Ella

By LemonTeaV3

What if you did not have the most normal life. You don't remember your mother. Your father left you with you... More

Acknowledgments
"Help"
There is always Cinder before Ella
No Food Until The Work Is Done
What Lurks In The Forest
Infernum Creatura
The Mystery Guy
The Border Between Worlds
No Where To Run

The First Warning

47 2 0
By LemonTeaV3

The wind blows through my hair which is flowing all around me as I walk through a beautiful garden.

It's so peaceful and quiet I feel like I can stay here forever

I keep walking as the path leads the way. I don't know where I am going. But all I know is I don't want to leave.

I sit on a bench as I stare at one flower in particular. It was a rose. But this rose. It seemed to be dying. It started turning black but only its center had color.

I kept staring at this flower for what seemed like centuries. I reached forward and touched it.

Just as my finger grazed the soft dead petal everything changed.

The once calming scenery tuned into a stormy grey field. I looked around me trying to find the garden again but it was gone.

That's when I heard it. The scream.

It was a little girl who looked about seven. She was in a pretty blue dress that had the word 'angel' written all over it. She was holding a fairy princess doll.

She was crying as she watched a lady who looks like an older version of her, run to a car and drive away.

Then a man came behind her and took the crying girl back into the house before he came rushing back out.

"Ahhhhhhh!" I sat up immediately. My head turning as I was still fazed by what I just saw.

I was sweating all over and my mouth was dry. I looked around and I was in my room with the window open.

I am pretty sure I locked it yesterday. I always keep my window locked.

I got up slowly making sure I didn't wake up anyone when I screamed.

I walked to the window and locked it. I stared at it for a few minutes before I walked into the bathroom to get ready.

...................

As soon as I stepped into the living room I was surprised to see the place absolutely wrecked.

The chairs were on the ground while the windows were smashed. Glass was scattered everywhere, but what made the hair on my skin stand up straight was what was written on the wall.

' YOUR TIME IS UP. RUN!'

I stood still as a chill ran up my spine.

Who did this?

As I ask myself that question my step mother comes into the room with

Ruby and Donna.

They all froze as the stared wide-eyed at the disaster we called our living room.

"What the hell happened to my house!" Mother shrieked out as she stood there unable to move.

Donna and Ruby stood there smirking as the watched me with evil eyes.

"I don't know. I just came in and saw this." I said trying to sound calm.

"You little liar. I bet you did this at night." Donna accused me as Ruby backed her up.

"Yeah we saw her coming home late last night."

"Is this true did you do this." My step mother glared at me looking like she was ready to saw me in half.

Donna and Ruby started snickering.

"I didn't do it. I swear. When I came home the place looked fine. I swear I did not do this madam" I said as I blinked back tears.

She came up to me and grabbed my chin squeezing my jaw roughly.

"If I find out that you are lying I will show you hell." She growled pushing me onto the glass covered floor.

I felt it as the glass pierced my skin digging into my flesh really deep.

"Call the police Ruby. And make sure that Ella is not here when they come."

She said walking away. Leaving me with Donna.

"You better leave Smella." She said pulling me up and pushing me out the door.

I fell to the ground as I felt sharp pain everywhere.

I got up and limped to a pay phone at the park.

"Hello"

"Mason. Can you pick me up at the park." I said trying to keep the pain out of my voice.

"Ella! Are you alright? Stay were you are I am coming right now." He said with worry in his voice.

○○○○

"Ella!" Mason screamed my name as he got out of his car and came rushing to my side giving me a big hug.

I winced slightly as he touched me. He pulled back carefully. Looking at my arm.

"What happened to you? " He stated inspecting the injuries.

"Glass." I said flinching back at the memory.

"Come on." He said leading me to the car.

Mason is my only friend. He has been with me since and I am truly grateful for that.

He knows what goes on at home but just now how far it goes.

He first found out when I came to school with a black eye and a swollen lip. Nobody noticed but him.

