Daylight

By hjpstreacletart

A story in which Matilda Lockwood spends her first summer at the Fishers beach house. [ OC x Conrad Fisher ] More

Intro.
1. - August
2.- Dinner & Debs.
A/N
3. - As the world caves in.
4.- Daylight.
5.- Labyrinth
6.- shopping.
7.- a tea party .
8.-I dont want to look at anything else now that I saw you.
debutante social media posts!
9.- right where you left me.
10.- got lovestruck went to my head.
11.- infact, I love you.
12.- sparks.
12.2- recent posts.
13.- beach baby.
14.-traitor.
15.-I don't know anything, but I know I miss you.
16.- will you want me? will you tell me to go fuck myself?
A/N
18- everyone wants him, that was my crime.
A/N
19.-your mother would be proud of you.
20.- know what?
21.- we'll be a fine line.
The end.
DAYLIGHT PART 2

17.- I would stay forever, if you say don't go.

944 15 2
By hjpstreacletart

last night- key scenes I felt should be included. :

Conrad came out of the kitchen, as he had grabbed some water for Matilda, as he walked out, he saw his mom struggling to get up the stairs. his heart broke, as he wondered over to her, while she placed herself down on the stairs tiredly, " mom? " he asked, as he approached her, his eyes full of concern.

Susannah weakly chuckled up at him,

" big day today, huh? " he smiled , softly but sadly. " c'mon, let's get you upstairs . " he gently took his moms hand, and supported her back she she didn't fall, " no falling today. "

Susannah laughed lightly, " I'm not gonna fall. " she croaked.

———

As Belly swam, under the water, Jeremiah swam over to her, with a cheeky smile.

The two floated to the top of the water, " is this one of your solo night swims, or can I join? " he asked,

" you want to join? " Belly asked bewildered,

Jeremiah nodded, offering her a light smile. Now Conrad and Matilda were all okay, there was no point in scolding Belly forever.

" well sure. " Belly smiled,

As the two floated around, Jeremiah sighed, " oh Bells. "

" what? " Belly chuckled, confused.

" are you sad you broke up with Cam? " he asked her, looking at her intently,

" no, um, it was the right thing to do. " Belly nodded contently,

" and the Conrad thing..? " Jeremiah trailed off,

Belly shook her head, " it hurt, but it was my fault, I shouldn't of made the move, and uh, now I know him and me just wouldn't happen, I feel weirdly fine. "

Jeremiah stared at her for a moment, before chuckling,

" what? " Belly smiled, amused.

" nothing. " Jeremiah replied softly,

It was purely silent for a moment.

" everything. " he sighed,

The two got naturally closer,

" you're my best friend Bells. " Jeremiah told her boldly, looking at her face for a second, " but there are times I've wanted to be more. "

Belly looked shocked, as she stammered, going red, " really? uh- why didn't you say anything? "

Jeremiah sighed, " well, for you, you always only really saw Conrad, then this summer it was Cam- and I guess I was just waiting. "

Belly blushed, " for me? "

" yeah. " Jeremiah nodded, barely above a whisper. " do you think we could ever uh - "

Belly smiled adoringly, " yes, yes -"

The two took eachothers hands, before the pairs lips collided, as Jeremiah grabbed Bellys hips, as she straddles his waist.

____

The next day.

Matilda walked back into Conrad's room, a towel wrapped around her. she didn't realise Conrad was in his room, and she flushed red, " sorry -"

Conrad chuckled, respectfully turning his head away. Matilda quickly shoved on some random clothes, " I'm done. " she announced awkwardly.

Conrad jokingly removed his hands from his face, making Matilda smile. she narrowed her eyes, she could tell something was slightly wrong, ever since when he spoke to Susannah last night.

" are you okay? " she asked him, as she wondered over to him, soothingly pushing his hair back.

" yeah, I'm okay. " Conrad smiled up at her, covering his pain about his moms decreasing health.

Matilda sighed, nodding in acceptance. this random blues had been normal for Conrad for a while, so she knows it wasn't her. she sat herself on his lap, brushing her fingers through his hair. Conrad melted into her, as he put a hand round her waist, and leant onto her.

" are you going to see Cleveland today? " she asked him, in which he nodded in response.

