Opposites attract

De talesby_vk

He works to live. She lives to work. He laughs to show his emotion. She laughs to hide her emotions. He hates... Mais

Character
Chapter 1(Ashika)
Chapter 2(Neil)
CHAPTER 3(ASHIKA)
Chapter 4(Neil)
Chapter 5(Ashika)
Chapter 6(Neil)
Chapter 7(Ashika)
Chapter 8(Neil)
Chapter 9(Ashika)
Chapter 10(Neil)
Chapter 12(Neil)
Chapter 13(Ashika)
Chapter 14(Neil)
Chapter 15(Ashika)
Chapter 16(Neil)
Chapter 17(Ashika)
Chapter 18(Neil)
Chapter 19(Ashika)
Chapter 20(Neil)
Chapter 21(Ashika)
Chapter 22(Neil)
Chapter 23(Ashika)
Chapter 24(Neil)
Chapter 25(Ashika)
Epilogue (Neil)
Epilogue (Ashika)
Epilogue (Neil)
FINAL EPILOGUE

Chapter 11(Ashika)

80 14 3
De talesby_vk

I found this cute dress of Yakshi this morning on the hook behind her bathroom door. It smelled clean so I decided wear his instead of Neil's clothes. That's when I get a call from my neighbour, Sidhi informing that there was a short circuit in our building last night because of the rain. The damage is supposedly brutal and the electricity will not be available for at least 48 hrs. This means that either I have to live my life without electricity for the next 48hrs or find a place to crash for 2 days.

 So yes, the only day of the week that I get to relax a bit is ruined. What worse can happen? Oh yes it can. It's like universe is trying to prove me that my life and day can be worse, because as I am standing in the kitchen making myself a lousy sandwich for the breakfast and thinking about what to do for the next 2 days. Neil walks in on me and starts staring at my back. I can feel his presence before I see him. His gaze is ripping a hole in my back. My first reaction is to turn around and ask him to stop behaving like a pervert. But then I get glimpses from last night and how he helped me.

He doesn't deserve my rudeness. So I plaster the fakest smile possible and turn around to face him.

My smile falls immediately. He is wearing nothing but a pair of cargo shorts. The last time I saw him shirtless, he at least had an apron hanging on the chest but right now I am looking at a 30 or so man who has an amazing body without a single piece of clothing on his upper body. His shorts are hanging so low on his waist that I wouldn't be surprised if they fell off any moment now.

"Good morning", I somehow manage to get the words out of my mouth.

"Hey, good morning", okay enough I have looked at him for 20 seconds straight and that not rude at all, so I turn back to my sandwich, desperate for anything to look at except for his perfectly crafted body.

How many hours does this person I spend in the gym. A lot I know since he has got a job or anything.

He walks towards me and stands just a couple inches away. He is so close to me I can actually feel his breath. I am getting goosebumps. I don't like how my body is reacting this closeness. There are millions. No billions of butterflies in pit the pit of my stomach right now. I pick up my sandwich from the kitchen slap and try to step away without banging into him but he holds my arm by the elbow to keep me from moving.

I give him the side eye look as my heart does cartwheels. Act normal, please Ashu act normal. He can't know about this new profound vulnerability of yours.

"Did I do something to piss you off?", he asks. That catches me off guard. I expected him to pass some snarky ass comment about me checking him out.

"No, why would you think that?"

"Nothing, it's just the way you are looking at me. Like I have ruined your day......your life."

"My day is already ruined, and just to be clear it's not because of you."

He realizes my elbow and leans against the counter crossing his hands over his chest. I am free to go but I don't move.

"What happened?", I want to tell him about everything that went since this morning. But I can't, he is not my friend who I share my problems with. Hell he is not even a well-wisher. He is just my best friend's annoying brother.

"Nothing that concerns you."

"Common not again, see last night you shared your problem with me and felt better, why not do the same today?", he is right but I can't let my guards down again.

"Last night was a moment of weakness, never going to happen again." I don't want to be rude but he has left me no other option. "Moreover, if you want people to open up to you maybe you should open up to them as well.

"With that comment I declare myself the winner of this battle and walk towards the exit of the kitchen. But the next few words that come out of his mouth stick me into place.

"I can't move on from Dipti." 

 Dipti was Neil's one and only serious girlfriend. He was a total flirt in college and went to a lot dates with a lot of girls but he never actually dated any of them until Dipti.

He met Dipti back when we were actually friends so I know all and everything about their history. They met in some workshop, Neil attended during his masters, were friends for around a year and dated for 7 years. They even survived long distance relationship. But after Neil quit his job, Dipti's parents wanted to her to marry someone successful and serious. Dipti fought her parents for nearly two years but eventually gave up got married to some graphic designer

.But that was 3 years ago, what does he mean, he hasn't moved on. Yes, I know he had a hard time at the beginning. He was always cringy, had mood swings and looked sleepless 24/7. Hell, he didn't even step out of his room for more than a week. After about a month, things started to get better. He started acting normal and talking to everyone. We all thought he was moving on. Thus is the first time in 3 years that he has mentioned her name.

