The Midnight Guest: Princess...

Par RoyalSapphirea

Diana lived in a peaceful countryside house, but she always heard a mysterious knocks at midnights. One night... Plus

Chapter 1: Who's knocking?
Chapter 2: Self-Love or Suicide?
Chapter 3: The Unseen Misery
Chapter 4: Glimpse of Insanity
Chapter 5: Reality is Painful
Chapter 6: Acceptance
Chapter 7: Path to Redemption
Chapter 8: Disappearance
Chapter 10: The Suspect
Chapter 11: On the Verge of Life
Chapter 12: Heal Me
Chapter 13: Recovery
Chapter 14: Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 15: The Undeniable Love
Chapter 16: Your Secret Weapon
Chapter 17: Vengeance
Chapter 18: The Harmony of Lovers
Chapter 19: Internal Conflict
Chapter 20: Broken Memories
Chapter 21: Unexpected Betrayal
Chapter 22: The Love Triangle
Chapter 23: A discreet Menace
Chapter 24: Love Concedes All
𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Chapter 9: Calling out Your Name

78 2 5
Par RoyalSapphirea

It's been a week since that surreal night, with her alter ego ― Charles.

As he obeyed her, Diana feels so safe, feels comfortable and most importantly, she feels mentally stable and not considering the otherwise.

She got an invitation to Sarah and Andrew's engagement ― Sarah's boyfriend.

Diana is dressed in one of her finest attires, emerald flared gown, with a metallic silver hand-bag. While her neck is ― ironically ― choked with emerald stone's choker.

Her natural sweet scent, laced with perfume, is intoxicatingly pleasant. She catches a last glimpse of herself in the mirror, moment before leaving to the occasion's place ― Ritz-Carlton, London.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

"Congratulations to both of you!!" Diana wished both of them, happily.

"Thanks, Duch!"

"Thank you, Diana."

They shared a quality-time and a friendly giggles with the rest of their friends as well.

As the good time goes by.

Then and there, everything seems to set down, as soon as Jonathan Taylor, appeared on the scene.

Sarah and Andrew, neither of them invited him to their special occasion, but somehow he appeared, out of nowhere.

Diana questioned Sarah, if she really invited him?

"No, I didn't.." Sarah admits while feeling startled as well. "Anyway, ignore his presence, Duch." Sarah added.

Diana didn't cared about him, but she assumes, that he is here for harm, not good.

"Congratulations, to both of you." Jonathan congratulates Sarah and Andrew.

"Thank you." They replied in union.

Hopefully, he didn't build any issue. At the moment, atleast.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

Diana stood underneath a tree, and places her favorite cigarette ― Silk cut purple ― between her glossy lips.

Click.

Click, click.

"God damn.." She threw the litter as it doesn't work.

She sighs, while still holding the raw cigarette in her mouth.

Click.

Her cigarette lits up, as smoke escapes its tip.

Her eyes slightly twitched in suddeness as she looks up to the person, who lits her cigarette.

Jonathan.

"So, you're smoking?" He started.

Diana rolls her eyes, "What brought you here, to me, in this crowded place?" She lifted her chin, puffing the smoke softly.

"So, just to remind you, I'm that Fucking Boss, you degraded infront of his employees." He reminded her.

Diana avoids his gaze.

"Anyway, I heard you got kidnapped?" He continues.

Diana shifts uncomfortably, against the tree.

"May I know, what had he done to you?" He mocked.

Diana's eyes grew wide.

"Are you out of your mind!?" Diana shouted at him.

"Oh, maybe like you? Because some consider you as "Unstable"." He raises his eyebrows, sneering.

"H.. How―" Diana went silent, enduring her anger.

"You know what, I―" He continued.

SLAP!

"Enough!" Diana slapped him.

His eyes fierced as he went motionless, for a whole thundering moment.

"Did..." He glares at her widely, "Did you just, slapped.. me?" His voice quivers with rage.

Diana resist a fearful lump in her throat, trying to face him, despite feeling absolute tensed.

The moment Jonathan threw his hand above, someone held his hand tightly, restraining his movements.

"Don't you, Fucking Dare.. Mr. Taylor."

