Rooh (Book 2 - Singhania Brot...

By Amateurmisswriter_

The journey of a family bonded by heart and soul instead of blood! The journey of a boy who was left homeless... More

BOOK INFORMATION
Character Sketch
Prologue
Part 1 : Right to brother's love
Part 2 : His child
Part 3 : Mr. Singhania
Part 4 : Driving to grave
Part 5 : Consequences
Part 6 : A father
Part 7 : A family
Part 8 : Expressing emotions
Part 9 : Fun and assurances
Part 10 : Brother and sister
Part 11 : Home
Part 12 : The best way to answer!
Part 13 : Affianced
Part 14 : Pain and agony
Part 15 : His anchor
Part 16 : Wounds and love
Part 17 : Their angel
Part 19 : The half truth
Part 20 : Trust
Teaser
Part 21 : A brother's love
Part 22 : Love and acknowledgements
Part 23 : Suffering in silence
Intertwined hearts
Part 24 : Lifeline
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30

Part 18 : The essence of relationships

2.6K 269 172
By Amateurmisswriter_

Arnav came back from office and found Ritvik talking to his wife and Sharda. He smiled and walked inside. Meera saw him come inside and wanted to approach him but she hesitated. Arnav was yet to offer her any acknowledgement after the last conversation they had.

"Yeh lo, aa gye Sir!" Ritvik smiled at Arnav.

Arnav smiled back and hugged him. Ashi handed him a glass of water and moved away with Sharda to give some privacy to the friends to talk.

"How's Rishi doing?" Arnav asked slowly.

The smile on Ritvik's face faltered a bit. "He is fine, Arnav."

"Ani ne usse baat ki thi, Ritvik. He refused to tell him anything. Aniket wouldn't lie. Rishi hasn't told him anything!"

Ritvik nodded with a sigh. "That idiot has refused to talk to anyone. Let him recover. I'll make sure he starts talking."

Arnav felt pity for the boy, but he knew he deserved it. Rishaan had been away for three years but that didn't give him the freedom to play with his life. Arnav had himself given him a good veral bashing the moment he had returned back. But he couldn't overstep his boundaries.

Their attention was diverted as they saw Aryan coming down, as usual hoping down the stairs. Arnav whacked him as soon as he reached.

"Sorry!" Aryan yelled before Arnav could whack him again or start with his lecture about safety.

Arnav glared him down.

The classic puppy eyes were quick to surface.

"Kitni baar bola hai tujhe uchhal kud mat Kiya kar? Sunna nhi hai tujhe?" Arnav caught Aryan's ear and gave it a good twist.

"Ouch, ouch, Bhaiya," Aryan winced and gave a soulful look to Arnav. "Dard ho rha hai,"

"Uchhlega seedhiyon pe?"

Aryan shook his head innocently. Arnav left his ear. Aryan immediately hugged him. Arnav sighed. The boy knew how to melt his anger on his fingertips. He wrapped his arms around him and ruffled his hairs.

Ritvik smiled looking at them. The little prince had Arnav wrapped around his little fingers.

"Arnav,"

Arnav looked up. Meera hesitated as she forwarded a cup of coffee towards him.

Arnav's face closed off.

"Coffee le lo, beta," Meera insisted.

Before Arnav could respond, Aryan intervened. "Nhi, naani. Bhaiya ko kuch khane dijiye pehle, phir coffee dena."

"Office se aane ke baad toh coffee hi lete ho na, beta?" Meera asked in confusion. She had seen Ashi handing him a cup of coffee every evening.

"Haan par Bhaiya ka bp thoda low hai, Naani. He needs to eat something before having that coffee," Aryan explained and glared at Arnav in the end, making sure he was giving the message to the right person.

Arnav ruffled his hairs with a smile. "Aise mat dekh, I'll not have coffee before I eat something."

Aryan turned back to Meera. "Yeh coffee toh tab tak thandi ho jayegi, Naani. De dijiye, mai wapas kitchen me rakh deta hoon. I'll get Bhaiya another one."

