Obese Love

Bởi Reign_lulubel07

Seokjin a hopeless romantic introvert pastry chef, is fell in love to a perfectly handsome Kim Taehyung whom... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 Spin-off Anorexic Love VHOPE
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 9

259 23 3
Bởi Reign_lulubel07

Six years had etched their passage on Jungkook's face, carving lines of determination and resilience around his eyes. He wasn't just a boy anymore, but a man honed by the challenges of Los Angeles. The city had thrown him curveballs - some friendly, some cruel - but Jungkook had swung, sweat dripping from his brow, until he connected with every pitch.

He had juggled three part-time jobs, his muscles aching but his heart swelling with pride. He sent money back home, watching his family's life transform from cramped apartment to a cozy haven. Now, standing in the doorway of his newly opened gym, "Golden Muscle," Jungkook felt a thrill of accomplishment that went beyond bicep curls and deadlifts.

The gym wasn't a gold mine yet, but it was theirs. The sunlight streamed through the windows, illuminating the sweat-slicked treadmills and the rhythmic clang of weights. Park Jimin, his high school friend from Busan, greeted him with a dazzling smile from behind the front desk. Zumba and dance classes had become his new passion, his infectious energy filling the gym with vibrant beats even on slow days.

Kim Namjoon, a walking mountain of muscle and quiet strength, was his other pillar. He trained clients with a gentle intensity, his booming voice a constant encouragement. Jungkook could trust him with his gym, his clients, and his back.

The clientele wasn't as plentiful as his previous gym, but it was a steady trickle. Youngsters drawn by the new name, middle-aged folks seeking a healthier lifestyle, and even a few curious celebrities who appreciated the personal touch. Jungkook knew the struggle, the uphill climb to success.

The gym seemed to mock Jungkook's weary eyes as he hunched over mountains of paperwork. Every rustle of paper felt like a reminder of the burden he carried for his family. The cozy house he'd bought for them, initially a symbol of progress, now felt more like a gilded cage. His father, sprawled on the couch like a beached whale, exuded a miasma of apathy that choked Jungkook's efforts. Min-hee, his sister, juggled motherhood with superhuman grace, her son Jun-hee's infectious laughter the only melody.

Amidst the clutter, a forgotten toy caught Jungkook's eye. A goofy, plush mushroom, Seokjin's parting gift after he'd moved away, a tangible memory of shared laughter. A wave of nostalgia washed over him, tinged with the bitterness of their fading friendship. Seokjin, with his booming laugh and unwavering optimism, had been a lifeline in the early days of the gym, a counterpoint to Jungkook's anxieties. Yet, distance had woven its silent spell, thinning the threads of their once-inseparable bond.

Jungkook pushed open the creaking door, fatigue clinging to him like a second skin. The aroma of his mother's cooking, a beacon of comfort, did little to ease the burden he carried. Yet, the moment he stepped inside, his haven crumbled.

"Jungkook-ah," his mother, etched with worry lines deeper than his own, approached him, her hands clasped. "Jun-suk needs help again."

The name struck him like a punch to the gut. Jung-suk, his younger brother, a perpetual shadow hanging over their family's happiness. Jungkook knew what followed - another crime, another arrest, another exorbitant bail.

"Please, Jungkook," his mother pleaded, her voice raw with desperation. "He's just a boy, led astray by bad friends. He promises this is the last time."

A familiar anger gnawed at him. Jungkook knew the cycle. He'd seen it play out too many times, Jung-suk's mistakes bleeding the family dry, his mother sacrificing everything for a son who seemed incapable of change.

"Eomma," he started, his voice tight, "how many times? I told you, for groceries, for bills, I'll always help. But bail?" He stopped, the words catching in his throat. Each syllable tasted like betrayal, of his own dreams, of his mother's sacrifices. "The answer is... no"

His father, a slumped figure on the couch, stirred. But the memory of their last fight, of Jungkook's harsh ultimatum, kept him silent. "Instead of slacking on the couch, do your responsibility as a father."

Jungkook saw the flicker of hope in his mother's eyes, the desperate wish to believe in another "last time." It was a hope he couldn't afford, a luxury their family didn't have.

"I can't, Eomma," he finally said, the words heavy on his tongue. "This money isn't mine alone. It's Jun-hee's future, it's the dream I'm building for all of us."