" okay my love. " Matilda smiled, kissing his forehead. Conrad's whole body felt relaxed, he never felt so safe unless he was with her. he nuzzled his face in her shoulder slightly. " I'm happy you stayed. " he told her contently,

" I'd stay forever if you say don't go. " Matilda chuckled gently, making Conrad smile.

" you're adorable. " he smiled softly, " just so you know, I'd also stay forever, well, I will stay forever, for you. "

Matilda's smile grew, " good. " she laughed quietly, ruffling his hair, making Conrad also smile more.

After a few moments, when he realised time was ticking on, " I better head off. " he sighed, removing his head from the warmth of her shoulder.

Matilda nodded, removing her hands from his hair.

" I love you. " Conrad told her, wanting her to know he truly meant it. his heart fluttered as her pretty smile, the prettiest one he had ever seen, spread across her face, that lit up. Even though Conrad was feeling anxious, it was like the warmth of her smile projected onto his.

" I love you. " Matilda smiled, chuckling quietly. the two smiled innocently, as they shared a small, gentle kiss.

The two pulled away, sharing a knowing smile, before Matilda got up from his lap.

" I think your moms waiting for me anyway, she's painting me. " Matilda sighed,

Conrad chuckled heartily, " I cant wait to see it. " he told her, as he picked up his keys off the bedside table.

" see you later, Con. " Matilda chuckled.

" Bye pretty girl. " Conrad flashed her a smile boldly, before he smirked to himself , and left.

——————

Conrad huffed, ripping a piece of wood out of the boat, " yeah see, it's wood rot, you see the brittle on the inside? we have to pry out bits until we reach clean wood. " his voice was shaky.

Cleveland eyed the young boy with concern.

Conrad yanked out a piece of wood, cutting himself, " fuck, ow! "

" you're a little on edge my friend " Cleveland sighed, holding out a hand, trying to get him to stop yanking pieces of wood.

" it's been a bad week. " Conrad retorted, irritatedly,

" is your dad back in town? " Cleveland tried.

" No , other stuff. " Conrad bluntly answered,

" how's things been going with your Matilda? " Cleveland asked.

" Obviously not great, after I was framed to look like a cheater. " Conrad scoffed, pulling out more pieces of wood, " and this isn't looking great either, man. It just keeps going and going, the whole god damn thing is infected and I didn't notice, it's everywhere, AND I DIDNT NOTICE-" he rambled, growing more and more frustrated, as he began to tear up,

" Conrad- woah woah-" Cleveland interrupted him,

Conrad shot up, clutching his chest, breathing shakily,

" what's going on man? " Cleveland stood up, concerned.

" my hearts beating really fast, and uhm-" he took a sharp breathe, struggling, " it's really hard to breathe. " he croaked.

Cleveland placed a fatherly hand in his chest, and one on his shoulder, sitting him down. " Hey, it's normal, you're having a panic attack, it's okay, look at me. "

Conrad drew his face up to look at Cleveland, his eyes brimmed with tears.
" deep breathes, okay? " instructed Cleveland, " in.. out..in..out..in..out.." he attempted, until his breathing eventually slowed back to normal.

" let it out man. " Cleveland told Conrad encouragingly. " Conrad, what's going on? "

Conrad breathed shakily for a few moments, hardly being able to get the words out, " it's my mom- she.." he told him, his voice breaking.

———

" don't you just love that dress? " Susannah beamed, painting Matilda.

Matilda merely nodded, as she flashed Susannah a smile. " I love it. "

" so, how's things?" Susannah asked her,

Matilda didn't really know what to respond, " things are..good!"

" I heard about the little situation with you, Connie, and Belly. " Susannah sighed.

Matilda didn't really know what to say, as she nodded, " yeah. "

" how are you feeling, after all of that? " Susannah asked her, in a motherly tone,

" I mean, at the time I was crushed but uh, me and Conrad talked it out, I know he'd never cheat on me. " Matilda smiled lightly,

Susannah chuckled, " Of course he wouldn't, he loves you. "

Matilda's smile grew, " yeah, he actually told me that. "

Susannah gushed, " Really?! finally! "

Matilda giggled, " you really raised such an amazing son, Susannah. I'm lucky to have him, thank you. "

Susannah's expression softened even more, " Oh honey! " she smiled, " he's lucky to have you aswell you know, really, to have such a sweet, loving girl like you. "

Matilda shook her head, going red slightly, making Susannah chuckle.