Meera was annoyed but she curbed it down and handed back the cup of coffee to Aryan. She turned back to talk to Arnav, but he moved away with Ritvik. She sighed in disappointment and walked away.

Ayaansh came down and beelined for Arnav as soon as he saw him. Arnav saw him come and draped a casual arm around him. Ayaansh relaxed immediately. His Bhaiya's presence always soothed his mind.

"Hello, Bhai." He smiled at Ritvik. The frequent interactions with Ritvik had toned down his shyness around him. He had started seeing Ritvik more as his Bhaiya's best friend than a superstar.

"I hope you're not planning on following in your brother's footsteps, kid?" Ritvik raised his eyebrows at him.

"Why not, Bhai?" Ayaansh frowned. Wasn't his Bhaiyu a treasured rockstar? And as far as he remembered, Ritvik loved Aniket's voice. He had publicly said that he is a huge fan of AAS!

"Your voice is born for concerts, rockstar! You can't let it hide behind the cameras." Ritvik smiled. The brothers were all the same; wouldn't let anyone touch any of them!

"Aniket doesn't hide behind the camera, Ritvik." Arnav's sharp voice interrupted them.

Ritvik rolled his eyes. His best friend was a moron. "Tell me you don't want him to come out in public?"

Arnav shot him a disgusted glare. It was annoying how transperent his emotions were to Ritvik.

"Camera ho na ho, singer ki pehchaan toh uski awaaz hoti hai na, Bhai," Ayaansh spoke up. "And AAS needs no camera to make himself heard. His voice rules over billion hearts" He smiled and then added, "including yours, hai na?"

Ritvik looked impressed while Arnav had a proud smile on his face. Ayaansh leaned into his touch. With his Bhaiya by his side, he no longer felt nervous.

"He is learning, is he not?"

"What will be the pros and cons of his public appearance, Ritvik?" Arnav ignored his comment and asked.

At the same time, Aniket and Shivi entered. Arnav looked up and smiled at them. Shivi greeted them and moved away to meet Ashi while Aniket sat down with them.

After an hour of discussion, everyone had come to the mutual conclusion that Ayaansh should start facing the crowd. There was a promotional music association who wanted Ayaansh as their main lead for their next event. The event would exclusively channel Ayaansh's performance. Arnav and Aniket were delighted to hear about the opportunity, but Ayaansh was apprehensive.

"Ready, champ?" Ritvik looked at Ayaansh.

Ayaansh was hesitant.

Aniket slung a friendly arm around him and pulled him closer. "He will be more than ready, Bhai."

Ritvik had no doubts about that. Regardless of public appearance, Aniket was the best tutor Ayaansh could get. Aniket's voice had something that made it stand out even among the crowd of the very best ones. Ritvik was sure Ayaansh wouldn't disappoint them either. He had always enjoyed AAS show; he was absolutely looking forward to the Ayaansh Singhania show!

-------------------------------------------

Arnav was working in the hall when Aryan came down. He saw Arnav and smiled. He was just stepping down the last stair when Arnav's voice came through.

"Don't hop down, Aru!"

Aryan whined about doing no such thing as he approached Arnav and sat down on the chair next to his. He looked at his brother who hadn't even looked up from the laptop screen. He wondered if his Bhaiya had some kind of superpower of sensing their presence or had an extra pair of hidden eyes for them.

"Kuch chahiye, bachcha?" Arnav asked, still hooked on to the laptop.

Aryan shook his head and reached for the fruits that was kept on the dining table. He was about to take them when Arnav stopped him. Arnav walked into the kitchen, washed and sliced an apple and handed it to Aryan before going back to his work.

"Apple yahi toh tha, Bhaiya, mai yeh kha leta" Aryan said as he reached for the slice of apple.

"Those are different apples, Aru," Arnav said without looking up. "They taste a little sour. You don't like them. Yeh wale teri pasand ke hai. Sweeter ones."

"Yeh apple ki varieties bhi hoti hai kya?" Aryan asked with a frown. He hadn't known that before.

