13 | CAR RIDE

HAPPINESS | LN4
13| C A R  R I D E

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

HAPPINESS | LN413| C A R  R I D E‎──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

────── ° 。。゚・✩。゚・° 。 ──────

Adeline O'Connor

"Lando, what are you doing here?" are the first words that escape from my mouth.

"I heard you needed a chauffeur and here I am," he replies, simply flashing me a smile. The truth is that I don't know how I recognised him, he's wearing glasses that cover almost half of his face and instead of driving a sports car he's driving a SUV.

"It really wasn't necessary" I apologise slightly embarrassed, why Daniel had to call him, with a taxi would have been perfect "I'm sure you have more important things to do, if you want I can call a taxi...". I assure him, looking at my phone searching for the taxi company.

"Nonsense, get in" Lando reaches over and grabs my suitcase, which is now no longer next to me but in the boot of the SUV. I do as he says and open the car door to get in.

Once inside, being the curious person that I am, I start looking around inside the car.

The first thing I notice is that it's his car. Normally, or at least Daniel and Max, don't have cars that aren't vintage or sportive. He has a water bottle on the cup holder and on the back seats what appears to be a gym bag.

I also notice a faint trace of some fresh citrus scent filling the car, it's probably the London air mixed with something else.

"Where to?" Lando asks as he opens the door to climb into the driver's seat.

No, it's definitely him.

"Uh...To 17 Rosewood Lane" I give him the new address of my new flat.

He mumbles a confirmation and starts the car driving out of the airport parking lot, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the GPS.

And we fall silent.

It's not an uncomfortable silence, in fact - at least for me - it's quite comfortable. But I don't know if it is for him.

"Can I play some music?" I ask and turn to look at him. Why does he looks so good?

Enough Adeline.

"Sure, as if you were at home" Lando replies and turns to me giving me a quick smile "You can connect it to the bluetooth."

And so I do, I pick up my phone, which is lying on my lap while Lando, with one hand, turns on the car audio.

Suddenly, as he turns on the audio, I hear a song - which is already halfway through - at full volume, which I recognise very, very well. I turn to Lando and see him with his widen eyes and a pink colour starting to appear on his cheeks and ears.

"Were you stalking me?" I question him with a smirk on my face trying to hold in my laughter as a song from my new album plays in the background.

Lando looks down, embarrassed. "It's a very good song," he murmurs, his voice barely audible over the song. We look at each other, my smile growing bigger and bigger on my face. He looks away before his cheeks turn even more red.

I chuckle. I let the song end and connect my phone to the bluetooth and play a random song from my playlist and settle into the seat.

This seat is so comfy.

"So... how's it going?" Lando asks a few seconds later. Before I can answer I hear him mutter something under his breath.

"Well, moving to the other side of the Atlantic from my family and friends, I don't know exactly how it can go" I reply sharply and with my eyes closed. How comfortable, how can a car seat be so comfortable?

Silence is what fills the car.

I yawn softly so as not to break the silence, jet lag starting to set in. Lando glances sideways at me and before I close my eyes I see him lower the volume of the music.

"Rest" I hear his soft voice before falling asleep.

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ──────

Short chapter BUT next one will be goooood 🫶🏻