Chef's Kiss || Joshua

By xutaytay

Lost&Found universe book #3 Joshua discovers a newfound interest in Yumi, the new girl in town. Their love... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Bonus chapter

2

1.3K 55 16
By xutaytay

yumm_yummi story

Yumi was nervous for the girls' night out, she would definitely prefer if they would spend the night home watching a movie, with pizza and drinks.

They decided to get together in Sunhee house, to start the night the right way. While Gyuri was doing Areum make up, Hana was appreciating her work on Yumi.

"I'm really good at my job" Hana said flipping her hair

"The model helped" Yumi shrugged

"Oh.... You're not leaving without a boy today"

"Okay, so that's the plan for tonight?" Sunhee asked, winking at her.

"No. I'm so done with boys"

"I definitely understand you " Gyuri appeared and wrapped an arm around her

"Like you're not obsessed for Geonwoo" Yumi rolled her eyes

"And we need to find a boy for you to do the same" Areum smiled at her

Sunhee nodded in agreement, "Sounds good to me. Since you're back you only got shitty dates and no action"

Yumi rolled her eyes, "Oh come on. Let's talk about my love life. I'm ok like this"

Hana laughed, "I can't help it if I'm a hopeless romantic. Let us find you a man that will drool looking at you, that will buy you food and take care of you."

"Since when you are a hopeless romantic?" Areum asked

"Since Hannie" Hana winked at her

The three of them shared a laugh before heading out to the bar.

As soon as they arrived, they were greeted with loud music and a lively atmosphere. They found a table and ordered some drinks, already feeling the buzz of the alcohol.

As the night went on, they danced, sang all the songs and continue drinking . Yumi was starting to feel a bit disheartened, but she didn't want to bring down the mood of the night.

Eventually, it was time to head home. Sunhee invited Yumi to sleep at her place, she tried to do the same with Gyuri but she went straight to her boyfriend house.

The next morning, Yumi woke up to the sound of Pea crying,from her room. She got up and went to grab her.

"Let's get your parents a little more time to sleep. And I slept.." she looked at her phone " 2 hours. Pea, I need coffee and you need milk. Does you mom has her milk in the fridge?"

The baby put her tiny hand in Yumi mouth and smiled. " I'll take that as an yes"

Just as they were about to have breakfast, there was a knock on the door. Yumi went to answer it, looking at the camera she saw a familiar face.

"Hey, Joshy . What brings you here?" Yumi asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

"I, uh, just came pick up Dk. We're supposed to have breakfast together before work," Joshua said, smiling at Yeseul "aren't you the cutest thing?"

"She is, and the hungriest too. I do know you're not a killer so I guess you can come in while I give her milk"

"Are you sure? Better take the knifes out of the way"

Yumi smiled and open the fridge " your friend is still sleeping"

"And why are you here?"

"Too tired to drive home, Sunhee said I could sleep here"

"Good night?"

Yumi shrugged " I don't like clubs too much but it was a good night"

"You know your friends love clubbing?"

"I know, but I don't think they'll convert me" she smiled " want some coffee while you wait?"

"Good morning" Dk appeared with a sleepy face "hey pea" he grabbed her baby from Yumi arms "thank you for taking her"

"No worries. I guessed you two needed a rest"

"Yeah, Sunhee is still sleeping" he smiled " can you take Pea while I go out with Joshua?"

"You don't need to ask. Go"

"Joshua give me 5 minutes. Yumi is good company"

"I know" Joshua said looking at her

Dk looked at both of them, tilting his head and went inside.

"Busy day?" She asked him

"Some meetings but it's ok when you work with your family"

"Dk it's a really good person. He and Sunhee were the best when I came here"

"Why did you come back?"

"Miss my parents" she smiled " they were over the moon when I said I was coming back"

"I know that feeling. It's hard being away from my mom"

"How was moving here?"

"Scaring. First day I met them I thought I was surrounded by crazy people. They're indeed crazy but the best people I could ask to be with me"

"Crazy beats normal" Yumi chuckled " isn't that right pea?"

The baby starts smiling and giggling as Yumi tickles her

"I'm ready" Dk comes out of the room smiling ear to ear "bye baby" he kissed his daughter and took his keys

"Nice to see you again, Joshy"

"The pleasure was all mine. Maybe I'll see you around sometime" Joshua replied, giving her a charming smile before leaving.

Not even one second after the door slammed shut, Sunhee was out of her room similing at Yumi.

"You and Dk were eavesdropping weren't you?"

"What the hell was that? Pea, were they flirting with each other?"

"No, we were talking. It was your man who left us alone. Should I ignore him?" Yumi rolled her eyes

"No one ignores Joshua, or Joshy ?" Sunhee hugged her friend "I'm taking credits if you two get together"

"We were talking women!"

"You two were flirting. The pleasure was all mine?! Girl that was flirting, Joshua is nice and all but I never heard him say that"

"You're over reacting" Yumi laughed giving Sunhee a cup of coffee

After Yumi left Sunhee's house, she decided to retreat to her own place for some much-needed solace.

She loved being with the girls but she's now running low on batteries.

As she entered her apartment, the weight of the night began to fade away. Yumi headed straight for the shower, allowing the warm water to relax her muscles.

As Yumi stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself in a fresh towel, she remembered she's supposed to meet Gyuri. Dressing quickly, when she opened the door she caught sight of something out of the corner of her eye. There, propped against her door, was a single red rose.

"What?" She looked around but didn't saw anyone "that's weird"

Meanwhile, Dk and Joshua found themselves discussing this as they enjoyed a casual conversation.

Dk couldn't help but tease Joshua about his apparent interest in Yumi " So I guess now I know why you took some time grabbing our food yesterday "

"I took the normal time. Why are you smiling like that?"

"You and Yumi"

"There's no me and Yumi. I met her twice"

"You can't hide it from me but ok. I'll keep my mouth shut" he reassured Joshua that their conversation would remain confidential between them.

Joshua rolled his eyes at Dk's teasing but he can't denied he liked talking with Yumi.

"Are you thinking about her?" Dk interrupted his train of thoughts

"Aish let's go"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 137 39
She was left broken by her lover-or who used to be her lover.She moved to Seoul hoping to start anew.She moves in with her brother and his friends at...
49.6K 1K 37
Ari is a typical quiet girl, only focusing on her studies after a boy plays with her. After that, no boy has been capable of getting near her. One d...
584 49 18
Three once inseparable brothers have now become distant and cold to each other. A tragedy of the past has become a trauma of the present. What will b...
1K 14 19
A story with seventeen. A break up, that made the hearts of a young teen break a million pieces as it made like the world is gonna end on her part. Y...