Arnav finally looked up from the screen and smiled. He took the apple that was on the dining table and cut out a thin sliver of it. "Dekh kha ke?"

Aryan took it and ate. His face instantly showed his distaste. "Yeh khatta hai,"

"Yeh wale apples jo thode light green hote hai they have a sweet and sour taste," Arnav showed him both the apples sidewise. "On the other hand, the apples that are reddish are sweeter in taste."

"Oh," Aryan muttered. "Yeh green Wale apples kise pasand hai? Aapko?"

"Nhi, even I like the red ones." Arnav replied as he kept the apple back and went back to work. "Teri Bhabhi ko pasand hai yeh wale,"

Aryan smiled. Her Bhabhi could be the only one. Both his Bhai and Bhaiyu didn't like apples at all so they must have never had the trouble of choosing.

He stared at his brother who had gone back to his work. There was pretty much nothing that Arnav didn't know about them. From their likes and dislikes to their dreams and fears, Arnav took care of all of it. Every time, Aryan thought about it, he was undone just like that.

After a few minutes, Arnav looked up from the screen and found Aryan staring at him. For a moment, he was surprised to see the naked admiration and look of reverence in Aryan's eyes.

"Kya dekh rha hai, bachcha?" He asked softly.

"Aapko humari har chhoti chhoti baat ka kitna khayal hota hai, Bhaiya," Aryan's voice was laced with emotions. "Jo baatein hum khud bhi khud ke baare me nhi jaante woh aap jaante ho!"

Arnav caressed his face gently. "Apni dhadkan se koi anjaan hota hai kya, bachcha?"

Abandoning the chair, Aryan sat down on the floor using his knees and placed his head in Arnav's lap. Arnav was surprised but his hand automatically reached out to caress his head. Aryan's eyes filled up. He immediately brushed his tears against Arnav's kurta.

"Kya hua, Aru?" Arnav felt a gnawing feeling in his heart.

"I love you, Bhaiya!" Aryan whispered softly. "I can't live without you!"

Arnav gently lifted Aryan's face to meet his gaze. "I can't live without you either, Aru. I love you more than my life, beta."

Aryan smiled for Arnav and placed his head back in his lap. He was comfortable enough in that position. When he didn't move even after a few minutes, Arnav tried to pull back gently but Aryan held on.

"Aru," Arnav gently ran his fingers through Aryan's hair. "Kuch hua hai, bachcha? Tu thik hai na?"

"Mujhe kya hoga, Bhaiya? Aap itna pyaar karte ho na toh bohot lucky feel hota hai," Aryan said, his voice wavered a little but he smiled looking at Arnav. "Aap world ke best dad ho, Bhaiya!"

Arnav kissed his forehead with all the love he had. It was him who was fortunate to have siblings who bestowed him with such love and respect. There were very few children now-a-days who acknowledged their parents' unconditional love with such sincerity and his child, on the other hand, acknowledged his every subtle act of caring. He couldn't have asked for more from life!

"Andar jake soja, beta, you will catch cold sitting on the floor like this."

"Mai thik hoon yahan," Aryan mumbled as he stifled a yawn. He was actually very sleepy but he didn't want to move away from the warmth he was getting. "Aap karlo apna kaam,"

Arnav sighed and closed his laptop. "I'm done, Aru. Chal room me chalte hain. Get up,"

Aryan's eyes were already heavy with sleep. Arnav's lap and his loving caress was enough to put him to sleep in seconds. Arnav coaxed him to get up and gently guided him to room. He stayed there with him untill he fell asleep, tucked the comforter around him, placed a tender kiss on his forehead and walked out quietly.

-------------------------------------------

Ayaansh was watching tv in his room when he saw Arnav coming in. He sat up. "Bhaiya, aap?"

"Soya nhi ab tak?" Arnav sat beside him. He was walking back from Aryan's room when he heard the sound from Ayaansh's room.

"Neend nhi aa rhi," Ayaansh lied down with his head in Arnav's lap.

