Mr. Incredible | WooSan

By dejawoo01

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ a woosan superhero story inspired by the pixar movie mr. incredible *ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✧*̥˚ san despised wooyoung... More

Prologue
Part One: Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Part Two: Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII

Chapter VIII

65 9 4
By dejawoo01

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

The next morning San awoke to his phone ringing obnoxiously in his ears, abruptly tearing him from his well deserved sleep.

"What the.." he stretched his arm out in the direction of the noise, feeling for the phone. When he finally grasped it, he accepted the call without checking the caller ID, assuming it was just Mingi anyway. Too tired to confirm, he answered it anyway.

"What is it?" his groggy voice seeping of sleep.

"Oh, ehm... San?" The voice on the other end asked. In his half asleep state San thought that Mingi's voice had gone back to puberty again judging from the high octave of it.

"Hmm, yea?" He mumbled, not able to stifle a yawn.

He heard some shuffling on the other side.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

San was getting agitated at that point, why wouldn't Mingi just get to the fucking point already?!

"Yes you did. Now what the fuck do you need, Mingi!?"

"Mingi? San, it's Wooyoung."

San abruptly sat up, all sleep seemingly leaving his body, eyes torn open as widely as his jaw.

"You know what, I'll just call you back-" 

Wooyoung started to pull back, but San didn't let him.

"Wait, no! I thought you were a friend of mine. Sorry for cursing," San apologized, his checks sporting a deep crimson. How could he be so stupid? Thinking Wooyoung was Mingi when their voices sounded nothing alike. While Mingi sounded like turning on a lawn mower in an endless loop, Wooyoung's voice was much softer and higher in comparison. Not that he analyzed his voice or anything, the younger just loved to talk.

"Wow, I'm hurt. I thought I was a friend of yours!" He said in a fake offended voice. 

San could already imagine how he pressed his palm to his forehead, head facing the skies and eyes closed for extra effect. Or maybe it was just his sleep immersed brain making up weird shit.

"Don't worry though, you're not the first one to curse me out today!" His voice sounding cheery all of a sudden. This man should seriously seek some help for his mood swings, San really had trouble keeping up with him.

"Anyway, what do you need?" San deflected, his tiredness seeping back in now that the adrenaline rush ran out. 

Wooyoung gasped as if San just insulted his grandmother.

"It's obviously about the fun mission! I gave it a new name by the way. We're gonna call them 'fun missans'!" He proudly declared, his smile practically audible.

"No way in hell I'll call it that."

Wooyoung gasped yet again, "Yes, you will! I made that name up for you!" 

"I didn't ask you to make shit up! Also, it's 8 in the morning on a Saturday, why are you up so early?" San asked, truly confused why the other was bothering him so early on a weekend.

"I told you! We'll go on our first fun missan today. So get up and get ready, I'll meet you outside in an hour!"

"What? No I-" San tried to say, but Wooyoung already hung up on him.

Confused and tired, San called him right back, "Pick up, pick up, pick up."

"Oh, hi San! What's up?" He heard on the other end.

"Don't 'what's up' me!" San exclaimed, "I just woke up and I can't deal with you and your stupid mission so early in the morning!"

"Yah! We made a deal!" Wooyoung refuted.

San groaned, how was he so stubborn already at ass o' clock in the morning. 

"Okay, listen. We'll go on that dumb mission today. But I need more time, alright?"

It was Wooyoung's turn to groan now, "Fiiine. You're such a party pooper for real." 

San could practically see his eye roll from here.

"Perfect. I'll text you once I'm ready, bye," 

And with that he hung up, not trusting Wooyoung to come up with another stupid idea at the last second. The moment he pressed 'end call' he dropped back down into bed and let out a sigh.

Peace, at last.

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

"Finally!  You took your sweet time." He heard Wooyoung complain once he met him at the curb.

San had texted him at 1pm to meet him in half in hour.

Currently it was 2pm and San just left the house. If that may or may not be revenge for Wooyoung waking him up that morning, then that was nobody's business.

"I'm here now, aren't I?" San asked deflated, "So what's the plan?" 

He didn't have high hopes for this mission to be of any fun for him at all but rather having to pretend to like Wooyoung for the sake of their deal.

"it's a surprise," Wooyoung said, leading him to his car, "I'll drive this time!"

