Turning Tides | P. Jackson Bo...

By MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ For the Black Sheep of the family. Even though you try somehow it's still your fault. You'r... More

Cast
The Gods
I'm A What?
You're A Real Problem
We've Got A New Kid
We've Got A New Kid [pt 2]
Let's Go On A Quest
Let's Go On A Quest [pt 2]
Was That A Chimera?
It's Ares
Who Are You?
This Isn't Good
Where's Luke?
She's Your Sister!
He's A Cyclops
Grover's Wedding Dress
He's Afraid of The Dark
I'm Going To Die In The Sea
My Name is Thalassa
You Need A Little Help?
I'm Sorry Ayden
Thalia
Prophesiezed
Merry Christmas
Hello Again
I Refuse
Family
Immortality
First Greek Party
Camp
Brutal
She's Not Judgemental
Esmeray Cromwell
Grover's In Trouble
Addy
Mr. Di Angelo
Always
The Fate of Olympus
I Promised You
Brat
I Know You're Tired
Ayden Made A Gun
Is This A Date?
I'm Having Fun
Updated Cast *OLDER*
Real Talk
Happy Birthday
God Killer
Wanted
Lo Mein
I'm Ready To Hurt Some Shiny Kids
For Old Times Sake
Bigger Threats
Swear On The River Styx
Dylan's Candy Shop
Eris Cursed Her

We're Leaving

44 1 0
By MayLarie10

Book 2 - The Sea Of Monsters

"I had a dream last night," Ki blurted out. Ayden turned around to look at him. The two of them were on border patrol for the next few minutes. When they were relieved, they got to go watch the chariot races.

"I'm glad, usually people dream when they sleep," Ayden shot back. She looked through the woods for any kind of movement.

"No," Ki chuckled. "I mean an unusual one. Everything was dark." Ayden faced him again. "By that look, I'm going to assume you have a similar one."

"Was it," She looked around them. She wasn't going to get into trouble for saying his name, but she didn't want anyone else to know. "Kronos?"

"I think so," Ki furrowed his brows. "He didn't talk."

"Then how do you know?" Ayden asked. Ki leaned against one of the trees as he crossed his arms.

"He just laughed most of the time and I know it's him because of the presence. Usually, in the darkness, I'm not scared because I'm a part of the darkness, but this time," He shook his head. "This time I knew I wasn't alone and I think that's what terrified me more than anything. For once in my life I wasn't the one in control of the darkness around me." He stared off into the distance as he lost himself in his thoughts.

"He wants me for something," Ayden admitted. "He wants me on his side."

"For your power probably," Ki explained. Ayden looked at him and he could see her emotions shift. "I won't let him have you."

"I'm not worried about that," Ayden shook her head. "He knows I have friends. He knows you are the only thing I have left to care for. I don't know what he could do to you all and you know I would protect you all with everything I have left." Ki gave her a tight smile.

"Family is worth dying for," He gave her a tight smile. They could hear the sound of the metal gear as the other guards took their shifts. "Are we ready to see Annabeth win?"

"You mean Clarisse?" Ayden laughed. Ki grimaced.

"Don't bring her up. Annabeth's chariot is going to win," Ki smirked. Ayden shoved him a little as they weaved through the trees.

"Are you just saying that because you like her or is there a real reason?" Ki didn't deny it as they walked through camp. "Just tell her."

"Uhm, no," Ki shook his head. "She wouldn't—she won't." He was starting to stutter. Ayden touched his arm.

"Well breathe Ki, she likes you too, but I understand, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rush you're fifty-step process," Ayden laughed at him as they linked arms.

"I'm in it for the long game, everything is too complicated right now also I'm very sure that her mother would curse her if she ever admitted anything to me. The child of Eris isn't exactly something to brag about." Ki grimaced. They saw the stands as the campers filled in. "I'm going to tell her good luck." They split apart as he went to Annabeth, while Ayden went to Percy and Tyson.

"How's it looking boys?" She asked. Tyson gave her a big smile.

"Great," He jumped off the chariot and picked her up off the ground.