"Kya soch rha hai, bachcha?"

"Yeh event me perform karna zaruri hai kya, Bhaiya?" Ayaansh asked slowly.

"Tu nhi karna chahta?" Arnav asked after a moment. He could read apprehensions on Ayaansh's features.

Ayaansh hesitated and then shook his head mildly.

"Then don't!" Was Arnav's immediate reply.

Ayaansh looked up at Arnav, taken aback. He wasn't expecting Arnav to give in so soon.

"Kya hua, bachcha?" Arnav asked. He could see the boy had prepared for an argument.

"Aap maan gye?" Ayaansh asked carefully.

"I will never force you to do something that you don't want to, Ayu." Arnav told him honestly. "But if you ask me, I want you to perform." He added.

Ayaansh tensed. That was the issue. He knew both his Bhaiya and Bhaiyu wanted him to perform but he was scared to let the down. If he faltered on the stage, it would tarnish their image.

"Tujhe music bohot pasand hai na, bachcha?" Arnav caressed his face.

The caress soothed Ayaansh. He relaxed a bit and then nodded.

"Toh kyun nhi karna perform? I don't need to tell you that it's a huge opportunity. You already know it better than me."

"I'm scared, Bhaiya!" Ayaansh sighed.

"There is nothing to be scared of, Ayu. You just have to do what you always do. You've given the performance earlier, what's wrong with this one?"

Ayaansh looked away. He had been overwhelmed with emotions when he had performed last time. He didn't even want to remember that day. All of them had been so scared for their Bhaiya!

"Kya hua?"

Ayaansh remained silent.

"Ayu?" Arnav made him look at him.

"Aapne kaha tha jake perform kar, isliye kiya tha," Ayaansh mumbled.

The sulking expression on his face made Arnav smile. "Toh abhi bhi toh keh raha hoon perform kar, abhi kya hua? Phir se hospital jakar kahu?"

Ayaansh gasped. "Bhaiya.."

Realising what he said, Arnav started apologizing, "I didn't mean.."

"Chhodo mujhe aap," Ayaansh pulled back from Arnav. His eyes brimmed up.

"Ayu," Arnav stopped him holding his wrist. "Sorry, bachcha, I didn't mean to say that..."

"Nhi karni mujhe aapse baat.."

"Sun toh, bachcha," Arnav pulled him closer to himself. "Maine toh aise hi keh diya, Ayu, kyun itna upset ho rha hai?"

"Mai bhi kahu same baat aise hi?" Ayaansh demanded.

Arnav sighed. The boy shared genes with Aniket; always had the perfect argument. "Sorry, bachcha. Galti se keh gya, bas?"

Ayaansh turned and buried his face in Arnav's chest. He was close to burst out into tears. "Aapko pata hai mai kitna darr gya tha uss din? Hum sab kitna darr gye the? How could you say that, Bhaiya? Aapko kuch ho gya toh humara kya hoga? You're our superhero. We can't survive without you!"

Arnav was overwhelmed. The choice of words might be different but the essence of the relationship, love and trust, was just the same!

"I love you, Bhaiya," Ayaansh whispered against his chest. "Please yeh sab mat bola karo aap..."

"Nhi bolunga, beta," Arnav consoled. "I'm sorry, okay? Ab tu itna upset mat ho,"

Ayaansh huffed but nodded.

"Aap sach me chahte ho mai perform Karu?" He asked after a minute.

Arnav nodded. He didn't want to convince Ayaansh like this but he was out of options. He knew Ayaansh's fears were baseless. The boy had nothing to fear. He would not let anything or any fear hold his child back from the success that was rightfully his. And he knew Ayaansh just needed one push. And this performance could be the one for him!

"Agar mujhse stage par koi galti ho gyi..."

"Galti sabse kabhi na kabhi hoti hai, Ayu." Arnav cut him off. He knew Ayaansh would own the stage but he had to make sure that Ayaansh knew that he would be proud of him regardless of result.

