The Guardian (Kamen Rider Ex...

By mirajanewolf46

Ophelia Selene Barron is the descendant of Alita and her former vessel. She and her friends stop Miku from ta... More

Character Profiles
Prologue
Chapter 1 Crash! All Gathered
Chapter 2 Engrave the Beat in the Heart!
Chapter 3 The Deep Secret of Some Lie
Chapter 4 Men, Fly High!
New Characters
Chapter 5 Knock the Dragon Away
π™½πšŽπš πšœ
Chapter 6 The Disharmonious Doctors!
Chapter 7 Elena Grace Briar
Chapter 8 Who's The Black Kamen Rider?
Chapter 9 Ophelia's Birthday
Chapter 10 The Targeted Snowy Xmas!
Chapter 11 A Fixed Destiny
Chapter 12 We're Kamen Riders and Silver Knight!
Chapter 13 A New Challenger Appears and Dark Moon!
Chapter 14 Defeat M's Paradox
Chapter 15 The Unusual Burgster?
Chapter 16 The Revealed Truth
Chapter 17 Suddenly in a Fantasy!?
Chapter 18 Take Off into a Headwind
Chapter 19 Parallel Worlds
Chapter 20 Pursue the Mystery!
Chapter 21 The Conspired History
Chapter 22 The Max Dead or Alive!
Chapter 23 Embrace Your Ambitions and Go Together!
Chapter 24 A New Game Begins!
Chapter 25 Players Who Bet Their Lives
Chapter 26 Love & Peace to the Victor!
Chapter 28 We're Me!?
Chapter 29 Strongest Vs Strongest
Chapter 30 The Forbidden Continue!?
Chapter 31 Judgment is Passed
Chapter 32 Company Reorganization!
Chapter 33 The Rebirth!
Chapter 34 Save My Partner
Chapter 35 The Completely Invincible Gamer and Rebirth Knight!

Chapter 27 Overcoming Identity

12 0 0
By mirajanewolf46

"Poppy Pipopapo smiled and Luna looked confused?" Hiiro asked Emu once he told him and Ophelia what he saw during the Lovelica incident.

"Yes." Emu nodded his head. "When they saw Taiga-san and Nico-chan reconcile... that's why I don't think Poppy and Luna are bad..."

Hiiro hums and passes the tea to Ophelia as she smiles in thanks. "Parado said that their memory was reset. They were probably excited at how the game was going."

"Memory? Yes, but their feelings are not." Ophelia corrected Hiiro. "They may brainwash their memories but deep inside... they feel something and I don't think it has something to do with the game." She believes in Emu's theory and the possibility of bringing them back.

"Do you still know how to get Luna-san back to normal? Since she's made of machine." Emu asked her curiously. He remembered Ophelia created Luna in the first place

"My uncle is an inventor and I brought her to life." Ophelia pointed out and received a gift from his uncle of a female android. She only revives Luna through alchemy and is successful on the first try. "When Zilar and I fought her once... I've seen a glimpse of light on her neck. I will assume they plant a microchip on her neck to control."

"How are you going to extract it from her, Ophelia?" Hiiro asked curiously. They saw Luna's battle skills and it was difficult for them to extract it from her neck. None of them wouldn't be surprised if Luna knew how they fought and encountered them back.

"A reckless plan and hoping it would work out, Hiiro." Ophelia answered while the two doctors wondered what it meant. "Don't worry, I'll deal with Luna when the time comes." She assured them with a smile.

"Poppy's smile and Luna's confusion..." The genius gamer muttered and couldn't stop thinking about them. "Looked genuine to me." Their game scope blared as they detected a Bugster.

————————————————————

"I seriously need that device of yours whenever the Bugster appears." Kanade commented after Emu called her to fill in.

"You're not one of us but I'm sure Kyoutarou-sensei can provide one for you, Kanade-san." Emu assured the red-haired woman and felt bad for her. Kanade was in the middle of a music recording and he called her in emergency as they found Parado's location.

"Parado!" Emu called his name before Parado could end someone's life.

Parado turned around and faced them. "I've been waiting for you, M. Won't you play with me?"