"Oh," She winced as he squeezed the air from her lungs.

"Don't hurt her Tyson, light hugs," Percy warned him. Tyson put her down and patted her arms.

"Sorry, sorry," He smiled.

"Do you're best and don't let Clarisse kill you please," Ayden joked as she walked toward the pegasi as she pet them. Percy watched her brush her hand across their mane. He could hear the way the horses spoke about Ayden. They liked her presence, her soul.

"Anything for you," Percy mumbled as he adjusted the reigns of the horses. Tyson stared at his brother oddly.

"What?"

"Nothing," Percy secured the ropes.

"Annabeth is going to take you out with ease," Ki smirked as he walked past with his hands in his pockets. Ayden hit his arm as she shook her head.

"Shut it," She glared. Ayden turned back to Tyson and Percy. "Have fun and don't trample each other." She moved back into the stands joining Cameron and Ki. They were sitting on the first row. The Ares children were on the other side and scattered throughout the stands were the other god's children waiting for their chariots to start.

"Placing bets!" One of the Hermes kids called. Ayden shook her head as Ki pulled out a drachma.

"Don't you dare," Cameron laughed at him. Tantalus got ready as he instructed the charioteers what the rules were. Then he called out for them to ready themselves as he raised his hand. As it dropped each of them took off. Just as it started Apollo and Hermes chariots clipped each other as they collided with each other's chariots and horses.

"Damn," Cameron grimaced. "The twins were really excited."

"Ope," Ayden muttered. Clarisse speared the Demeter chariots watching as they brought and tumbled into the grass. "Sorry, Cameron."

"No hard feeling," She shrugged. Clarisse was leading the race. Annabeth behind her. Percy and Berkendorf were getting close to one another. Ayden chewed the inside of her lip as she watched the two of them stab at one another.

"Hey," Ki looked at the trees. "Why are there so many birds?" They watched as Clarisse and Annabeth got closer to the forest. The birds seemed to get spooked as they rose in the air. Swarms of them as they spotted the sky.

"That's not—." Cameron was cut off as the shrieks started. The birds dove for the crowd.

"Ki!" Ayden yelled as she jumped into action. She teleported behind the stands and through the forest. She needed a net. Blood-curdling screams erupted from the stands. Ayden grabbed the net and teleported back quickly.

"Ayden!" Annabeth yelled as she threw the neck over a solid portion of the birds protecting some of the campers. They all had scratches on them. Ayden was constantly teleporting at such a fast rate that the birds moved through her. Annabeth got out of her chariot and was almost stunned at how holo Ayden was. She didn't know she could shift that fast. 

"The big house! We need Chiron's music!" She yelled over the screaming. Ki and Cameron were using their magic as fast as they could to take out the birds as the other campers struggled to defend themselves. Ayden teleported into the big house as she struggled to find the music box.

"Yes!" She grabbed it and teleported back as she hit play and then turned the volume up to full. Tyson and Percy were hitting some birds as they started to settle. Clarisse came around the finish line of the chariot path. She had thrown a net over herself and her second. Ayden wanted to scoff, but she didn't have that much focus. She was breathing heavily as the birds started to run into one another. Annabeth yelled out at other campers instructing them to fire at the birds now that they were confused. Ayden rested her head in her hand as she fought through a dizzy spell.

"Hey," Percy knelt beside her. "You okay?"

"I'm great," She blinked a few times. "This is a lot of fun." Percy helped her up.

"Well you were right," He muttered. They both turned to see Clarisse jump out of her chariot. The bird's chirps had finally died down. Annabeth had turned off the music and all seemed to calm.

"Bravo!" Tantalus applauded. He looked at Ayden and then past her. "We have our first winner!" He walked past everyone toward Clarisse handing her the golden laurel. She was stunned, but it quickly faded as she threw her hands in the air. Other Ares kids cheered for her. "Now to punish the troublemakers." Tantalus walked over and looked at Annabeth and Percy. "You both come with me." Ki and Cameron came to Ayden's sides as she glared at Tantulus as he walked the two back to the big house.

