Us. | A Joe Jonas FanFiction...

By joemylovee

Marry Me. Joe & Addison have had a rollercoaster of a relationship. Will they make it through the next chapt... More

Introduction
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven
Addie:)
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty-six.
sixty seven.

thirty four.

131 6 1
By joemylovee

The day had arrived a lot quicker than I imagined it would. After deciding that it was time to announce, Joe and I had quickly chosen to do it only a few weeks later. Now, at 25 weeks pregnant, my heartburn is still prominent, and refuses to go anywhere. Everyone was beyond excited when we had asked them to come for a BBQ today, loving that now as a married couple, we wanted to host family gatherings that included both sides of the family. Sure, they had met each other and got along well, but they hadn't really spent much time together aside from the wedding.

"Alright," Joe sighs, walking into the kitchen from the backyard. "The bounce house for the kids is all setup, the guys just left. The pools are ready, grill is ready. Now, the only thing to do is have people show up, have a party, and announce our little girl."

I smile, laughing lightly. "I still can't believe you got a bounce house for the kids. We have a pool."

He grins, shrugging. "Yeah, but what if they wanna play outside of the pool? I also got some little games set out in the yard for them too. I almost bought swing set, you're lucky I didn't."

I roll my eyes. "Knowing you, I would've complained, and you would've used our daughter as an excuse because she's going to want to play on it when she gets a little older."

He chuckles, kissing my head. "Yes, though thinking about it, I decided it wasn't a good idea because then everyone would be suspicious when they got here."

I nod. "That is very true."

The doorbell rings, catching both of our attention quickly.

"I wonder who's here already," he says.

"I need to go put on my big sweatshirt," I gasp, making my way up the stairs quickly and throwing it on, only to hear a few voices when I return. My parents.

"Whoa! A bounce house!" Aria exclaims.

"A bounce house?!" Autumn's voice soon responds, her body flying past me and to the back door to look with her sister.

"I guess I'm chopped liver compared to a bounce house, huh?"

"Addie!" They both yell, running over and hugging me.

I'm careful to hide my stomach the best I can, grateful it's not big enough that either of them will say anything about how I'm fatter.

"Hey, babes."

They let go, going back to the back door and staring at the bounce house in awe.

"Hi sweetie," my mom says, giving me a smile.

"Hey Mom," I grin, hugging her followed by my dad. "How was the flight?"

"Not bad, the girls were both calm and took naps which helped," my father answers.

I grin, nodding. "Good."

Soon, Joe's family starts flooding through the doors, starting with Kevin and Danielle and the girls, leading all of us to head into the backyard so they can begin playing and running around. Next came Denise, Paul Kevin Sr., and Frankie, who always tend to travel together it seems, and lastly came Nick and Priyanka. Hope, Victoria and Stella had said they were going to try and make it, and I hope they do. But considering it's already been a while since everyone else arrived, I'm starting to lose the idea that they will.

"Look who I found," Joe says, walking outside from inside the house followed by none other than my three best friends.

"I was starting to think you guys weren't coming," I tell them, relieved as I stand and walk over, hugging each of them tightly.

"Yeah, sorry we're late. We had to go to the store and get these two bathing suits," Stella says, gesturing to the others.

I roll my eyes. "Of course, you guys forgot to pack them."

They laugh and follow me to the table I was sitting at, though as they sit I find myself going inside, trying to prep more of the food that'll be served with the grilled meat.

"Need any help, honey?" My mom's voice enters, the back door closing as she finishes her sentence.

"Uh, sure actually. Do you think you can cut up some of the onions and stuff for burger toppings?"

"Of course, I can," she smiles, grabbing a cutting board and the toppings before quickly starting to slice away.

We work in a comfortable silence, though the sounds of chatter from outside makes it's way through the cracked window along with the four girls squealing with joy in the bounce house. As much as I hate to admit it, Joe had a good idea renting that thing. The girls are having a blast in it.

"So, things with you and Joe are going okay?" She asks a few moments later.

I nod. "Yeah, things are great. We're really falling into a nice groove being married and all."

"You're happy?" She asks.

"I am," I nod, giving her a smile.

"Good," she smiles, nodding once in content.

I internally thank her for not bringing up the topic of babies, as I would feel obligated to tell her which would ruin the surprise later. Joe and I had decided to just see when an opportunity would come about to tell everyone, possibly while eating or something of the sort. We'll figure it out when we get there. For now, we'll just enjoy having the family all together for once.

Joe soon comes in and tells us the chicken, burgers and hot dogs are close to being done, leaving us to beginning setting out the food for everyone to soon make their plate. Once it's announced, everyone loads up their plates and we all sit outside, Joe and I next to each other at one table with Hope, Victoria, Stella, Nick, and Priyanka while our parents, Frankie, Kevin and Dani sit at the other table and the kids sit at their own small table giggling away while eating their food.

I can feel my anxiety rise the further the day goes on, knowing that at some point, at any moment, it could be time to tell them about the belly that's hiding underneath my sweatshirt. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, though I'm sure with so many people, so much chatter and the California weather, no one's surprised with my choice of attire.