Jonathan turns to look who is it, and there, James Hewitt stood, ― his business partner.

"You― What are you doing here?" Jonathan speaks shakily.

James pushed him forcefully, "If I caught you second time, raising your hand on a lady," He looks deep into Diana's eyes, "Especially her.." He looks back into Jonathan's eyes, "You will rot in prison, for the rest of your damn life." He stated firmly.

Jonathan fixed his suit and death-stared Diana.

"Leave!" James demanded.

Jonathan avoided their gazes, ― still raged on ― and left.

James looks at Diana, while she stares at her feet.

"Thank―"

"―Shh, no need." He replied gently.

Silence.

Diana takes her way, back to the engagement hall.

"Diana-" James calls out her name.

She turned to look at him, "Yes?" She replied softly.

"Can I've a word with you.. Well, only if I'm not bothering―"

"―No, it's alright." She steps towards him, having a decent space.

"Yes?" She added.

"Well, umm.." He gently caress his red-ish hair.

He appeared awkward to her, but she ignored it anyway.

"It's my birthday, the day after tomorrow. So, I thought it would be fun if you will join me, I mean us?" He spoke, slightly nervoused.

"Oh, I would love to." She responded and offered him a soft smile.

He felt relief and smiled warmly.

"Thank―"

"―Shh, no need." She replies while grinning slightly.

James smiled awkwardly, as Diana mimics him.

"Well, what's your name?" Diana asks.

James blank-stared her, "I thought you knew. Anyway, James Hewitt." He addressed.

"James Hewitt," Diana recalls it, as if she heard it somewhere. "I think I heard of it."

"Actually, we met once, if you remember?" He added.

"Mmm, sorry." She shook her head, while peaking at him from underneath her blonde locks.

≪══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════≫

Diana is heading back home, but her house is quite far, which made her journey last nearly two hours.

Diana noticed a black vehicle, in the side mirror. Chasing her wherever she drives. To confirm the creepiness of the situation, she drove in another direction, opposing her house, for safety purpose as well.

There, the vehicle kept pursuing her. Diana's body temperature rises in nervousness. She slightly drove faster, intending to escape, without getting noticed.

As soon as the vehicles drove into a lightless area, ― guided by the headlights ― amidst the rural road, the mysterious car's engines rumbles, while the tires screeches as they picks up the speed.

Diana shifts the gear to its highest speed, and slams the accelerator pedal all the way down. Her black mercedes leaves a lightening trails of dusts in its maximum rate.

The dimly vague view of the trees goes by in a blurry swiftness, as Diana is almost about to lose the control, over her vehicle's brake.

The shrieking sounds of the cars echoes for each sharp turns, they charges recklessly.

Diana twirls the stirring from side to side, synchronizing with her heart-beats, while increasing rapidly.

The brake fails.

"GOD!" She cries out while slamming the brake pedal impactlessly.

Her mind almost lost its conciousness while her heart throbs painfully against the seat-belt, holding her back.

The intruder car horns blaringly, decieving Diana into a fear and hopelessness over the frightening situation.

A lightening thought of Charles, hits Diana's mind, and disappeared the moment it emerged.

Diana's eyes swells with tears as she fiercly stomped on the brake pedal, her intensity worsen with each forceful press.

The raging tires of her mercedes leaves burning trails behind it, while charging into dangerous directions.

"I will always be there for you, whenever you calls out my name." She recalls what Charles said.

Diana's eyes widened with blazing disbelief as she spotted a massive tree, towering horribly in the fogginess of the terrifying night.

Screeeeech.

"Charles!!"

CRASH!

...

It went all dark.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

237 29 19
Diana is a seventeen year old introverted high schooler in Fort Fairfield, Aroostook county. She lives with her mother, Juliet and her little brother...
66.8K 1.2K 15
What if scenario. Diana barely survives the infamous car crash that took her life in 1997. Prince Charles had a realization when the accident happe...
2.1M 85.5K 36
Amora's life has never been easy but she never complained. Although it was only her mother and her that was all she ever needed to be happy and conte...
65K 1.1K 23
Altermate re-telling of Charles and Diana's relationship. What if Charles really loved Diana? Will the outcome of their relationship be different? Or...