"He's going to blame them for this," Ki scoffed.

"Of course he is," Ayden rolled her eyes. "If he wasn't already dead, I would kill him again, I swear."

"I worry for you sometimes," Cameron muttered. "But I agree."

"Thank you." Ki and Ayden said at the same time.

Annabeth and Percy were on dish duty and cleaned up after the whole bird disaster. Tantalus decided that they were going to have a feast in Clarisse's honor and it would be with the Stymphalian birds. Cameron, Ki, and Ayden had to sit at their separate tables. Ayden was standing near one of the pillars as she picked at her food.

"Ayden!" Tyson yelled. He waved his hand proudly in the air. Ayden smirked and moved over to their table. She could see Mr. D glaring at her as she moved closer to the cabin 3 table, but she didn't sit down so she didn't break any rules.

"Hey boys," She smirked.

"You were amazing," Tyson smiled.

"Do you like camp so far?" she set her plate down. "It's pretty fun right?"

"Oh definitely," Tyson nodded. He was staring at her plate.

"Do you want this?" She pushed the plate closer to him. He laughed and put her bird on his plate taking a bite.

"Tyson—never mind," Percy chuckled as Tyson smirked at him with the chicken in his teeth.

"Ki told me we might be confronting Tantulus and Mr. D for a quest, is that true? Also when?" Ayden put her hands on the table as she leaned forward.

"Hopefully soon, the longer we waste being here, the more danger Grover is in," Percy explained. Cameron and Ki stood up as well coming over to their table.

"Ayden!" Mr. D yelled. "Stop crowding the tables!"

"Sir!" Percy shot up.

"Oh, our dishwasher has something to say," Tantalus laughed. So did a few other campers. Annabeth stood up as well from Athena's table.

"We have an idea to save camp," Percy explained. A few other people laughed, but as Ayden, Ki, and Cameron moved closer to his table showing their support they stopped.

"Well if it has something—."

"The Golden Fleece," Percy interrupted him.

"We know where it is," Ayden added. Percy quickly explained the more serious parts of his dreams to Grover.

"It can save the camp," Annabeth added.

"We don't need saving," Everyone stared at the man. He knew his words weren't true. They were foolish. "The sea of Monsters? That's a large location. How would you know exactly where to start?"

"I do." Percy nodded. He blurted out a series of numbers.

"Thanks for the numbers," Tantalus looked at his plate of food bored.

"They're coordinates," Cameron explained. "Sailing coordinates." Percy nodded to her.

"We need a quest," Annabeth added. Tantalus wanted to deny it, but the campers started chanting.

"We need a quest!" A few started hitting their fists on the tables.

"Fine!" Tantalus stood up. "I'll give you a quest. A champion to undertake the perilous journey to retrieve the Golden Fleece and come back." He swept his arms out. "Our champion will consult the oracle and choose two of their choosing." He looked over the crowd. "Clarisse!" Percy turned staring at Ayden. She just rubbed her forehead and shook her head.

"I can't anymore," Ki scoffed. The campers at their tables started to chant her name.

"I accept the quest!" Clarisse stood up proudly.

"Grover is my friend! The dream came to me!" Percy argued. People yelled out insults at him as he tried to defend his pride. Ayden glared at the other Ares children shutting them up.

"I accept the quest!" Clarisse said again. "I, Clarisse, Daughter of Ares, will save the camp!" All the campers cheered.

"I'm leaving," Ki shook his head disgusted.

"Right behind you," Ayden muttered.

"Clarisse, go consult the oracle! Everyone else shut it!" Tantalus screamed. "I'm going to tell you a ghost story." Cameron and Ki followed after Ayden as she walked from the tables.

"If he tells the story of how he went to the underworld you owe me," Ki whispered.

"We are going on the quest right?" Ayden grabbed Cameron's arm and Ki's shoulder as she brought them between two of the cabins.

"Okay, we are, right?" Ayden looked at both of them. "We go save Grover and get the Fleece?"