"Save the patient." Hiiro ordered them while they nodded their head.

"Maximum Mighty X!"

"Taddle Quest! DoReMiFa Beat!"

"Skill level 3!"

"Max Dai Henshin!"

"𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘪𝘵𝘻𝘢𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘻𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘎𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘳 𝘻𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘭~"

"𝑲𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏, 𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓!"

"Gashatto!"

"Maximum Gashatto!"

"Gacchaan! Level up!"

"Gacchaan! Level Max!"

"Taddle Quest! I gotcha, Do Re Mi Fa BEAT!"

"Maximum Power X!"

The four are with Parado and Emu grabs his fists to twist it. They notice Emu can deal with the male Bugster.

"Emu, we leave everything to you. The rest of us can save the player." Ophelia ordered them.

"Okay!" Emu agreed while gripping Parado's hand.

"Ow!" Parado whimpered in pain.

The three approached the Rider player as they flinched and crawled back. "What? What? What!?" It's the sound of a man's voice in panic.

Hiiro and Ophelia grabbed his arms to pull. "This game is dangerous! Cancel your transformation right now!" The genius surgeon ordered him.

"He's right, you're going to hurt yourself if you keep doing it." Ophelia commented while the Rider shoved their arms.

"Leave me alone!" He snapped at them.

"There's a reason why we're stopping you from—" An alarm sound cut off Kanade's voice. She clicks her tongue in annoyance as they break the rule of helping the player. "Tch, they're completely crazy."

"Hi! Poppy Pipopapo and Luna will navigate you through the game!" Poppy and Luna appeared out of nowhere.

"Poppy! Luna-san!" Emu cried out their names after pushing Parado away. He dodges from the surprise attack of Parado.

"It's against the rules to help a player!" Poppy exclaimed and identified three people who violated the rules. She activated her Gashat.

"Tokimeki Crisis!"

"You'll have to have the consequences." Luna declared as her body glowed.

"Henshin!"

"Gashatto! Buggle up! Dreaming Girl, love simulation! Girls are always in a heartbeat crisis!"

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒂𝒕-𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒔." Luna chants and transforms into her combat mode.

"Gacchoon! Gacchaan!"

"As a popapipupenalty, you will be expelled." Poppy pointed out and readied her weapon.

"Breaking the rules is unacceptable and prepare to face your punishment, rule breakers." Luna announced and summoned her sword.

"Get behind me!" Ophelia yelled and created a barrier to protect them from the attack

𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝑨𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒔

Ophelia gasps at Luna's closeness and slices the forcefield as it shatters. "Target lock." Luna announced and struck everyone in one slash.

Hiiro cried out in pain and reverted to normal while the two females held their stomachs in pain. "What was that?" The genius surgeon muttered and underestimated their skills.

"Poppy! Luna-san! Stop it!" Emu pleads to stop them from hurting their friends and the patients. Parado attacked him behind and crashed on the pillar.

"We're their navigator!" Poppy and Luna declared while ignoring Emu's begs to cease their fighting against them. "We're the characters that punish those who break the rules!"

The Rider player growled in annoyance at their interference against Parado. "Like I'd let myself be made fun of by game characters!" He dislikes their attitude and tone for looking down on them.

"Stop!" Hiiro yelled to stop him from attacking.

"Stop being stubborn and stay down!" Ophelia scolded the Rider player and decided to tie him down.

𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔!

The Rider was trapped on the pillar with strings around his body to stop him from fighting. "Oi, release me at once, woman!" He wriggled himself to escape from the strings.

"It's futile and you can't fight with an injury on your right knee." The former goddess scolded and clashed her sword against Luna. "Kanade, Hiiro! I leave the Rider player to you guys. I'll deal with Poppy and Luna." She strikes her sword in one slash.

𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏

Luna creates a forcefield to avoid getting hit successfully. "You're always interfering whenever a player breaks the rules, Moon Knight." She spoke coldly while Ophelia flinched at her unusual stoic look.

Kanade cuts the string seeing the Rider player has no choice but to follow Ophelia's order. The Rider player reverts to normal and reveals a soldier man. The red-haired woman blinks in surprise seeing a soldier join the Kamen Rider Chronicle. She shook her head before glaring at Luna. "Attacking a player is allowed to navigators like you and Poppy?" She retorted back angrily.

