๐‡๐€๐๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐’๐’ | ๐‹๐๐Ÿ’

By kaylavz_

ADELINE O'CONNOR has been devastated since the last time she fell in love. Fans, gossips and even in intervie... More

00 | INTRODUCTION
00 | IMPORTANT INFO
01 | PARTIES AND DECISIONS
02 | A BUSY DAY
03 | AUSTRALIAN GP AND A PAPAYA BOY
04 | RACE DAY!
05 | SHITTY DAY?
07 | LIKED BY LANDO AND ADELINE
08 | BETWEEN SHADOWS
09 | NIGHT TALK
10 | NEWS
11 | THE CALL
12 | LONDON HERE I COME
13 | CAR RIDE
14 | LUNCH
15 | LONG DAY BUT NOT ALONE
16 | WARM WELCOME
17 | ADECHELLA

06 | THE ROOFTOP

3K 53 1
By kaylavz_

HAPPINESS | LN4
06 | T H E  R O O F T O P

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

────── ° 。。゚・✩。゚・° 。 ──────

While a certain McLaren driver is looking for a blonde singer in the party crowd, she is lying on her bed with a lot of emotional thoughts going through her head.

10:30pm

Adeline walks into the party, radiating charisma and glamour as she wears a stunning dress that perfectly matches her distinctive style.

Daniel had asked her earlier that afternoon to come to the party at the hotel this evening, where they were going to have a sort of celebration for the start of the season, and for his part, also for the incredible result that both RedBull drivers had had in today's race.

She is having a good time, with the company of Valentina, Isa, Kika and a few other girls dancing to the rhythm of the songs playing on the huge loudspeakers in the corners of the room, until Adeline's happiness and charisma begins to fade, and is replaced by a feeling of frustration and stress, when she notices the presence of some paparrazis who have crashed into the party.

Although she is quite used to the media attention, the invasion of her privacy and her friends privacy was not something she could overlook.

Despite being in a hotel with security, where some of the most prestigious drivers in the world of motorsport, and more famous people, some paparazzi have managed to sneak into the hotel in the most creative ways you can imagine.

It's pretty crazy if you think about it.

Adeline decides to pretend she didn't see the flash of the camera, and try to remain calm to continue enjoying the party.

However, as the night goes on, and the photographers do not stop, but become more persistent, her mood becomes serious and her emotions begin to wane, and the feeling of frustration becomes more and more visible at the lack of respect for her privacy.

Adeline, instead of addressing the situation in a rude way -although she would love to tell the paparrazis to fuck off and let her enjoy her night in peace- and that once back in Los Angeles, Rebecca would make her have a meeting about the right way to address the media and a lot of new gossip about her on the internet.

She decides it's best to keep quiet, and decides to go to one of the elegant large couches scattered around the room against the wall and sit down to try to relax so she can get back out on the dance floor to continue enjoying the evening.

"How I miss going unrecognised"

"Hey, you all right?" A shout is heard over the music of the place, Valentina appears from the crowd and greets Adeline with a wave and a smile that shows a hint of concern on her face, as she reaches her side, she plops down on the sofa, next to her.

"Yeah, yeah," Adeline assures her with a small hand gesture.

"Are you sure? You don't look so good" Val turns her head to examine the blonde's face.

"I'm fine, it's just that my feet hurt a bit" Adeline reassures her again, making circular motions with her feet "These heels are killing me" she chuckles.

"Alright" Valentina gives Adeline a smile "then I'll go back there with the girls, if you need anything text me" she pats her legs and gets up.

"Ok, I'll be there in a sec"

A couple of seconds after Valentina has left, Adeline breathes in and closes her eyes.

CLICK!

Adeline's eyes open quickly as the sound of a camera is heard.

But there is no sign of a camera.

The singer runs her hands over her face "I'm definitely crazy enough to imagine stuff" she thinks.

Determined to get out of there, because she can't stand the thought that every move she makes could be captured and published on any page, Adeline gets up from the couch and starts walking towards the lift to get to her hotel room, lie down on the comfortable bed and rest.

Once on her floor, she takes out her room card from the blazer she is wearing and swipes it through the scanner.

As soon as the door opens, Adeline has a fixed destination, she reaches the edge of the bed and throws herself on the soft mattress.

And so 10, 15, 30 minutes go by, until an hour later of introspection staring at the ceiling of her room, the singer feels the need for a change of atmosphere, she can't spend the rest of the night like this.

Adeline turns her head and picks up her phone, which has a couple of messages from Daniel asking her where she is, she replies that she's fine, that she's in her room and looks at the time. 12:44pm.

Adeline chooses the most relaxed and quiet option at this time of night where she can take a break, the rooftop.

As she leaves the room, the music from a few floors below seems louder than when she entered, and once she reaches the end of the corridor she calls the lift.

Once the lift doors open, a drastic change of light is noticed, the darkness on the terrace does not allow her to see anything so she begins to walk with her arms slightly stretched out and careful not to trip over anything.

But it doesn't turn out to be very effective, because a few seconds later she bumps her foot against something.

"Agh, fuck!" Adeline mumbles as she lets out a moan of pain.

Looking up from her foot, to see if she had hurt herself, she finds a blue-eyed boy with curly brown hair.

"Oh, hi Lando" Adeline greets him a little embarrassed, she thought no one was up there at that time of night, but it seems she was wrong.

