Warmth

By vickie2021

Sasuhina story. This story was inspired by one of my favorite sasuhina stories called "In the Light" by @Tayt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 26

602 31 17
By vickie2021

Hinata

Sasuke's speech made me want to jump on him and kiss him all over. This Beautiful man has expressed everything I needed to hear.

He loves me.

I want to be with Sasuke but I am scared. Sasuke is unreliable, and I feel like I don't know him anymore. I would marry him in a heartbeat but we have a lot to address. I held the Cosmo he gave me tight in my hand as I stared into his eyes hoping he would tell me it is not true. The Sasu I know does not need to take vengeance on the leaf. He came here for me, right? He came to declare his love for me. He came to keep me in his life because we can't function apart. My Sasu is not selfish.

"You killed an elder" I can tell he was taken back by what i said. That was not what he expected.

"Hn." He deadpans "What does it matter to you?"

It is clear I do not know this man as well as I had hoped. "You said you would not seek revenge. I thought it wasn't worth it." I throw his words at him. His face changed from emotionless to angry.

"I also said I would never come back to this god forsaken village, but here I am." He huffed looking at our surroundings before glaring at me. I cower under his intense stare and face the ground.

"Why?" I ask. He sighed before responding.

"He was Danzo's right hand man when forging the plan to annihilate my clan."

"No. Why did you come back to Konoha?" I ask, watching the grass sway in the wind beneath me. This is what I need to know.

"I came for the baby." There goes the bricks smashing my heart. Those words hurt like no other. I should have known. It wouldn't have taken him this long to come back if he came for me. He needed to restore his clan and I happened to be pregnant. I can't believe I was stupid enough to have sex with him again. "But I stayed for you." my eyes lift from the ground and meet his. I think he could recognize the conflict in my eyes so he repeated his statement. "I came for the baby, but I stayed for you Hina. I wish I had come earlier." My eyes slowly reach the ground. He wished he did but he didn't. I'm overjoyed he stayed for me, but I wanted him to keep his promise. I wanted him to need me. "Damn it Hinata! I'm sorry for everything." he exclaims taking a step toward me.

"What's everything?" I look at him once again.

"There's a lot." He closes his hand over mine that are still tightly holding onto single Cosmo. "I'm sorry for looking at you that way in the cell. I'm sorry for calling you pathetic when Mamoru tortured you. I'm Sorry for not immediately recognizing your worth. I'm sorry for letting you walk hours, shirtless. I'm sorry for leaving you vulnerable, forcing you to defend yourself outside that village. I'm sorry for letting Karin disrespect you. I'm sorry I became jealous of Suigetsu. I'm sorry I wasn't there when Toneri arrived. I'm sorry I let him win. I'm sorry you put your blood line at risk to save us. I'm sorry I couldn't stop him from throwing you unconscious. I'm sorry he caused the loss of our baby. I'm sorry I wasn't the one to take you here. I'm sorry I didn't come for you sooner. I'm sorry I disappeared. I'm sorry you came looking for me blind. I'm sorry I left no trace for you to find me. I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise. I'm sorry for coming only once I found out you were pregnant. I'm sorry I didn't comfort you when you told me about the baby. I'm sorry I didn't compliment your new haircut. I'm sorry for scaring you yesterday in your bedroom. I'm sorry for being selfish. I'm sorry I didn't show you that I love you."

I stare wide eyed as he names everything, things I didn't even know. I could feel tears dripping from my cheeks. "With you, I can't be selfish anymore" I smile at him, admiring his words. This is my Sasu.

"I Lov-"

"HINATA!!!" I snap my head in the direction of the blonde. "TenTen she is over here!" Oh not now girls!! They told me brunch before the engagement party but I forgot. I will give anything for them to go away. I look over to Sasuke and it seems we are thinking the same thing. Sasuke lets go of my hands and I place my arms to my side as I smile to greet the company. "Did you forget about brunch?" Ino questions as she walks up to me.

"Are you crying?" TenTen asks from behind her. Ino face turns concerned as I frantically wipe my face.

"Of course not, I was inviting Sasuke to brunch with us." I smile convincingly

"Why?" TenTen questions looking Sasuke up and down.

"DUH! He's Naruto's best friend. Plus he's coming to the party too so he might as well come to brunch. Sakura invited him." Ino exclaimed happily. I quickly look at Sasuke as this was news to me. He was looking at Ino unamused. "Her and Naruto will be so excited Sasuke is joining brunch. Good thinking Hinata!"

I look back to Ino and smile. "Shall we get going?" I say beginning to walk in the direction of town.

"We are late! It took us forever to find you. We stopped by your house, the hospital, and the flower shop."

"Why did you come here?" I questioned as the other places were self explanatory. They were both silent. Ino cleared her throat

"We thought you came to visit your Mom." I didn't respond to TenTen's words. I haven't visited my mom since I got out of my coma. I think she would be disappointed in my recent actions. We walk the rest of the way in silence. I was leading the pack, but by the time we got into town, Sasuke was walking by my side with Ino and TenTen behind us.