I have to remember to play along with how everyone reacts. Be happy, refrain from showing my absolutely terrified reality. Although my daughter is wanted, her mother is terrified to be her mother and because of that, her mother is unsure of how she feels about having a child period. It's not that I don't want her. I do. But, in a way, the terror outweighs the excitement of bringing a life into the world. The world is dangerous and terrifying within itself... to bring a human into it and have to protect them from it and learn how to survive it is a lot of pressure.

"You okay?" Joe whispers, my thoughts apparently getting the best of me as I sit motionless.

I blink a few times, shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts before nodding and grinning at him. "Yeah, I'm good."

He nods, kissing my temple.

"Okay, so I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting in the pool after this. I refrained but I'm not anymore," Stella tells the other girls, laughing lightly.

"Oh I'm in, no worries," Victoria agrees.

"Me too," Hope nods. "What about you Addie, you getting in?"

I sigh. "I don't know."

"Oh come on, you have to get in the pool!" Stella says, grabbing the attention of the other table.

"I didn't say I wasn't, I just haven't decided."

"Why not?" Hope gives me a look. "What would stop you?"

"The need to relax," I tell her dramatically, getting a laugh from both tables.

"Okay, then just sit on the steps or float around," Stella offers.

"That's not a bad idea," Joe says, giving me a look.

This is it; this is the opportunity.

"Well, I mean I guess I could do that," I nod.

"Yeah, see," Victoria smiles, taking another bite of her food.

"As long as you guys don't my belly getting in the way," I say, shrugging.

"Wait, what?" Stella asks.

Joe grins, licking his lips.

"What did you just say?" Priyanka asks.

"Y'know," I say, glancing around. "As long as you guys don't mind my belly getting in the way."

"Shut up," Dani starts, a huge smile across her lips.

"You're joking," Stella says.

"But I'm not," I say simply, standing up and lifting my sweatshirt just enough to reveal my stomach.

Hope squeals, quickly standing and attacking me in a hug. "Shut the fuck up!"

I laugh, hugging her back.

"Is that why we're all here right now?!" Stella asks.

"I mean, we couldn't choose who to tell first, so we decided to tell all of you at once," Joe says, grinning.

Both sets of parents make their way over, hugging me and Joe, everyone congratulating us.

"Wait, how far along are you?" Kevin asks, still sitting at the other table.

"I'm about 25 weeks," I answer, putting a chip in my mouth.

"You were pregnant on tour," Nick says, giving me a look.

"Yeah, I never did that virtual doctor's visit. I wasn't sick because of travel and a lower immunity system. I was pregnant."

"Y'all are sneaky as hell," Kevin laughs.

"Why did y'all wait so long to tell everyone?" my mom asks, a grin on her face.

"Honestly," Joe sighs. "We were really enjoying just kind of reveling in it. Just having something that was just ours, focusing on keeping her and the baby healthy and yeah. There was just a sense of calm of it just being between the two of us."

"Honestly, it made the first half of pregnancy more intimate in a way, too."

Joe nods, agreeing. "Yeah, that's true too."

"Well, we're all so happy and so excited," Denise smiles.

"Do you know the gender yet?" Stella asks excitedly.

"We do," Joe nods.

"Do we get to know?" Hope asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"It's a girl," I say, everyone immediately showing their excitement.

"I cannot wait to spoil the hell out of her," Hope squeals.

"Have you guys decided on a name yet?" Stella asks.

Joe and I look at one another, him shaking his head.

"Now, that, we are going to keep to ourselves," he says.

"We haven't decided on the name yet, but we have it narrowed down to a couple of different options," I tell them, grinning.

The rest of the day goes just as anyone would expect after announcing a pregnancy, only there was a slight tang of dissatisfaction due to us waiting so long to tell them, regardless of our explanation. We didn't let it bother us, though, knowing we made the right decision for us with this pregnancy. Our first pregnancy. Honestly, if it were up to me, probably our only pregnancy. Regardless, I know we made the right decision to keep it to ourselves as long as we did... and honestly, I wonder what it would've been like now if I had taken Joe's suggestion and we didn't tell them until she was here. But it's too late for that now, they know and that's the end of it. Now, fifteen more weeks to go and we'll have a small human in the house. Whoa. 

***

another day another chapter.

lmk what you guys are feeling and thinking<3

all my love,

shan:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 1.8K 58
Sequel to 'Avalanche' They're happy and engaged but what happen's when something unexpected ultimately tests their love?
23.4K 673 37
Alena never asked to be bullied, she never asked to be miserable, and she never asked for her life to suck, but will she get pushed too far? will she...
15K 324 33
Joe and Addison are finally together... Then, Addison's life is turned upside down... again. And all Joe can do it hope they'll get through it toge...
121K 2.3K 49
I grew up with Joe, Nick and Kevin. I've always been in love with Joe, but he has never seen me as more than a friend. I know my chances with him are...