"Aren't we bringing Annabeth and Percy?" Ki asked. He crossed his arms over his chest. They paused as Clarisse stormed past them toward the big house. She still had the laurel on the top of her head from the feast.

"Of course we are."

"What if Clarisse catches up to us?" Cameron asked. She thought for a moment. "Well I don't know who would go with her and she'll probably mess it up."

"Exactly, but you know that when we get back we are going to be in serious trouble," They both nodded. "And you're both okay with that?"

"It's like you don't even know who we are," Ki mocked her. Ayden shook her head with a smile.

"I'm just making sure, I know you both would follow me anywhere, but I will never assume and you never have to."

"Ayden," Cameron put her arm around Ayden's shoulders. "We are family, alright. It's what we do."

"We've got your back," Ki added as he put his arm around her shoulder as well. They stepped out from between the house but at the wrong time. Clarisse was walking from the big house. She had an unpleasant expression on her face.

"Why do you have to ruin everything?" Clarisse snapped.

"Hey," Ki stepped forward as Clarisse shoved him to the side.

"Get out of my way, emo! This isn't about you," She grabbed Ayden's collar pulling her closer. "You ruin everything. You think you are so great, but all you do is cause trouble for the rest of us." Ayden stared at her confused.

"I haven't done shit to you," Ayden muttered. Clarisse sneered as she let go of her shirt.

"That's shit!" She yelled. "You upset him and you don't think he only punishes you, do you?" She ran her hands through her hair. "You don't understand the backlash that the rest of us get when you anger him because you're selfish and you've always been selfish."

"You can't get mad at me for this," Ayden spat. "I did nothing wrong. I helped my friend. If Ares is angry it's not my fault. Maybe a few of the times yeah, but I've been under his radar for months now. So whatever this little episode is, this isn't my fault! It's your own, Clarisse. I don't want to be good, I don't want to be what he is looking for in his children!" Clarisse shoved Ayden making her trip. She teleported to the opposite side before she could hit the dirt. "I mean come on, how childish do you have to be?"

"Both of you knock it off," Ki warned. Clarisse didn't stop. She came forward.

"What you do affects us all, remember that the next time you try and fight with him," She shook her head. "He even unclaimed you and you still keep going."

"I never wanted to be a part of this twisted family anyway. I was happier on my own like I've always been. I had fewer scars then too," Ayden added. Clarisse's anger faded for a moment. "Oh yeah, I'm never letting that go." She tore off her shirt. The torches lined the path and lit the side of her body that was scared and discolored. "You did this to me. I was just trying to help you and this is the thanks I get. So don't come yelling at me when he gets mad at you anymore. I'm not his child in his eyes, so stop trying to drag me back into this family. I have enough scars, I don't want anymore." She turned on her heel and walked away from Clarisse. 

Ki and Cameron let her walk away too. They knew that she needed to cool off after that. Ayden didn't like exposing her scars. She didn't want to give Clarisse the satisfaction of scaring her so horribly, but Ayden wanted her to know the permanent grudge that was marked on her flesh. She wanted Clarisse to know that she was the only one responsible for her and her sibling's pain. Ayden was done with that family. She didn't have anything to do with it. She was an unclaimed child. She was an orphan all over again.

She made it back to the water pulled her dry clothes near the rock and swam out until she couldn't touch. Like her usual routine, she let out all the air in her lungs and sunk to the bottom until the moonlight wasn't visible through the water. Ayden only knew that someone was there when she felt a vibration through the water. She surfaced and saw Percy sitting on the beach. He had a towel and his stash of Coca-Cola. Ayden wanted to laugh at him. You weren't supposed to have mortal things inside the camp. Coke, was one of those mortal things.

"You deciding what to do as well?" Percy sighed. Ayden walked from the water and sat next to him. He grabbed another towel she hadn't seen and put that around her shoulders as he passed her a can of Coke.

"You aren't supposed to have these," She took a sip. The carbonated sugar felt nostalgic to her straight from the can. She can get soda in camp from the goblets, she liked rootbeer the best, but straight from the can was original. It was just better.