Poppy pointed to herself. "I'm DoReMiFa Beat's Bugster." She spins around happily. "So be careful, or one of us might attack the players too!"

"I'm Android and Knight. Anyone who breaks the rules shall be eliminated and face the consequences. Good luck beating us." Luna explained her role as one of the participants in the game. She couldn't express her feelings but whenever they encounter Ophelia and her allies, the female android feels strange and familiar with them. 'What is this feeling? There's this part of me... refusing to fight them. Why? Who are these humans?' The female android thoughts while masking her emotions.

"Luna and Poppy this isn't who you are!" Ophelia yelled and looked at them sadly. "Both of you are not this type to hurt us!"

"Fee-chan is right!" Emu yelled and punched Parado away.

"Don't waste your energy on them, intern and Ophelia." Hiiro stops them from convincing them to change their minds. "None of your words will change a thing."

"Yes, it does." Ophelia corrected her boyfriend while gripping her sword. "Forfeit or surrender to the person dear to me— to everyone... we can still save them."

"Fee-chan is right!" Emu nodded his head. "We can't give up on them." They believe there's still goodness within them and must be saved from their grasp.

"Hey, M!" Parado called the genius gamer while looking jealous at Poppy and Luna for catching the rival's attention to them. "Stop looking away. Fight me!" He shoved his shoulder.

"Move!" He shoved him.

Parado growled in annoyance and gathered the coin items. "Muscle up! Muscle up! Muscle up!" He attacks Emu relentlessly.

"Emu!" Kanade yelled and tried to help the genius gamer out but Hiiro gripped her elbows. "He needs—"

"You're only getting in his way and it would be best to stay here, Kanade." Hiiro cuts her off and she sighs in annoyance.

"You said before that not all Bugsters are bad!" Emu yelled and remembered Poppy's words about their kind. "Remember!"

"It's also against the rules to defy the navigator!" Poppy pointed out and refused to break the rules for their sake. She shoots him and takes the hit.

"Emu!" Ophelia cried out his name worriedly and was about to rush to his side. Luna blocked her way while she narrowed her gaze. "Luna..."

"Understand, M?" Parado asked Emu. "Stop being a busybody and fight me instead." He grabs his collar to pull Emu but he shoves the male Bugster's hand.

"Move!" Emu yelled and slashed him to cause Parado to crash the pillar.

Ophelia exhaled softly and pointed the sword on the ground as her eyes glowed bright. "Luna, I'll save you from their grasps and return to us." The sky turned dark and the rumbling of the lightning.

"What the— storm?" Kanade muttered in surprise at the sudden change of weather. "Is she going to destroy Luna by striking her with lightning?" She asked worriedly and it pain at the thought of destroying Luna with Ophelia's hand.

"I don't think she would intend to destroy her, Kanade." Hiiro answered while watching their fight. "She's going to destroy whatever it is that controls Luna." He analyzes Ophelia's plans to strike lightning on Luna to destroy the microchip on her neck and shut her down.

"Free yourself from their control!" Ophelia yelled and summoned the lightning to strike Luna.

𝑹𝒐𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

Luna created a barrier to stop it from harming her. She gritted her teeth as the lightning intensified and Luna kneeled at its powers. Ophelia yelled to extend its powers and caused the barrier to shatter and strike Luna. The female android roared in pain and noticed the glow on its neck completely shattered.

"She did it!" Kanade blurts out in happiness and Ophelia catches Luna as it reverts to her original size. She stared at Emu to see his final attack hit Poppy as the female Bugster reverted to normal in shock. "Emu too!"

Ophelia glanced down at Luna's unconscious form and then at Poppy worriedly. "I hope we manage to get through them." She whispered and stroked Luna's head.

Emu approached Poppy and looked down at her. "Poppy." He called her name in a whisper tone before kneeling to see Poppy's face. "Poppy?"

"Hm?" She looked up to face Emu. "Emu?"

