Dangerous Love (girl x girl)

由 xuelian

Ten years ago, Clara Reagan disappeared mysteriously. Despite continuous efforts of the police, the case even... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A/N
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
A/N
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 51

689 49 3
由 xuelian

Arielle

The next few days went by in a blur. The initial relief brought on by my return had long passed. I barely spoke, not even to Clara. I wasn't exactly depressed, but many things cycled in my mind. I could have handled many things better. I could tell Clara was worried, but she gave me my space as well.

Isabelle was another story. She made me eat something every mealtime. On the third day, she dragged me to take a shower. By the end of the week, she gave me an ultimatum.

"Arielle Reagan," she stood before me with her arms crossed over her chest, not looking the least bit impressed. "I'm not going to stand by and watch this any longer."

I raised an eyebrow at her. The normal me would have countered with some snarky remark such as "then sit down", likely followed with an eye roll. However, I just shrugged.

"Arielle!" She snapped, making me look up at her again. "You're not going to classes, you won't talk to your sister, you haven't reached out to your parents, you won't speak to a therapist, and you wouldn't even eat if I allowed it. This ends now. I know it might sound harsh but I cannot continue to watch you in this state. You will go talk to a therapist, or you will return to class if you wish to pass the semester." She snapped.

"And what do you suggest I tell a therapist?" I countered. "That I was abducted by a gang? That my girlfriend is in a gang and also happens to be my professor?"

At this, she shrugged. "Whatever you want. I know some professionals who wouldn't bat an eye at that."

"So your father knows people, you mean?" I looked up at her. She did not look amused but at least she looked less worried. "Arielle," she repeated, clearly about to start another lecture.

"I'll go back to class with you tomorrow... and take Clara to our parents' place. It should be safe, right?"

Isabelle nodded. "I've had at least ten guys in the area keeping watch since that day. Surprisingly enough, Vincenzo's people have done very little. Even after speaking to Trey, we haven't heard of any plans."

"Does that worry you?" I asked Isabelle after a few moments of silence.

"No," she said sharply. "That's for my father to worry about. My concern is you. I told him many years ago that that I had no interest in joining the family business. When he retires, that will be it." I nodded, not wanting to push the subject. "So you won't talk to anyone about it then?" She said after a moment.

I bit my lip and shook my head. "I'm fine. I'll be fine. I'm tougher than that."

This made Isabelle sigh again. "I don't doubt that, but that's precisely why I'm worried." She got up and stood beside the bed again. "Well, you've made your decision, you'd better start catching up on the materials that you missed. Finals are approaching soon. Oh, and you best speak with you sister if you intend to take her home tomorrow."

This set my nerves off again. As unfair as it was that I hadn't even told my parents that Clara was alive, I couldn't bring myself to speak to them yet. I forced myself up off of the bed and walked towards the door. Isabelle stayed in the room, watching me from behind. I made my way down the halls to the room where Clara had been staying.

Once I approached the door, I knocked on it twice and waited. There was no verbal response, but a few seconds later, Clara opened the door. She seemed very surprised to see me, and her face broke out into a smile as she pulled me into a hug. I tried to relax into the hug, but I hadn't been doing well with touch at all.

When she finally released me, we entered her room together. "How are you feeling?" She asked me anxiously.

"Better." I said simply. I had admittedly been trying to placate her with my response, but contrary to what one might expect, Isabelle's approach to forcing me to make a decision had helped a bit. "I think I should take you home tomorrow."

Clara looked quite startled at this. "Home?"

"Mom and dad's," I clarified, realizing that she probably didn't consider it home after so many years. Was Vincenzo's house home to her? I didn't dare ask.

"Oh," she mumbled, looking down after a moment. "Um, yes. I should see them."

"You don't want to?" I asked, looking at her.

Clara was silent for a minute. "What would I even say to them?" She spoke in a low tone, not looking at me. "Dad told me that Flynn was no good, and I didn't believe him. I left them to worry for so long."

"They won't care about that. You're alive. That's all they ever wanted."

"I dragged you into this hell now." She continued. "I don't know, Ari."

"Clara...I came willingly." I said, looking her in the eye. "Would you not have done the same for me?"

