The Lost Prince

By itsworthreading

This book is a sequel to 'The Tower Prince'. Do not read it as a standalone. Karan was no more himself afte... More

Author's note
1. Resolution
2. Fears And Hopes
3. Turns
4. Paving A Path
5. Desperation
6. Finding True Self
7. Resentment
8. Acceptance
9. Leap Of Faith
10. New Beginning
11. A Wife
12. Co-exist
13. Void
14. Fears
15. Safe Place
16. Present
18. Offer
19. New Phase
20. Letter
21. Apprehension
22. Home
23. Down the Memory Lane
24. Back Home
25. All That Ends Well...

17. Birthday Gift

480 96 24
By itsworthreading

No one knew what made the Crown Prince so happy that day.
Karan came down running in search of his mother. He knew he would find her in the pooja room. He halted at the threshold of the Pooja room and looked inside. The room was filled with warmth. His mother was sitting on the floor and making her offerings to the idol of Lord Krishna. The tall idol and the entire room was beautifully decorated with long garlands of marigolds. Two tall brass lamps were gleaming proudly. Karan smiled and took off his shoes before entering. He kneeled beside his mother and folded his hands with closed eyes. He knew, the almighty would bless his twin with utmost happiness. His mother looked at him and gave a sad smile. She wished her other son too, to be there with them to celebrate the auspicious day.

Karan opened his eyes and looked at his mother. His eyes were shining with happiness. Next moment, he stood up and bent down to touch her feet. She lovingly threaded her fingers in his hair.

"Happy Birthday." She whispered, trying to maintain a facade for his unwavering smile.

He smiled wider.

"May the almighty fulfil every wish you have. Stay blessed and healthy." She added, knowing very well what his only wish would be.

Karan kneeled in front of her and chuckled, holding her hand in his. He kissed her upturned palm.

She could not stop a single stray tear that left her eye and she looked away. Karan wiped her tears and turned her face to make her look at him.
"The day calls for celebrations. Will you make some Kheer for me?"

She blinked at him. Looking at him smiling after a long time, made her heart flutter. She could not deny the small request.

Karan rushed to meet his father and take his blessings. He then visited his ageing grandfather and touched his feet. His father too, was surprised to see him unusually happy.
The wise old man could see the glint of happiness and felt a warm rush of emotions. Karan was startled when his grandfather held his hand and pulled him to sit beside him.

"Is there something I should know?"

Karan made no effort to hide the shining moisture in his eyes. He lightly hugged the old man he was instantly pulled inside the warm embrace. He felt as if he was a child again. He felt as if he never wanted to grow up. It was the moment he knew, he had done enough and now did not want to take up the responsibility of anything. He wanted to take a step back and wanted everything fixed for him.

He let the warmth seep in him for another long moment and pulled back after a deep sigh. His grandfather held his face in the hollow of his palms and pressed a warm kiss on his forehead.

The staff was surprised when an order of lavish spread for lunch and dinner was placed. It was a long time since anything royal was cooked in the mansion. The family had been too disturbed to think of good food. 

Meera stood up from the wicker chair in the balcony when she heard him enter the room. She knew, she could not be the first one to wish him, but wanted him to let go of everything and live his day. She was skeptical when she walked to him to gauge his mood. He looked up at her and lightly pulled her in his embrace. She was instantly filled with relief and closed her eyes.

"Happy Birthday." She whispered, unsure.

To her utter surprise, he chuckled. She instantly pulled away. It was a long time since she heard him laugh. Though it was not actually a laugh, it was something to start with.
His smile was contagious. She smiled and pushed back his unruly hair on his forehead.

"What makes you so happy today?" She could not stop herself from admiring.

He kissed her forehead and asked her to rest until the breakfast.

Karan left the mansion and walked straight to the ranch where the horses were kept. Among all other, Badal was looked after too. Badal had turned a bit cranky since he could not see his maste. Karan had made sure that the animal was taken good care. Badal did not liked anyone mounting him. Only Samar had tamed him. Badal was left unrestrained in the ranch everyday and he would take the liberty to race another horse which Karan mounted. Karan made sure that Badal was not obliged against his wish to let anyone mount him, but still had a good dose of exercise.
That day when Karan reached the ranch, Badal was grazing leisurely. The moment he saw Karan, he walked to him. Karan parted his head and nuzzled his mane.
He gently stroked the head of the proud beast and placed a warm kiss between his eyes. Badal was used to this affection, but he could never make himself reciprocate the love showered by this human. He wanted his master. But that particular day, even Badal could feel the waves of happiness radiating from Karan. For the first time, Badal gently nudged Karan and neighed softly.