"You remember!?" He asked with a hopeful look before shaking her hand. "I did it! I did it, Poppy!" Emu is relieved to bring Poppy back to her senses.

Hiiro's eyes widened in shock. "You reprogrammed her?" He whispered with a disbelief look on his face.

"Didn't he do the same thing with Kuroto before?" Kanade asked curiously.

"Dan is a human, not a Bugster, Kanade." Ophelia corrected the red-haired woman.

"Fee-chan is right." Emu stood up and pulled Poppy. "I thought that if I rewrote Poppy's evil genes... she'd return to normal. I couldn't do it to Luna because Fee-chan is the only person who can save her. How's Luna?" He asked and gazed at Luna worriedly.

"She needs to reboot her system since I destroyed the microchip." The former goddess answered with a soft smile. "Only time will tell if she can remember us or not."

"Return to..." Poppy whispered and looked at her reflection through the mirror. "...normal?"

Parado deactivates his Kamen Rider form and isn't impressed with how they defeat Poppy and Luna without destroying them. "Stop being so boring, M and Moon." He whined and they looked at him. "Kamen Rider Chronicle is a game where humans, androids and Bugsters fight one another with their lives at stake."

"Have you been hearing yourself, Parado?" Ophelia whispered in shock at his goal to fight against them with their lives at stake. "I don't even know what we did wrong to hate us but— you don't have the right to drag innocent Bugsters, androids or humans to fight for your selfish desires!"

Emu nodded his head. "Poppy and Luna aren't someone who hurt a player." He pointed out calmly. "Poppy is a kind, always-smiling character... who enjoys music... together with the player!"

Kanade narrowed her eyes at Parado with a thoughtful look. "Parado... am I the only one who thinks that this guy is obsessed with fighting Emu or what?" She asked Hiiro and Ophelia in a hushed tone.

"Now that I think about it... Parado would go ballistic whenever Kuroto or one of the Bugsters nearly kills him." Ophelia answered glancing at Hiiro while he nodded his head.

"Luna-san... behind her ill-tempered— she's a loyal, caring and helpful android. She's a selfless android who would do anything to protect us, especially Fee-chan!" Emu voiced out his opinions about Poppy and Luna's goodness.

"Emu..." Poppy called his name.

Emu turned around to face Poppy. "Let's go back to CR. Poppy..." He raised his hand. "You're our friend and Luna too."

Parado scowled in anger and shoved Emu. "No!" He denied it and looked at Poppy. "She's one of us Bugsters and Luna is an android."

Emu pushed him angrily. "Stop screwing around! Poppy and Luna are our friends." He grips his collar tightly in anger.

"Who cares about that?" He retorted back angrily. Parado refused to believe humans could get along with Bugsters and Androids. He grips Emu's shoulder in anger. "Fight me more seriously! There's no point in anything except playing with you or Moon!"

Ophelia narrowed her eyes. "I'm not a gamer like Emu... why is he so eager to fight him?" She whispered and passed Luna to Hiiro while he accepted her without breaking his gaze at them. The former goddess is going to intervene in case it escalates violence.

"Lives are at stake!" Emu yelled and pushed his hands. "Fee-chan and I don't have the time to play with you."

He's fuming in anger and walks away while dragging Poppy. "We're going home."

"Poppy!" Ophelia and Emu yelled as they disappeared.

"Darn it, we lost her." Kanade clicks her tongue in anger before punching the pillar.

They manage to save Luna from their grasp but fail to save Poppy.

————————————————————

Luna opened her eyes slowly and the first gaze she saw was a white ceiling. The last thing she remembered was being struck by Ophelia's lightning which destroyed the microchip on her neck. The female android was free from their control and hated how she acted irrationally to hurt innocent people, her friends and her creator.

"Luna?" She turned around and met Ophelia's soft yet worried look on her face. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm free from manipulating my actions and words, Ophelia-sama." She answered truthfully and sat up to face her. "I apologize for how I mistreat you and everyone—"

"Hey, don't stress yourself out, Luna." Ophelia assured her with a smile. "You and Poppy weren't at fault here. If anything it should be—"

"Where's Poppy?" Luna asked her worriedly and didn't sense Poppy's presence inside the building.