Lando takes a couple of seconds to react to Adeline's greeting, he had already given up all hope of talking to her this weekend.

"Hi Della" Lando greets her with a slight smile.

That nickname again. A slight current runs down Adeline's back.

"Della, it's not what it seems!"

"No one will know about this Della, don't even try"

She ignores those flashbacks and forces a weak smile as she begins to walk towards him.

"What brings you here?" Adeline asks, leaning both arms on the railing and turning her head to Lando.

"Not much" Lando replies with his eyes fixed on the boats in the distance "Just enjoying the air and clearing my head a bit"

"If you want I could go" Adeline half apologises for ruining the moment and points behind her as she motions to leave, taking a step backwards to find another place.

But Adeline doesn't get to take that step, Lando speaks first.

"Stay" Lando says without measuring his words, his arm about to touch hers to stop her from leaving "I mean, you can stay, if you want to, of course" He rectifies his words, running the hand that has been about to touch Adeline's arm over the back of his neck, slightly nervous, and is grateful that it is night and that Adeline hasn't noticed the slight pinkish tone that spreads across his cheeks.

Adeline gives him a small smile and returns to his side.

"And you? What brings you here at this hour?" Lando asks the same question, Adeline sighs, turning her whole body to face the dark-haired boy.

"Also a bit of the same" Adeline lets out a dry laugh "Paparazzi have shown up to the party and it's been a lot for me, I was getting overwhelmed thinking that anything I do, any slip and people would have some new reason to attack me on social media" The words come tumbling out of her mouth "Sorry, you probably don't even care" She apologises with a nervous laugh and turns back to look out at the sea.

They remain silent, and not an uncomfortable silence, but one that, although without words, they understand that their situation is quite similar.

"How do you deal with fame?" Lando asks suddenly, his eyes fixed on the horizon.

Adeline gives the boy a curious look.

"How good the reflection of the moon looks on his profile"

"What do you mean?" Adeline raises a curious eyebrow.

Lando turns fully towards her "How do you deal with the media, the cameras chasing you, keeping a smile on your face all day, the bad reviews... How do you deal with the urge to scream at people to leave you alone, that you just want to be a normal person living off what you love to do?" Lando explodes.

Adeline gives him a sympathetic smile, knowing all too well that she found herself, and still finds herself in this situation, more often than she would like.

"The truth is, you never get used to it." Adeline tells him the plain truth, lifting her shoulders slightly.

As Adeline tells him the plain truth, making it clear that there will always be something new and you never get used to it, Lando nods his head and maintains a tight smile, pulling his gaze from her eyes.

Adeline, seeing his reaction, feels the need to change the tone of the conversation, so she blurts out one of her funniest stories.

"What was the most unusual gift the fans have given you? Adeline throws the question in the air, not waiting for an answer and continues "Mine was a tea set that I got at a meet and greet with my face printed on it" That final detail captures the British driver's attention "Everything has my face printed on it, the teapot, the teacups, even the teaspoons!" Adeline finishes with a laugh.

"And do you use it?" Lando asks curiously and a slight smile peeks out.

"Of course! It's made with love" Adeline says, and Lando starts to laugh.

The first real laughs of the night, but not the lasts.

"See how it's not all bad in fame?" Adeline explains, no trace of laughter but a smile on her face "Now tell me your story, come on, don't be shy," she gives him a little shove on the shoulder.

And that's how the rest of the night goes for them. While downstairs the party continues, they are on the rooftop with laughter and anecdotes that make the atmosphere cozy, even though they have only known each other for a couple of days. Both feel that they can express themselves freely with each other without feeling judged. Because even though they come from different professions and different places, they have more in common than they think.

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

@famousgossip

●○

○●

liked by USER68, USER3 and 347,193 others

@FAMOUSGOSSIP: Adeline O'Connor, the singer, seen enjoying a party at a hotel in Melbourne, Australia.

The singer was spotted tonight in the company of F1 driver Valentina Rossi and a few other drivers and their respective partners at a hotel in Melbourne, Australia, probably celebrating her best friend Daniel Ricciardo's good score in this afternoon's race.

Adeline is officially back in Formula 1 to stay? Or she will end up distancing herself from the sport again?

view all 7264 comments

USER71: She looks gorgeous! 😍

USER64: OMGGG I DIDN'T KNOW I NEEDED THIS FRIENDSHIP ADELINE X VALENTINA

USER68: I need to see more of Adeline in the paddock 😫

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

heeellooo :)

I COULDN'T LIKE THE RESULT OF THIS CHAPTER ANY BETTER.

they are so cutes 😫💗

i had the rooftop scene thought of before i even started the book, so i hope you like it 🤭🤭🤭

and if you want more content on this story, go follow me on TikTok: kaylavz__

what did you think of the chapter?

and if you liked it, don't forget to vote! <3

See you xo

~Kayla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 758 26
a formula one adaption of pride and prejudice. Meadow Walters is Red Bull Racing's new TikTok admin. She gets along with most of the drivers straight...
2M 39K 89
โ ๐˜ช ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ. โž -------------------- Being the s...
682K 30.6K 101
After a nasty breakup with her now ex-boyfriend Hangyeol, figure skater Kang Saena's not looking into getting in a new relationship anytime soon. Plu...
77.1K 1.3K 94
Lando had a plan. Fake a relationship and once they get what they want they part ways. But we all know that's not how in ends in the books. "You just...