The beast was in action when Karan mounted another horse and kicked him lightly. Badal neighed loudly and took off to match the speed of the wind.

Samar looked at Radhika as she was looking out of the window of the car hired by him. They were off to visit the temple after a hearty breakfast. Samar had seen her wearing a beautiful red Saree and told her that she could change into something more comfortable as it would be a long walk up the hill towards the temple. Radhika had just replied that she was fine with that outfit.
The car stopped at the foothills of the temple and Radhika stepped out to look at the tall hill. A small whitewashed building of the temple with orange flag was visible from where they stood.
She looked at Samar, who was already looking at her.

"Ready?" He asked, to which she nodded with smile.

Samar led her to a stall where they sold the things needed to make the offerings. He purchased a full plate that had a coconut, flower garlands, sweets and a red veil bordered with golden lace.

Samar led the way and Radhika followed. She was mesmerized by the beauty of the Mother Nature visible the valley below. The green shawl wrapped around the brown shoulders of Mother Nature took her breath away. Step on step they climbed for time unknown. They were hit by chilling breeze as the reached the top.

They were climbing the final stairs of the temple and the entire temple was visible now. Painted in white and hues of red, the place was divine and serene. A peaceful yet powerful aura of Maa Durga made their head bowed in respect. Samar and Radhika removed their footwear and stepped in. She was surprised that no one was at the temple except for the priest.

Radhika stood their with folded hands and closed eyes as she prayed for all the happiness of her husband and his family.

"Radhika?" She opened her eyes and looked at him when Samar called her.

She stepped closer to him and looked at the priest offering the Thalia of Pooja to the deity. The idol was beautiful. Drapped in a red saree, the idol looked as if Maa Durga has graced the temple to bless them. A warm wave of peace filled her heart.

"Do you know why I brought you here?" Samar asked, looking at her.

Radhika blinked at him. She had asked him the same, but he had refused to answer that question.

Samar looked at the idol and then back at her.
"This has been our family deity. My ancestors have worshipped her and believed in her. We have believed that she is the one that has the power to bring the lost hope. We have always bowed down to her before we initiated anything big. I wanted to bring you here and seek her blessing."

Radhika smiled hearing him. His words were a proof enough that he believed in his family's virtues.

"I want to initiate a new start with you, Radhika." He added and she was startled.

He waited for her to reply but she went numb and did not know what he meant.
"We can perform the rituals of a marriage, if you find it appropriate."

Radhika was too stunned to reply anything. She did not believe what she heard. She looked at the deity for a moment and then back at him. She recalled a particular moment when he had told her that he had stopped believing in rituals.

"You said you didn't believe in rituals." She could not help but ask.

"But it matters to you. I don't want you to think that we are bound just by a signature. We both know what we mean to each other. I can survive with this fact. But I also know that you need an assurance. I am ready to offer whatever you desire." He replied with utmost sincerity.

Radhika could not stop the mist in her eyes. The smile and shy blush on her cheeks gave him all the answers.

"Come." He extended his hand which she accepted and placed not only her hand but her trust in his offered hand.

It was a surprise for her to know that Samar had already made preparations for it, knowing very well that she would not deny.
The priest happily performed all the wedding rituals and Samar tied a long gold mangalsutra in her neck, making her think of the mangalsutra that she had locked in the Shekhawat mansion. Her eyes were filled with happy tears when Samar filled her hair partition with a pinch of vermilion. The seven rounds around holy fire were her dream come true and she received a best gift on his birthday.

Samar did not hesitate to wrap an arm around her, while she had free flowing hair, her hair partition freshly filled with vermilion and their necks adorned with rose garlands as he took a selfie with their smiling face, and Maa Durga blessing them in the background.

------------------------------

Another chapter up.

Do you all think I should put as target for votes and comments? 

Please vote and comment.
Love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 117K 26
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
2.7M 95.7K 73
#1 In India out of 45.8k stories #1 on Prince out of 40k stories #1 on Arrange marriage out of 27k stories #4 on Hate #9 on Billionaire #1 on Jodhp...
22.9K 4.2K 24
It's not possible to stay away from the person you love the most. But what happens when death seperates two souls? Can people return after death to b...
77.3K 3.2K 11
Pragya was married to Karan and thought to give a chance for their marriage life. When Pragya miserably fails in her marriage life, how her life chan...