Ophelia shook her head sadly. "Parado took Poppy after Emu reprogrammed her. We will save her don't worry."

Luna smiles softly. "Thank you, Ophelia-sama." She thanked her creator for vowing to save Poppy without destroying her.

Luna's perspective towards humans and Bugsters has changed ever since joining them. She used to hate humans except for Ophelia and her adopted family. Ophelia's birth parents abandoned her due to being a woman instead of a man. The female android refuses to make friends with them until she learns not all humans and Bugsters are horrible type. It takes time to get to know them first before judging them.

————————————————————

Emu received a message from Kanade to meet up on the bridge tonight. The red-haired woman wanted to see him after his work shift ended. 'I wonder what she needs to talk about?' He asks and smiles to see the red-haired waved at him.

"Yo, Emu!" Kanade greeted the genius gamer with a warm smile.

"Ah, Kanade-san." Emu called her name softly. "Can I ask why you wanted to see me?" He asked curiously.

"I just want you to have some fresh air with me after what happened today." She answered truthfully while gazing at the beautiful city lights as they glow at night. "We need it, especially that uptight Hiiro still thinks it's stupid to save Poppy— what a narrow-minded guy he is." Her red eyes glanced in his direction.

Emu coughs to cover his laugh. It's only Kanade who is brave enough to insult and rile Hiiro. "Thanks, Kanade." He thanked her for cheering him up. His childhood friend never wavered her belief to save Poppy while Hiiro and the others think otherwise.

"Ophelia, Luna and I still believe we can save Poppy no matter what the people say otherwise." Kanade reassured him with a smile. "Not all Bugsters or androids are evil— or intended to kill humans for their existence. I sympathize with them because they didn't ask to hurt them in exchange for their existence. All they ever wanted... was to live with us and get along."

His eyes widened in shock at Kanade's opinion about them. 'It's not only Fee-chan and I can understand them but Kanade-san too.' Emu thought with a relieved look. "I'm glad your perspective towards Poppy never changed."

"Poppy is my friend and I'll be damned if they thought destroying her would make any difference." She assured him. "I wouldn't be surprised if Ophelia would fight Hiiro if he wants to destroy her."

"Hiiro-san didn't want to fight or hurt her, Kanade-san." He reminded her with a pointed look. It's difficult for Hiiro to go against Ophelia if he or the others plan to take Poppy out. The genius surgeon should know Ophelia won't back down without a fight for what is right or wrong.

"I know and Hiiro should know since he's dating the descendant of Alita." She smirked in amusement. "If Hiiro didn't know about Ophelia very well like we do— he'll learn the hard way from her."

————————————————————

"Hiiro, thank you for lending me your clothes but... it's too big for me." Hiiro looked up to see Ophelia wearing his pajamas clothes but coughed to mask his laugh. His clothes looked too big for her to have because he refused to let her leave this late.

Hiiro invited Ophelia to have dinner in his apartment since they finished their working shift together. The former goddess accepted his invitation as they rarely have a date due to their job.

"It's getting late and dangerous for you to travel alone." Hiiro pointed out that his car is out of maintenance at the moment.

He couldn't stand the thought of her traveling late at night because there was a possibility that Parado might fight Ophelia unexpectedly or the Bugsters. The genius surgeon knew Ophelia could handle herself but sometimes acted impulsively like Emu. He planned to let her stay for one night and leave the apartment tomorrow morning before going to work.

"That or... you're worried Poppy might attack me out of the blue?" Ophelia asked while Hiiro frowned and looked away. "Hiiro, Poppy is back and I can feel it after Emu reprogrammed her."

"Do you still trust her after everything she'd done?" He asked while Ophelia looked at him with an unreadable look. "She's a Bugster and bound to defeat us all."

"Poppy is different and the same thing as Bugermon before he sacrificed his life to protect his father figure." Ophelia defended the Bugsters. She believes some Bugsters are born to be good and refuse to hurt anyone unless they protect someone they care about. She never blames Poppy for hurting them because Parado brainwashed the female Bugster. "Not all Bugsters are born to be evil. I know they were born from the human virus which caused them to exist. You have to understand some of them didn't ask for it to happen and hurt innocent people."