His mother's shoulders slumped, her hope extinguished. Tears welled in her eyes, a silent storm brewing. And in that moment, Jungkook saw not just his mother, but a woman weighed down by years of worry, her resilience stretched to its breaking point.

With a sigh that carried the weight of the world, Jungkook reached out and gently touched her arm. "But," he said, his voice softer now, "I won't abandon him either. Find him a lawyer or put him in rehabilitation. Eomma, I'll pay for that. Let's try a different path this time."

~~~~~

The police station's sterile hallway hummed with a low murmur, a stark contrast to the chaotic whirlpool of emotions churning within Jungkook. Beside him, his mother's hand grasped his tightly, worry etched into every line of her face. They approached the desk of a weary-eyed officer, the weight of anticipation heavy in the air.

"Officer Park, we're here for Jung-suk," Jungkook stated, his voice firm despite the tremor in his heart.

The officer looked up, his gaze lingering on Jungkook for a moment before softening slightly. "Ah, yes. Mr. Jeon. Good news, actually. The car theft charges have been dropped."

Jungkook blinked, relief washing over him like a tidal wave. "Dropped? But..."

"Apparently, the complainant reconsidered and decided not to press charges," Officer Park explained. "There was some property damage, but it seems your brother and his friends worked things out with the owner, reached an agreement to cover the repairs."

A wave of gratitude washed over Jungkook. He knew his brother wasn't an angel, but this unexpected turn of events offered a glimmer of hope. He turned to his mother, her eyes widening in disbelief before tears of relief welled up.

"Thank you, Officer Park," Jungkook said, his voice sincere. "We... we really appreciate it."

"Just glad things worked out for the best," Officer Park replied with a tired smile. "Tell your brother to stay on the straight and narrow, alright?" He nodded, the weight of responsibility pressing down on him.

Jungkook and his family, a motley crew bound by blood and circumstance, walked side-by-side, their steps lighter than they had been in ages. The unexpected reprieve hung in the air, a fragile balloon filled with hope.

Jungkook, ever the responsible one, used the moment to deliver a stern lecture. "Look, Jung-suk," he said, his voice laced with relief and frustration, "this was a lucky break. Don't think for a second you can keep playing fast and loose like this. One day, your luck might run out."

Jung-suk, surprisingly subdued, simply shrugged. "Yeah, yeah, hyung," he mumbled, kicking a pebble down the sidewalk. But a mischievous glint flickered in his eyes as he added, "Speaking of luck, that car owner you were talking about, the hot one? He wants to meet you."

A jolt ran through Jungkook. He'd barely processed the good news about the dropped charges, and now his mind was bombarded with questions. "What car owner? What are you talking about?"

Jung-suk grinned, pulling a crumpled letter from his pocket. "This handsome dude gave it to me before we left. Said he wanted to thank you personally for 'saving his car' and all. Seems impressed with your 'big brotherly wisdom.' Wink wink."

Jungkook snatched the letter, his gaze skimming the elegant script. His breath hitched as he recognized the name:

Kim Seokjin. Could it be...

"Seokjin?" he asked, his voice a hoarse whisper.

Jung-suk's grin widened. "The one and only, hyung. Said he runs a fancy restaurant nearby. Looks like you're finally getting a date!"

His mother, bless her meddling heart, smacked Jung-suk on the head. "Don't be ridiculous! Jungkook's too busy for frivolous things like that."

Jungkook clutched the letter, the paper warm against his palm. Excitement warred with trepidation in his chest.

"Seokjin, it's about time we meet again. "

~~~~~~

Thank you for reading my stories. I hope you love my story.

Please vote and comment nice words.Have a nice day ^^Borahae

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

24.1K 1.9K 30
Main ship : Jikook Side ship : Taekook and others ships too Jimin a beautiful man with only mother with him having a beautiful bakery suddenly a ma...
19.7K 1.9K 20
When the good memories slowly fade and are forgotten, Jeon Jungkook must lose a part of himself, maybe almost all of him. Living life like a newborn...
5.2K 303 15
He was alone, but the other one was always there for him, He was scared, but the other one always say sweet words to calm him, when he needed someon...
11.8K 1.7K 26
Two University students with totally opposite lifestyles, met again unexpectedly when they learned they were neighbors. Kim Seokjin, known as the mos...