She gave me a sad smile. "I like to think that I would have, but I wouldn't have even known where to start. You've always been the braver one, more headstrong. You saved me, but I can barely stand to see what the days in captivity have done to you."

"I'm fine," I insisted. "What's a few days when you spent years there?"

"But it wasn't always like that, Ari," She looked away again. "I know you think of Tristan as some monster, but I met him at a time when he had just taken over the role from his father. I was just some scared girl whose scumbag teenage boyfriend had sold to settle a drug debt, but he took me in. He's harsh at times, but he was in many ways, my saviour. I love him."

I flinched, noticing that she had spoken in the present tense. "Do you regret helping Isabelle find us?"

"I don't regret getting you to safety if that's what you're asking. You're my sister and I would do it again, many times over." She replied, avoiding my second question. "I suppose you are right that I ought to let mom and dad see me though. I can't hide forever. I'll pack my things, assuming that I will be staying with them."

I hesitated as I stood. Something about the way Clara spoke made me a bit uneasy, but I didn't want to interrogate her about it. She smiled at me again as I left the room and returned towards the direction that I came in. To my surprise, Isabelle's father, Dominic, was exiting her room as I approached. He stopped and waited for me to approach.

I felt my mouth go dry. I was sure that I had caused him quite a bit of trouble, not to mention manpower guarding my parents' house over the past week. I highly doubt that his opinion of me was good by this point.

"Arielle," he started in his low, rumbling voice.

This startled me. Up to this point, he had only referred to me with my surname. "Yes, Mr. Versailles?"

"How are you?"

I was not expecting that. "Fine."

He chuckled, taking me by surprise even more. "My Isabelle said you were stubborn. There is no harm in speaking with someone if you need. I did when my beloved wife passed." He nodded to me with a solemn expression again. "Rest assured that I will continue to keep an eye on your family for the foreseeable future."

For some reason, these simple words drew suppressed emotions deep within me and I swallowed, trying not to tear up. "Thank you, Sir. And thank you for your hospitality over the past week. I will be taking my sister home tomorrow."

He nodded again. "You, of course, are welcome to stay. You make my Isabelle happy. And perhaps it would be for the best for now at least."

"Thank you," I uttered again as he started to walk off. This interaction lifted a small bit of the weight off of my shoulders.

~~~~

The nest morning, I was up early as promised and I was relieved when Isabelle said that it wasn't really necessary for me to put on my entire getup, now that the Black Phoenix members had already seen both my actual face and my getup. It would be safe, she reassured, since her father had stationed people to keep an eye on us at a distance. I was to stay by her side, since Vincenzo would be more hesitant to do anything if it was known that Dominic Versailles was personally invested in my safety.

I was extremely nervous during the car ride over to my parents' house. Neither Isabelle or Clara attempted to make conversation and I was very grateful. I could barely breathe when we exited the car and walked up the path to the front door. I glanced at Clara, who looked at the surroundings.

"It still looks the same," she murmured and I nodded in agreement.

As we approached the front door, I froze and Isabelle gave me a smile of reassurance. I took a few deep breaths before ringing the doorbell. There was a few minutes of silence where we all just waited. Then, the door opened. My father stood in the doorway with an expression of shock as he looked at me, and then Clara.

I gulped. I had hoped that my mother would open the door first. I waited as I saw the realization in his eyes. I opened my mouth to speak, but before I could make a sound, I was pulled into a forceful embrace, along with my sister.

"My girls," he muttered in a choked tone. "You're home."

—————————————————————————
*edited*

Hello, my lovely readers☺️. I will be going back and editing this story tonight so you might see some minor changes. Nothing drastic. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Lots of love,
-Cindy

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

38.3K 3.2K 49
"Just turn around and walk away, sweetheart. I'll be nice and pretend I didn't see you, just for today" With amusement in her tone, Mars gives Amaya...
56.7K 1.7K 22
When radiant dominatrix Lauren decides to take a risk and approach a shy submissive at a well-known S&M Club, sparks instantly fly. Secrets are expos...
13.1K 170 18
18 year old Emily and her mom moves to a new city. She has to face new challenges by finding new friends, going to a new school and finding a job. A...
406K 20.4K 102
It's been a few years since Ani and Cassie have gotten married and been raising their children. The family is filled with love and laughter. Cassie...