"You, Kanade and the intern are either narrow-minded or stupid." Hiiro sighed and was futile in changing her mind. It's one of the characteristics he loves about her and he is annoyed.

Ophelia wanted to speak something if he or the others dared to hurt Poppy. She bit her lip and let their actions speak louder than words if the time came. The former goddess yawned softly. "We have a long day ahead and I'm sleeping on the couch. Good night." The former goddess took the blanket before Hiiro snatched it away from her. "Hiiro?"

He shook his head. "You take the bed. I'll sleep on the couch tonight." Hiiro dislikes the idea of her sleeping on the couch while he's sleeping in his bed.

"Hiiro, it's fine. I feel comfortable everywhere I sleep and this is your place." Ophelia denied his requests to take the bed. "The couch is big and I would fit in."

Hiiro stood up and carried Ophelia in his arms off guard. She squeaked in shock and looked at him. "You're stubborn and I insist."

"Hiiro!" Ophelia yelps as Hiiro drops her on the bed. The former goddess grabs his wrists to bring him with her. She wrapped her arms around his waist to pull him close without letting him go. "I can't stand the thought of you sleeping on the couch knowing it's too small for you. I love you and good night."

Hiiro sighed softly and tried to unwrap himself but Ophelia refused to let him go. "Ophelia let go of—" He heard a soft snore from Ophelia. Moving the strand of her hair to see Ophelia fall asleep fast but the grip on his waist was still firm and she refused to let go. 'For someone small— you're strong, Ophelia.' The genius surgeon thought in amusement and kissed her on the forehead. "Sleep well, my Moon. I love you too."

————————————————————

"Take this!"

𝑷𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔

Glowing petals scattered everywhere to push Hiiro, Taiga and Nico away from Nico. Poppy was shocked at the sudden attack and her eyes widened to see someone stand in front.

"We apologize for our delay, Poppy." They apologize for their tardiness and save Poppy in time before they can end her.

"Ophie-chan... Lu-chan." Poppy whispered their name while she sniffed. 'Why? Why did you stop them?' She thought at their sudden act of kindness.

"Lay a hand on her one more time..." Luna's eyes glowed in fury for hurting her friend. "I'll show you no mercy foe or enemies." She warned them while gripping her sword tight.

Ophelia stared at them stoically because she knew it would happen after Emu reprogrammed Poppy. "There will be consequences if anyone harms to hurt her. I, no— we will fight to defend her. Four against one? She's outnumbered and didn't fight yet you guys continue to attack. Can't you see? Poppy didn't fight because she didn't want to harm us."

"You know what they say? Defeating them through fists or power could solve everything, Ophelia." Kanade joined them with her Gungnir Symphogear. "She's right. Poppy didn't fight to defend us but to escape without hurting anyone."

"Kanade-chan..." The female Bugster cried silently in shock to see three females defending her.

"Move." Taiga ordered them coldly. He needed to destroy Poppy so they could save the patient's life but no one moved back. "This is so we can beat Kamen Rider Chronicle." He reminded them.

"We'll defeat her! Beat it!" Nico glares at them angrily for intervening.

"You think destroying is the answer if it means to stop the Kamen Rider Chronicle?" Ophelia asked Taiga in a stern voice. "Violence is not always the answer to give Bugster a second chance to prove their worth and loyalty! Do you want her? You'll have to get through us first!" She raised her arms to protect Poppy.

"How many times do I need to repeat myself, Ophelia?" Hiiro asked his girlfriend and grabbed her arm to pull her close. "This is for curing the patients!" He reminded her.

"Shut up!" Emu intervened between him and Ophelia.

"Curing for patients?" Poppy asked softly while watching their argument.

"Is there any other way!?" Hiiro asked Emu and Ophelia while pointing his sword at them.

"There—" Ophelia was cut off by Poppy.

"Just... do it." She said in a soft voice as everyone stopped arguing. Emu and Ophelia looked at her. "After all... my birth resulted in someone's death." The female Bugster whimpered and remembered the human's past when she existed in this world.

