Maybe We were Meant (Book 4 o...

By JH_Whitfield

Carter was just asked to be apart of a polygamous marriage. After suffering a heartbreak from one of the men... More

Characters
Equally Good
Plays Games
All Gone
Sampler
We a Joke
Loveeeee Song
Teddy
Falling
Happy Valentines
Boss B*itch
Dreaming
Can't Do it
Always Win
New Character ?
Sis
Big Leap
Please
Safe
Be here
Restore
He's Home
Hero
Just Fun
Tempted to Cancel
Control
Mine Again
Can't Drive
Back to me
Again
Kindered Spirits
Easy
Epic
Tonight Only
Mr. Carter Matters
Catch it
Double Eveything

Surprisingly Sweet

498 31 22
By JH_Whitfield

Tyla arrives today but I have no desire of meeting her after the way...stop it, Carter. You know Chace said he didn't mean it that way. You have to get out of your head, but either way I would not show up over there until she leaves. Summer stood beside me as I assessed a prosthetic leg for a middle-aged woman. She was a surfer and lost it in a shark attack.

"I don't understand why white people won't leave the ocean alone...you don't hear bout sharks attacking us. We stay our asses close to the shore."

"Summer,"

"Sorry but you know I'm right." She took this time to study a prosthetic piece up close and personal.

"Yamah is a sweet lady. She took up surfing in her late twenties, after her husband fell ill. It was a way to keep her mind off the fact he was dying."

"Aww, that sounds like a love story, minus fuckin Jaws trying to chew her up and spit her out."

"You need to expand your vocabulary...every other word is a cuss word."

"You more bitchie than usual, fighting with your men?" She chews loudly on her gum.

"No,"

"Liar." She folded her arms.

"You don't know me well enough to know if I'm lying."

"Well, I know you ain't drink no coffee all day but yet and still you keep pouring the old coffee down the drain and fixing more." She raises an eyebrow.

"If you focused that hard on your work you would own this place."

"I told you these niggas was gonna stress you out...I can barely keep up with one...I'd lose my mind with multiple."

I sighed. "Let's just focus on work."

"Fine,"

****************

I was cleaning up my office, about to head out but there was a gentle knock on my door. "Summer go awa.." I looked up to see Chace, with two dozen long stem roses."

"Hey beautiful,"

I stood up and he came walking to me. He handed me the flowers and lifted my chin to kiss me. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm wherever you want me tonight." He showed me his bag.

"What about Tyla?"

"She's not coming till later tomorrow...I'm all yours."

"I was about to get some food and head home,"

"If you cool with it, imma stay with you tonight." He took a seat in the chair, and I was standing over him.

I put the flowers on the table. "I guess I just need some clarification on my part in this."

"Let's get food, go back to your place and settle in."

He reached out his hands for me to help him up, but he pulled me on top of him. "We gon get this thing right and we gonna keep trying until we do...aaight?"

"Okay,"

I was telling Chace to pick out as much fruit as possible because I loved putting it in my water. He was busy analyzing the fruit and I found his seriousness hilarious. We decided on shredded beef tacos with Mexican street corn and Spanish rice for dinner.

"Get the flour tortillas, I can't do the corn ones."

"You crazy, the corn ones be hittin." He was a lil too excited.

"They fall apart, I don't have time for that."

"Carter," I hear my name and turn to see Aiden.

"Hello Aiden." I looked over at Chace who was completely ignoring us.

"How are you?"

"Good and you?"

"I'm okay."

Chace was not paying attention. Or didn't care.

"Aiden you remember Chace, and Chace you remember Aiden."

They shook hands. "Sup man," Chace said.

"Just surviving."

"I hear that," Chace returned his attention to looking over the tortillas. He then put his arm on my waist and pulled me closer.

Aiden smirked. "So, you said yes?"

I just nodded. I could tell by his face he was displeased.

"You look happy. Guess it's all working out.

"Guess so," Chace finally said something. "It seems like you were in a hurry Doc, don't let us hold you up."

"Yeah," he walked off.

"I tried to let y'all say hello, but he was being a lil too funny."

***************

I wanted to eat at my little low table and sit down on pillows in the living room. We sat across from each other. "You really can't beat me on connect four." It was my go as he ate his tacos.

"You are too competitive," I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, and that's exactly they roll when I'm deep in there." He did thrusting motions against the table.

I laughed. "Shut the hell up."

He dropped in his last piece and won. He jumped up with his hands in the air, running through my condo.

We cleaned up everything, took showers and curled up in the bed. "You know...you are surprisingly sweet."

"I don't know why that's surprising."

"I did fuck up things, but I'm not mean." His pelvis pressed up against my butt. He traced circles on my hips.

"I'm a person who needs constant reassurance and I know it can be annoying."

"I get why you like that. I was like that with Khi."

"Im sorry about your mom...we weren't close when she died but when I heard I felt terrible, she was a sweet lady."

"Preciate it...she is missed every day." I felt his hand shaking, so I took it in mine. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Carter?"

"Yes?"

There was a long pause. "Yes?" I repeated, thinking he maybe fell asleep.

"Can you turn around so I can see your face?"

I immediately turned to face him. His face looked sad. "Chace what's the matter?"

"I haven't told Damien, but I have been getting anxiety again lately, I think I will start having anxiety attacks again."

I sit up and pull his head in my lap. "What's going on?"

"Losing my mom took so much from me, becoming a parent, marriage. I just wish I could call her and hear some advice...or just hear her voice." I notice his voice is cracking. "I don't want Damien to worry or even you, but I have to get it out."

"Please, I'm right here with you. I never know what to tell a person grieving but I can promise you we are here for you. We are here to listen to comfort and to care for you." He hugged my thighs, and I felt his tears on my legs.

"I have been dreaming about her more than usual..."

"Maybe she's trying to tell you she's okay." I played with his locs. "and she wants you to be...I want you to be."

"I wanna be because Camden, Damien and now you. My lil family needs me at my best."

"I'm considered family?" I was chewing hard.

He kissed my thigh. "Yea,"

"Can't believe I'm saying this."

"What?" He turned on his back, so now he was looking up at me.

"You are so handsome."

He bit his lip. "You tryna hunch?"

"Hunch...you are so childish." I cover my face.

"Naw, we just talking tonight because we have to find a way for you to feel more than like a lil plaything and I love playing with that thing, but I also like just doing this. Having dinner together, playing games together and talking."

"I'm all in."

***********************
Summer 😂

Chace and Carters time together?
Their conversation?

It was nice for them to just talk and no sex☺️

Like and comment

Thank you all for reading 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 29.5K 103
James falls for a guy. Then another! He's torn between sweet Oliver and tragic Victor. He can't pick between them, but maybe he doesn't have to. His...
404K 14.8K 38
What's the best way to torture yourself? Being around the person you're attracted to when you know that you don't even stand a teeny tiny chance with...
2.6K 99 6
Dylan and his little sister, Layla, recently had to move to a new house due to their Dad's new job, which means a new school which means new friends...
627K 18.5K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...