About thirty minutes later they arrived at a big park with a big green space and multiple sports courts adjacent to it. Balls and sports equipment of all kinds were strewn all over, a couple people hanging out or playing were scattered across the grand complex. Luckily the weather was good and so was San's mood, seeing all this nature and the sun really did wonders for his wellbeing.

"Come on!" Wooyoung got out the car and signaled for San to follow. 

He walked towards a little reception hut at the front of the park entrance. The little white hut seemed empty though and no matter how many times Wooyoung called for someone to answer, it was in vain. Suddenly a tall young man jogged up to them, waving at them from the distance already. 

"Wooyoung, hey!" He shouted.

Wooyoung turned around and apparently recognized him, judging from his eyes widening.

"Yah, Yunho-ah! What kind of service is that? I've been waiting here for at least an hour!" He exclaimed towards the tall boy. Of course in reality it hadn't even been five minutes. The taller just chuckled, embracing Wooyoung once he reached them in a big hug.

"You're so full of shit. I've seen you arrive two minutes ago!" He laughed. Suddenly his eyes landed on San and his smile slightly faltered, "Aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?"

Once San got a good look at the boy, he noticed that he looked kind of familiar. Did he know him from somewhere? He couldn't exactly pinpoint where he saw him before.

"Oh, yeah. Yunho, this is San. San, Yunho." Wooyoung pointed from him to the other. 

San and Yunho looked at each other with hesitant smiles.

"Nice to meet you." San finally said with an outstretched hand.

Yunho shook it, his smile growing bigger, "Nice to meet you, too!" He exclaimed, immediately asking, "So how do you and Wooyoung know each other? Normally I know about all his friends."

Oh shit. How was he supposed to answer that without revealing his superhero identity? After all, he only knew Wooyoung in the context of work, otherwise he would've never gone for someone as loud and obnoxious as him.

As San began to stammer, Wooyoung luckily took over, "We met at an ice cream shop not too long ago." 

Not bad, so far it wasn't even a complete lie.

"He looked so lonely with his one scoop of boring ass chocolate ice cream that I couldn't resist talking to him,"

San immediately looked at Wooyoung with an incredulous expression.

"Excuse-" 

But before San could protest, Wooyoung threw his arm around his shoulder and forced a smile.

"Since then we're practically inseparable!" 

He squeezed San's shoulder, signaling him to play along. So San suppressed his groan and forced an equally as constrained smile on his face. 

"That's our story.." he said, shaking off Wooyoung's arm and inconspicuously rolling his eyes.

 Yunho seemed to believe them though and replaced Wooyoung's arm with his own. 

"Any friend of Wooyoung's is a friend of mine!" He said. His other arm went around Wooyoung and so he led them inside the big park.

"So Wooyoung, did I understand correctly? You guys just wanna try out 'everything'?" Yunho asked the shorter, who nodded his head vigorously like a little kid, his eyes the size of saucers.

"If that's the case I'll just give you two some all-access passes," Yunho told them once they were inside the gates.

"That would be perfect, Yunho! Thank you so much!" Wooyoung beamed at that, throwing himself at him in a tight hug. They seemed to be very touchy people these two, nothing San was familiar with.

Once Yunho handed them their passes he left them with a 'have fun' and then he was already gone with the wind the moment San turned around. Weird.

"So what do you wanna do first? Any sports you like?" Wooyoung asked him, completely unbothered by the tall boy's more than sudden departure. Well, if Wooyoung could be cool about it, so could San. Thus he answered in a nonchalant manner, "How do you feel about basketball?"

The basketball court was not far from them, and after they equipped themselves with a basketball each, they startled off by dribbling around. After some time San attempted his first layup and succeeded, relieved that he didn't embarrass himself in front of the younger right of the bat. Upon seeing San throw a basket, Wooyoung also tried one himself. The ball grazed and rounded the hoop but ultimately fell off the side. San couldn't help but cheer internally, but apparently some satisfaction must've showed on his face when Wooyoung looked at him with squinted eyes. 

"Stop laughing at me!"

"What? I'm not laughing!" San said, definitely laughing by now.

Wooyoung gasped, "Yes, you are!" 

He threw the basketball at San, who caught it effortlessly. "How about a match then?"