Emu kneeled and shook her shoulder. "But... you've always worked with us to save lives!" He reminded her of the times she helped them to save the patient.

"Humans hate us Bugsters!" Poppy yelled as some humans hated their existence because they took it away from their loved ones.

"You're different!"

"Bugsters are the enemy of humans!" Poppy cried out in anger and shoved Emu away. She cried out in pain and was destined to be destroyed by their hands.

"Is that so?" Luna asked coldly before Emu could say a word. Glancing in his direction to let her do it, he nodded. She kneels right next to the genius gamer. "Then... fight me."

"Lu-chan?" She whispered while looking at her with tears falling.

"I'm an android and served to protect my human creator. I'm nothing but a sword and shield to protect humans." Luna explained with a blank look on her face. "To beat the humans— you need to kill me first before harming them."

"Luna..." Kanade whispered at her name with a surprised look. She couldn't imagine Luna would say these words to Poppy for her own opinion without seeking advice.

"Isn't what Bugster wishes to rule the world?" Luna asked while staring at Poppy. "I can always switch sides through reprogramming because I'm a mere mindless robot." She snatched the Bugster drive from Poppy's waist and placed it on her hand before pointing at her chest. "End my life, Poppy Pipopapo." Everyone looked surprised. "Do it, Poppy."

Poppy shook her head and refused to destroy Luna with her bare hands. Luna is one of her closest friends and the thought of ending her life— makes her shake in fear. "No... I don't want to fight!" She throws her Bugster driver from the river and steps back away from them. "I don't want to make anyone sad. I don't want to hurt anyone! I want... to play Doremifa Beat happily with everyone!"

"Poppy." Ophelia hugs Poppy behind and she gasps in shock at her warm gestures. "You don't have to be sad."

"Ophie-chan?" She turned around to face her, Emu and Luna.

"We can play with everyone." Emu assured Poppy as he reverts to normal.

"I'm not an expert game like Emu but—" Ophelia smiles softly. "I don't mind playing with my friends because it's fun."

Poppy cried softly and nodded her head. "Yeah..." She wraps her hands around Ophelia's waist.

"There, there." The former goddess comforted her and reverted to normal.

"Game Clear!"

It was declared after Poppy forfeited the game when they managed to get her back to their side. Parado wasn't pleased with the result and walked away from them. 'I'll take something precious from you, Moon.' The male Bugster vowed.

————————————————————

"Thank you. Emu, Ophie-chan, Kanade-chan and Lu-chan~!" Poppy thanked them for not giving up on her. She brings everyone a group hug of her savior.

"Ah, personal space!" Luna snapped at the female Bugster while trying to pry her hands off her. "Let go!" She yelled in annoyance.

"Thank goodness!" Emu is relieved at their success thanks to Luna.

"How did the game get cleared, anyway?" Nico asked curiously.

"Because they brought Poppy Pipopapo's smile." Taiga answered calmly.

Hiiro shoved his hands into his pocket. "You were pretty good for an intern, nurse, android and idol." He masks his amusement at their successful operation. Emu and Ophelia bowed their heads. "I apologize."

Poppy shook her head in assurance. "It's okay. I should be the one apologizing for causing so much trouble." She apologized for her actions and for mistreating them. "Lu-chan, I'm sorry for not believing you."

Luna brushed off her apology. "It's fine. Let bygones be bygones, Poppy." She assured her.

Taiga stared at Poppy coldly. "We won't be going easy the next time you betray us." He warned the female Bugster. "Same goes for you, Midget." The unlicensed doctor referred Luna.

Luna's right eyebrow twitched at Taiga's insult. "Dully noted, Taiga."

Ophelia glanced at Hiiro with a knowing look while he pretended to ignore it. "I'm glad it worked well in the end."

Kanade chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, welcome back, Poppy Pipopapo." She greeted the female Bugster.

Poppy smiles softly after her warm greeting. "I'm back, everyone." She blinks her eyes and misses a certain stoic detective. "Umm... where's Zilar?"

"Zilar went home and believes we can handle our problems without him." Kanade answered as she smiled sheepishly. "He wished us luck."