" So, you're selling lemonade today right? " She asked,

Matilda nodded, " I would have done the tournament, but it was too late to sign up when I finally was allowed to come. " she explained.

Susannah waved her hand in dismissal, " oh well honey. lemonade is a treat, what charity are you going to donate to?" she asked.

" The one you work with, the homeless women's charity. " Matilda answered,

Susannah grinned, " aw Tilly, that is to sweet. thank you! "

Matilda chuckled, " Of course " she responded, making Susannah smile.

" Now, Tills, I want all the inside scoop on those little parties and deb teas you've been of to. " Susannah grinned, making Matilda chuckle,

" Oh Suze, you wouldn't not believe it!-" Matilda began.

————

" There's a breathing technique, for panic attacks. " Cleveland informed Conrad, " 4, inhale, 7, hold, and 8 to exhale. "

Conrad nodded, and asked him, " how do you know all this stuff? "

" it was when my second book came out, I had my first full blown panic attack. I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack, learnt plenty of coping methods after that. " Cleveland explained, chuckling to lighten the mood.

" Wow. " Conrad murmured,

After a few moments, Cleveland sighed, " maybe you should tell your mom you know ."

Conrad responded, " yeah I know, I want to, I swear. Everytime I try, I don't know how. " he sighed, " she doesn't want me or my brother to know, finding out would crush her, it would ruin everything. "

Cleveland nodded, as he listened to Conrad.

" I feel like maybe, if I- I just keep it inside, you know, maybe thats what keeps her alive. " Conrad breathed out,

" you're afraid to step on a crack. " Cleveland told him, " you're afraid to be the one to make it real. " he shook his head, " this isn't something you can control, this is happening wether you say it out loud or not. "

Conrad looked over at him, with his pained expression.

" Conrad, it's not on you. " Cleveland told him, firmly, but careingly. " okay? "

Conrad looked thoughtful for a moment, his expression glassy, " it's not on me. "

————

Conrad walked back into the house, and saw Matilda making smoothies for the both of them.

" Hey Tills. " Conrad smiled,

" Hey Connie. " Matilda smiled, pouring the smoothie into two cups, before she looked up at him. " what's wrong? "

Conrad's heart dropped, he didn't want her to find anything out. " nothing "

" your eyes look all puffy " She frowned, waving him round.

Conrad walked round to the side of the island she was on, she leaned on it, pushing the hair out of his face, " are you okay? " she asked him softly,

He nodded, as he smiled lightly at her, " with you? always. "

Matilda's heart melted, as she pulled Conrad in, letting him lean into her shoulder. she soothingly ran her fingers through his hair, as she knew that it made him feel relaxed, and rubbed circles on his back.

After a minute, Conrad felt Matildas body tense up, he looked up, and saw Belly walk into the room,

" Hey guys " she smiled sheepishly,

Matilda didn't even utter a word, nor did Conrad, he infact sent her a sharp look, not wanting her to spoil this moment.

Belly nodded in defeat, " just getting my water-bottle. " she told them, heading towards the fridge.

Conrad could tell Matilda felt on edge, so he gently moved her face towards him, with one hand under her chin, tilting it up, as he placed a soft kiss on her lips, distracting her.

Matilda smiled at Conrad's indirect reassurance, as she cupped his face. As Conrad and Matilda pulled away, Belly had got water,

" Taylor is almost here, by the way." Belly informed them,

" Cool. " Matilda bluntly responded. . Conrad however had no care to respond.

The doorbell rang at that very moment,

Belly happily rushed to the door immediately.

—————

Conrad helped Matilda make protein shakes that she promised to make for Shayla and Steven.

Belly and Taylor then both walked into the kitchen,

" Matilda! " Taylor beamed, who hadn't known a thing about what's happened yet.

" Hey! " Matilda kindly smiled, as Taylor pulled her into a hug, which Matilda cautiously accepted.

