch, you need to eat"

the slightly younger one sighed and pulled his knees to his chest, "okay" he quietly mumbled and let namjoon get him a snack.

"i was thinking we could go to a nature reserve. that'd be fun" namjoon spoke as jungkook ate a fruit cup and drank water, "i like nature reserves, but i don't get to go to them often" his hoarse voice said, "let's go to one this weekend"

jungkook smiled a bit, "that sounds like fun" he spoke, "mhm" namjoon said, the younger one wrapped his arms around the other one, "thank you for helping me feel better" he softly said, earning a chuckle from his boyfriend, "don't worry about it"

jungkook pressed a kiss on the man's forehead before continuing to eat.

"thanks for taking care of him. i hope he wasn't too much" jimin smiled, "he was really good" taehyung reassured the boy, "appa, how was therapy?"

jimin tried to hide his red face as his son asked that, "it was good, juwon" he said, "taehyung gave me markers. i also told him i don't have an eomma"

taehyung awkwardly smiled at jimim who turned even more red by the second, "i don't think taehyung needed or wanted to know that" he spoke, "i don't mind" taehyung reassured.

"so, you're single?" the cardiologist managed to cough out, "yeah" jimin spoke, "that's.. cool"

jimin nodded, "well, we have to go. thank you, doctor kim"

there it is. taehyung messed up again.

taehyung
GONNA ROT AGAIN IN MY BED
I HATE THIS OH MU GOSHHHHHHHH

jungkook
what happened this time??

taehyung
so his son told me hes not seeing anyone
and when i gave his son back he told jimin that he told me that he had no mother
and i asked jimin if he was single and he said yeah and called me doctor instead of taehyung and left
I MESS UP EVERY TIMEEEEEEE WHYYYY

jungkook
maybe ur overthinking it

taehyung
and he goes to therapy and his son mentioned it in front of us two
man
will i ever find a bf!??! haha

jungkook
when the time is right

taehyung
u say that every time

jungkook
that's because i believe it to be true

taehyung
UGHH LOVEBIRDS I HATE THEM ALL

"you look beautiful" namjoon smiled as he picked jungkook up to go to the nature reserve, "you as well"

namjoon placed a hand on the steering wheel and held jungkook's hand with the other one. his boyfriend looked absolutely gorgeous with a black pair of ripped jeans and a green sweatshirt.

he looked so comfy. he didn't know how else to describe it. he felt about a million things when he looked at jungkook and about a million different ones when he held his hand.

"i made a sandwich so delicious today, i almost cried" jungkook spoke, "a sandwich?" namjoon carefully questioned, "mhm. i'm a great sandwich maker. i'll make you one soon"

"i don't like ham" namjoon said, "i used chicken" jungkook reassured, "i prefer burgers, but yuna really likes sandwiches"

"with ham?" he asked, namjoon nodded, "she likes all types of sandwiches" he spoke, "except that one time she had a tuna sandwich and threw up. maybe not tuna"

jungkook laughed at that, "i'm not a huge tuna fan either. i prefer chicken and beef" he spoke, namjoon hummed, "red meat is good. i really like steak. i'll take you some day to a really nice steak house"

the boy blushed, "that'll be nice" he smiled and leaned closer to the boy. there was a silence that wasn't long nor suffocating.

"this is beautiful" he smiled seeing all the beautiful tall trees surrounding them, "it is. just like you" he tessed the younger one as they held hands. their hands swung back and forth as they walked a path filled with flowers and green grass.

jungkook laughed at that and leaned against namjoon, "you're so cheesy all the time" he chuckled and continued to swing his arm with the older boy's.

the sun began setting as they walked more and more. it was nice to walk in a place other than a hospital where it didn't smell like disinfectants all the time. it was pleasing to get some fresh air for once.

"the sunset is beautiful" jungkook said with a smile, namjoon nodded and removed his arm from his waist.

he got on one knee, "jungkook, will you marry me?"

the smile on jungkook's face slowly faded, "joon.. we've been dating for two months" he mumbled as his vision clouded with tears because of the overwhelming question.