"Everyone makes mistake. Iska yeh matlab toh nhi ki unhe koshish karna hi chhod dena chahiye? Failures are as much part of the journey as success. It's okay to falter. Everyone does. But it's not okay to stop trying in the fear of faltering. Making mistake is always the first step, bachcha. That's how you know that you're trying. Your mistakes are the evidence of your hustle!"

"I don't want to disappoint you or Bhaiyu!" Ayaansh said slowly.

"You can never disappoint any of us, bachcha!" Arnav gently lifted his gaze to himself. "We will be proud of you, regardless of your success or failure. Our love is not conditioned, beta,"

Ayaansh hugged him tightly. His Bhaiya's love always left him overwhelmed. He could only count his blessings at such moments!

"Kuch kahunga toh karega, bachcha?"

"Aapko puch kyun rhe ho, Bhaiya? Aap jo kahoge mai karunga.."

"I believe in my child, Ayu. Can you believe in yourself too? For me?"

Ayaansh's eyes filled up. He buried his face in Arnav's chest and nodded softly. His heart was full of gratitude. His destiny had given him a life, more beautiful than the ones he could have dreamt of! He would make sure that he was making the most out of it!

----------------------------------------

"No!"

"No, don't do it."

"Please please..."

"Don't hurt me..."

"Nhi..."

The whimpering echoed without a chink of noise for a few minutes. Aniket's body was shivering as he subconsciously clutched the comforter closer to his body, as if trying to protect himself. He was hyperventilating and whimpering in half asleep state.

"Mat maro..."

"No, don't hurt me..."

Aniket woke up startled, gasping for breath and body shivering under the effect of nightmare. Before he could process, he was pulled in by firm yet gentle pair of arms.

"Ani, koi nhi hai, dekh mujhe..."

Even in the lost and subconscious state, Aniket reciprocated to the touch. That has been the only source of comfort for him all those years; the touch that soothed all his fears. He was still struggling but he wasn't flinching back.

"It's okay, Ani," Arnav shook him awake. "No one will hurt you... It's me, wake up!"

As soon as the worried voice penetrated through Aniket's foggy mind, he stopped struggling. He had to blink once or twice to get his vision clear.

"Mai hoon, Ani," Arnav pulled over the comforter hurriedly as he spoke. Aniket was shivering and needed some instant warmth. His eyes filled with worry as he caressed Aniket's face. "Theek hai tu?"

Relief flooded through Aniket's nerves. His eyes filled up. He hated the sense of helplessness these nightmares left him with. Arnav saw the look in his eyes and pulled him to his chest. Aniket leaned more and held on. His Bhaiya's warmth was all he needed.

Arnav tried to reach for the jug of water, but Aniket's weight was on him. "Paani pi le, bachcha, you will feel better," He coaxed gently.

For a few moments, Aniket didn't move. Arnav let him calm down. He was rattled as much as Aniket. It had been so long that he witnessed Aniket caught up in such wilderness that he felt numb from inside. His heart sank down thinking that his brother had been dealing with these recurring episodes on his own.

After some time, when Aniket felt better, he pulled back gently. Arnav reached for the jug of water and filled the glass for Aniket, who gulped it down in one go. Arnav refilled the glass for him. He must have had a sore throat by now if he was having these nightmares frequently.

"Bas ho gya, Bhaiya," Aniket said and kept the glass aside.

"Theek hai?"

Aniket nodded with a sigh He looked up at Arnav. He could see the concern and to some extent, the same silent reprimand in his eyes. "Was I screaming?" He asked with uncertainty.

Years of experience at dealing with these nightmares had taught him not to scream even in the unconscious state. He had mastered the art of silencing his screams. The reoccurrence of these nightmares had been so sudden and overwhelming that he was uncertain about his grip on them.

"No!" Arnav's reply came more harshly than he had intended. Aniket wasn't screaming at all. After coming out of Ayaansh's room, he had almost walked back to his own room but something inside him urged him to check on Aniket as well.

Aniket flinched and looked down.