San thought about it. Until now Wooyoung hadn't shown much of a talent at playing, given his missed shot just now. On the other hand San had been playing since he was 16. He concluded that chances stood good for him and so he accepted. 

"Sure, if you wanna lose so badly." He teased and threw the ball back at Wooyoung with more force. 

He didn't have any trouble catching it though, and just gave San a mischievous grin, "It's on."

They stood across from each other, hands stemmed on their knees and staring at the ball lying in the middle right between them, a serious look on their faces.

"3.."

"2.."

"1."

They both ran towards the ball at full speed, San grasping it first but Wooyoung sneakily stealing it from his hold, immediately dribbling it in the direction of the basket. When San noticed that he lost the ball, he ran after him in order to prevent him from scoring.

Wooyoung was already in position to throw the ball, lifting it over his head on the side line. San decided to stand in front of him, covering his field of vision with his body. Wooyoung huffed and tried to dodge him but San wouldn't budge, following him around. The shorter seemed to have enough and took position to throw again, focusing his eyes on the free space he could see the basket behind San. 

The latter thought it was impossible for him to score anyway since they were standing a good bit behind the three point line and just watched him raise the ball. The moment Wooyoung threw it, both watched the ball fly into the air, nearing the basket.

It came a bit too close for San's liking though and he ran after it, but it was already too late, the ball had gone through the hoop effortlessly. All he could do was to catch the rebound and listen to Wooyoung's screams of celebration.

Since when was he so good at playing?

San was determined now, he couldn't accept him getting the first points, all the way from downtown, too.

He took a deep breath and concentrated his focus towards the basket. In his peripheral vision he could see Wooyoung nearing but not coming close enough for him to be of any danger yet. San dribbled towards the net in order to score another layup. This time Wooyoung did try to stop him, jumping up high to jeopardize the move. But San reacted quickly and dribbled the ball underneath Wooyoung's legs to score a shot from the other side of the basket. Wooyoung could only watch San dunk the ball in his face, swinging back and forth on the hoop once more and finally hopping down. He gave Wooyoung a cocky grin and went back to the middle line.
Since Wooyoung didn't catch the rebound they had to repeat the countdown from the beginning.

This time around the fire inside their eyes had been ignited though and burned vigorously, a bit of sweat accumulating on their foreheads already. The game just became much more serious than before, as both of them felt triggered by the other's teasing behavior and the need to be the ultimate winner.

San recognized that he had underestimated Wooyoung, the shorter was better than he originally let on. Winning was a matter of honor now that he had a worthy opponent, and so he would.

"3, 2, 1."

Again both charged for the ball, this time San could keep it in his grasp despite Wooyoung's struggles. He booked it towards the net, trying to score before the redhead even reached him but his efforts were in vain because Wooyoung appeared in front of him like out of nowhere and blocked San with outstretched arms. San wouldn't let himself be bothered by it though and sidestepped him skillfully splashing the ball from the two point line. This time Wooyoung got the rebound and booked it to the opposite net, attempting to dunk like San did. San followed him and watched for a second how Wooyoung would go about this since he was significantly shorter than the basket. He saw him bending at the knees and jumping forward to hang onto the hoop but he didn't reach high enough and so he tossed the ball up the last meters. That's when San reacted and jumped to block the net momentarily. The disruption caused the ball to circle the hoop again but to Wooyoung's luck this time it eventually went through.

"Fuck." San exclaimed, seeing how Wooyoung grew cockier by the second, his winning parade consisting of getting on his knees and hitting his chest like a gorilla, emitting similar sounds as well.

This would be a long game.

Their back and forth play went on for a while, landing them at a score of 22 to 23 in San's favor. At that point both were out of breath, only the adrenaline keeping them going. They decided beforehand they would play until 25 points so the end was near, San only had to score a two-point ball until victory would be his.

Wooyoung wasn't making this easy for him though, always on the lookout for San's next move, his hawk eyes following his every step, his arms protruding at every shot he took. San had to be extra careful not to reveal his strategy and make his final move at the very last second so that he could bring the points home. At the same time it was becoming increasingly harder to block the shorter, his jumping abilities were really otherworldly and his aim too precise. San was convinced they were equal partners, even though their strengths laid in varying areas.

 Nevertheless San was confident that he will win this, he just had to stop Wooyoung from hitting a three-pointer.