I walk into the Korean BBQ restaurant to see all my friends and my fiancé sitting at a long table by the window. Everyone stops and looks in my direction. They are not staring at me but rather the tall stoic man beside me. On one side of the table sat Rock Lee, Choji, Naruto, Sakura, Shino, and Shikamaru. Ino sat across from Shikamaru at the end of the table. I sat next to Kiba, Sasuke sat next to me and TenTen sat next to Sai at the other end of the table. Something must be going on between Sai and Ino since they are at opposite ends of the table. I sat across from Sakura and Sasuke sat across from Naruto.

I am very uncomfortable. Sasuke senses this and places his hand on my thigh. Unlike his intentions, this made me more anxious. "Sasuke," Sakura whispers, surprised to see him.

"Teme! Didn't expect to see you here." Naruto explained with a big smile on his face.

"Hina invited me." He responded, smirking at me. Naruto's smile slowly withered as his eyes moved from Sasuke to me. Sakura stared at me confused hearing what Sasuke just called me.

"Okay everyone, we are here to Celebrate Hinata's 18th Birthday before her and Naruto's engagement party!" Ino announced. All our friends stared at my and Naruto and cheered, except Sasuke.

"Are you excited for the party?" Kiba interjected.

"Believe it!" Naruto jumps up with his thumb in the air.

"This party will be awesome!" Rock Lee jumps out of his seat as well. "Naruto, the village savior, and Hinata, the Hyuuga Heiress, will be together forever as a dynamic duo! The duos Naruto/Hinata and Rock Lee/Might Guy can go on crazy missions and adventures together."

I smile "Sounds fun Lee" I shift my attention to the menu. I would rather be anywhere else right now.

"Can we get bottomless mimosas?" Ino asks the waiter.

"Sure. Who all wants the Mimosas?"

"Me, TenTen, Sakura, Naruto, and Hinata." Ino said confidently. "The rest of all are on your own."

"I don't really drink." I comment

"Today you do! This is your birthday celebration!" She declared giving me my first mimosa. I giggle and accept her offer. We all ate once the food came out. Sasuke ordered a beer with his meal and so did Shikamaru, Kiba, and Shino. I tasted the mimosa and it was so good. Much better than that god awful beer. I drank my first two glasses like juice and began on the third.

Ino began talking very loud across the table as she was also on her third mimosa. She spoke about her outfit for tonight's party. "Then I'm gonna wear a green clip in my hair to match my dress. I was thinking of wearing my hair down since it's the longest out of us girls." She states flipping her ponytail.

"Hinata used to have the longest hair, but she cut it. What happened?" Sakura asked me while stuffing her face with noodles.

"I felt different, so I wanted to try something different." I say finishing my rice cake and 3rd mimosa.

"I love it." Sasuke ran his fingers through my hair as he said it. His hands lingered in my hair long enough to cause staring eyes around the table. As I look at him, my face grows hot. His eyes shift from my hair to my eyes then my lips. He licks his lips and a shiver moves up my spine.

"Arigato" I pick up my fourth drink and start gulping.

"I agree. It makes Hinata look mature." Kiba chimes in trying to conceal the awkwardness.

"Slow down" Sasuke whispers to me as I finish my fourth mimosa.

"I'm fine" I notice I am starting to be affected by these drinks. If I didn't feel anything, I would think there was no alcohol in these mimosas. They were so tasteful and helping as the tension was suffocating. Naruto and Sakura bore into us from across the table. Naruto was giving Sasuke a death stare as Sasuke casually sipped his beer. Sakura kept shifting her eyes from me to Sasuke to Naruto then back to me. I quickly gulp down my 5th mimosa.

I stood from the table as I couldn't breathe. "I *hiccup* have a lot to do *hiccup* for the party! See you all there!" I have too many incoherent thoughts in my head to sit at this table. My balance fails me as I fall hard to my seat. I laugh at the incident then stand back up to try again. I fail again but this time I am caught by strong arms.

"We're leaving" the vibrations from his deep voice resonate through my body. I feel like I am sinking his arms. I missed his embrace so much.

"Yes sir" I laugh.

"Move" he is always so demanding. I oblige and try to stand on my feet. Sasuke has his hand around my waist as we stand at the exit of the restaurant. Naruto was in front of us, blocking us from leaving.

"No"

"Move Naruto" Sasuke repeats.

"I know about the cell" I lift my head at Naruto's words. "I see you guys have created a bond. But that was then, and now you are holding my fiancé." His whiskers grew out of his face as he spoke. Naruto's and Sasuke's eyes became red. They stare challenging each other.

"Hey Hey!" Kiba to the rescue once again. I feel his paw on my back. "I will take Hinata." Sasuke's grip tightens on my waist as he continues to stare at Naruto.

"I want Kiba" I whine rolling out of Sasuke's hold. I latch onto Kiba for stability. Kiba begins to lead the way slowly around a furious Naruto.

"Hinata!" Ino ran after me and Kiba with TenTen hot on her trail.

"We'll help you!" TenTen joins

"Let's get ready at my house" Ino grabs my arms to help keep me balanced. Kiba and I follow as Ino leads the way to her home.

I have to break things off with Naruto. I feel bad for stringing him along. He does not deserve this. This is such a mess. Like my room, I really need to clean it. Sasuke messed up my bed really badly. He's so extra. I wonder if he was gay in a past life or something because no way he is gay now but everyone thinks he is. Does he look gay? Maybe he smells gay. I like his smell of sandalwood and blackberries. Blackberries are a fruit, so he smells fruity. That's why everyone says he's gay. I would have thought rock lee was gay because his relationship with might guy is so weird and he is fascinated with Neji, but TenTen confirmed that is not true. How did she look at Lee and think "yeah i wanna fuck him" I don't see it. When she first told me I didn't believe it, and I barely believe it now. She must have had a psychotic break. Rock Lee is the loudest out of all of us and he still never said anything about it. Plus he acts the same. You would think after he got some pussay he would be different. I surely was different after getting some dick. I think I went dick dumb. What girl goes out looking for a man blind when she has no clue where he is? A dumbass one.

"Hellooooooooo" I snap my neck to see TenTen waving her hands in my face. "Earth to Hinata" Tenten sat on Ino's bed next to Ino once she saw me come back to consciousness. I stood by Ino's bedroom door.

"Gomen" I plop in her vanity chair. "Where's *hiccup* Kiba?" I say quickly.

"He left while you were dazed." ino says frustrated. " What's up with you?"

"I think *hiccup* I'm Drunk" I giggle

"What was going on with you and Sasuke at the table?" Tenten asks " And when he tried to take you out of the restaurant. What the fuck was that?"

"Naruto almost fought his best friend!" Ino states in shock.

"I can't marry Naruto." I say with my head down.

"WHAT!" They scream simultaneously, almost falling off the bed.

"The man of your dreams, Naruto? Faint when you see him, Naruto? Hero of the village, Naruto? Saved you from abduction, Naruto?? Your fiancé, Naruto??? Naruto, Naruto????" TenTen rants standing from the bed.

"I love Sasuke!" I blurt out. Their eyes widen and jaws drop. I smile nervously as they process what I just said.

"She really is drunk." Tenten shakes her head.

"Sakura is going to kill you." Ino whispers. I love Sakura, but she is the last of my worries.

"How? He just got to the village recently. No one has seen him in years." Tenten questions. I tell them everything the best I can. From the escape, to team taka, then Toneri, and lastly the baby.

They sit in silence. I should have never said anything. This whole thing is ridiculous.

"The baby is gone?" Ino reflects. "I'm so sorry Hina. I can't think of a worse pain." She stands to hug me and I embrace her. I'm so relieved to tell my friends. I have been suffering alone for so long. Tenten joins the hug. We stood there for a while holding each other. Ino starts to cry.

"It's okay girls. I am fine now" We all sit back down in silence before tenten speaks.

"You have to tell Naruto." I agree with Tenten. I have to tell him today. Maybe after a nap because I can't even walk in this state. "Then you must leave with Sasuke."

"What!?" Ino and I respond to her.

"The village won't accept him. He just killed an elder! Especially not you both together! Your upcoming wedding to the village hero has been the talk of the town! Everyone and their mommas are excited!"

"Naruto can change their minds," I inform. Ino sat on the bed staring at her baby blue comforter.

"Naruto is not going to vouch for the man who stole his fiancé." Shit. Tenten is right like always.

"I can't *hiccup* leave all my friends *hiccup* and family again!" I feel myself begin to cry.

"You really think Sasuke is going to agree to stay in Konoha? He hates it here." Tenten sighs. "It's your choice; Sasuke or your village?" 

_________________________________________________________

I haven't updated this story in almost a year. :(

I apologize. I had writer's block and didn't know how I wanted it to end. I had to read other sasuhina stories then reread this one. Now I have a clear vision of what is going to happen. The story is predicted to have 31 chapters total. So 5 left! Bear with me please.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 892 39
Modern College AU: In his third year of college, Naruto Uzumaki has been near the top of the list as a university play boy. Leaving women high & dry...
11.3K 788 42
When Uchiha Sasuke was just about done with everything he's endured, he finds himself in a foreign land where he meets Hyuga Hinata. Struggling with...
194K 6.1K 30
Naruto Fanfiction. Sasuke Love Story. She is a beautiful girl with hair as white as snow, but also has an unknown illness which makes her cough up b...
23.2K 537 11
© SQUISHYMINNIE | for Itachi Uchiha ❦ - It's been years since (Y/N) last step foot on Konoha Village due to a mission she was intrusted with by the 3...