"please, jungkook-ah" namjoon begged, "how can i say yes? you don't even know anything about me" his voice shook, "we have time for that. i need to get married to get custody of yuna. it'll really help the case—"

"are you saying you've only been into me because i can help your case?" the man frowned, "no! i actually do really love you! jungkook, please" he sighed in despair, "can i think about it? i want to help your case and stuff.. but marrying you? you're a great guy.. but it's too early" he tried his best not to cry.

namjoon nodded, understanding, but still feelinf his heart break.

"just help me out this once, jungkook. you won't regret it" he tried convincing him, "i want to help you, i just don't know if marrying you is how i should. just give me some time" he sadly mumbled.

jungkook went to taehyung's apartment immediately after the awkward ride home.

taehyung watched jungkook rant about the situation as tears ran down his own cheeks. yes, he cared about jungkook, but he was hyperfocused on the interactions he had with jimin, so it was hard to focus.

"i-i don't know w-what to do" jungkook mumbled with his knees to his chest, "marry him? think about the tax benefits" taehyung shrugged, earning an eye roll from the boy.

"you don't get it"

"you're right! i don't! i don't have guys who buy me lunch or take me on sweet nature dates! i don't get proposed within two months of a relationship! fuck it, i don't even get the chance to have a relationship!" taehyung sniffled as tears flowed down his cheeks.

maybe, just maybe, taehyung was projecting hus insecurities, but he couldn't help it. the boy has had his heart crushed about two million times and it hurt equally as bad every time. it didn't matter how many times it had happened, it hurt.

"so i should say yes just because you don't have the opportunity? taehyung, trust me. you'll find the right one when the time comes"

taehyung sighed, "nothing's wrong with namjoon. you'll work it out" he said, "tae, i don't think i want to marry someone i barely know"

"hundreds of people get arranged marriages and their marriages are successful. how is this any different?" taehyung asked, "i came here to get an honest opinion and you're not helping me"

the slightly older one took a deep breath before he began speaking, "if you feel that it is in both of your best interest to get married, then agree to the marriage. if you feel that this is a marriage that won't last long, then say no. another choice would be to simply tell him you need more time to make a decision. after all, you've only known him for a couple of months" he said, which made jungkook smile a bit.

"there's the wise taehyung i know" he said. the boy sighed and placed his hands in between his thighs as tears threatened to form.

he just didn't understand how he managed to mess things up every time. perhaps, he was destined to be alone forever. maybe the reason he went into pediatrics is because he'll never be able to have children of his own with a partner.

at the end of the day, it didn't matter. he had himself. what more could he ask for?

stay safe and healthy! drink water and eat some food! sorry for any mistakes, i love you all! qotd: should jungkook say yes or no?? did namjoon make a mistake by proposing way too early in the relationship??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 4.9K 88
tw: smoking, college pregnancy, depression, body image issues, financial problems yoongi is left pregnant as a college student which leads to his cig...
1.7K 69 10
Madison Hera Perez is a family oriented person. she will do everything for her family. as lucky as she is in his family, she is unlucky in love. Will...
453K 11.6K 171
πšˆπ™Ύπ™Ύπ™½π™Άπ™Έ 𝙰𝙽𝙳 π™·π™Ύπš‚π™΄π™Ύπ™Ί 𝙾𝙽𝙴 πš‚π™·π™Ύπšƒπš‚ -πš‚π™Όπš„πšƒ -π™΅π™»πš„π™΅π™΅ -π™±π™Ύπšƒπšƒπ™Ύπ™Ό πšˆπ™Ύπ™Ύπ™½π™Άπ™Έ -πšƒπ™Ύπ™Ώ π™·π™Ύπš‚π™΄π™Ύπ™Ί
388K 16.7K 40
In which cat hybrid Jimin gets all the love from his new owner Yoongi who is just as curious about his new kitten as he is him. Does Yoongi even kno...