"Yeah, well screw Tantalus," Percy cracked open another can. Ayden smiled as she stared at the can in her hands.

"I really have missed you Percy," She breathed.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere."

"Well you are actually," They both looked to the right seeing a man walk toward them. He had on running shoes and athletic shorts with a breathable dark blue shirt.

"Uh," Ayden started at the man.

"May I join you, I haven't sat down for a long time," The man smiled at them. Ayden didn't know exactly who the man was, but she could sense his power.

"Sure," Percy answered. The man sat down and gestured to the coke.

"May I ?" He grabbed one cracking it open. He licked his lips after taking a sip. "That hits the spot. You both come here often for some peace and quiet—." His phone started going off. He held up a finger and opened the phone. Percy tapped Ayden's arm as he noticed the snakes.

"I see them," She whispered. The man spoke quickly about taking messages and package shipments. Ayden looked over at Percy. Ayden finally realized exactly who this god was. Hermes. She hadn't met him on their first quest only Annabeth and Percy, but he wasn't what she imagined.

"Anyway, I'm sorry," Hermes waved his hand in the air. "Work."

"Those snakes," Percy muttered. Hermes looked at his phone. The two snakes slithered together.

"Ah yes, Martha and George," Hermes introduced. "Introduce yourselves."

Hello. Martha greeted.

Marvelous to meet you. George added.

"Well, I have a task for you both to do?" Hermes stared at both of them. His eyes settled on the young girl. "Ayden I'm sorry to hear about Ares's actions recently, but he really is stirring up a mess on Olympus with your name." Ayden's body froze. She hasn't told Percy everything that's happened while he was gone.

"Yeah, it's whatever, what do you need us to do?" Ayden redirected the topic. Hermes took another sip of the coke understanding that she wanted him to move on.

"Well I understand that you are going to save Grover in the Sea of Monster, you are also going there to retrieve the Golden Fleece."

"News travels fast," Ayden muttered.

"I do, my dear," Hermes smirked. "Anyway, there will be a boat coming here soon and I need you to get on it if you want to save your friend."

"Wait, I'm confused," Percy shook his head.

"You want us to save Luke," Ayden muttered. "I hate to break it to you, but your son hates you."

"I know that, but family is hard, that doesn't mean I'm going to give up on him," Hermes sighed as he looked out on the water. "If you do this for me, I will stand by your name."

"Why do you keep saying that?" Percy asked. Ayden looked over to Percy.

"It's a bunch of unnecessary drama, that you don't need to be involved in," She sighed. Ayden stared at the can in her hands. "So what, we go talk to him? Try to convince him to turn good again?"

"Whatever you can try, bring that one girl," Hermes rubbed his chin. "He always talked about one of the daughters of Demeter when we used to talk. She was something special to him, bring her with."

"I'm not forcing Cmareon along, she can come if she wants and I can't promise you that Luke will want anything to do with you," Ayden explained. "I don't care if you won't help me, but you gods don't care for your children until they go against you entirely. That's the only way you seem to pay attention is when they cause so many problems you have no choice but to act like you care."

"Careful Ayden, I might side with your father after this conversation, the things you're saying already make it sound like you've decided," Hermes added. He tilted his head to the side as he watched the way Percy stared at Ayden.

"I don't support the things Luke is doing or who he is doing them for. All I want is for you gods to give a shit about your children so we stop hating each other. This family is so messed up and you all just make it worse with your immortal issues." Ayden muttered as she set the can of coke to the side. She teleported to her clothes. She pulled her shirt over her scar quickly, but not quick enough.

"Nasty looking scar you've got there, Ayden. Did you get that from one of them? Or a monster coming for you?" Hermes asked.

"Don't talk to her like that," Percy snapped. "Was that all you can here to ask, was if we could go after your son and fix your mistakes?" Hermes pushed himself up and looked at the water.

"I'm here to help you on your quest, the only thing I ask is a simple favor," Hermes added. "I didn't mean to offend either of you. I was here to offer my assistance and try and help you Ayden."