Nico rolled her eyes and looked at Ophelia blankly. "It's a miracle how you tolerate his behavior, Ophelia." She received a sheepish smile from Ophelia before glaring at Poppy. "And I'll send you flying when that happens!" The female genius gamer vowed to defeat Poppy if she had gone rogue again.

Poppy flinched and hid behind Emu. "She's scary, Emu." She whimpered and remembered her battle with Nico before the other females involved.

"What!?" Nico growled in anger and approached Poppy.

Kanade stepped in to stop Nico from hurting Poppy. "Let's not have a brawl—"

"Move, tomato-head!" She shoved the red-haired woman and chased Poppy while she ran away from her.

Kanade gasped at the insult and her whole body shook in anger. Emu's eyes widened at her furious expression and feels uneasy about Nico's faith in Kanade's hand. "Um... Kanade-san—"

"Come back here, brat!" The red-haired woman yelled and chased the female genius gamer with Emu behind her.

"Don't fight!" The genius gamer pleads while Ophelia laughs softly in amusement.

"It's good to have them back... don't you think?" Ophelia asked the two doctors.

Taiga scoffs at her comments. "You need to check your mind, Fairy."

"I'm fine and it's nice to loosen up for a while." The former goddess pointed before frowning to see Parado appear out of nowhere.

"Are you sure about this, Poppy and Luna?" The male Bugster asked them coldly.

Luna glared at Parado in anger. "You manipulated my mind and brainwashed my memories with them! You and Lovelica... I would never forgive you guys for what you've done to me!" She's about to fight Parado but Ophelia holds her back.

"We won't let you lay a hand on Poppy and Luna again!" Emu vowed to protect his friends.

Parado looked at him. "Why, M? I can understand Moon's reason but you? You said you'd play games with Poppy, but why won't you fight me?" He asked the genius gamer.

Emu looked at Parado with a stoic look. "Poppy's different from you— same thing as Luna. You chose to take people's lives."

Parado scoffs and laughs softly while Ophelia notices his aura change. "Aren't we friends apart from Moon?"

"Who's your friend?" Taiga asks Parado coldly.

"You make no sense." Nico commented bluntly.

"Hiiro..." Ophelia called her boyfriend in a hushed tone while looking at him worriedly.

"We are fated to fight." Parado declared and Ophelia's eyes widened in shock as she sensed his aura was identical to Emu's. "M, you are... me." His eyes glowed in red.

"Emu get away from him!" Ophelia yelled and created a barrier between them.

The barrier didn't work and merged with Emu as he cried out in pain. The female android uses her initiative to create a barrier as the blue-red aura pushes them and it disappears. Luna deactivates her barrier but is still cautious about Emu.

"Emu..." Ophelia called out his name worriedly and shook his shoulder. "Emu, are you alright?" Emu smirked and grabbed Ophelia's neck to choke her. "E-E-Emu." The former goddess gasps while trying to push his hands away.

"Ophelia! Let her go!" Hiiro punches Emu's face and he releases her.

Ophelia falls and coughs to regain her breathing. "Ophelia-chan!" Poppy kneels to rub her back.

The genius gamer smiled darkly at them. "Let's play... the most... thrilling game." He declared while his eyes glowed red.

Kanade stared at him worriedly and couldn't believe Parado controlled Emu's body through merging. 'What are we going to do now?' She thought worriedly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 10.9K 32
π—ͺπ—”π—§π—˜π—₯π— π—˜π—Ÿπ—’π—‘ π—¦π—¨π—šπ—”π—₯ [ t. oikawa , fem!reader , completed ] i'm selfish for wanting you the way that i do.
6.8K 226 35
❀WHO IS READY FOR ANOTHER HAIKYUU STORY!!! THIS IS MY FIRST STORY I EVER MADE SO HOPE YA LIKE IT❀
14.5K 282 67
Hey there! Do you know what kind of life these awesome Captains have outside from their own sports? They're the best person to lead their teams so l...
9.3K 131 19
What if, somehow someway, Emu had a twin sister? Would the plot change? What would happen? What would happen when a certain ex-doctor starts to have...