Currently he had ball possession and tried to shoot around Wooyoung's defense which consisted of tirelessly following San's movements and flailing his arms around to maximize the blocking effect. San has had enough of the other's persistent attempts though and advanced forward. Wooyoung saw through his plan and didn't budge, keeping up his blockade.

San pushed and shoved with his back against him but to no avail. He had to go about this in a calmer manner. So he straightened up and stood chest to chest with Wooyoung, dribbling the ball behind him. Wooyoung looked at him daringly, waiting for his next move that he would sabotage. San suddenly made eye contact with the shorter and stepped up very close to him, basically pressing himself against Wooyoung's chest. That move caught him off guard and he momentarily lost focus, looking at San with wide eyes. San used that little moment and shoved against him hardly, sending him tumbling and giving San the momentum he needed for his final shoot. The ball dropped cleanly through the basket, signaling San's long-awaited victory. San let out a breath he didn't notice he was holding, stemming his hands on his knees, out of breath.

He did it, he did it, he did-

"Hey! That was totally a foul!" He suddenly heard the other shout, just now standing up from the ground San catapulted him into.

"Don't be a sore loser Wooyoung! I clearly won," San retorted out of breath, unable to deal with his bullshit excuses after the exhausting game.

"I'm serious! You literally shoved me to the ground!" The younger argued, pointing at the floor to emphasize his claim. 

"I demand a free throw!" He stomped his foot.

San scoffed, that went too far. Fine, maybe he did go a little rough on him but that was the game, no need to get butthurt over it.

"Don't be ridiculous." He dismissed.

"Fine, then I don't accept your win." Wooyoung crossed his arms which grew to be a familiar picture for San, seeing Wooyoung sulking was like watching a toddler throw a tantrum, all bark but no bite.

"I don't need your confirmation!" San exclaimed, not bothered in the slightest by his immature behavior.

"Then I want a rematch!" He heard him say now.

"That's even worse than a free throw!? How is that supposed to convince me?" San sneered. 

Was he out of his mind? San didn't give his blood, sweat and tears into this game just to possible lose in a rematch, no fucking way! 

"You know what, fine. You'll get your stupid free throw!" He acquiesced, too tired and lazy to argue with him any longer. And what was the harm of a free throw anyway? It wouldn't change anything about the end result, which was San's triumph.

So how petty Wooyoung was, he stepped up to the free throw line and landed the ball effortlessly, giving San an eye roll right after.

"You happy now?" San asked, sitting on the ground and leaning back on his arms, facing the sun.

Wooyoung joined him after getting them some water bottles from a cool box nearby and threw one at San, which landed unceremoniously on San's lap making him grunt.

"Very," Wooyoung grinned.

After they downed their water like starved camels, they wondered what to do next. 

"Have you been here before?" San asked, wanting to seek out his options.

"Yes, all the time! Since it's Yunho's park he lets me enter for free," Wooyoung boasted happily.

Speaking of Yunho, San knew he recognized that guy from somewhere, maybe Wooyoung could give him any clues. 

"So how do you and Yunho know each other?"

Wooyoung, who was soaking up the sun and had his eyes closed, hummed in thought and then replied, "We met at the academy."

San's eyes went wide at that piece of information, "You mean the academy?" 

The same academy that trained superheroes and was the only institution in the country to ensure a debut as a hero after graduation? That could only mean that Yunho was..

"Yea, that academy." Wooyoung laughed, "I thought you figured it out already!" He added.

"Figured what out?"

Wooyoung now looked at him with a disbelieving expression, "That Yunho is Flash!"

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

a/n: yayyy new character unlocked🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 3.7K 20
[COMPLETE] ATEEZ wooyoung/san "he's just so perfect. do you know heather? for me, that's him." "..dude, heather's a girl." (full synopsis inside) -a...
462 30 7
✨originally posted on my AO3 account: wolfsbanex 🌺summary: Wooyoung, a member of the popular idol group ATEEZ is on vacation with his group when h...
6.9K 577 34
wooyoung meets san, forgetting his reality temporarily. wooyoung was having so much fun with san that he forgot the black hole that was slowly eating...
167K 6K 40
From childhood best friends to high school enemies, but one detention later, you become friends with benefits. 𝑌𝑈𝑁𝐻𝑂𝑥𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐷𝐸𝑅 ATEEZ high s...