Arnav pulled back himself from Aniket. He didn't want to channel his anger at his brother right now. He was about to get up, but Aniket held his hand.

"Aaj raat yahin so jao na,"

The raw vulnerability in his voice reminded Arnav so much of fifteen-year-old Aniket; the one whose tears always rendered him helplessly heartbroken.

"Bhaiya,"

Arnav leaned back on the bedpost and sighed. He couldn't leave even if he wanted to. He was just getting another pillow for himself but he could manage without one just fine. He looked back at Aniket who was already looking at him. He gazed into his brother's eyes, his own eyes, and his heart melted. He wrapped his one arm around Aniket and gently pulled him closer.

"Sleep, Ani." He spoke softly. "You need rest."

Aniket looked at him. "Naraaz kyun ho rhe ho aap?" He dared to ask.

The question had the hint of childishness. It somehow relaxed Arnav but he had to ask it, "Do you think I don't remember that you can never go to sleep alone whenever you have these nightmares? What changed?"

Aniket looked down. Arnav had spent countless nights dealing with his nightmares. Arnav was right; he couldn't sleep alone after such nightmares, but Arnav couldn't sleep at all. He used to cuddle himself to his Bhaiya's protective embrace and drift off to a peaceful sleep, knowing that he would be shielded from every darkness, but Arnav never slept on those nights, too scared to loosen his grip on Aniket.

"You're staying up all night because of theses nightmares," Arnav said. It wasn't a question.

Silence was the only reply he got from Aniket. He was hurt but he knew Aniket was hurting more. He gently cupped Aniket's face, "kyun, bachcha?"

Aniket's eyes filled up, but he blinked off the tears. "Aap bekar me pareshan ho rhe ho, Bhaiya. Aap toh jaante ho na, I get these nightmares sometimes. Kabhi kabhi..."

"You used to get them ten years back, Aniket!" Arnav cut him off.

Aniket looked away.

"Kis baat se pareshan hai, Ani? Kuch toh hai..."

"Kuch nhi hai, Bhaiya," Aniket's voice rose without his consent. "Aap kyun bekar me yeh sab soch rhe ho? It's just a stupid dream. I'm fine. Kuch nhi hua hai.."

Arnav stiffened for a moment.

Aniket noticed that and realised his folly. He held Arnav's hands. "Aap pareshan mat ho, Bhaiya. I'm fine. Mujhe nhi pata yeh sab phir se kyun ho rha hai. Maine aapko nhi bataya kyunki I didn't want you to worry. Sach me,"

"It's okay, Ani," Arnav said gently. He couldn't find a reason why Aniket would lie to him. He didn't have to plead him to believe him; his brother had his trust. "Kal baat karte hai, so ja abhi,"

Aniket nodded and lied down, closing his eyes. His heart was filled with guilt for lying to Arnav, but he couldn't speak the truth without hurting him more. His eyes filled up when he felt the soft movement of fingers through his hair and a lone tear trickled down his cheek when he felt a warm kiss being pressed against his forehead.

"Soja, bachcha, no one will hurt you!"

The soft, love laced whisper dispelled the haunting darkness from the surrounding and let the brothers have a peaceful sleep under the starlit sky. The thunders of the storm that was rising above remained unheard!

____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

Any idea what will happen next?

Okay, so I know you guys had completed target much earlier but I was busy. I hope you guys will understand. Thank you for all the love you're showering!

Target : 160+ comments

Hope you guys are liking it!

Love,
Muskan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 2.1K 12
The feeling of being unloved by one's own family was not unknown to Akshara. Yet she doesn't hate her family for despising her since she was only a n...
Epiphany By Kiara

General Fiction

55.2K 5.3K 28
Ten years ago, Aakrith was kidnapped. A few days later, his dead corpse was sent home to his brothers. Kabir Kaushik, a Commanding Officer, is told...
Sacch By Shree

Fanfiction

78.4K 5.3K 52
A woman for whom money and Business is everything, that She plans to destroy her own family. A sister who left her own brother, her Bhai just to prot...
206K 12K 43
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...