"Thanks," She scoffed. Hermes sighed and snapped his fingers. Six bags sat on the ground. "That's a lot of stuff."

"Yeah, well you need to get going before you miss your ship," Hermes explained. "Welp, I've gotta run."

You have a thousand unanswered emails about deliveries. Martha reminded.

Twenty missed calls. George added.

"I got it," Hermes sighed. He put his phone back into his backpack and stretched his back. "Good luck to you kids." Ayden watched him run down the shore until he disappeared from their eyes.

"What aren't you telling me?" Percy asked. Ayden looked down at him. He had a look twisted between confusion and anger.

"My father unclaimed me," She told him.

"Well I got that much when you weren't sitting with Ares," Percy stood up. "But what else is there?"

"The other stuff isn't important right now. We have to focus on Grover and the Fleece for now. Also now trying to turn Luke good, which isn't going to be easy." Ayden rubbed her forehead. "Damn it, I really didn't want to have Cameron get too close to Luke."

"Does she still have feelings for him?" Percy moved closer to her. Ayden dropped her hand and sighed.

"Yes and she always will, the only good thing is I know that Luke wouldn't do anything to kill her, he may hurt her, but he won't be able to kill her." She groaned. "I didn't—ah this just got so much worse."

"Relax, we haven't even started the quest yet," Percy explained. They could hear yelling in the distance. "Who's—." Through the woods, they saw Annabeth, Ki, Cameron, and Tyson come through.

"There you are," Cameron ran forward pulling Ayden into a tight hug. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Ayden looked at the others confused.

"What are you doing down here?" Percy asked.

"We heard you both yelling for help," Annabeth looked between the two of them. Percy and Ayden looked at one another and then down the shore.

"I guess we really don't have much time then," She breathed. In the distance, they could see the ship appear.

"Like he said," Percy added.

"Who said? What is going on?" Annabeth asked.

"Hermes is helping us," Ayden explained. "In return, we have to attempt to get Luke back on our side." She didn't look at Cameron even though the girl's entire demeanor changed.

"Only one issue," Annabeth added. Ki handed her one of the packs. "How are we going to get out to that boat undetected?"

"We ask father," Tyson smiled as he hugged his pack like a person. Percy stepped into the water. He didn't say anything or do anything. He just ran his hand across the top of the water and in the distance they could see the water move as hippocampi came through the water. Three of them. "Fish ponies!"

"Hippocami," Annabeth smiled as she walked toward the water. Tyson walked outward the larger one. Ayden thought it was interesting that one big enough to hold a Cyclops was around. Poseidon must know.

"I'll ride with Annabeth," Ki added.

"Of course, you will," Ayden smirked as he hit her in the back of the head. "Ow."

"I'll take Cam Cam," Tyson smiled as he helped Cameron onto the back of the hippocampi. Ayden's face burned as she faced Percy. He had his hand out ready to help her own.

"Guess you're stuck with me," Percy gave her a tight smile. In the air, the harpies were ready to strike them down for being out past curfew. Ayden took his hand and got on. Their faces burned as she wrapped her arms around him. "Giddy up!"

The hippocampi neighed and took off across the water leaving the harpies and camp behind them. They raced for the boat out in the water. A tightness built in Ayden's chest the closer they got to the ship. On the side the words Princess Andromeda. She pressed her cheeks against Percy's back trying to hide her eyes from the ship. She didn't like the energy she could feel from it. It was something old. Something old and familiar, that scared her more than anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 4.6K 71
Thousands of years ago before the reign of the Olympians, during the time of the Titan Lord, the mortal Perseus and primordial Aphrodite meet and fel...
38.2K 1.5K 14
"I hear the underworld is just swell this time of year." "Really?" "No." ________________________________________________ (Name) had a lot of questio...
9.6K 353 10
In which the daughter of Hephaestus risks it all to try and save her best friend... JOAN JACKSON is the daughter of Hephaestus. She has spent her en...
1.4M 58.9K 198
Prepared to feel the feels? Prepared to cry, laugh, and fangirl with the characters of Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter? If so, then enter, mighty de...