"What do you mean, you haven't moved on. It's been 3 years." My voice is all squeaky because I don't know what to do with this piece of information. I am sure nobody knows about this, not Yakshita, no her parents and not even Dipti.

"Just because I don't talk about her doesn't mean I have moved on. I loved her. In fact I still do."

"I know you did, but...." I don't know what to say. I have no idea if I should push him for more or just comfort him or maybe I should leave him alone and go. Why is he even telling this to me. "Why are you even telling this to me."

"Because you just asked to open up......and this is my one and only secret."

"Okay. I get it." I turn around to leave the kitchen but his next words work like glue and I am stuck on the tiles. He has lost it. He has lost his mind for sure. I don't know what to do. I am feeling angry and pathetic at the same time. We are sitting on the living room couch with my untouched plate of sandwich in front of me. I want to eat it. I am really hungry. But I can't find the courage and strength to pick up the damn sandwich and bring it to my mouth.

I want to shout at him. I want to hit him. I want to kill him for god's sake. But he is looking at me with such hopeful eyes that I can pull out only one reaction.

"Did you hit your head last night? Should I take you to the hospital?"

"No, why would you say that?"

"I don't know, maybe because you just told me that you want to date me."

"Fake date", he put extra emphasis on the word fake, but it doesn't make any difference in my mind.

"You keep saying as it is something that really exists."

"It does, there are movies made with the concept."

"For once can you try to leave in real world. Movies are fake and so fake dating cam make sense there. but we leave in the real world and there is only one type of dating in here."

"You are not getting this-."

"I don't want to", I cut him off.

I can't believe he actually wants to do this. He explained me everything how wasn't over Dipti so couldn't date or marry anyone. He said his farther is forcing him to get married now that Yakshi will be married soon. He wanted to convince his family that he was into dating seriously, the same solution he offered me last night.

And then he dropped the final and actual bomb. He said that because both of us were facing the same problem, we could be a solution to each other, by acting as a couple I front of our family and friends. In other words fake dating. He even gave me reference of some Lara Jean and Peter Kaminsky. I seriously have no idea who they are.

I made my self-clear about not wanting to date him fake or real doesn't matter. I can't do this. No matter how many problems this would solve, I just can't do this. Maybe if fake dating is the solution I will just fake date someone else. I didn't say that to him, obviously. I rise from the couch and walk towards Yakshi's room. I pack my clothes from yesterday into the work bag I brought with me. I will just go home, pack some essentials and crash into some hotel from the next 2 days. Maybe I can stay at the Inn near my office.

I grab my bag, fling it over my shoulder and exit the room. When I reach the living room, I wave bye towards Neil and move toward the main door of the house, exactly when Neil's father opens the door and enters the house.

"Leaving so soon Ashu?" he asks me as he inspects the bag on my shoulder.

"Yes uncle, I am in a hurry"

"Is everything alright? You look tense. Did you two fights again?", He asks the last question to his son.

"No, it's nothing like that uncle", I beat Neil and reply first. "Actually, my place has got a short circuit because of the rain last night. So I need to pack some clothes and find a hotel where I can stay for around 2 days."

"You have disappointed me, Ashu."

"Did I say anything wrong?", I ask in confusion.

"Of course you did, how did you even think I will you stay alone at some shady hotel. You are staying here in this house until your place is fixed."

"No uncle, I can't do that. I already owe you let me sleep here last night. I can't stay longer."

"You can fight all you want but I am not letting you go."

At this point I know; I don't have an option and no one can convince him.

"Okay uncle, I will stay if you want me too."

"That's like a good girl." 

He turns towards his son. His expressions change from sweat to hard as makes the nest request to his son. "Go with her and help her pack."

I tried to argue, I really did but it was like Yakshi's father had set his mind that he wouldn't let me go alone. He said things like, "you will need someone to hold the flashlight" or "he could carry your baggage down to the car" or "if you feel hungry, Neil can grab your lunch". And with that I knew, I have no other option.

Right now we are in my car and I driving to my apartment while Neil is staring out of the window and the car is full of awkward silence. It's not we talk too much. We have had silences before but this time, the silence is awkward. Really, really awkward.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers, hope you liked this peek in Neil's past life.

Spoiler" more of such sneak peak ae coming up so stay connected.

Keep voting and supporting.

THANK YOU.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

42.7K 260 6
𝐇𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞 She's Bubbly, kind- hearted. She cares about everyone and everything. The most important person in Hensley life is her Ma, s...
62K 2.6K 60
Their lives are the complete opposite but opposites attract, right? © Copyright 2015 bieberthoughts.
209K 4.8K 23
"I know your trying to insult me, baby, but i'm taking it as a compliment." "Don't call me baby." Riley is a bubbly boy who travels through life wi...
178 23 6
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭" 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 • Starting highschool late with her two bestfriends, and a...