Back then I told him about my step mothers moods but I did not tell him about the abuse.

He put two and two together and he was furious. It took everything in him not to call the cops.

We pulled up at Masons house and we went upstairs. Thank goodness his parents were not home.

When we got to his room he got out a first aid kit and started removing the pieces of glass from my arm and cleaned up the mess.

We just sat in silence as I winced slightly as the disinfectant touched my cuts.

"What happened?" He said looking up at me as he finished wrapping my arm.

"When I got up this morning I went to the living room and it was wrecked. Everything was scattered and the windows were broken. Donna and Ruby accused me of doing it because I came late last night. My step mom got mad, I told her I didn't do it and she pushed me onto the glass covered floor. " I said nonchalantly.

"So where were you last night?" He said curiously.

Then I told him everything. About what happened at the principles office, sleeping outside, the 'shower' I was given and the hell creature. The mystery guy who saved me and the weird dream. Leaving out the part about my drunken mom.

By the time I was finished he was speechless and I was full on crying. I was on his lap as he tried comforting me.

When I was done we just sat there as he rubbed my back.

I flinched when he accidentally rubbed the tender skin where my step mom had burned with the hot curling iron a few days ago.

"Are you okay." He said worried that he hurt me.

"I am fine. I just have a little pain on my back that's all." I said trying to smile but failing miserably.

"Here. Let me see." He said trying to lift my shirt.

I hesitated. I don't think I am ready for someone to see the damage my step mom has caused.

I know if he sees this everything will change. I will no longer be able to hide from the world my miseries. I will be sharing it with him. I don't want to do this to him.

"Come on. I am not gonna hurt you. I promise." He said truthfully.

I nodded and hesitantly took of my shirt, leaving me in my sports bra.

Both of us gasped at the same time as we looked at the injuries.

I really did not know how bad it was but now that I see it I can't belive it.

My new cuts were turning a gross blue-purple, while my old ones were an ugly green. I was horrified at the site.

I looked up to see Mason in shock and anger. He never thought this is what happens at home.

"Maso-"

"How long has this been happening." He said not looking at me

"Since middle school" I whispered.

Then he did something totally unexpected. He hugged me carefully not to touch my wounds.

"I am so sorry" He said. I can hear the regret oozing out of his voice.

"It was not you fault. You didn't know." I said softly.

"I promise I will protect you. I will never let this happen again."

I just smiled. Knowing that my best friend will be here for me no matter what.

○○○○○○○○

Mason cleaned me up and we just watched movies all day till it was getting late.

"Mason. I gotta get going. I don't want to be home late. I have to make dinner." I said as I got up and walked to the door.

"I'll get the car."He said getting up from the couch.

"No worries. I will walk home."

"It's not a worry. I don't want you to walk home alone."

"Mason. I will be fine. I just don't want anyone to see us together."

"Okay. But if anything happens call me. But my offer to stay with me still stands." He opened the door as I walked out.

"Mason you know that I can't do that. I can't just abandon my family. I will call you if anything comes up. Bye" I gave him one last hug before I turned around and walked away.

It was a 10 minute walk from Masons to my house. So I had a lot of time to think.

Crunch.

The noise came from behind me. I turned around to see nothing. I started walking faster.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch

The footsteps started getting louder and faster until I stopped and turned around.

Nothing.

I looked in front of me to see mystery guy.

I jumped back and fell as I was taken by surprise.

"Nice to see you again Mute."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 19 10
Things change, and people change even more. It's crazy how life goes, but how we deal with situations can change everything. Its fucked up but really...
370 1 27
Things would not always go as planned... Always!!!...make that never for me.. My life has suddenly turned from a peaceful normal life to a rollercoas...
173 55 12
NARRATOR: This is just your typical love story, but with a TWIST! Wanna know what that twist is? *Evil smirk* Well, if I told you now then...WHERE'S...
800 74 30
The world around us can be diverse in so many ways, but sometimes the most diverse way is a way we may never have known possible. And that is a secre...