Taylor pulled away, smiling happily. She then looked at Conrad, " Hi Conrad . " she greeted him politely,

" Hey Taylor. " he flashed her a polite smile back.

Taylor looked around at all of them who stood in silence. " well- c'mon CinderBelly! " she cleared her throat, " she has a lot to tell me apparently. " she grinned, implying Jeremiah Fisher.

Belly cringed.

" oh yeah, I bet she does. " Matilda nodded, her tone laced bitterly. Conrad practically chocked, as he tried not to snicker. he was so proud of her for that one.

Taylor looked taken aback, as she eyed Belly who looked guilty, avoiding gaze. " c'mon. " she muttered, dragging Belly up the stairs.

————

" YOU KISSED CONRAD?! " Taylor yelled, furiously, but also in shock.

" yes, okay okay! " Belly raised her hands in annoyance.

" Belly, I know I also kissed someone in a relationship but I didn't know he was in one! you knew, so clearly what you were doing! " Taylor sighed,

Belly nodded, not even arguing back, " I know.  I messed up, and I feel bad. Matilda and Conrad both hate me. "

Taylor responded, " can you blame them right now? " she questioned, in which Belly muttered back, " no "

Taylor asked, " have you apologised yet? "

Belly shook her head, " no no, but I will, okay. I promise. "

Taylor nodded, disappointed in her best friend.

———

The game ended, and Jeremiah and Belly had won, beating Steven and Shayla.

Taylor suddenly flew an arm around Matilda's shoulder, as everyone began to leave the pitch.

" Hey Matilda " she smiled,

Matilda responded, " Hey Taylor. "

Taylor sighed, " I'm sorry about Belly, what she did totally wasn't it. "

Matilda shook her head, " it's not your fault. "

Taylor smiled sadly at her.

" Well hey, all the players are heading off, so imma go congratulate everyone! " Matilda told Taylor, who nodded.

Matilda wondered over to Shayla, " well done Shay, second place is still amazing babe. " she smiled reassuringly, pulling her into a hug, as Steven spoke to Conrad.

Shayla waved her hand in dismissal, " no it's okay, it's kinda annoying but it's fine. " she shrugged. Matilda nodded.

" I'm just happy you're here. " Shayla smiled,

" Shayla, you are too sweet. " Matilda chuckled, nudging her.

Shayla grinned, " not to late to run away, just us. "

Conrad and Steven both turned round, sending pointed looks causing the girls to giggle.

———

Nicole ran over to Matilda, pulling her into a hug. Shayla had now sadly left as she was busy.

" I'm so happy you didn't leave! " she gushed, Matilda laughed, " me too. " she smiled over her shoulder, sending Conrad a loving look which he returned from where he stood.

" so, I was thinking of doing a party tonight on my yacht! " Nicole explained, as Matildas eyes widened in excitement, " you in? "

Matilda nodded her head quickly " of course I am "

Nicole giggled, as she then saw Belly and Taylor walked past. she called them over.

" Belly! Taylor! " Nicole greeted them, " I was thinking of doing a party on my yacht tonight, you guys in? "

Matilda felt sick. for some reason she really didn't want to hang out with Belly, and she didn't think Nicole would invite them, but at the end of the day Belly is part of the group.

" Will Kayla be there? " Taylor asked, a brow raised.

" You mean Shayla? " Nicole responded, bewildered, " no she's busy. "

Taylor and Belly shared a look.

" Yeah, we'll be there. " Belly smiled.

A/N sorry this chapter is bad. I've had a lot going on, but the next will be better <3.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 42.4K 91
∾✧。EASIER ۵∾ ❛IS IT EASIER TO STAY? IS IT EASIER TO GO? I DON'T WANNA KNOW, OH BUT I KNOW THAT I'M NEVER EVER GONNA CHANGE AND YO...
13.5K 202 17
emmy conklin had been going to the summer house in cousins ever since she was born, and every summer she'd go there and fall even deeper in love with...
54.9K 1.4K 22
"Can I tell you something?" Conrad asked. I only nodded. "You're the strongest person I know." To this day, I still think he lied to me. I should be...
38.3K 437 53
☆𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃, 𝐓𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔☆ 𝐘/𝐍 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡...